Cultafia Game Thread

If you have a game you want to play on the forum, you can do so here.
Forum rules
This is an area for forum games. Please note that to support mafia games players cannot edit their own posts in this forum. Off Topic threads will be relocated or deleted. Issues taking place in forum games should be dealt with by respective game GMs and escalated to the moderators only if absolutely necessary.
brainbomb

Re: Cultafia Game Thread

#141 Post by brainbomb » Tue Oct 02, 2018 3:54 pm

Rhk you are just picking posts and deeming them shade and giving us a score. Thats interesting. Would be nice to see what posts you think consist of 'shading'.

Squigs44
Developer
Developer

#142 Post by Squigs44 » Tue Oct 02, 2018 3:55 pm

DemonRHK wrote:
Tue Oct 02, 2018 3:50 pm
So I'm trying something new for this game. My reads are always bad. Like, historically bad. But I do ok with stats and numbers. So that's what I'm focusing on, for now, with something I'm referring to as Shade Score for now.

Bozo is currently the most shaded person (-5) and DrCJG the least (+1).
Jamie is by far the largest shader (-6), while no one has a positive.

The largest disparity is Brain/Jamie and Brain/bozo (difference of 4).

What does all this mean? So far...I have no fucking clue. But it's interesting to look at.

-----

As far as the game goes I don't have a ton of strong feelings. Cult plays inherently different than regular mafia and Day 1 is the most important day, but normally for reasons other than what has been mentioned (Although nabbing cult D1 would be amazing)

The problem with this is people are looking for links and partners when two sets exist, one of which we don't want to find.
Can you explain your shade thing some more and why you're spending time on it. How does it help us?

Squigs44
Developer
Developer

#143 Post by Squigs44 » Tue Oct 02, 2018 3:59 pm

ChippeRock is also giving me some scum vibes. When he was town he was constantly posting, like as much as BB. Now he has like one or two posts.

DemonRHK
Bronze Donator
Bronze Donator

#144 Post by DemonRHK » Tue Oct 02, 2018 3:59 pm

brainbomb wrote:
Tue Oct 02, 2018 3:54 pm
Rhk you are just picking posts and deeming them shade and giving us a score. Thats interesting. Would be nice to see what posts you think consist of 'shading'.
I am. While it's subjective, the important part is it's subjective to the same consistency. I'm trying to err to the side of caution so the scores don't get truly outrageous, but ofc votes, and significant cases/attacks are what I'm looking for.
Jamiet99uk wrote:
Tue Oct 02, 2018 8:44 am
Anybody else: Look at Yavuzovic posting that he thinks Brain is a mason, and tell me that's not a scummy thing to do.
Like this.

brainbomb

#145 Post by brainbomb » Tue Oct 02, 2018 4:00 pm

I realize im tunneling bozo and of course ive been wrong before on meta reads but if anyone is reading bozo as town help us out and say why

brainbomb

#146 Post by brainbomb » Tue Oct 02, 2018 4:02 pm

Squigs44 wrote:
Tue Oct 02, 2018 3:59 pm
ChippeRock is also giving me some scum vibes. When he was town he was constantly posting, like as much as BB. Now he has like one or two posts.
Too small a sample size. But valid point.

DemonRHK
Bronze Donator
Bronze Donator

#147 Post by DemonRHK » Tue Oct 02, 2018 4:05 pm

Squigs44 wrote:
Tue Oct 02, 2018 3:55 pm
Can you explain your shade thing some more and why you're spending time on it. How does it help us?
-It is a numeric count of attacking/defending other players based on my personal analysis of posts.
-It keeps me reading and somewhat engaged
-It might not help. To be honest I'm using this as a test run for M40, to see if it could be useful.

brainbomb

#148 Post by brainbomb » Tue Oct 02, 2018 4:06 pm

DemonRHK wrote:
Tue Oct 02, 2018 3:59 pm
brainbomb wrote:
Tue Oct 02, 2018 3:54 pm
I am. While it's subjective, the important part is it's subjective to the same consistency. I'm trying to err to the side of caution so the scores don't get truly outrageous, but ofc votes, and significant cases/attacks are what I'm looking for.
Jamiet99uk wrote:
Tue Oct 02, 2018 8:44 am
Anybody else: Look at Yavuzovic posting that he thinks Brain is a mason, and tell me that's not a scummy thing to do.
Like this.
I dont think thats shading. Hes saying calling me a mason is scummy. This is blatant. Shading is more underhanded. Like I subtly attack you for some townread you have.

Jamie is explaining his scumread here. I dont see how its shading. Its appealing to audience yea. But jamie does tend to be theatrical and sees the mafia stage as a showcase for his brilliance (what little he has)

See how I ended that paragraph? Thats shading. If I was going to imply no one should follow jamies reasoning because hes an idiot- thats shading for no reason.

You shouldnt disregard Jamie here. Yavuz is playing weirdly and alot like last game.

Sadly thats how yavuz just plays as all sides.

