M1025 Game Thread

If you have a game you want to play on the forum, you can do so here.
Forum rules
This is an area for forum games. Please note that to support mafia games players cannot edit their own posts in this forum. Off Topic threads will be relocated or deleted. Issues taking place in forum games should be dealt with by respective game GMs and escalated to the moderators only if absolutely necessary.
ghug
Bronze Donator
Bronze Donator

Re: M1025 Game Thread

#621 Post by ghug » Thu Jun 01, 2023 5:24 pm

Jamiet99uk wrote:
Thu Jun 01, 2023 5:11 pm
Now, everybody has voted and there are no one-vote wagons.

That is good.
Based

BunnyGo

#622 Post by BunnyGo » Thu Jun 01, 2023 5:24 pm

Fluminator wrote:
Thu Jun 01, 2023 5:22 pm
Jamiet99uk wrote:
Thu Jun 01, 2023 11:53 am
BonnyGu wrote:
Thu Jun 01, 2023 11:47 am

Yes.

Deep thoughts.

Carefully crafted and quoted and picked apart thoughts.

Such as:

OMG SO OBV SCUM!!!
I am obv scum, am I ?
Jamiet is reading and reacting in a very defensive way based on his knee jerk reaction to this post that wasn't calling him obvscum.

His annoyances just seem really random this game too and I don't see the heart behind it.
Sigh…time to reread Jamie

President Eden

#623 Post by President Eden » Thu Jun 01, 2023 5:27 pm

BunnyGo wrote:
Thu Jun 01, 2023 5:17 pm
BunnyGo wrote:
Thu Jun 01, 2023 5:00 pm
President Eden wrote:
Thu Jun 01, 2023 4:57 pm

Because if I have 7-8 people I’m never killing, 1-2 people I’m ambivalent about, and a pool of 4 left that I’m probably always flipping regardless because I have so many people I’m never killing, then in deciding who to shoot from among that pool, something like “well P has died D1 three games in a row and Q has been in the endgame all three times” might actually matter to me to some degree. I don’t know that I’d actually flip Q over P because of it, but it would be an open question because I’ve already mostly decided they’re both flipping anyway.

That requires a lot of confidence in the game state though, which I just don’t have right now. I got one shot I think is quite good, another that’s still good but less so (granted, I haven’t ready pyx’s catch-up post), some nulls and I think about 5/12 other players I wouldn’t shoot D1 but haven’t written off. Totally different situation.
7-8?! NEVER killing? How are you so confident in your reads?! While also saying “I have no confidence”
Ah. So I did.

But you keep saying these things ABOUT my mindset. And the approach for it seems off.

Hmm.

I’m happy with my vote still.

And ghug’s behavior during this feels townier. And I don’t THINK he’d do that just because I had been shading him before.
I kept (past tense) saying those things because we both made the same erroneous assumption (that town mindset is whatever mindset I/you have about the situation). In my case I independently TR you so I inquired to figure out where you’re at. In your case you didn’t have a firm read on me for it so you SR me. I don’t think there’s anything meaningfully wrong about your approach (though I disagree with it). I just made mistaken assumptions about what your approach is.

I’m not sure how you find ghug towny from this lol. Except that I guess if you’re convinced I’m scum you can reasonably extrapolate that he’s probably not my teammate. But his behavior in the exchange was just silly

ghug
Bronze Donator
Bronze Donator

#624 Post by ghug » Thu Jun 01, 2023 5:27 pm

pyxxy wrote:
like now Bunny is off on some Eden scumslip nonsense that ghug is entertaining for some reason and seems to have completely forgotten that I am 100% scum after I 1) showed back up in the thread and 2) actually engaged with him

maybe he was trying to break his meta but Bunny legitimately feels bad as a person for going for the back-to-back N1-D1 kills on me and so he's flaking here and moving elsewhere
How do you read that exchange and think I'm entertaining the scumslip?

President Eden

#625 Post by President Eden » Thu Jun 01, 2023 5:28 pm

ghug wrote:
Thu Jun 01, 2023 5:23 pm
brainbomb wrote:
Thu Jun 01, 2023 5:05 pm
ghug wrote:
Thu Jun 01, 2023 5:03 pm

Is scumreading Bunny necessarily scummy if you don't know him that well, though?

I thought Pyxxy's effort and progression in the catch-up felt authentic.
quote the efforts and progressions by pyxxy you found authentic.
That one wall post. I particularly liked how he said he wasn't voting Bunny and then voted him a paragraph later. That's a weird thing to do if you're just being performative.
ok that’s a valid point, maybe pyx can escape my possible kill list for today

brainbomb

#626 Post by brainbomb » Thu Jun 01, 2023 5:29 pm

ghug wrote:
brainbomb wrote:
ghug wrote:
Thu Jun 01, 2023 5:03 pm

Is scumreading Bunny necessarily scummy if you don't know him that well, though?

