M82: Magic the Gathering Mafia [Game Thread]

If you have a game you want to play on the forum, you can do so here.
Forum rules
This is an area for forum games. Please note that to support mafia games players cannot edit their own posts in this forum. Off Topic threads will be relocated or deleted. Issues taking place in forum games should be dealt with by respective game GMs and escalated to the moderators only if absolutely necessary.
Bonatogether

Re: M82: Magic the Gathering Mafia [Game Thread]

#901 Post by Bonatogether » Tue Jul 25, 2023 3:36 am

sweetandcool wrote:
Tue Jul 25, 2023 3:35 am
Bonatogether wrote:
Tue Jul 25, 2023 3:34 am
sweetandcool wrote:
Tue Jul 25, 2023 3:34 am
Hmmm, I'm pretty sure I know why nobody has claimed a PR yet. I have a fairly good idea as to what the power is. I think I know who the PR is as well.
ooh ooh is it me

am i the pr
If it is, I am going to respect your decision not to claim.
real

sweetandcool

#902 Post by sweetandcool » Tue Jul 25, 2023 3:46 am

Kak, on D1, what was the point of your self-vote. You presented it as a pity party I am doomed type of vote, when you were only one vote in the lead.

Was this performative? If so, what was your intention? If not, why did you feel that way, given it was D1 where people tend to have the least conviction and flash wagons easy to come by?

sweetandcool

#903 Post by sweetandcool » Tue Jul 25, 2023 3:53 am

This is interesting: we all voted for damo D1 except Vecna and Bunny. It's unlikely all of Mafia piled on damo, so one of Vecna and Bunny have to be Mafia.

I'm beginning to believe I've been fooled and I know which one is Mafia.

sweetandcool

#904 Post by sweetandcool » Tue Jul 25, 2023 3:54 am

If you're here still, I'm eager to hear what you think Bona.

Bonatogether

#905 Post by Bonatogether » Tue Jul 25, 2023 4:01 am

i don't have many thoughts, i'm hungry

Bonatogether

#906 Post by Bonatogether » Tue Jul 25, 2023 4:05 am

sweetandcool wrote:
Tue Jul 25, 2023 3:53 am
This is interesting: we all voted for damo D1 except Vecna and Bunny. It's unlikely all of Mafia piled on damo, so one of Vecna and Bunny have to be Mafia.

i am not a damo voter. that is fake news propagated by the fake news media. i am a proud d1 kak voter

sweetandcool

#907 Post by sweetandcool » Tue Jul 25, 2023 4:18 am

Kakarroto wrote:
Thu Jul 20, 2023 7:59 pm
sweetandcool wrote:
Thu Jul 20, 2023 7:32 pm
Kakarroto wrote:
Thu Jul 20, 2023 7:21 pm
well, I think I'll most likely be the vote today. I've practically softed vanilla (or at least a role that's worth losing to the vanillizer if he strucks as I've mentioned before) so don't expect any wild claims from me.

This and the slow day looks like mafia is very content with how the day went. Maybe none of them are currently in any danger.

Also it seems people don't believe in my townyness so it's pretty hard to change that. I can only hope you look closer to fox after I flip, although, even when I have strokes of genius, my maf-reads on D1 are a bit on the weak side. So don't blindly follow that, but don't forget it please.

At least now I think we don't have a vanillizer in the game, or if then they had chosen some strange wording. I suggest, if you are afraid, stay away from memes, sayings or somewhat unusual phrasings. Like: "I'll be back." or "Time to duel!" (Maybe it's time to d-d-d-d-d-duel?)

So at least communication should be better with the ongoing time when people don't have to pay attention to their words.
Gah, these "resigned to my fate" posts always get me.

What are your reads other than Fox?
well, I'm a bit sus on worcej that fox practically declared him town without anything, but maybe that makes worcej just town if fox flips mafia. Worcej was a bit tight-lipped this game, but I haven't seen anything from him until now that would me think he's mafia.

I don't like Vecna's behaviour and vote, with that timing, but Vecna's too experienced to do that as mafia, right? Then again, he could think that we think that he wouldn't do that so who knows exactly? (brain does, but I'm sure he doesn't help us here)

Bunny, bunny, bunny ... hmm. In the 0.000001% chance rd flips mafia, bunny is sure town. Other than that? Well he looked ok enough, I think he also asked good questions, so maybe mafia, but more eh, not quite. I'd investigate him further though for his actions in the future.

