M1028: The Sweet Food Consensus - Game Thread

If you have a game you want to play on the forum, you can do so here.
Forum rules
This is an area for forum games. Please note that to support mafia games players cannot edit their own posts in this forum. Off Topic threads will be relocated or deleted. Issues taking place in forum games should be dealt with by respective game GMs and escalated to the moderators only if absolutely necessary.
ghug
Bronze Donator
Bronze Donator

Re: M1028: The Sweet Food Consensus - Game Thread

#181 Post by ghug » Thu Mar 07, 2024 7:16 pm

##VOTE rdr

Let's scare him when he shows up.

brainbomb

#182 Post by brainbomb » Thu Mar 07, 2024 7:17 pm

foodcoats wrote:
Thu Mar 07, 2024 7:14 pm
brainbomb wrote:
Thu Mar 07, 2024 7:08 pm
sweetandcool wrote:
Thu Mar 07, 2024 2:15 am
Official Vote Count 1.0

worcej (1) damo666
ghug (1) JustAGuyNamedWill
No Kill (1) Diplomacy&Warfare*

Currently, nobody is slated to be force fed sweet pastries.
45 hours left to vote.
This count account was wrong by the way.
Ghug had voted for Will, and the bot didnt pick this up.

also ghug vote is still not in the bot and unless the GM rules it is a valid vote ghugs vote was invalid.

@ghug are you going to correct this yourself or wait for a GM ruling.

##Call GM will you be using the bot for official votes or will votes for %%Vote Will) be counted also?
The bot is the arbiter of the vote count except at EOD. I would count ##VOTE Will as a vote for JustAGuyNamedWill if that was someone’s final vote of the day.
With this answer in mind, ghugs vote is valid then? and he has in fact been voting will since that first vote tally?

Can we get an updated one for the record in the bot I like to have official GM vote tallies for research for later and could be critically important for displaying just how many hours, and pages someone spent voting someone else.

brainbomb

#183 Post by brainbomb » Thu Mar 07, 2024 7:19 pm

wait, so someones vote is only official at end of day? so the rest of the time you would rule that in this scenario ghug has never officially voted will in this game?

brainbomb

#184 Post by brainbomb » Thu Mar 07, 2024 7:23 pm

okay. well I respect the ruling, and I know when i was GM in this same situation, same player, and kak in that game was unwilling to change his vote to be reflected in the bot it caused some huge drama and required me to refine my own consideration of what I feel is valid. I treat the bot as valid and it was my understanding that everyone, including Jamie and many others felt that ##Vote Will is a valid vote and its the bots fault. in which case the council sort of agreed its up to the gm but it felt like community consensus was that the bot is just a tool and the GM needs to have accurate tallies.

thats alot, and you hadnt been here for when this all happened. not a criticism of you foodie. just letting you know it left a sour taste in my mouth as a gm last year and caused many fights. and some disgusting comments implying I was lazy and not a good GM because I ruled the vote was not valid ect.

once again, VERY surprised jamie doesnt have a problem with ghugs vote being left off of the vote counts. or maybe he does but he just hasnt voiced such a disgust yet.

brainbomb

#185 Post by brainbomb » Thu Mar 07, 2024 7:28 pm

sweetandcool wrote:
Thu Mar 07, 2024 2:15 am
Official Vote Count 1.0

worcej (1) damo666
ghug (1) JustAGuyNamedWill
JustAGuyNamedWill (1) ghug
No Kill (1) Diplomacy&Warfare*

Currently, nobody is slated to be force fed sweet pastries.
45 hours left to vote.
(Will is shocked there is already a vote tally on p3)
sweetandcool wrote:
Thu Mar 07, 2024 6:23 pm
Official Vote Count 1.1

Jamiet99uk (3) brainbomb, Kakarroto, JustAGuyNamedWill
worcej (1) damo666
Diplomacy&Warfare (1) Jamiet99uk
JustAGuyNamedWill (1) ghug

Currently, Jamiet99uk is slated to be baked a cake decorated with UwU faces.

End of day is in 28.5 hours.

