Mafia 86: Accidents Happen... - Game Thread

If you have a game you want to play on the forum, you can do so here.
Forum rules
This is an area for forum games. Please note that to support mafia games players cannot edit their own posts in this forum. Off Topic threads will be relocated or deleted. Issues taking place in forum games should be dealt with by respective game GMs and escalated to the moderators only if absolutely necessary.
ghug
Bronze Donator
Bronze Donator

Re: Mafia 86: Accidents Happen... - Game Thread

#1501 Post by ghug » Thu Feb 08, 2024 8:57 pm

Jamiet99uk wrote:
Thu Feb 08, 2024 8:27 pm
ghug wrote:
Thu Feb 08, 2024 8:00 pm
damo666 wrote:
Thu Feb 08, 2024 7:40 pm

(French) fries - the stupid thin things they serve with burgers/KFC type stuff

Chips - about 4 times the size of fries full of potato rather than air and less crisp, usually served with fish and in greasy spoon cafes with more or less anything

Crisps - stupid extremely thin potato products served in packets, overpriced, popular in pubs, known in strange places as "chips"

Hope that helps.

Btw the aforementioned SPUD u like is baked potato with various fillings. Do you have that kind of thing?
How do you feel about jojos and tater tots?
A tater tot is basically just a small, cylindrical hash brown. I find them a bit pointless.

What you call "jojos" I think we just call "potato wedges". They can be nice if done well.
Wedges are different. I'm learning that they're more regional than I thought and the Internet does a poor job of explaining. It's generally thicker and must be heavily battered.

Tots are great.

Vecna

#1502 Post by Vecna » Thu Feb 08, 2024 8:57 pm

An interesting take Jamiet.

I can understand the TMI/"this read was just too on point too quickly" reasoning at least.

Vecna

#1503 Post by Vecna » Thu Feb 08, 2024 8:59 pm

why does jamiet's avatar keep changing every 5 minutes.

its tilting

BunnyGo

#1504 Post by BunnyGo » Thu Feb 08, 2024 9:00 pm

Vecna wrote:
Thu Feb 08, 2024 8:45 pm
I really cant think of any possible scenario where you'd possibly think that statement being directed at a group that youre part of bunny.

Youve not been anywhere near this conversation :?
That’s true. I’m feeling left out. And not spamming the GT so…HI!
The moral of the boy who cried wolf? Never tell the same lie twice--Elim Garak

Take a minute of your day to be nice to someone, you dumb son of a bitch -- Iron Sheik

Jamiet99uk

#1505 Post by Jamiet99uk » Thu Feb 08, 2024 9:01 pm

Nils Holgersson wrote:
Mon May 28, 1973 8:32 am
Why does Jamiet's avatar keep changing every five minutes?

its tilting
I have learned to enjoy life in many ways. Changing my avatar every five minutes is one of the ways. It amuses me.
I like spaghetti

Vecna

#1506 Post by Vecna » Thu Feb 08, 2024 9:01 pm

What do you feel of Bozo's insistence to only focus on the potential bussers?

Jamiet99uk

#1507 Post by Jamiet99uk » Thu Feb 08, 2024 9:02 pm

Vecna wrote:
Thu Feb 08, 2024 8:57 pm
An interesting take Jamiet.

I can understand the TMI/"this read was just too on point too quickly" reasoning at least.
Ok, thank you. Does it make you reconsider your own view that Frogster's EoD1 makes him super-towny?
I like spaghetti

Jamiet99uk

#1508 Post by Jamiet99uk » Thu Feb 08, 2024 9:02 pm

Vecna wrote:
Thu Feb 08, 2024 9:01 pm
What do you feel of Bozo's insistence to only focus on the potential bussers?
It is a worthwhile line of enquiry, perhaps, but he does seem oddly obsessed with it.
I like spaghetti

Frogsterking

#1509 Post by Frogsterking » Thu Feb 08, 2024 9:03 pm

Who all got back to me so far?

bozotheclown

#1510 Post by bozotheclown » Thu Feb 08, 2024 9:04 pm

Vecna wrote:
Thu Feb 08, 2024 8:37 pm
Also, Bozo - I think its a pretty flawed and potentially scummy narrative to only focus on potential bussers.
I can see where it could look mafia motivated considering I did not vote for sweetandcool, but that is not an argument for me not to do it.

