Mafia 87: Madness in Mega-City One - GAME THREAD

If you have a game you want to play on the forum, you can do so here.
Forum rules
This is an area for forum games. Please note that to support mafia games players cannot edit their own posts in this forum. Off Topic threads will be relocated or deleted. Issues taking place in forum games should be dealt with by respective game GMs and escalated to the moderators only if absolutely necessary.
JustAGuyNamedWill

Re: Mafia 87: Madness in Mega-City One - GAME THREAD

#3781 Post by JustAGuyNamedWill » Mon Apr 08, 2024 7:09 pm

Nvm wolves laughing at me in scum chat

JustAGuyNamedWill

#3782 Post by JustAGuyNamedWill » Mon Apr 08, 2024 7:10 pm

Hmm wait this is kind of strange

Are food and ghug paired?

ghug
Bronze Donator
Bronze Donator

#3783 Post by ghug » Mon Apr 08, 2024 7:11 pm

foodcoats wrote:
Mon Apr 08, 2024 4:57 pm
brainbomb wrote:
Mon Apr 08, 2024 4:43 pm
Nice! now we get fidelis next and remove one from the other team too
Fidelis is definitely a good kill.

What do you think, ghug? :evil:
Fidelis's odds of being scum have gotten even lower!

snowy801

#3784 Post by snowy801 » Mon Apr 08, 2024 7:13 pm

Chaqa wrote:
Mon Apr 08, 2024 7:03 pm
snowy801 wrote:
Mon Apr 08, 2024 6:53 pm
Chaqa wrote:
Mon Apr 08, 2024 6:50 pm

I don't remember the game number, but I think it was the no-flip. All I remember is I caught you and Tom in the same phase and you were very much a dick about it.
So you believe that I am upset at you specifically for killing Dip among all the people who was end hammering or on the wagon, and this is because Dip is my teammate and I once again blame you for the Dip flip?

Be clear in your passive aggressive accusations please
I think it could be a couple different things. One of those is that your Balki’s teammate and you want to distract from your successful enable of his power by pushing me. The other is that you’re upset at yourself for fucking up by voting Balki and are projecting it onto me.

When it came time to hammer, it didn’t even cross my mind that I shouldn’t. It was discussed earlier, but that was earlier, and I wasn’t thinking about it at the time I hammered. I don’t think that should surprise anyone.
So you believe that one of these things can be true, yes?
1) I am Balki (MMA)'s angel teammate who off wagoned him to enable a kill
2) I am town who is angry at myself because of this "error" of voting for Balki and I'm just blindly lashing out at you because I do that all the time
You further claim that you knew that your end would be the hammer, but not aware that my vote was off wagon, yes?

ghug
Bronze Donator
Bronze Donator

#3785 Post by ghug » Mon Apr 08, 2024 7:13 pm

snowy801 wrote:
Mon Apr 08, 2024 5:43 pm
Bro you should've let me move off before the hammer
Why did Chaqa do this
I mean, if Balki wants to kill, we probably catch him. Isn't that what you said you wanted?

Why didn't you move off earlier?

snowy801

#3786 Post by snowy801 » Mon Apr 08, 2024 7:14 pm

ghug wrote:
Mon Apr 08, 2024 7:13 pm
snowy801 wrote:
Why did Chaqa do this
I mean, if Balki wants to kill, we probably catch him. Isn't that what you said you wanted?

That's not really what I wanted, I just wanted to play a day out instead of sitting on Dip like a bunch of lab rats

I didn't move off earlier because I didn't possibly imagine I would have a reason to. I was going to show up a bit before the 24 hour mark to hammer.

ghug
Bronze Donator
Bronze Donator

#3787 Post by ghug » Mon Apr 08, 2024 7:15 pm

Kakarroto wrote:
Mon Apr 08, 2024 6:19 pm
ND wrote:
Sun Apr 07, 2024 9:17 pm
My only post D2 until end of day was also to Dip@Warfare that was my crumb.