Bona irked me at the beginning, well the "he's here" "he's not" because of his computer is absolute nai, still, bona's kinda ... different. I guess I could see me voting him if people shift to him.

Regarding rd, he was his usual self, so practically a 50/50 chance, but when I noticed the duo end voting sweet (duo=bunny/rd), rd went to a townlock for me.

Damo is ... silent. I don't like it. People say it's town indicative of him, or at least damo-indicative, but he's voting me and has all these wrong takes despite saying so little. I'm staying away though since fox is voting for him, so maybe damo is town somehow?

Ghug. Ghug is ghug. Very silent ghug, but he said it's because travel. Contrary to damo, what he says sounds good and logical, so I like him being around. I hope he talks much more in the next phases.

Brian is ... here, I think. Not saying too much, feels a bit like just existing. He's different than last game where he was my maf-dance-partner. So maybe that's just him, but I'd be a bit cautious here.

And finally sweet ... well you're wrong voting me, but maybe it's for the best. I had pondered of tie-ing you with me, especially since rd is voting you here, but I don't feel any maliciousness from your posts. Sure some strangeness and things I'd put under " :? ", but at the end of the day, I tend more to town here. And with the potential of outing one of only two of our PR's, it's probably just the best to voting me out to flip me since I don't want to be the reason again town loses by voting me out on a do or die day.
What do ya'll think of this list? If Kak were scum, who do you think his partners are, based on this list. It kind of reminds me of Ham's last game.

sweetandcool

#908 Post by sweetandcool » Tue Jul 25, 2023 4:19 am

Bonatogether wrote:
Tue Jul 25, 2023 4:05 am
sweetandcool wrote:

i am not a damo voter. that is fake news propagated by the fake news media. i am a proud d1 kak voter
Peterbot disagrees with you.

Bonatogether

#909 Post by Bonatogether » Tue Jul 25, 2023 4:24 am

sweetandcool wrote:
Tue Jul 25, 2023 4:19 am
Bonatogether wrote:
Tue Jul 25, 2023 4:05 am
sweetandcool wrote:

Peterbot disagrees with you.
actually though i was voting to break a tie

Vecna

#910 Post by Vecna » Tue Jul 25, 2023 4:30 am

Kakarroto wrote:
Mon Jul 24, 2023 7:34 pm
Anyway, I still think we should not vote sweet or rd. I'm pretty sure Brian is one of our mafia. That means that two out of bunny, bona and Vecna are mafia.

If Vecna is town, his thought of bona bussing bunny to get the black knight effect could be golden and just the breakthrough we need. I'm just not sure enough to believe Vecna is town right there.

Hmm. How sure are you that bunny is the black knight, Vecna? And who do you think is most likely mafia but most unlikely the black knight? Who do you think we should vote then here?
Kakarroto wrote:
Mon Jul 24, 2023 7:36 pm
bona, since you here, are you bussing bunny? Is he your black knight?

If there is a black knight, who do you think would it be?
these two posts give me the heebie jeebies

Vecna

#911 Post by Vecna » Tue Jul 25, 2023 4:38 am

BunnyGo wrote:
Mon Jul 24, 2023 10:07 pm
sweetandcool wrote:
Mon Jul 24, 2023 8:56 pm
I guess Kak and I would vote Ham. Bona, even if you are right about Bunny, would you consolidate with town on Ham first? Or is Ham a bad vote?

And if you are right about Bunny, does that make Vecna the final town?
Kak. You see this is sus, right?

Sweet open wolfing?

I see kak, and bona as town. But we can’t miss on the 4th. If you’re sure it’s rdr, then sweet MUST be a wolf.
This would also imply you think im mafia.

sweetandcool

#912 Post by sweetandcool » Tue Jul 25, 2023 4:46 am

Alright, I am done.

I would like responses to any questions posed, persuasive argument may make me reconsider, but I am locked in to three scumreads.

Ham
Vecna
rdr

D1 VCA: I think Vecna jumped onto the Kak wagon to make it the main one, Ham jumped on Damon and got lucky that that wagon grew, he also helped it along by suggesting the strategy of voting inactive players which I personally took up for D1 and D2.

Rdr opportunistically latched onto my wagon, but in a jokey way. Then he decided my wagon was going nowhere and damo's was growing so he used a comment by me to comfortably slide into the damo wagon.

