MAfIA 84 - A VERY TENDER THANKSGIVING GAME THREAD

If you have a game you want to play on the forum, you can do so here.
Forum rules
This is an area for forum games. Please note that to support mafia games players cannot edit their own posts in this forum. Off Topic threads will be relocated or deleted. Issues taking place in forum games should be dealt with by respective game GMs and escalated to the moderators only if absolutely necessary.
JustAGuyNamedWill

Re: MAfIA 84 - A VERY TENDER THANKSGIVING GAME THREAD

#1001 Post by JustAGuyNamedWill » Thu Nov 23, 2023 1:46 am

BunnyGo wrote:
Thu Nov 23, 2023 1:37 am
ghug wrote:
Thu Nov 23, 2023 1:33 am
JustAGuyNamedWill wrote:
Thu Nov 23, 2023 1:19 am

Spirit said that if I was going to be miskill end late in the game, he’d rather not have that and he preferred if I died early. I think the mafia killed spirit just so they could say “Oh yeah Will was a target of Spirit” then kill me
Nobody's pointing to Spirit's read but you. Worcej and I both expressed suspicion of you and sweet pretty early on yesterday. You said yourself that you'd be suspicious if sweet flipped scum. Why do you think this is all coming out of Spirit's death?
Just is only capable of thinking as the center of everything.

I'm starting to understand him.

He's a college student who literally doesn't know what a team is. But that's because everything literally revolves around him. So Spirit dying MUST have something to do with him! And you voting him confirms that somehow.

When I go back and reread his posts with the above in mind, they make a lot more sense.
I think thug’s suspicion has something to do with spirit flipping. I am giving a possible scenario that would make sense

BunnyGo

#1002 Post by BunnyGo » Thu Nov 23, 2023 1:46 am

JustAGuyNamedWill wrote:
Thu Nov 23, 2023 1:42 am
BunnyGo wrote:
Thu Nov 23, 2023 1:23 am
JustAGuyNamedWill wrote:

Spirit said that if I was going to be miskill end late in the game, he’d rather not have that and he preferred if I died early. I think the mafia killed spirit just so they could say “Oh yeah Will was a target of Spirit” then kill me
OK...

Whom do you think (I won't hold you to it) a possible 3 remaining scum team is?
No matter how I answer this is going to get me hella suspicions.

The 4 are probably:
Sweet
Ghug because he has no goddamn clue why I am scum, only that I am. Feeling is not enough to warrant a vote.
Other two I have no idea. Is two of: Jamie, Worcej, Heartthrob, Bunny, or taotao
OK, so picking from your list for you: ghug and worcej and Bunny are all sitting around in the scum chat last night.

And how do they start their conversation?

What are they first talking about?
The moral of the boy who cried wolf? Never tell the same lie twice--Elim Garak

Take a minute of your day to be nice to someone, you dumb son of a bitch -- Iron Sheik

JustAGuyNamedWill

#1003 Post by JustAGuyNamedWill » Thu Nov 23, 2023 1:48 am

BunnyGo wrote:
ghug wrote:
JustAGuyNamedWill wrote:

Nobody's pointing to Spirit's read but you. Worcej and I both expressed suspicion of you and sweet pretty early on yesterday. You said yourself that you'd be suspicious if sweet flipped scum. Why do you think this is all coming out of Spirit's death?

He's a college student who literally doesn't know what a team is. But that's because everything literally revolves around him. So Spirit dying MUST have something to do with him! And you voting him confirms that somehow.

When I go back and reread his posts with the above in mind, they make a lot more sense.
What does being in college have anything to do with anything? This feels like an attack on my character. The kill clearly had some motivation. Excuse me for trying to find it out. Ghug said that the comment heartthrob made was indeed suspicious. I’m the same post he voted me. That would make anyone think the two have some sort of correlation

JustAGuyNamedWill

#1004 Post by JustAGuyNamedWill » Thu Nov 23, 2023 1:50 am

BunnyGo wrote:
Thu Nov 23, 2023 1:46 am
JustAGuyNamedWill wrote:
BunnyGo wrote:
Thu Nov 23, 2023 1:23 am

OK...

Whom do you think (I won't hold you to it) a possible 3 remaining scum team is?

The 4 are probably:
Sweet
Ghug because he has no goddamn clue why I am scum, only that I am. Feeling is not enough to warrant a vote.
Other two I have no idea. Is two of: Jamie, Worcej, Heartthrob, Bunny, or taotao
OK, so picking from your list for you: ghug and worcej and Bunny are all sitting around in the scum chat last night.

Man, I don’t know. Kill spirit I suppose they said.