Now if I were to say yavuz is always worth lynching because his reads are awful so Jamie is justified---thatd be shading.

brainbomb

#149 Post by brainbomb » Tue Oct 02, 2018 4:08 pm

I cant quantify why someone is scum in my own words- and pander for support- and also be shading. Simply makes no sense.

brainbomb

#150 Post by brainbomb » Tue Oct 02, 2018 4:09 pm

Heres the weird thing. What youre doimg RHK is actual shading. Applying arbitrary scores to posts you subjectively consider shading without sharing in entirety what the posts even are.

Lol

brainbomb

#151 Post by brainbomb » Tue Oct 02, 2018 4:12 pm

It sounds like krellins scum notch system in alot of ways.

DemonRHK
Bronze Donator
Bronze Donator

#152 Post by DemonRHK » Tue Oct 02, 2018 4:13 pm

You're arguing against what I named it and not against process brain. You can call what I'm doing whatever you want. When I see someone going offensive against another player, or actively defending another player, that when I make a tally.

I'm attempting to just express what it looks like to me in the way I best know. It's the same thing you do with your normal chains of posts breaking down a person. I'm trying to find a way to help me find the scum/cult, because obviously based off last game my normal methods aren't cutting it.

DemonRHK
Bronze Donator
Bronze Donator

#153 Post by DemonRHK » Tue Oct 02, 2018 4:13 pm

brainbomb wrote:
Tue Oct 02, 2018 4:12 pm
It sounds like krellins scum notch system in alot of ways.
Exactly what it's based off of in it's inherent design. Just with less profanity.

brainbomb

#154 Post by brainbomb » Tue Oct 02, 2018 4:15 pm

Thats fine. Be prepared to be as transparent as possible if this system matters to you. I recommend having notes and references to specific posts. Just my thought.

Jamiet99uk

#155 Post by Jamiet99uk » Tue Oct 02, 2018 4:35 pm

I'm absolutely not "shading" Yavuzovic. I'm outright accusing him of being Cult and explaining why, quite clearly.

DemonRHK, are you implying I'm suspect as a result of that? What are you on about? You give scum notches to anyone who accuses someone else? What would you like us to do instead? All sit and hold hands and buy each other ice creams?

brainbomb

#156 Post by brainbomb » Tue Oct 02, 2018 4:35 pm

Posts 131, 133, 135 I feel fall under the category of shading.

Squiggs posts
Hey damo can you be useful like you were last game. Thanks.

I didn't realize his comment was worthy of talking about. What an I supposed to say, "I'm not scum"

Are you going to explain anything this game?

These are pretty haughty and presumptive. He appears to assume damo is town like last game, calls bozos scumread on him not worth talking about, and asks yavuz if hes gonna explain anything this game.

Not sure a single one of these questions would glean alignment.

Squiggs is scum.with bozo imo.

I see your point with Bozo. It's still pretty early in the game, so most people's posts are pretty crap, but I think you are right about the "participation trophy" thing. His posts look like he is trying to get town points rather than actually contribute. Out of everyone who has posted so far, he is most suspect.
%%Vote Bozo

"ChippeRock is also giving me some scum vibes. When he was town he was constantly posting, like as much as BB. Now he has like one or two posts."

This is a pretty easy thing to push since last game chippee was a pr who tried to hard and stressed out eventually destroying the game. Pretty easy punching bag.

Squiggs seems more perturbed so far than most people.

brainbomb

#157 Post by brainbomb » Tue Oct 02, 2018 4:38 pm

##Vote squiggs

Jamiet99uk

#158 Post by Jamiet99uk » Tue Oct 02, 2018 4:40 pm

I would vote in the pool of Yavuzovic / Squiggs / one of the lurkers, as it stands.

DemonRHK
Bronze Donator
Bronze Donator

#159 Post by DemonRHK » Tue Oct 02, 2018 4:40 pm

Jamiet99uk wrote:
Tue Oct 02, 2018 4:35 pm
I'm absolutely not "shading" Yavuzovic. I'm outright accusing him of being Cult and explaining why, quite clearly.

DemonRHK, are you implying I'm suspect as a result of that? What are you on about? You give scum notches to anyone who accuses someone else? What would you like us to do instead? All sit and hold hands and buy each other ice creams?
I'm not implying anything. I'm just gathering information. Is it strange you had a low net? No, you are historically suspicious of most everyone and question anything. Most people *should* be under zero in fact, it's a standard side effect of scumhunting. It means you've brought more posts that I saw as accusatory than anyone else. Shit, that might be MORE towny. I don't have results for what I'm doing yet, I'm just doing it.

Jamiet99uk

#160 Post by Jamiet99uk » Tue Oct 02, 2018 4:41 pm

DemonRHK wrote:
Tue Oct 02, 2018 4:40 pm
Jamiet99uk wrote:
Tue Oct 02, 2018 4:35 pm

I'm not implying anything. I'm just gathering information. Is it strange you had a low net? No, you are historically suspicious of most everyone and question anything. Most people *should* be under zero in fact, it's a standard side effect of scumhunting. It means you've brought more posts that I saw as accusatory than anyone else. Shit, that might be MORE towny. I don't have results for what I'm doing yet, I'm just doing it.
Why?