I thought Pyxxy's effort and progression in the catch-up felt authentic.
That one wall post. I particularly liked how he said he wasn't voting Bunny and then voted him a paragraph later. That's a weird thing to do if you're just being performative.
thats actually what performative is. its making your posts into a stage play to look like you are arriving at a conclusion based on new information when clearly the post was only ever focused on bunny and all else was just thrown in to resemble a catchup on everyone

President Eden

#627 Post by President Eden » Thu Jun 01, 2023 5:30 pm

ghug wrote:
Thu Jun 01, 2023 5:27 pm
pyxxy wrote:
like now Bunny is off on some Eden scumslip nonsense that ghug is entertaining for some reason and seems to have completely forgotten that I am 100% scum after I 1) showed back up in the thread and 2) actually engaged with him

maybe he was trying to break his meta but Bunny legitimately feels bad as a person for going for the back-to-back N1-D1 kills on me and so he's flaking here and moving elsewhere
You were clearly contributing your voice to pushing the conclusion Bunny reached from his believed detection of a “scumslip,” without endorsing the theory and with reliance on goofy readings of what I was saying in response. You might do that as town, but you would do that as scum. I see what pyx is getting at even if literally calling it “entertaining a scumslip theory” or whatever is somewhat imprecise.

ghug
Bronze Donator
Bronze Donator

#628 Post by ghug » Thu Jun 01, 2023 5:32 pm

brainbomb wrote:
Thu Jun 01, 2023 5:29 pm
ghug wrote:
brainbomb wrote:

thats actually what performative is. its making your posts into a stage play to look like you are arriving at a conclusion based on new information when clearly the post was only ever focused on bunny and all else was just thrown in to resemble a catchup on everyone
Sure, it could be performance, but if it is, it's good performance, because it perfectly mimics a townie's views progressing as they ingest more information. I find things like that more likely to be real.

BunnyGo

#629 Post by BunnyGo » Thu Jun 01, 2023 5:34 pm

ghug wrote:
Thu Jun 01, 2023 5:32 pm
brainbomb wrote:
Thu Jun 01, 2023 5:29 pm
ghug wrote:

Sure, it could be performance, but if it is, it's good performance, because it perfectly mimics a townie's views progressing as they ingest more information. I find things like that more likely to be real.
How do you view a scum performance where they say things they see but then vote the way they vote to fit the desired outcome?

BunnyGo

#630 Post by BunnyGo » Thu Jun 01, 2023 5:35 pm

@ghug eg last game when I did my kaka read and kept having to say how town I thought he was despite having wanted to push a vote on him

pyxxy
Gold Donator
Gold Donator

#631 Post by pyxxy » Thu Jun 01, 2023 5:38 pm

brainbomb wrote:
Thu Jun 01, 2023 5:19 pm
short version

hi player
bozo is funny
hi player
hmm bunny is scummy

hi player
I dont use vibes I use v i b e s
hi player
bunny is scummy

hmm bunny might be pr hunting again
cites prior game

yea bunny is scum
votes bunny

gets mad

post ends
lmao I was addressing Bunny saying that I was lying about what he literally said in scum chat, thought that was pretty clear but my bad

the rest is accurate :razz:

also I'm pretty sure my vibes list is accurate

pyxxy
Gold Donator
Gold Donator

#632 Post by pyxxy » Thu Jun 01, 2023 5:40 pm

Jamiet99uk wrote:
Thu Jun 01, 2023 5:21 pm
People who responded positively enough to my baking survey:

Brainbomb: Beef wellington.
Jamiet99uk: Macaroni pie.
Ghug: Pâte à choux.
President Eden: Ly Knead.
BunnyGo: Pecan Pie.
Chaqa is going to bake himself.
Damo: Spotted dick.

People who responded very awkwardly to my baking survey
:

Bozotheclown.

People who acknowledged it but did not offer to bake anything:

Pyxxy.

People who did not respond at all:

Bonatogether
Fluminator
Rdrivera2005
Worcej
hi Jamiet

BunnyGo

#633 Post by BunnyGo » Thu Jun 01, 2023 5:41 pm

pyxxy wrote:
Thu Jun 01, 2023 5:38 pm
brainbomb wrote:
short version

hi player
bozo is funny
hi player
hmm bunny is scummy

hi player
hi player
bunny is scummy

cites prior game

yea bunny is scum
votes bunny

gets mad

post ends
lmao I was addressing Bunny saying that I was lying about what he literally said in scum chat, thought that was pretty clear but my bad

I heard you say:

Bunny admitted to PR hunting

What Bunny said in scumchat: I was scum hunting.

