MAfIA 84 - A VERY TENDER THANKSGIVING GAME THREAD

If you have a game you want to play on the forum, you can do so here.
Forum rules
This is an area for forum games. Please note that to support mafia games players cannot edit their own posts in this forum. Off Topic threads will be relocated or deleted. Issues taking place in forum games should be dealt with by respective game GMs and escalated to the moderators only if absolutely necessary.
BunnyGo

Re: MAfIA 84 - A VERY TENDER THANKSGIVING GAME THREAD

#1561 Post by BunnyGo » Sun Nov 26, 2023 12:04 am

ghug wrote:
Sun Nov 26, 2023 12:03 am
BunnyGo wrote:
Sat Nov 25, 2023 11:56 pm
ghug wrote:
Sat Nov 25, 2023 11:54 pm

Back in the M[single digit] days, you could basically catch scum by just sitting around and seeing who was a little too passionate and upset right before townie daykills.
I’m not following your statement nor your point
Then why did you +1 me?

Scum who know a townie is about to flip often get a little too excited to blame the people responsible before the flip has actually happened.
I contain multitudes
The moral of the boy who cried wolf? Never tell the same lie twice--Elim Garak

Take a minute of your day to be nice to someone, you dumb son of a bitch -- Iron Sheik

Chaqa
Bronze Donator
Bronze Donator

#1562 Post by Chaqa » Sun Nov 26, 2023 12:31 am

D&D ran late and then by the time we got home it was after EOD.

No real comment on EOD or Hamilton's flip.

Chaqa
Bronze Donator
Bronze Donator

#1563 Post by Chaqa » Sun Nov 26, 2023 12:32 am

I don't mind being Vig fodder btw

worcej

#1564 Post by worcej » Sun Nov 26, 2023 1:12 am

Missed phase change due to college football.

Rough to see HB was the flip, but I didn’t have a strong read or defense of him - I just didn’t like the 3 votes on him last I saw.

BunnyGo

#1565 Post by BunnyGo » Sun Nov 26, 2023 2:47 am

worcej wrote:
Sun Nov 26, 2023 1:12 am
Missed phase change due to college football.

Rough to see HB was the flip, but I didn’t have a strong read or defense of him - I just didn’t like the 3 votes on him last I saw.
hate this post

Take a minute of your day to be nice to someone, you dumb son of a bitch -- Iron Sheik

damo666

#1566 Post by damo666 » Sun Nov 26, 2023 9:44 am

ghug wrote:
Sun Nov 26, 2023 12:03 am
Jamiet99uk wrote:
Sat Nov 25, 2023 11:58 pm
bozotheclown wrote:
Sat Nov 25, 2023 11:31 pm

damo voting for Temasek when he did was the opposite of what he was previously advocating.
How is Damo voting for Temasek the opposite of picking one of Temasek and HB...?
He said we should pick to avoid a tie, didn't pick himself, and then voted for the losing wagon to make a tie more plausible closer to EoD.
It was a complicated EOD with neither Tem nor Ham voting each other. My vote for Them was baiting a trap (see my response to Bozo - "To see"). I wasn't particularly bothered who went as long as it was an off-sweeter. I was monitoring and ready to shift if a tie looked likely.

I haven't done a VCA yet but the immediate thing that strikes me is how many were not around EOD.

The relative EOD apathy could indicate TvT.

Maybe it's something like Bunny Macca rdr. Or swap one for ghug/Jamie/Will .

rdrivera2005
Gold Donator
Gold Donator

#1567 Post by rdrivera2005 » Sun Nov 26, 2023 11:03 am

ghug wrote:
Sat Nov 25, 2023 11:50 pm
rdrivera2005 wrote:
Sat Nov 25, 2023 10:59 pm
If Ham flips town I will push Bona to the helll if I am alive tomorrow.
Although this is also kind of sus.
Why sus? Bona managed to convince a new player to change his vote on something he knows it's rigged. It's just the opposite of what I think is a fair play (not against the rules I know). I fail to see how a town player will resort to that, but maybe I am old too old-fashioned. Anyway, I will vote Bona tomorrow unless him and his partners decide to kill me tonight.

BunnyGo

#1568 Post by BunnyGo » Sun Nov 26, 2023 1:19 pm

I’m reading my signature and thinking bona is telling the same lie twice.

If I die tonight: kill damo and bona.

BunnyGo

#1569 Post by BunnyGo » Sun Nov 26, 2023 1:21 pm

I do agree with damo that the energy was weird. Almost TvT. Or S v apathetic T

Jamiet99uk

#1570 Post by Jamiet99uk » Sun Nov 26, 2023 2:12 pm

Chaqa wrote:
Sun Nov 26, 2023 12:32 am
I don't mind being Vig fodder btw
Interesting bluff?
This is my potato. There are many like it, but this one is mine. My potato is my best friend. It is my life. I must master it as I must master my life. Without me, my potato is useless. Without my potato, I am useless.

Jamiet99uk

#1571 Post by Jamiet99uk » Sun Nov 26, 2023 3:25 pm

So let us examine Hamilton's wagoneers.

I purport that I had a unique reason to vote for Hamilton. He tried to get a wagon going on me for spurious reasons that he repeatedly refused to explain properly. When pressed hard, by me, over the course of multiple posts, he eventually quoted two posts, neither of which, from my perspective, contained any relevant evidence.

But why did others vote him?

BunnyGo was the first person to vote for Hamilton (page 49). He did not explain why in his vote post, but the night before he had said the following:
BunnyGo wrote:
Wed Nov 22, 2023 5:19 pm
Biggest POE: Tem, rdr, HamB, Chaqa

So did a bit of a dive on their ISOs:

Tem responded with a vote on sweet for voting on Bona. This feels unlike what I'd expect from scum!Tem in that situation.