Anyway, I'll check back later. At least we have one scum with that guy. And a town clear in Worcej.

This must burst your little bubble Kaky sorry bud. Better luck next time.
first of all: you have no privilege to call me bud, buddy, mate, companion, compadre, or any similar words, not with the behaviour and attitude you've given me
ND wrote:
Sun Apr 07, 2024 11:06 pm
Alright so here is a full breakdown of my thoughts, info, etc.

Role
I’m just going to paraphrase because I don’t know what is allowed and what isn’t, but I’m the COP.
-I investigate each night to learn alignment.
-My return is INNOCENT or GUILTY.
-All non-town return GUILTY.

D1
-Played a low-key D1 with a bit of rxn thrown in uwu.
-DrF did stand out. I stand by my reasoning that his vote on me was scum indicative and I think that should stand out to anyone. With that knowledge and the probability of him being scum in my mind I decided to not investigate him.
-After all, why scan him when I am already fairly confident in that read and not go for someone else?
-I decided to investigate Dip&Warfare.
-This was almost purely random. I thought his username picture was cool.
-The people I was mildly annoying too didn’t really tell me anything and I purposefully avoided any confrontation D1.
-After all, I am a favorite D1 kill and I needed to get results.

D2
-I got a Guilty! verdict. Which eliminated the possibility that I could be something like the naive cop.
-So I know that he is not town for sure at this point.
-I made my crumb.
-This was literally a throw away response to something Dip&War said.
-I made it at the very start of the day and didn’t say anything for 47 hours.

EOD2
-I came back to the thread and got the vibe that some people were itching to make me a wagon.
-I baited this and even welcomed it to some extent.
-If I survived then I would be less likely to be a N2 mafia target. After all, why kill someone who may be a town day kill the next day?
-I might have baited a bit too hard though and when it looked like I might be the day 2 kill I did type up a reveal post. I literally had it in a window ready to post minutes before the deadline with my result on Dip&War.
-Fortunately, enough people moved their votes and I was able to avoid it and get another result.

N2
-Following this I wanted to keep up an argument or two over night. My thought was if I could act in such a way and draw some heat then again the mafia would be more likely not to select me because I am making myself a target. Maybe this worked? I don’t know.
-I selected Worcej as my investigation target relatively early in the night.
-Not random. I respect Worcej as a player and if he was town then I wanted to clear him. If he was mafia then he would be a blind spot to me so I had to determine that.
-End of the night, I simply did an @Dip&Warfare as my final post in the event of my death although I was relatively certain I wasn’t going to die. I figured that somebody would get the hint if I did that he was my first scan and if I died it would be valuable enough to follow up on.

D3
-I got a Not guilty result on Worcej.
-With two different results I felt confident enough in my role to reveal what I was rather than waste the day with a pointless wagon on me when I have information.
-It was possible that I could have gone for a third result, but given the chaotic nature of the setup, additional information roles (potentially), and my own knowledge of two different results then I felt it best to just give up what I have.
-So yeah that about sums it all up.
second, I'm not convinced you are a cop, or even town. with the time and the way you have claimed, you can easily be mafia that makes a gamble. Like, you could've gambled that d&w is just from the other mafia team. Going for a 1 for 1 trade, or even if you are lucky getting a false townclear. I mean, there is even a world, where both of you are on the SAME mafia team, and you bussing here just to try to gain credit, to force a misvote tomorrow. Which would be very dangerous this night where the other mafia might go for you, but if you are the mean machine, you would still get another nk with the vote where d&w votes you. But if you survive, you could cause major damage to town and the other team.

I do have to say, as bad as your 'crumb' for your scan is, it works out in a logical way. I'm still heavily sus of you, you are nowhere cleared.
ND wrote:
Mon Apr 08, 2024 3:30 am
damo666 wrote:
Sun Apr 07, 2024 11:12 pm

What do you make of kotp saying his FALSE report on you is significant?
Could be something mechanical that happened and he is an investigative role of some kind.

