M1028: The Sweet Food Consensus - Game Thread

If you have a game you want to play on the forum, you can do so here.
Forum rules
This is an area for forum games. Please note that to support mafia games players cannot edit their own posts in this forum. Off Topic threads will be relocated or deleted. Issues taking place in forum games should be dealt with by respective game GMs and escalated to the moderators only if absolutely necessary.
brainbomb

Re: M1028: The Sweet Food Consensus - Game Thread

#201 Post by brainbomb » Thu Mar 07, 2024 10:15 pm

Diplomacy&Warfare wrote:
Thu Mar 07, 2024 8:01 pm
I am once again reminded of how generally insane mafia players on this forum are. 10 pages in ~20 hours.
Anyone know what's up with rdivera? Skimming the thread, I found no posts from them and the bot confirmed they have not posted.
ghug, what are you seeing regarding Kakarroto? They seem to be making a lot of jokes. Does that look like a mafia or town play to you?
Day 1 of a mafia game from M40-M80 was like 60-100 pages day 1, at least.
this is a smaller game, with less players, and very little to say setup wise. most of what is happening now is people arguing their beliefs about who the mafia is. none of this is filler. when someone gets accused they fight back, when someone says something crazy people ask questions. this is what content is.

as for your questions, it is super weird people are so fixated on rdrivera. for one thing he hasnt played in a few games but he is always a lurker and always shows up and his absences are never alignment indicative whatsoever.

kakarotto has made very few jokes. can you point me to some examples of his posts where he seems to be making alot of jokes?

Jamiet99uk

#202 Post by Jamiet99uk » Thu Mar 07, 2024 10:37 pm

brainbomb wrote:
Thu Mar 07, 2024 5:06 pm
Jamiet99uk wrote:
Thu Mar 07, 2024 3:40 pm

Or do you enjoy voting for town?
I actually do. because if something is gleaned it is gleaned for all, not just myself. Voting for town is inevitable as either alignment.
Just because it happens sometimes doesn't make it good.
Buzz buzz buzz buzz buzz.

DiplomacyandWarfare

#203 Post by DiplomacyandWarfare » Thu Mar 07, 2024 11:00 pm

brainbomb wrote:
Thu Mar 07, 2024 10:15 pm
Diplomacy&Warfare wrote:
I am once again reminded of how generally insane mafia players on this forum are. 10 pages in ~20 hours.
Anyone know what's up with rdivera? Skimming the thread, I found no posts from them and the bot confirmed they have not posted.
ghug, what are you seeing regarding Kakarroto? They seem to be making a lot of jokes. Does that look like a mafia or town play to you?
this is a smaller game, with less players, and very little to say setup wise. most of what is happening now is people arguing their beliefs about who the mafia is. none of this is filler. when someone gets accused they fight back, when someone says something crazy people ask questions. this is what content is.

as for your questions, it is super weird people are so fixated on rdrivera. for one thing he hasnt played in a few games but he is always a lurker and always shows up and his absences are never alignment indicative whatsoever.

kakarotto has made very few jokes. can you point me to some examples of his posts where he seems to be making alot of jokes?
The bus picture
"I think we should ask the real important question here. Like:

-) if we change the tomato sauce into ketchup, would a pizza become a sweet fruit pie?

-) is a cake filled and garnished with carrots a sweet dish?"
Okay, I suppose there's only two.
So, as far as I can tell, Jamiet said there were 7 people, brain said no, there's 9, and Jamiet concluded that brain is scum. Brain then proceeded to point out that Jamiet was misdirecting the reason for brain's questions and suspicion, Jamiet concluded that brain was scum, brain criticized jamiet's logic, jamiet argued about how brain was wrong and therefore scum, and will agreed with brain. Frankly the only thing someone has said that hasn't been contradicted by someone else is that Jamiet hates me. Speaking of which, Jamiet hates me because while everyone else joked around and made useless posts, I joked around and wrote useless posts (endvotes only go through if most of the players endvote the same result. No-kill isn't going to get 5 hammer votes) . Either Jamiet is a town who decided to argue with two people who I, frankly, townread, and also vote me, then campaign against me because I used no-vote as a placeholder so I didn't forget to vote and get modkilled, and endvoted as a joke, none of which which a skilled player like Jamiet is likely to do as town; OR jamiet is scum. Take your guess.
##VOTE JAMIET

JustAGuyNamedWill

#204 Post by JustAGuyNamedWill » Thu Mar 07, 2024 11:05 pm

Diplomacy&Warfare wrote:
Thu Mar 07, 2024 11:00 pm
brainbomb wrote:
Thu Mar 07, 2024 10:15 pm
Diplomacy&Warfare wrote:

The bus picture
"I think we should ask the real important question here. Like:

-) if we change the tomato sauce into ketchup, would a pizza become a sweet fruit pie?

