M1026: ghughog Day [Game Thread]

If you have a game you want to play on the forum, you can do so here.
Forum rules
This is an area for forum games. Please note that to support mafia games players cannot edit their own posts in this forum. Off Topic threads will be relocated or deleted. Issues taking place in forum games should be dealt with by respective game GMs and escalated to the moderators only if absolutely necessary.
brainbomb

Re: M1026: ghughog Day [Game Thread]

#201 Post by brainbomb » Wed Oct 04, 2023 6:36 pm

ND wrote:
Wed Oct 04, 2023 5:43 pm
Hmmmm slips omgus vote then doesn't know what it is? How long has he been in these games. I don't remember him.
this is odd as it is shading sweetandcool and calls his vote an omgus which feels like a defense of me. but I cant really tell if ND actually finds this scummy or if hes just using this to shade sweet and make sweet look scummy.

ND and sweet are likely also not scum pairs as the most likely play here is scum either working disconnected and not even mentioning each other/or scum is both pushing their own agendas and trying to collab without being on the same wagon.

either way if ND really thinks this is scummy and is willing to actually vote sweet then I would probably have to assume ND is not scum with sweet here

worcej

#202 Post by worcej » Wed Oct 04, 2023 6:39 pm

##vote sweetandcool

I think the Hamilton situation is too obviously lackluster, even for him, for me to think it's scum motivated.

I don't particularly think ND is scum here based off his level of activity.

Sweet seems like a good place to start. Would be willing to entertain a damo vote too fwiw

brainbomb

#203 Post by brainbomb » Wed Oct 04, 2023 6:39 pm

worcej wrote:
Wed Oct 04, 2023 2:12 am
ND wrote:
Wed Oct 04, 2023 1:29 am
@Brainburp

I'll start with your commentary on the 'Bozo' plan because that plan is something that a literal bozo would come up with. It's really not that interesting at all. It's just lazy. Point in fact, it's just bad. Full stop. And you hedge your language on this. Paraphrasing you, 'Oh well, gee, it's interesting if there are no quality game solvers to get behind.' -Everyone is capable of solving the game. I would expect nothing less for anyone who signs up to play a game where deductive reasoning is a key component of the game. Jesus. And, then you give this long litany of shorthand meta-analysis on people in the game. I guess to determine, if based on your meta read, if anyone is capable of fulfilling your arbitrary definition of a 'quality' game solver. And, you people call me insulting. Btw I am good but given that I am talking to myself half the time idk what that really accomplishes. I guess I'll get better at talking to myself.

Everyone has the potential and ability to read a post and make a conclusion based on what they are able to reason. Regarding me. I plan uninhibited. Have for years. I call it like I see it. Hate me for it. I don't care. What I have a conclusion, then I'll share it. And, lastly, for your gut read about Jam and myself. It's almost as big of a crackpot, hair-brained, theory as Bozo's lottery suggestion.
I missed your style.

Truthfully, it's refreshing to see someone stick to their guns and call it as it is.
Wow.
So you actually missed the ad hominem the shit out of everything that moves style of play? lol

this seems bogus. I was thinking you were town but this seems like a very long winded pocket effort at ND

brainbomb

#204 Post by brainbomb » Wed Oct 04, 2023 6:41 pm

worcej wrote:
Wed Oct 04, 2023 6:39 pm
##vote sweetandcool

I think the Hamilton situation is too obviously lackluster, even for him, for me to think it's scum motivated.

Sweet seems like a good place to start. Would be willing to entertain a damo vote too fwiw

hmm damo I wanna hear more about why on that

brainbomb

#205 Post by brainbomb » Wed Oct 04, 2023 6:42 pm

hold on. worcej my bad. I called your post long winded and I was seeing NDs post actually. yours is not long winded thats my misread.

worcej

#206 Post by worcej » Wed Oct 04, 2023 6:42 pm

brainbomb wrote:
worcej wrote:
Wed Oct 04, 2023 2:12 am
ND wrote:
Wed Oct 04, 2023 1:29 am
@Brainburp

I'll start with your commentary on the 'Bozo' plan because that plan is something that a literal bozo would come up with. It's really not that interesting at all. It's just lazy. Point in fact, it's just bad. Full stop. And you hedge your language on this. Paraphrasing you, 'Oh well, gee, it's interesting if there are no quality game solvers to get behind.' -Everyone is capable of solving the game. I would expect nothing less for anyone who signs up to play a game where deductive reasoning is a key component of the game. Jesus. And, then you give this long litany of shorthand meta-analysis on people in the game. I guess to determine, if based on your meta read, if anyone is capable of fulfilling your arbitrary definition of a 'quality' game solver. And, you people call me insulting. Btw I am good but given that I am talking to myself half the time idk what that really accomplishes. I guess I'll get better at talking to myself.

Everyone has the potential and ability to read a post and make a conclusion based on what they are able to reason. Regarding me. I plan uninhibited. Have for years. I call it like I see it. Hate me for it. I don't care. What I have a conclusion, then I'll share it. And, lastly, for your gut read about Jam and myself. It's almost as big of a crackpot, hair-brained, theory as Bozo's lottery suggestion.
I missed your style.

Truthfully, it's refreshing to see someone stick to their guns and call it as it is.
Wow.
So you actually missed the ad hominem the shit out of everything that moves style of play? lol

this seems bogus. I was thinking you were town but this seems like a very long winded pocket effort at ND
I like people being rough and spewing their shit out there without a filter. I feel like too many people are filtering themselves and not speaking naturally.