Here is my perspective on why those not voting for sweetandcool might be mafia, other than the obvious reason of not voting to DKing a mafia teammate:

brainbomb: Tried to protect sweetandcool, and moved off of foodcoats as soon as I put foodcoats in the lead, so possibly bussing foodcoats.

foodcoats: Tried to protect sweetandcool, more obviously than scum would normally do to protect teammates, but that's what makes it a good scum play.

Hamilton: Low level defense of sweetandcool at EOD.

heart: He always votes as town.

Jamie: Hard to believe he did not understand my comment on Vecna.

I am not sure I suspect any of them more than the possible bussers.

Vecna

#1511 Post by Vecna » Thu Feb 08, 2024 9:05 pm

Ive been under the assumption that he just had a strong gutread on the slot.

The slot hasnt really struck me as the type that gives in-depth reasoning for the stuff they do beyond "this is how i feel in my gut, lets fucking GO".

Its really hard to distinguish between that and the potentially insane plan to bus your GF superhard in a game with a cop and a doctor. Unless scum get super-lucky theyre close to auto-loss

dargorygel
Site Moderator
Site Moderator

#1512 Post by dargorygel » Thu Feb 08, 2024 9:07 pm

I started writing this a couple of pages ago... things might have happened regarding my 'thoughts.' Here was my post as written:
- -= -==- ===
Couple of specific comments: As stated (and I see in a more thorough read, that others ALSO saw) bozo was joking… although NOT in a complete yucky-yuck-random-hitchikers guide sort of way… but still being funny. However, he has not reacted to the ‘humorous’ explanations made by three of us (at least. I find that odd. Maybe not AI… he seemed to get serious-er at night.

Odd that guhghug says so much but means so little.

Potential oddity about froggy that bunny pointed out in post 37. Frog’s question seems perhaps like filler. Not sure what I think about Frog. Bad feeeelings, though.

Brain would likely sub out or be tense as scum with his RL stuff going on. This seems like brain using us as a distraction. Silly stuff, yes… but some thoughtfulness and the beginnings of tinfoil hats forming. Go brain!!!!

Jamie feels like town to me. Misses some humor due to focus and suspicion… but not defensive.

At first I did not like bunny’s GT posting. I even started to NOT read it, because who has time for drivel? But I had to go back and re-read. It does take a lot of work to glean his points. But I lean towards liking it.

Bunny was criticized for being reasonable and honest about evidence that someone claimed vindicated him from scum suspicion. (I couldn’t find it when I was writing this. If needed, later I will find it and quote it.) I actually LIKE this about Bunny’s postings. Not sure it is AI… but it is not Scum Indicative.

But Bunny and Sweet in D1 felt like scum theater.

Nice catch of GF.

I agree with ‘someone’ that no scum were on the vote for most of the day. Who would long term the GF? But at the end... some jumpers might. But only if they were protecting another scum, one that they liked more? Or one that they thought had better defenses? Ghug’s back and forth sus. But that means we can keep in mind these folk who never voted for sweet:
Bozo, who never moved at all.
Brain, who hopped a lot but never on sweet.
Bunny, who hopped a lot but never on sweet.
Food, who hopped some, but never on swe
Hamilton, who never moved at all
Heart (now me,) who never voted
Jamie, who hopped a little, but never on swe

A few who only joined swe’s wagon at the end, during the EoD kafuffle: ghug, damo, chaqa, vecna,

My town to scum list (after basically one and a half read-throughs… but that is not unusual for me, anyway). Happy to talk through any of these if I live through the night.

Darg
Brain
Jamie
Vecna
damo
food
Chaqa
Bozo
Will
Frog
Bunny
Ham
ghug

Vecna

#1513 Post by Vecna » Thu Feb 08, 2024 9:07 pm

Also, its very difficult, because the slot would be super contrived if we were to take your stance as possible.

Still hard-obv town, in all but the most obscene scenario's where he woke up with a rediculous plan and just went all in.