Chaqa opened by scumming sweet, and then saying "why not both sweet AND ND being scum?" on page 8.

HamB and rdr looked pretty scummy on votes and posts. rdr is always hard to read. HamB...when he looks scummy...he is usually scum.

Would like wagons (in order of how likely I think they're scum) of

HamB, rdr(?), Just, Macca(?) tomorrow.
More coming.
This is my potato. There are many like it, but this one is mine. My potato is my best friend. It is my life. I must master it as I must master my life. Without me, my potato is useless. Without my potato, I am useless.

Jamiet99uk

#1572 Post by Jamiet99uk » Sun Nov 26, 2023 3:27 pm

After me, Ghug was the next person on D2 to vote for Hamilton. He moved from Temasek onto Hamilton in response to Hamilton asking me a question about my D1 vote for Temasek.

Noting that Ghug did later move, and ended up on Temasek.

Ghug's Hamilton vote there does not make much sense. Ghug, could you comment please?

Jamiet99uk

#1573 Post by Jamiet99uk » Sun Nov 26, 2023 3:30 pm

Temasek was the fourth overall person to vote for Hamilton at any point on D2.

His reason was that Sweetandcool voted for Hamilton D1, and Sweetandcool is, in Temasek's view, the sort of person who would bus a team-mate. Temasek also thought that Sweet's move off Hamilton during D1 (onto Bona) was suspect.

Okay.

Jamiet99uk

#1574 Post by Jamiet99uk » Sun Nov 26, 2023 3:34 pm

The next person after Temasek to register a vote for Hamilton Brian was JustAGuyNamedWill. He said this was "just based on quick reads" and he felt that Hamilton seemed "panicked" and "desperate".

This strikes me as very odd, as I see nothing in Hamilton's posts at that time (page 62) that suggest desperation or panic.

JustWill unvoted briefly but then stayed on Hamilton until the end.

Jamiet99uk

#1575 Post by Jamiet99uk » Sun Nov 26, 2023 3:35 pm

Hamilton's wagon sat on two votes (me and JustWill) for a long time, until Chaqa placed a vote on him with 06:59 to go.

Chaqa did not provide any reason for his vote.

Jamiet99uk

#1576 Post by Jamiet99uk » Sun Nov 26, 2023 3:38 pm

BunnyGo quickly followed Chaqa *back* onto Hamilton, moving his vote off Damo. BunnyGo gave the reason that Hamilton's page 70 reads list looked "completely made up".

Jamiet99uk

#1577 Post by Jamiet99uk » Sun Nov 26, 2023 3:46 pm

Nothing more happened until 14 minutes from EoD, when Bona moved from BunnyGo to Hamilton to make Hamilton the lead wagon. Bona's vote post did not give a specific reason, but over the preceding pages, Bona had challenged Hamilton over his inconsistent read on Macca, and accused Hamilton of not making any sense in his p.73 post about how many Mafia Hamilton thought were on his wagon.

Those are reasons, possibly, okay, BUT...

The thing that pings me is this post:
Bonatogether wrote:
Sat Nov 25, 2023 10:45 pm
Hamilton Brian wrote:
Sat Nov 25, 2023 10:44 pm
Because I'll vote for the one wagon that's close to going and is more mafia than tem...

##Vote BunnyGo
wat
So here is Bona expressing surprise / confusion at Hamilton voting for BunnyGo, who was also the person Bona was voting at that moment.

At that moment it was Temasek (4) / Hamilton (4) / BunnyGo (3). So Hamilton was correct that BunnyGo was a viable wagon.

One minute later, Bona moved from Bunny to Hamilton, making it Hamilton (5) / Temasek (4) / BunnyGo (2)

This looks quite suspect.

Bona, please can you explain why, if you scumread BunnyGo at that moment in time, you seemed alarmed at Hamilton giving more traction to Bunny's wagon??

Jamiet99uk

#1578 Post by Jamiet99uk » Sun Nov 26, 2023 3:49 pm

Bozotheclown was the penultimate Hamilton voter, moving from Temasek. Bozo stated that he thought Hamilton's play was consistent with a previous recent scum game appearance by Hamilton.

(I have checked, and Hamilton was scum in the game Bozo referenced).

Jamiet99uk

#1579 Post by Jamiet99uk » Sun Nov 26, 2023 3:51 pm

Heartthrob24909 was the final voter onto Hamilton, again moving from Temasek. He did not give any reason for his vote and said "whatever".

Jamiet99uk

#1580 Post by Jamiet99uk » Sun Nov 26, 2023 3:55 pm

My analysis:

People who clearly expressed a reason (or reasons) for voting Hamilton, and whose reason(s), at face value, made some sense, are as follows:

Jamiet99uk
BunnyGo
Temasek22
Bozo

People whose reason for voting Hamilton was unclear, or was not stated at all:

Ghug
JustAGuyNamedWill
Chaqa
Heartthrob

A person who did state a reason for voting Hamilton, but whose vote move looks extremely suspect:

Bonatogether.

Further notes:

(1) Of the 7 people who ended up on Hamilton at EoD:

Myself, Bunny, and JustWill, had voted Hamilton in the first 24 hours.
Chaqa, Bonatogether, Bozo and Heartthrob only voted Hamilton towards the end of the day.

(2) Only Ghug and Temasek voted Hamilton early, and then moved away, not to return to the wagon.

(3) Only Damo, Macca, Rdr and Worcej did not vote for Hamilton at all in D2.