-) is a cake filled and garnished with carrots a sweet dish?"
Okay, I suppose there's only two.
So, as far as I can tell, Jamiet said there were 7 people, brain said no, there's 9, and Jamiet concluded that brain is scum. Brain then proceeded to point out that Jamiet was misdirecting the reason for brain's questions and suspicion, Jamiet concluded that brain was scum, brain criticized jamiet's logic, jamiet argued about how brain was wrong and therefore scum, and will agreed with brain. Frankly the only thing someone has said that hasn't been contradicted by someone else is that Jamiet hates me. Speaking of which, Jamiet hates me because while everyone else joked around and made useless posts, I joked around and wrote useless posts (endvotes only go through if most of the players endvote the same result. No-kill isn't going to get 5 hammer votes) . Either Jamiet is a town who decided to argue with two people who I, frankly, townread, and also vote me, then campaign against me because I used no-vote as a placeholder so I didn't forget to vote and get modkilled, and endvoted as a joke, none of which which a skilled player like Jamiet is likely to do as town; OR jamiet is scum. Take your guess.
##VOTE JAMIET
IMG_0607.jpeg

Jamiet99uk

#205 Post by Jamiet99uk » Thu Mar 07, 2024 11:09 pm

Kakarroto wrote:
Thu Mar 07, 2024 5:25 pm
but from the whole dispute, I feel like jamie and will aren't mafia together, so if either flips that, the other should be clear. Looks more like t v t to me though. Then again, I've misread jamie early and was blinded, so maybe brain is just right here.

hmm, if jamie is mafia here, would maf brain do this gamble? a full buss this early?

what I'm confused at, how can brain put damo into town here? @brain please elaborate, I think that's much more in the ballpark of maf damo, trying to set up an early claim or being able to remove worcej from a 'possible PR' list. Or am I wrong here?
What reason do you have to suspect me at all?

Jamiet99uk

#206 Post by Jamiet99uk » Thu Mar 07, 2024 11:10 pm

JustAGuyNamedWill wrote:
Thu Mar 07, 2024 5:28 pm
Kakarroto wrote:
but from the whole dispute, I feel like jamie and will aren't mafia together, so if either flips that, the other should be clear. Looks more like t v t to me though. Then again, I've misread jamie early and was blinded, so maybe brain is just right here.

hmm, if jamie is mafia here, would maf brain do this gamble? a full buss this early?

what I'm confused at, how can brain put damo into town here? @brain please elaborate, I think that's much more in the ballpark of maf damo, trying to set up an early claim or being able to remove worcej from a 'possible PR' list. Or am I wrong here?
I think Jamie may be mafia
For what reason?

Jamiet99uk

#207 Post by Jamiet99uk » Thu Mar 07, 2024 11:12 pm

brainbomb wrote:
Thu Mar 07, 2024 5:52 pm
Aren't you normally much more wary, and cognizant of Jamie's slips, gaffes and failures to be consistent?

Why are you giving a free pass to that here?

this post is @ ghug
I did not slip, I did it on purpose, as I have stated.

JustAGuyNamedWill

#208 Post by JustAGuyNamedWill » Thu Mar 07, 2024 11:12 pm

Jamiet99uk wrote:
Thu Mar 07, 2024 11:10 pm
JustAGuyNamedWill wrote:
Thu Mar 07, 2024 5:28 pm
Kakarroto wrote:

I think Jamie may be mafia
For what reason?
“I have answered this as much as I am going to.

Anything else would just be repeating myself.

For further information please re-read my posts.”

Jamiet99uk

#209 Post by Jamiet99uk » Thu Mar 07, 2024 11:12 pm

JustAGuyNamedWill wrote:
Thu Mar 07, 2024 5:58 pm
##VOTE JAMIE
Because why?

JustAGuyNamedWill

#210 Post by JustAGuyNamedWill » Thu Mar 07, 2024 11:13 pm

Ghug also seems slighly off lol

DiplomacyandWarfare

#211 Post by DiplomacyandWarfare » Thu Mar 07, 2024 11:21 pm

JustAGuyNamedWill wrote:
Thu Mar 07, 2024 11:13 pm
Ghug does seem off but not enough to vote them out. Copscan?