If will is scum with ghug, wills reactivity was he didnt like there being a vote tally showing the mafia bussing each other moments after it happened.

brainbomb

#186 Post by brainbomb » Thu Mar 07, 2024 7:31 pm

problem is. the vote tally didnt show ghugs vote. only wills vote.

so my logic fails.
I dont have a reason for why scum will would be reactive to a vote tally being posted where scum ghugs bus vote for him isnt on it.

so not w/w maybe? something else. maybe will is scum there with worc, or damo?

meh. needs alot of thinking, more signs of will being scum to ponder

brainbomb

#187 Post by brainbomb » Thu Mar 07, 2024 7:33 pm

someone needs to talk to me about these various theories. alot of data points there and they all go different directions.

worcej

#188 Post by worcej » Thu Mar 07, 2024 7:50 pm

Apparently this started without me knowing.

I received numerous pings from GMs - take with that what you will.

worcej

#189 Post by worcej » Thu Mar 07, 2024 7:52 pm

I am also business traveling today (Castlegar, BC - lovely area of Canada fwiw) and driving home this evening, so expect nothing from me

Diplomacy&Warfare

#190 Post by Diplomacy&Warfare » Thu Mar 07, 2024 8:01 pm

I am once again reminded of how generally insane mafia players on this forum are. 10 pages in ~20 hours.
Anyone know what's up with rdivera? Skimming the thread, I found no posts from them and the bot confirmed they have not posted.
ghug, what are you seeing regarding Kakarroto? They seem to be making a lot of jokes. Does that look like a mafia or town play to you?

sweetandcool

#191 Post by sweetandcool » Thu Mar 07, 2024 8:05 pm

brainbomb wrote:
Thu Mar 07, 2024 7:17 pm
foodcoats wrote:
Thu Mar 07, 2024 7:14 pm
brainbomb wrote:
Thu Mar 07, 2024 7:08 pm

This count account was wrong by the way.
Ghug had voted for Will, and the bot didnt pick this up.

also ghug vote is still not in the bot and unless the GM rules it is a valid vote ghugs vote was invalid.

@ghug are you going to correct this yourself or wait for a GM ruling.

##Call GM will you be using the bot for official votes or will votes for %%Vote Will) be counted also?
The bot is the arbiter of the vote count except at EOD. I would count ##VOTE Will as a vote for JustAGuyNamedWill if that was someone’s final vote of the day.
With this answer in mind, ghugs vote is valid then? and he has in fact been voting will since that first vote tally?

Can we get an updated one for the record in the bot I like to have official GM vote tallies for research for later and could be critically important for displaying just how many hours, and pages someone spent voting someone else.
There is a small chance I am mistaken, but I believe food meant:

1. Votes that happen at EoD that the bot doesn't catch but are submitted before the PLEASE HOLD post will be counted. Even an invalid vote would be considered valid, if the vote was "obvious" (e.g. voting for Will instead of Just).

2. Otherwise, only votes that the bot considers valid will be counted.

If this is confusing then the moral here is to just make sure your votes are valid.

ghug
Bronze Donator
Bronze Donator

#192 Post by ghug » Thu Mar 07, 2024 8:23 pm

brainbomb wrote:
Thu Mar 07, 2024 7:23 pm
okay. well I respect the ruling, and I know when i was GM in this same situation, same player, and kak in that game was unwilling to change his vote to be reflected in the bot it caused some huge drama and required me to refine my own consideration of what I feel is valid. I treat the bot as valid and it was my understanding that everyone, including Jamie and many others felt that ##Vote Will is a valid vote and its the bots fault. in which case the council sort of agreed its up to the gm but it felt like community consensus was that the bot is just a tool and the GM needs to have accurate tallies.

thats alot, and you hadnt been here for when this all happened. not a criticism of you foodie. just letting you know it left a sour taste in my mouth as a gm last year and caused many fights. and some disgusting comments implying I was lazy and not a good GM because I ruled the vote was not valid ect.

once again, VERY surprised jamie doesnt have a problem with ghugs vote being left off of the vote counts. or maybe he does but he just hasnt voiced such a disgust yet.
It's the GM's prerogative to decide whether the bot is the arbiter or not. I kind of prefer letting it be the final say, because then there's no ambiguity, but ultimately it's not a huge deal either way.