Call it a pocket if you want, I have always enjoyed playing with ND :P

brainbomb

#207 Post by brainbomb » Wed Oct 04, 2023 6:43 pm

As for the hedging on the bozo plan I guess I did based on how you paraphrased it. I thought I was talking about why the game lacked alot of its usual power players and how maybe a lottery system for day one had better odds than our usual hunting system which is throw a dart at a wall and hope its mafia

worcej

#208 Post by worcej » Wed Oct 04, 2023 6:44 pm

brainbomb wrote:
Wed Oct 04, 2023 6:41 pm
worcej wrote:
##vote sweetandcool

I expect more from damo considering the game size and lack of town opportunities here. He's too disengaged for my liking.

brainbomb

#209 Post by brainbomb » Wed Oct 04, 2023 6:45 pm

I dont think that damo is usually very engaged. something has to happen for him to get invested

brainbomb

#210 Post by brainbomb » Wed Oct 04, 2023 6:52 pm

sweetandcool wrote:
Tue Oct 03, 2023 7:10 am
Hamilton Brian wrote:
Mon Oct 02, 2023 11:46 pm
brainbomb wrote:
Mon Oct 02, 2023 11:43 pm

make a reads list
That's for chumps and suckers. No reads, just pure unadulterated shooting-from-the hip. What could go wrong? It's groundhog day.
So Ham has gotten caught as Mafia for making reads lists. Now he has learned his lesson and is refraining.

Is this suspicious? Please discuss.
It was very early in game when he said this. to imagine he would have a readlist only mere pages into the game is a bit silly. im pretty sure no one has reads even now at this stage

brainbomb

#211 Post by brainbomb » Wed Oct 04, 2023 6:53 pm

I need someone else to explain sweet and cool because I have proven game after game that I cant read them. I get them wrong every time so any thoughts are much appreciated

bozotheclown

#212 Post by bozotheclown » Wed Oct 04, 2023 6:57 pm

ND wrote:
Wed Oct 04, 2023 5:36 pm
bozotheclown wrote:
Wed Oct 04, 2023 4:17 pm
ND wrote:
Wed Oct 04, 2023 3:01 pm
##Vote Hamilton

I like Ham as a wagon, but I am suspicious of a few people on the wagon.
I don't know why you would like the HB wagon if you think there are any mafia on the wagon.

##VOTE ND
I've commented multiple times on ham. Just because I think your lottery idea is brain dead and potentially scum indicative doesn't mean I don't think ham is a valid vote.
You implied there was more than 1 player voting for HB that you found suspicious, so I assume that meant sweetandcool and myself based on your prior comments. Saying you were suspicious of players on the HB wagon seems like an effort to be consistent with your previous post while still advancing a HB DK, or potentially setting us up for the next mis-kill if/when HB flips town.

worcej

#213 Post by worcej » Wed Oct 04, 2023 6:58 pm

brainbomb wrote:
Wed Oct 04, 2023 6:53 pm
I need someone else to explain sweet and cool because I have proven game after game that I cant read them. I get them wrong every time so any thoughts are much appreciated
I don't have a style and typically suck at reads.

brainbomb

#214 Post by brainbomb » Wed Oct 04, 2023 7:00 pm

ah nice bozo is pretty clearly town here.

bozotheclown

#215 Post by bozotheclown » Wed Oct 04, 2023 7:00 pm

worcej wrote:
##vote sweetandcool

Do you think ND is typically less active as mafia than as town?

worcej

#216 Post by worcej » Wed Oct 04, 2023 7:12 pm

bozotheclown wrote:
Wed Oct 04, 2023 7:00 pm
worcej wrote:
##vote sweetandcool

I honestly don't recall - he's been gone for awhile and I think posting volume/activity is NAI because of it.

Jamiet99uk

#217 Post by Jamiet99uk » Wed Oct 04, 2023 7:25 pm

worcej wrote:
Wed Oct 04, 2023 6:44 pm
brainbomb wrote:
worcej wrote:
##vote sweetandcool

I expect more from damo considering the game size and lack of town opportunities here. He's too disengaged for my liking.
Find me a game where Town Damo was super active on D1...
This is my potato. There are many like it, but this one is mine. My potato is my best friend. It is my life. I must master it as I must master my life. Without me, my potato is useless. Without my potato, I am useless.

Jamiet99uk

#218 Post by Jamiet99uk » Wed Oct 04, 2023 7:28 pm

Damo is currently being Damo-indicative.

Bozo is being fairly Bozo-indicative.

ND is trying too hard to be abrasive for the sake of it.

Worcej is now getting very engaged which I'm pleased to see.

Brainbomb has come to life a little.

Hamilton and Sweetie, I'm not sure.

DemonOverlord has hardly posted.
This is my potato. There are many like it, but this one is mine. My potato is my best friend. It is my life. I must master it as I must master my life. Without me, my potato is useless. Without my potato, I am useless.

bozotheclown

#219 Post by bozotheclown » Wed Oct 04, 2023 7:30 pm

worcej wrote:
Wed Oct 04, 2023 7:12 pm
bozotheclown wrote:
Wed Oct 04, 2023 7:00 pm
worcej wrote:
##vote sweetandcool

I honestly don't recall - he's been gone for awhile and I think posting volume/activity is NAI because of it.
Why do you think ND is not mafia based on his level of activity if his activity is NAI?

worcej

#220 Post by worcej » Wed Oct 04, 2023 7:48 pm

Jamiet99uk wrote:
Wed Oct 04, 2023 7:25 pm
worcej wrote:
Wed Oct 04, 2023 6:44 pm
brainbomb wrote:

Find me a game where Town Damo was super active on D1...
I didn't say I expected him to be active - I said I expected more from him because of the shortened game