I’m confused how you think these are the same thing

pyxxy
Gold Donator
Gold Donator

#634 Post by pyxxy » Thu Jun 01, 2023 5:43 pm

hmmm okay maybe I'm doing the thing where I think the intentions of my thoughts are clearly but they're clearly not

@brain sorry if I'm a page or two behind but I'm seeing "nothing about how he actually feels about bozo" and like, I guess that's my bad but I feel like my catchups are supposed to give off how I feel about people and my bozo feeling is meh, I don't get why he did a bunch of funny things after getting miskilled D1 last game and I don't really have a read on him because of that

Is that more helpful? Like maybe I'm assuming that no conclusion = neutral or null and that that's coming through in my posts but tbh we didn't get to play much together last game so maybe I'm getting ahead of myself

pyxxy
Gold Donator
Gold Donator

#635 Post by pyxxy » Thu Jun 01, 2023 5:46 pm

BunnyGo wrote:
Thu Jun 01, 2023 5:41 pm
pyxxy wrote:
brainbomb wrote:
short version

hi player
bozo is funny
hi player
hmm bunny is scummy

hi player
hi player
bunny is scummy

cites prior game

yea bunny is scum
votes bunny

gets mad

post ends

I heard you say:

I do not understand how I can quote you to yourself and somehow you are confused

BunnyGo

#636 Post by BunnyGo » Thu Jun 01, 2023 5:48 pm

pyxxy wrote:
Thu Jun 01, 2023 5:46 pm
BunnyGo wrote:
Thu Jun 01, 2023 5:41 pm
pyxxy wrote:

I heard you say:

I do not understand how I can quote you to yourself and somehow you are confused
Could you address my post that you just quoted? Not by quoting it, but by addressing it.

ghug
Bronze Donator
Bronze Donator

#637 Post by ghug » Thu Jun 01, 2023 5:49 pm

BunnyGo wrote:
Thu Jun 01, 2023 5:35 pm
@ghug eg last game when I did my kaka read and kept having to say how town I thought he was despite having wanted to push a vote on him
Isn't that different than what you just described because you didn't let yourself push your agenda? I'm not sure why Pyxxy's agenda would be you specifically in any case.

I think good scum let their reads be dictated by how they think they'd view things as town to done extent.

pyxxy
Gold Donator
Gold Donator

#638 Post by pyxxy » Thu Jun 01, 2023 5:51 pm

President Eden wrote:
Thu Jun 01, 2023 5:21 pm
i read the catch-up post and i guess i’m not getting strong impressions from it either way

re: worc and easiest case… maybe. if something did bother me about it, it would be that two people joined it as a joke and have found reasons to stay on it, which is slightly incongruent. but I think Chaqa got it right that worc is just scum ducking and expecting/hoping the wagon goes away, so I’m not gonna worry about it for now. just seemed odd that he suddenly was at the top with so little discussion

re: bozo, I don’t get the scum motivation for his posts. just seems like he’s being targeted for being goofy or weird or whatever which is primo miskill bait
for the people keep tracking at home, Eden and bozo are still on worcej, Jamiet and Chaqa both moved to Flum

Do you think it's worth pressuring worcej further? I'm entirely going off your scum worcej slanks meta read here. I think he's being low activity but it's kinda shrug for me, and since I seem to be big on game-to-game reads rn, I could see it as secondhand embarrassment for claiming so quickly last game. Better not to get involved in anything spicy this game. Bit towny, innit.

Like maybe what I'm asking is, better to wagon elsewhere and solve him later, I think yeah?

I'm willing to skip bozo too for today because he was the D1 chop last ga---*gets sniped from a grassy knoll*

BunnyGo

#639 Post by BunnyGo » Thu Jun 01, 2023 5:51 pm

ghug wrote:
Thu Jun 01, 2023 5:49 pm
BunnyGo wrote:
Thu Jun 01, 2023 5:35 pm
Isn't that different than what you just described because you didn't let yourself push your agenda? I'm not sure why Pyxxy's agenda would be you specifically in any case.

I think good scum let their reads be dictated by how they think they'd view things as town to done extent.
Your final sentence is certainly true. I’m not sure about the first. But I take your point.

pyxxy
Gold Donator
Gold Donator

#640 Post by pyxxy » Thu Jun 01, 2023 5:53 pm

ghug wrote:
Thu Jun 01, 2023 5:27 pm
pyxxy wrote:

this seemed like a serious pivot, am I wrong?
ghug wrote:
Thu Jun 01, 2023 4:35 pm
President Eden wrote:
Thu Jun 01, 2023 4:26 pm
BunnyGo wrote:
Thu Jun 01, 2023 4:23 pm

I think Eden scum slipped there. ##vote Eden. I’ll let you decide for yourselves without me spelling it out.
Au contraire, I think you should probably spell out whatever you’re saying very simply and straightforwardly because I’m totally lost as to what you’re getting at and pretty confident I could straighten it out if I knew wtf you were on about :lol:
Oh this is scummy though.