Could also be a mafia play.

if it is mafia then we have caught him and dip&war so that's two mafia down.
-Kill me then kill dip and kotp.
-kill dip, force mafia to NK me, kill kotp
-kill kotp, force mafia to nk me, kill dip

As soon as dip flips it validates me and kotp is screwed unless there is some mechanical stuff that happened. Haven't really read past this.
I DO think, however, IF you are actual a cop, that with your behaviour last day/night, it is quite possible you were target of the angel that changes the cop result. If kotp is truly a cop too, he could've gotten a flipped result. It's not a 'must be' thing, but, even when I said not to visit any of you or Fidelis, people said they were going to visit you, as far as I remember, so it's a plausible play.

Which means we should not forget that you can still be mafia, but hold of of voting for you, at least for the next one or two days, if you survive. Which is, I have to say, quite maddening to me, because if you truly are cop, you didn't have to need to behave that way and go full aggro and just gave us some of your thoughts. If you had just said before, who you think is town or mafia, participate in the sharing of info of your thoughts, you wouldn't be in this position to need to claim and could still have more scans. And it is not my fault for wanting more information about you, it is your fault for not projecting your alignment and causing such a disturbance.

I have to say, a part of me just wants mafia to get you out of the game now, because even if I have calmed down a bit, I'm still furious about the things you said and how you handled things. Yeah, I know you don't care, as you said , but be aware, if I ever get to be vig, you will be a prime target to me in the future.
Good vibes from Kak, and Dip can't complain that I quoted the whole post for a drive-by comment. Because he's dead!

snowy801

#3788 Post by snowy801 » Mon Apr 08, 2024 7:16 pm

What was up with that snip the quote thing anyway
I saw it a few times but didn't really parse it
Was it just him being angry at the long quotes?

snowy801

#3789 Post by snowy801 » Mon Apr 08, 2024 7:17 pm

Also we know for sure that ND was not in fact poisoned at this point, yes?

Chaqa
Bronze Donator
Bronze Donator

#3790 Post by Chaqa » Mon Apr 08, 2024 7:18 pm

snowy801 wrote:
Chaqa wrote:
Mon Apr 08, 2024 7:03 pm
snowy801 wrote:
Mon Apr 08, 2024 6:53 pm

So you believe that I am upset at you specifically for killing Dip among all the people who was end hammering or on the wagon, and this is because Dip is my teammate and I once again blame you for the Dip flip?

Be clear in your passive aggressive accusations please
I think it could be a couple different things. One of those is that your Balki’s teammate and you want to distract from your successful enable of his power by pushing me. The other is that you’re upset at yourself for fucking up by voting Balki and are projecting it onto me.

When it came time to hammer, it didn’t even cross my mind that I shouldn’t. It was discussed earlier, but that was earlier, and I wasn’t thinking about it at the time I hammered. I don’t think that should surprise anyone.
So you believe that one of these things can be true, yes?
1) I am Balki (MMA)'s angel teammate who off wagoned him to enable a kill
2) I am town who is angry at myself because of this "error" of voting for Balki and I'm just blindly lashing out at you because I do that all the time
You further claim that you knew that your end would be the hammer, but not aware that my vote was off wagon, yes?
It’s not so much that I knew or not, it’s more than I didn’t even think about it. I checked the bot, saw eight hammers, and then cast mine.

So, like I was kind of aware that you were off wagon, but it just didn’t cross my mind as important enough not to hammer. There was not an active thought of “ I should make sure snowy unvotes first”

DrFidelis

#3792 Post by DrFidelis » Mon Apr 08, 2024 7:20 pm

ghug wrote:
Mon Apr 08, 2024 7:11 pm
foodcoats wrote:
Mon Apr 08, 2024 4:57 pm
brainbomb wrote:
Mon Apr 08, 2024 4:43 pm
Nice! now we get fidelis next and remove one from the other team too
Fidelis is definitely a good kill.