JustAGuyNamedWill

#212 Post by JustAGuyNamedWill » Thu Mar 07, 2024 11:24 pm

Diplomacy&Warfare wrote:
Thu Mar 07, 2024 11:21 pm
JustAGuyNamedWill wrote:
Maybe. I still like you as a better candidate.

Jamiet99uk

#213 Post by Jamiet99uk » Thu Mar 07, 2024 11:25 pm

Kakarroto wrote:
Thu Mar 07, 2024 6:04 pm
@RD when you come around to reading the thread, I'd like your input about the jamie situation, and who do you currently think is the most likely mafia, please.
The "Jamie situation" has been created by Brainbomb and Will tunnelling on a single thing that I did.

I hardclaim Vanilla Town. You are all fucking stupid.

JustAGuyNamedWill

#214 Post by JustAGuyNamedWill » Thu Mar 07, 2024 11:26 pm

Diplomacy&Warfare wrote:
Thu Mar 07, 2024 11:21 pm
JustAGuyNamedWill wrote:
You know, reading this again with the knowledge that you were considered to be a copscan makes me suspicious of you.

Jamiet99uk

#215 Post by Jamiet99uk » Thu Mar 07, 2024 11:27 pm

ghug wrote:
Thu Mar 07, 2024 6:37 pm
brainbomb wrote:
Aren't you normally much more wary, and cognizant of Jamie's slips, gaffes and failures to be consistent?

this post is @ ghug
I don't think that's an accurate assessment of how I read Jamie. I think he's a good scum player who isn't especially prone to those sorts of mistakes. It's more tone, motive, and emotion that I look for to read Jamie.

I think he's more likely to be scum here than you or Will, but more because he provoked y'all with the seven thing and then was very level-headed in responding. My mind immediately jumped to the conclusion that he was being silly when he made the seven comment. I think y'all are making a mountain out of a molehill.
I did not make a FUCKING MISTAKE.

Jamiet99uk

#216 Post by Jamiet99uk » Thu Mar 07, 2024 11:28 pm

brainbomb wrote:
Thu Mar 07, 2024 6:51 pm
I think Jamie is scum here and D&W is probably town

they are not on a scumteam together, and very unlikely to both be town in my humble opine
I am town and your reason for scumreading me is stupid.

Jamiet99uk

#217 Post by Jamiet99uk » Thu Mar 07, 2024 11:29 pm

brainbomb wrote:
Thu Mar 07, 2024 7:14 pm
Jamiet99uk wrote:
Thu Mar 07, 2024 9:06 am
ghug wrote:
Thu Mar 07, 2024 1:04 am
##VOTE Will
Ghug, you silly old space cube.

Did you deliberately post this vote in an invalid format, or did you not realise?
Jamiet99uk wrote:
Thu Mar 07, 2024 9:08 am
I agree with Ghug that mech talk today is a suboptimal topic of conversation.

Who is giving good vibes? Who is giving bad vibes? Who is trying to fly under the radar? These sorts of things should be in our minds.
@Jamie, your first post above, asks ghug if he deliberately voted in an invalid format

one post later you ask about who is giving bad vibes, and trying to fly under the radar.

If you were sincerely curious about if ghug was using a invalid vote on will, would that fit the criteria of trying to fly under the radar? and would that also fulfil the bad vibes?

It seems like you gave this a pass without ghug even answering you
Fuck you. I am allowed to ask Ghug a question whilst also agreeing with something else he said.

There is no dichotomy here.

brainbomb

#218 Post by brainbomb » Thu Mar 07, 2024 11:31 pm

Jamiet99uk wrote:
Thu Mar 07, 2024 11:12 pm
brainbomb wrote:

this post is @ ghug
I did not slip, I did it on purpose, as I have stated.
Right and ghug believes you did it on purpose when you clearly did not. And I am asking ghug here why he buys your explanations. And he also answered this already.

Jamiet99uk

#219 Post by Jamiet99uk » Thu Mar 07, 2024 11:31 pm

brainbomb wrote:
Thu Mar 07, 2024 7:19 pm
wait, so someones vote is only official at end of day? so the rest of the time you would rule that in this scenario ghug has never officially voted will in this game?
Uh, this is a fair question from Brainbomb.

Jamiet99uk

#220 Post by Jamiet99uk » Thu Mar 07, 2024 11:31 pm

worcej wrote:
Thu Mar 07, 2024 7:50 pm
Apparently this started without me knowing.

I received numerous pings from GMs - take with that what you will.
It means you should be more attentive.