I think food is basically saying "I'll be more thorough at EoD but in the meantime the bot is adequate", which is fine. I've cast a valid vote now anyway.

ghug
Bronze Donator
Bronze Donator

#193 Post by ghug » Thu Mar 07, 2024 8:24 pm

worcej wrote:
Thu Mar 07, 2024 7:52 pm
I am also business traveling today (Castlegar, BC - lovely area of Canada fwiw) and driving home this evening, so expect nothing from me
Fuck Trail.

ghug
Bronze Donator
Bronze Donator

#194 Post by ghug » Thu Mar 07, 2024 8:26 pm

Diplomacy&Warfare wrote:
Thu Mar 07, 2024 8:01 pm
I am once again reminded of how generally insane mafia players on this forum are. 10 pages in ~20 hours.
Anyone know what's up with rdivera? Skimming the thread, I found no posts from them and the bot confirmed they have not posted.
ghug, what are you seeing regarding Kakarroto? They seem to be making a lot of jokes. Does that look like a mafia or town play to you?
The Kak thing is mostly a joke. He's plausibly Mafia but there's not much to go on yet.

I have vague townreads on brain and Will, but that's about it right now.

Kakarroto

#195 Post by Kakarroto » Thu Mar 07, 2024 8:46 pm

damo666 wrote:
Thu Mar 07, 2024 6:43 pm
I think Jamie is town here. I see nothing scummy.

I reckon there's at least one in D&W worcej and rdr.

Everyone else seems too towny. I can't have two misreads.

But I can have one so maybe Jamie is scum. Or ghug. Or Kak. Or Will. Or brain.
yeah, I'm sure there are two maf's in jamie/will/ghug/worcej/d&w/RD/damo/brain

Kakarroto

#196 Post by Kakarroto » Thu Mar 07, 2024 8:46 pm

brainbomb wrote:
Thu Mar 07, 2024 7:23 pm
[...]when i was GM in this same situation, same player, and kak in that game was unwilling to change his vote to be reflected in the bot [...]
just a little addition to this here; the vast time I had the vote, I was under the impression, that my vote was valid, and what the bot did say didn't matter in that case. I only noticed brains gm information shortly before the (shortened) end of day at the time, was acting at the time as if I wasn't there at all and kinda wanted people thinking that I missed it, not "knowing" that mafia did use their power.

When understood the situation that brain didn't view the vote as valid, it was minutes before the switch (was it 10, 15, 20 minutes? don't remember exactly anymore), and thought, "if I post now, I definitely will make people sus about me" and tried to convey my situation and perspective towards brain. I was agitated and under stress and believed myself in a position where brain was absolutely not moving from his view and me causing my team to fail by suddenly posting.

I never intended to make a non-valid vote, I never valued the bot so highly for rules, I got to knew brains GM ruling about it very late and I was emotional, a very bad mix. It didn't help the situation that at the time, I was thinking that brain interpreted my actions as malicious, which they were not, so I wasn't even in a pure emotional stance but had mixed emotions about it all.

Yes, I could've done better, yes, me changing it last minute might've not been the doom of my team as I feared. And yes, I definitely should've listened better to the GM. But I would like to add that the situation was hectic and I felt like a deer staring at a car's lights that were coming nearer fast and didn't really know what to do and felt like I had a choice between cholera and the plague. If that is even a saying in english.

But if I was aware of your ruling preference, I would've changed it after I've read sweets comment pretty early in the day. It was such a surprise to me that you saw it as you did. And I was wholly unprepared for the gm post that came closely before the shortened EoD, mentally and emotionally.

brainbomb

#197 Post by brainbomb » Thu Mar 07, 2024 8:55 pm

kak, there is no hard feelings on that. its long since passed. and I was wrong on just relying on the bot. its always risky to rely only on the bot.

were solid man. you good.

worcej

#198 Post by worcej » Thu Mar 07, 2024 8:55 pm

ghug wrote:
Thu Mar 07, 2024 8:24 pm
worcej wrote:
Fuck Trail.
Expand? Lol

brainbomb

#199 Post by brainbomb » Thu Mar 07, 2024 8:58 pm

also I think kak is in love with a short woman with black hair and blue eyes.

ghug
Bronze Donator
Bronze Donator

#200 Post by ghug » Thu Mar 07, 2024 9:31 pm

worcej wrote:
Thu Mar 07, 2024 8:55 pm
ghug wrote:
Thu Mar 07, 2024 8:24 pm
worcej wrote:
Fuck Trail.
Expand? Lol
That's just the way it is.