We can kill spirit and watch as everyone freaks out and overanalyzes the post he made early on

JustAGuyNamedWill

#1005 Post by JustAGuyNamedWill » Thu Nov 23, 2023 1:54 am

BunnyGo wrote:
ghug wrote:
JustAGuyNamedWill wrote:

You base this on my preference of board games and video games. Why do think I’m on this website? I like strategy games.

##VOTE BUNNY

Pulling shit out your ass for no reason.

BunnyGo

#1006 Post by BunnyGo » Thu Nov 23, 2023 1:57 am

JustAGuyNamedWill wrote:
Thu Nov 23, 2023 1:48 am
BunnyGo wrote:
ghug wrote:

What does being in college have anything to do with anything? This feels like an attack on my character. The kill clearly had some motivation. Excuse me for trying to find it out. Ghug said that the comment heartthrob made was indeed suspicious. I’m the same post he voted me. That would make anyone think the two have some sort of correlation
Nothing wrong with being a college student. Many of us playing here are or were at some point.

I'm impressed that's the part that feels like an attack on your character.

Because the interesting part is how much rereading all your posts you focus on you. And that's fine.

My other line of questioning with you is to see how you do getting in other people's minds. I'm honestly curious about it.

Take a minute of your day to be nice to someone, you dumb son of a bitch -- Iron Sheik

JustAGuyNamedWill

#1007 Post by JustAGuyNamedWill » Thu Nov 23, 2023 2:00 am

BunnyGo wrote:
Thu Nov 23, 2023 1:57 am
JustAGuyNamedWill wrote:
BunnyGo wrote:

Nothing wrong with being a college student. Many of us playing here are or were at some point.

Because the interesting part is how much rereading all your posts you focus on you. And that's fine.

My other line of questioning with you is to see how you do getting in other people's minds. I'm honestly curious about it.
I meant the self centeredness

What do you mean I get into other peoples minds? Where’d you get that from?

BunnyGo

#1008 Post by BunnyGo » Thu Nov 23, 2023 2:05 am

JustAGuyNamedWill wrote:
Thu Nov 23, 2023 1:50 am
BunnyGo wrote:
Thu Nov 23, 2023 1:46 am
JustAGuyNamedWill wrote:

The 4 are probably:
Sweet

Man, I don’t know. Kill spirit I suppose they said.

We can kill spirit and watch as everyone freaks out and overanalyzes the post he made early on
See, I'd have expected them to start with:

"Well...that su**ed. I thought for sure we could get one of the other wagons. But at least worcej had a solid bus, and sweet didn't lead back to any of us."

"Ok, anybody have thoughts on who to kill? Any PR thoughts? What are we doing with the powers this game?"

Something like that.

And when the finally get around to

"Who should we kill? And should we RB someone else, or RB the victim?"They'd have a few options with reasons that are probably focused on things that they care about.

The above is true for almost any of the players here. I'd add slightly different flavor for different players; all the people I've played with behave differently in scum chat. But the flow is similar.

So, trying to get in people's heads to see if it makes sense how they'd think in that situation.

BunnyGo

#1009 Post by BunnyGo » Thu Nov 23, 2023 2:06 am

JustAGuyNamedWill wrote:
Thu Nov 23, 2023 1:54 am
BunnyGo wrote:
ghug wrote:

You base this on my preference of board games and video games. Why do think I’m on this website? I like strategy games.

##VOTE BUNNY

Pulling shit out your ass for no reason.
You like strategy games. Most of us do.

But this is a team game. And I've been trying to understand how you play with others.

The answer has been...interesting. Depressing, but interesting.

BunnyGo

#1010 Post by BunnyGo » Thu Nov 23, 2023 2:08 am

JustAGuyNamedWill wrote:
Thu Nov 23, 2023 2:00 am
BunnyGo wrote:
Thu Nov 23, 2023 1:57 am
JustAGuyNamedWill wrote:

I meant the self centeredness

What do you mean I get into other peoples minds? Where’d you get that from?
That's the other thing...you don't seem to write what you mean a lot.

Bringing this back, I honestly don't know what you meant by the following:

"would only bus more than one of their own"
JustAGuyNamedWill wrote:
bozotheclown wrote:
Thu Nov 23, 2023 12:46 am
If Just is mafia, that would mean 12 players ended D1 voting for mafia. Even if all of the mafia were bussing, that does not seem particularly likely.
Do you really think afia would only bus more than one of their own? Seems way too risky with no communication. Heck, I think all the mafia may have ended up on sweet at some point, but so believe at least one had to have been on me or Macca
Can you help me with that one?