As a counterpoint, you may say that Kak was saved and I'm wrong about someone. But read through Kak's posts and they really do seem townie. They also seem completely unpaired with Ham who is our strongest scumread.

D2 VCA: I think Ham starts with a bus on Vecna, then switches with rdr to their true MK push of the day, sweetandcool. I think they expected Bunny and Fox to go along with it, and it is a bit surprising they didn't.

I think rdr switched from me to worcej because rdr expected town paranoia to kill him D3 and he wanted us to look like partners after he flips.

Today, a lot of people are seeming towny and it's unsure what direction it's going to go in. I think Ham and rdr are waiting to see which way the wind blows. Vecna is hoping they can power wolf us into losing.

Bonatogether

#913 Post by Bonatogether » Tue Jul 25, 2023 4:53 am

that analysis makes you look better i feel, but i can't remember scumteams ever coming into a day with one dedicated miskill they're pushing as a concerted group so i'm not sure it actually reveals anything. i don't buy the narrative that the scumteam has been attempting to conduct a massive powerscum campaign from early on in d2 and d3 and failing so completely to get the kills they want

sweetandcool

#914 Post by sweetandcool » Tue Jul 25, 2023 4:53 am

I don't want to exhaust myself with individual arguments right now, but I think on an individual level, Vecna's D1/N1 and D2 were cleverly crafted.

Look really low activity and scummy (he even said he was acting scummy on purpose, though honestly other than not posting he didn't seem that way), then hit us with an analysis augmented by TMI, only to conveniently conclude with a fairly backwards read list that only partially matches his analysis.

Ham has been off all game, but if y'all really want specifics then I'll have to do it in the morning.

Rdr is rdr, other than compelling VCA I can't add much to the argument for them.

sweetandcool

#915 Post by sweetandcool » Tue Jul 25, 2023 4:54 am

Bonatogether wrote:
Tue Jul 25, 2023 4:53 am
that analysis makes you look better i feel, but i can't remember scumteams ever coming into a day with one dedicated miskill they're pushing as a concerted group so i'm not sure it actually reveals anything. i don't buy the narrative that the scumteam has been attempting to conduct a massive powerscum campaign from early on in d2 and d3 and failing so completely to get the kills they want
Only Vecna is powerwolfing. Ham is really just unconvincing with any opinions and rdr is lurking.

Bonatogether

#916 Post by Bonatogether » Tue Jul 25, 2023 4:55 am

sweetandcool wrote:
Tue Jul 25, 2023 4:54 am
Bonatogether wrote:
Only Vecna is powerwolfing. Ham is really just unconvincing with any opinions and rdr is lurking.
rdr is always at this level of posting. it's not lurking because he does contribute thoughts

sweetandcool

#917 Post by sweetandcool » Tue Jul 25, 2023 4:56 am

It is true that I've neglected to mention myself too much here. I leave it up to town to figure out that I am town. I don't have the time to push people past that, especially since people who think I am scum are less inclined to listen in the first place.

sweetandcool

#918 Post by sweetandcool » Tue Jul 25, 2023 4:57 am

Bonatogether wrote:
Tue Jul 25, 2023 4:55 am
sweetandcool wrote:
Tue Jul 25, 2023 4:54 am
Bonatogether wrote:
rdr is always at this level of posting. it's not lurking because he does contribute thoughts
I know that. I'm not claiming they are lurking more than normal. But they are lurking and they do normally vote earlier than this. No vote is lurking, especially on an important day.

sweetandcool

#919 Post by sweetandcool » Tue Jul 25, 2023 5:01 am

Bonatogether wrote:
Well D3 isn't over yet. And D2 they rdrade the final decision to hit worcej instead of me, which is a clever move for the reasons I stated. If EoD2 had gone differently, perhaps they would have shifted votes differently and someone else would have died, idk. But I wouldn't say they failed D2.

sweetandcool

#920 Post by sweetandcool » Tue Jul 25, 2023 5:02 am

sweetandcool wrote:
Tue Jul 25, 2023 5:01 am
Bonatogether wrote:
Well D3 isn't over yet. And D2 they rdrade the final decision to hit worcej instead of me, which is a clever move for the reasons I stated. If EoD2 had gone differently, perhaps they would have shifted votes differently and someone else would have died, idk. But I wouldn't say they failed D2.
rdrade= rdr made