What do you think, ghug? :evil:
Fidelis's odds of being scum have gotten even lower!
I am truly shocked and appalled that people think I’m scum. Just wait until you hear from my lawyers about this!
"I cannot think, I cannot fight. With patience, I will find my way."

(hmu if you ever need to find a willing person to be the next 20 questions QM)

ghug
Bronze Donator
Bronze Donator

#3793 Post by ghug » Mon Apr 08, 2024 7:20 pm

JustAGuyNamedWill wrote:
Mon Apr 08, 2024 7:07 pm
Er I think if food or ghug does flip scum the other is paired with them
Why?

ghug
Bronze Donator
Bronze Donator

#3794 Post by ghug » Mon Apr 08, 2024 7:22 pm

snowy801 wrote:
Mon Apr 08, 2024 7:14 pm
ghug wrote:
snowy801 wrote:
Why did Chaqa do this

That's not really what I wanted, I just wanted to play a day out instead of sitting on Dip like a bunch of lab rats

I didn't move off earlier because I didn't possibly imagine I would have a reason to. I was going to show up a bit before the 24 hour mark to hammer.
Well, I think it's probably fine. If he happens to be the one specific role where it's a problem, either he reveals himself or he risks ND getting another scan off.

snowy801

#3795 Post by snowy801 » Mon Apr 08, 2024 7:23 pm

ghug wrote:
Mon Apr 08, 2024 7:22 pm
snowy801 wrote:
Mon Apr 08, 2024 7:14 pm
ghug wrote:

Well, I think it's probably fine. If he happens to be the one specific role where it's a problem, either he reveals himself or he risks ND getting another scan off.
I imagine ND is either getting strongmanned or roleblocked
Probably the latter

JustAGuyNamedWill

#3796 Post by JustAGuyNamedWill » Mon Apr 08, 2024 7:24 pm

ghug wrote:
Mon Apr 08, 2024 7:20 pm
JustAGuyNamedWill wrote:
Why?
You two seem very defensive of one another

I still believe you are both town but if one of you flips mafia then the other done goofed

ghug
Bronze Donator
Bronze Donator

#3797 Post by ghug » Mon Apr 08, 2024 7:24 pm

Reading the Chaqa/Snowy argument:
1. Snowy is right that it was bad play from Chaqa.
2. Snowy is wrong that Chaqa wouldn't do this as town.
3. Snowy is probably right that Chaqa is scum.
4. Chaqa is right that snowy's reaction is over the top.
5. Chaqa is probably right that snowy is scum.

ghug
Bronze Donator
Bronze Donator

#3798 Post by ghug » Mon Apr 08, 2024 7:25 pm

JustAGuyNamedWill wrote:
Mon Apr 08, 2024 7:24 pm
ghug wrote:
JustAGuyNamedWill wrote:
Why?

I still believe you are both town but if one of you flips mafia then the other done goofed
Was this inspired by my townreading him for his recent behavior after scumreading him all game? Isn't that just what people do when they're trying to solve?

snowy801

#3799 Post by snowy801 » Mon Apr 08, 2024 7:26 pm

ghug wrote:
Reading the Chaqa/Snowy argument:
1. Snowy is right that it was bad play from Chaqa.
2. Snowy is wrong that Chaqa wouldn't do this as town.
3. Snowy is probably right that Chaqa is scum.
4. Chaqa is right that snowy's reaction is over the top.
5. Chaqa is probably right that snowy is scum.
What a funny game set up eh
Very interesting honestly

JustAGuyNamedWill

#3800 Post by JustAGuyNamedWill » Mon Apr 08, 2024 7:26 pm

ghug wrote:
Mon Apr 08, 2024 7:25 pm
JustAGuyNamedWill wrote:
ghug wrote:

Why?

Was this inspired by my townreading him for his recent behavior after scumreading him all game? Isn't that just what people do when they're trying to solve?
Hmm no but food seems very defensive of you and you are townreading him

I do believe you are town though