BunnyGo

#1011 Post by BunnyGo » Thu Nov 23, 2023 2:09 am

Because, @Just, you certainly noticed that I didn't list you in my top desires to vote for today. But I really do need to understand you. I'm getting there, but there's a language barrier still.

bozotheclown

#1012 Post by bozotheclown » Thu Nov 23, 2023 2:13 am

JustAGuyNamedWill wrote:
bozotheclown wrote:
Thu Nov 23, 2023 12:46 am
If Just is mafia, that would mean 12 players ended D1 voting for mafia. Even if all of the mafia were bussing, that does not seem particularly likely.
Do you really think afia would only bus more than one of their own? Seems way too risky with no communication. Heck, I think all the mafia may have ended up on sweet at some point, but so believe at least one had to have been on me or Macca
I am not sure what you mean, but sweetandcool ended D1 voting for you, so you had at least one mafia voting for you.

worcej

#1013 Post by worcej » Thu Nov 23, 2023 2:13 am

bozotheclown wrote:
Thu Nov 23, 2023 12:35 am
worcej wrote:
Thu Nov 23, 2023 12:24 am
RIP Spirit

Definitely a weird kill… was not on my radar at all unless there was a fake crumb I must have missed or something.

Going with ##vote will for now. Still thinking sweet was public coaching him versus pocketing.
He placed a critical vote to get sweetandcool DKed and might have been correct about BunnyGo and/or Just.
It’s probably just old-guy bias but I always assume the N1 DK is going to be someone like you lol

bozotheclown

#1014 Post by bozotheclown » Thu Nov 23, 2023 2:14 am

JustAGuyNamedWill wrote:
BunnyGo wrote:
ghug wrote:

Don't worry, BunnyGo is probably just mafia.

BunnyGo

#1015 Post by BunnyGo » Thu Nov 23, 2023 2:16 am

bozotheclown wrote:
Thu Nov 23, 2023 2:14 am
JustAGuyNamedWill wrote:
BunnyGo wrote:

What does me trying to understand a vocal player have to do with my alignment?

bozotheclown

#1016 Post by bozotheclown » Thu Nov 23, 2023 2:26 am

BunnyGo wrote:
Thu Nov 23, 2023 2:16 am
bozotheclown wrote:
JustAGuyNamedWill wrote:

It is the part about "not knowing what a team is" that seems to be unnecessary, and perhaps scum motivated in some less than obvious way. It reminds me of that game where we were mafia in kgray's first game here. If you want more insight into how he would play a team game, I suggest reading M83, where he was DKed D7 voting for the remaining mafia.

brainbomb

#1017 Post by brainbomb » Thu Nov 23, 2023 2:26 am

Meanwhile at the Castle nearby

Lacey Chabert: It is so pretty here when it snows. But I long for a prince to come along. Hopefully this weekend when I go to town I can finally have my own love story.

(Ryan Paevey drives by on a motorcycle)

Lacey Chabert: Thats it. I need a motorcycle. A nice reliable form of royalty. Nothing bad could ever happen on a motorcycle.

Vote Tally 2.1
JustAGuyNamedWill (1) ghug
Bonatogether (1) bozotheclown
Hamilton Brian (1) BunnyGo
BunnyGo (1) JustAGuyNamedWill

No one is scheduled to die
Many hours remain

BunnyGo

#1018 Post by BunnyGo » Thu Nov 23, 2023 2:32 am

bozotheclown wrote:
Thu Nov 23, 2023 2:26 am
BunnyGo wrote:
Thu Nov 23, 2023 2:16 am
bozotheclown wrote:

It is the part about "not knowing what a team is" that seems to be unnecessary, and perhaps scum motivated in some less than obvious way. It reminds me of that game where we were mafia in kgray's first game here. If you want more insight into how he would play a team game, I suggest reading M83, where he was DKed D7 voting for the remaining mafia.
Ah...I hadn't meant to be that harsh. I was definitely frustrated a couple days ago when I couldn't understand him, and couldn't even discuss how team strategy games are different than diplomacy or the like.

I thought I had an epiphany about him and was understanding him better.

I'll step back if that's how I'm coming off. Sorry @Just. Feel better and have a happy thanksgiving.

bozotheclown

#1019 Post by bozotheclown » Thu Nov 23, 2023 2:37 am

I will soon be going inactive for the majority of D2, but I will be back.

bozotheclown

#1020 Post by bozotheclown » Thu Nov 23, 2023 2:38 am

bozotheclown wrote:
Thu Nov 23, 2023 2:37 am
I will soon be going inactive for the majority of D2, but I will be back.
Unless someone shoots me while I am gone.