Frogsterking

#1514 Post by Frogsterking » Thu Feb 08, 2024 9:08 pm

Jamiet99uk wrote:
Thu Feb 08, 2024 8:50 pm

Nowhere, in any of this, does Frogster give a reason for scumreading Sweetandcool. He just magically does. Apparently Sweet is so easy for Frogster to read that he suspects him from Page 1 without ever giving a reason why.
That's a town tell; I'm on the good side of reads vs reasons, I'm thinking about my reads and verbalizing what I want to happen rather than the other way around. If you don't look for that then you should start doing so, you will find more scum and have more fun.

dargorygel
Site Moderator
Site Moderator

#1515 Post by dargorygel » Thu Feb 08, 2024 9:08 pm

Frogsterking wrote:
Thu Feb 08, 2024 8:04 pm
I'm assuming night ends at 6 pm EST, correct me if I'm wrong please. I'm at work and I've been thinking about the game.

@darg (heart replacement)
@hamilton brian

#1 What do you know about the bussers on the sweet wagon?
#2 Is it possible sweet spewed anything of interest on your respective slots?
#3 Is there anything else you need to tell me about your D1 play?
I posted some stuff, which might answer your questions... but i will specifically answer you.
1) I EXPECT no one bussed during most of the day. The vote hoppers at the end of the day might be up to something, but it is more likely that folk hop to defend a wagon than kill a teammate. Unless there is some political/personal stuff going on... personal dislike, perhaps. So overall, I do not expect scum to have been bussing.
2) I have not read sweet in that light. Barely caught up reading the first time. But I appreciate that idea. While I noted YOUR discussion with heart, I do not recall sweet pushing anything.
3) While it is 'outside game' and i dislike appealing to that, I know that heart had RL issues going on. Thus my substituting in unexpectedly (for me). However, his posts were not focussed. And long absences. Not really AI for heart, though, with only one day to consider.

Vecna

#1516 Post by Vecna » Thu Feb 08, 2024 9:10 pm

bozotheclown wrote:
Thu Feb 08, 2024 9:04 pm
Vecna wrote:
Also, Bozo - I think its a pretty flawed and potentially scummy narrative to only focus on potential bussers.
I can see where it could look mafia motivated considering I did not vote for sweetandcool, but that is not an argument for me not to do it.

Here is my perspective on why those not voting for sweetandcool might be mafia, other than the obvious reason of not voting to DKing a mafia teammate:

brainbomb: Tried to protect sweetandcool, and moved off of foodcoats as soon as I put foodcoats in the lead, so possibly bussing foodcoats.

foodcoats: Tried to protect sweetandcool, more obviously than scum would normally do to protect teammates, but that's what makes it a good scum play.

Its easy to come up with reasons why people could have acted the way they did.

Its about figuring out which is the actual thing that happened.

I know we generally clash every game (and its sort of a big ass distraction to me right now) - but I think it would benefit us both if you accept my answers at face value for now and believe me.

Frogsterking

#1517 Post by Frogsterking » Thu Feb 08, 2024 9:11 pm

@ghug
@foodcoats
@hamilton brian

Are your responses incoming? I'm on my break at work.

ghug
Bronze Donator
Bronze Donator

#1518 Post by ghug » Thu Feb 08, 2024 9:13 pm

Frogsterking wrote:
Thu Feb 08, 2024 8:56 pm
@foodcoats
@ghug

#1 what haven't you shared yet about your D1 relationship to any of the Sweet wagoners?
#2 how did the formation of the sweet wagon affect your reads EoD1?
#3 Is there anything I should ask you that I'm missing?
#1 Nothing? I think at one point I was a little bit cautious to vote for Bunny because his wagon was two scumreads (sweet and food) if that counts.
#2 damo looks better than he did, but I still don't love him. The Will and Frog votes make sense and look good (though I find Jamie's recent analysis of you worth thinking about). Bunny's vote looks like pretty standard self-pres, though the fact that he didn't choose damo should continue to be a consideration. None of the other votes really matter.
#3 "Why do you hate contrived, open-ended questions?"

Why lump food and me together?

Jamiet99uk

#1519 Post by Jamiet99uk » Thu Feb 08, 2024 9:14 pm

Frogsterking wrote:
Thu Feb 08, 2024 9:03 pm
Who all got back to me so far?
I have addressed you extensively and am interested to read your response.
I like spaghetti

ghug
Bronze Donator
Bronze Donator

#1520 Post by ghug » Thu Feb 08, 2024 9:15 pm

bozotheclown wrote:
Thu Feb 08, 2024 9:04 pm
Vecna wrote:

Maybe bozo is just scum.