M1025 Game Thread

If you have a game you want to play on the forum, you can do so here.
Forum rules
This is an area for forum games. Please note that to support mafia games players cannot edit their own posts in this forum. Off Topic threads will be relocated or deleted. Issues taking place in forum games should be dealt with by respective game GMs and escalated to the moderators only if absolutely necessary.
Jamiet99uk

Re: M1025 Game Thread

#601 Post by Jamiet99uk » Thu Jun 01, 2023 5:11 pm

Now, everybody has voted and there are no one-vote wagons.

That is good.
Buzz buzz buzz buzz buzz.

BunnyGo

#602 Post by BunnyGo » Thu Jun 01, 2023 5:11 pm

I’ll be missing EOD driving kids around again

Jamiet99uk

#603 Post by Jamiet99uk » Thu Jun 01, 2023 5:13 pm

BunnyGo wrote:
Thu Jun 01, 2023 5:11 pm
BunnyGo, one moment.

Do you remain sure that President Eden scumslipped, after his responses to you?

pyxxy
Gold Donator
Gold Donator

#604 Post by pyxxy » Thu Jun 01, 2023 5:13 pm

brainbomb wrote:
Thu Jun 01, 2023 5:05 pm
ghug wrote:
Thu Jun 01, 2023 5:03 pm
brainbomb wrote:
Thu Jun 01, 2023 4:55 pm
bunny is pretty obvious as town here. so once again pyxxy is positioned in a way that seems scummy
Is scumreading Bunny necessarily scummy if you don't know him that well, though?

I thought Pyxxy's effort and progression in the catch-up felt authentic.
quote the efforts and progressions by pyxxy you found authentic.
that makes two people who haven't read the wall-post

President Eden

#605 Post by President Eden » Thu Jun 01, 2023 5:14 pm

BunnyGo wrote:
Thu Jun 01, 2023 5:04 pm
President Eden wrote:
Thu Jun 01, 2023 5:01 pm
BunnyGo wrote:
Thu Jun 01, 2023 5:00 pm

7-8?! NEVER killing? How are you so confident in your reads?! While also saying “I have no confidence”
Say that again and think more about it when you do
7-8?! NEVER killing?

I hear you saying that there are 7-8 players whom you deem towny enough that you’ve put them outside your vote today. And that this confidence in your sense of them means that you MUST vote in the remaining 5 or so players.

By confidence, I hear you say that you believe there’s no benefit to the town in flipping these players.
You missed a very important “if” at the beginning of that paragraph my friend

BunnyGo

#606 Post by BunnyGo » Thu Jun 01, 2023 5:15 pm

Jamiet99uk wrote:
Thu Jun 01, 2023 5:13 pm
BunnyGo wrote:
Thu Jun 01, 2023 5:11 pm
BunnyGo, one moment.

Do you remain sure that President Eden scumslipped, after his responses to you?
I’m pondering his response more.

His statement that scum would have not posted anything at all is interesting.

The rest of it still seems to come from a wolf mindset to me

pyxxy
Gold Donator
Gold Donator

#607 Post by pyxxy » Thu Jun 01, 2023 5:15 pm

idk I think I've been pretty clear about why I find bunny sus, bunny himself said that he can change up his meta and I think that's an honest answer

so it's WIFOM if he would say that or not as scum

if that gets me killed so be it 🤷 but I don't think he's obv town, not by a long shot

brainbomb

#608 Post by brainbomb » Thu Jun 01, 2023 5:16 pm

bits and bobs
- page 13 makes my eyebrows twitch >:( bunny and ghug being little weirdos
- bozo rand idea is hilarious, I'm down
- bunny calling bona obv town after being scum last game is also hilarious
- @everyone: is bunny the type to actively try to break his meta after losing as scum?
- @rdr I'll stop making the lego joke it's worn out sorry about that
- lmao get randed bozo
- hi worcej
- confused about bozo's pivot to an actual short-list but honored I made it
I really dont think authenticity is the right word to explain whether this is legit catchups or not. none of this makes any opinions about game state really. it doesnt tell me what happened p13 or what he thinks actually. the bozo idea is anti town, the appeal to audience on bunny is really reachy, the rdr lego thing lacks any substance, the get randed bozo thing is sort of funny I guess but gives me nothing on how he feels about bozo. hi worcej is just a hello. the pivot bozo thing doesnt take a stance on anything about if bozo is town for doing it.

-
carving this out into its own line: wait @bunny okay you seem serious, what did I screw up about scum chat?
You're talking about this, right?
pyxxy wrote:
Wed May 31, 2023 9:31 pm
last game: bad vibes, bunny PR hunted worcej (confirmed in scum chat post-game/post-death)
This seems to suddenly get nervous about bunny but doesnt seem like a reason to vote bunny.
think maybe you're saying that it wasn't intentional PR hunting _as scum_? Which I didn't say. I said you PR hunted worcej and like......you literally say that in the discord. Idk what else "Fox was right" could mean.

I'm not trying to be nitpicky or annoying I'm just like.....maybe you forgot this too........because......you have a history of......yeah.
This is not even talking about this game its about bunny pr hunting.

-
hi Jamie
- tele-what now
- am I going to have to solve if bunny tunneling me is town or scum :|
- interesting that bozo is finding me as very different from my usual town game but he is also not playing what I perceive as his usual town game aka surveys. for legal reasons this isn't shade
- ah, worcej returns
Tries to catch up but goes back to bunny paranoia.

-
re: Eden, worcej walking up to 4 is kinda surprising. maybe it was just the simplest case?
- if it's not clear yes I agree that random voting is bad it's funny but bad
- @eden what makes you want to take bozo off the table? I think he's pretty firmly in will-vote for D1 activities, but maybe I'm not putting together the puzzle correctly
- oh okay I think Bunny is just going hog wild not actually tunneling me. I think this is funny _and_ I want to see if he can sustain it, let's keep him around for another day :D
While I agree the catchup is authentic the talking points from catchup seem completely empty other than to justify voting bunny.

also worth a line break
- @brain, I do talk about vibes but I don't think I always use the word vibes. I tend to be mech-heavy to compensate for still being meh about scumhunting, and that means I lack confidence in my scum reads a lot of the time (imo it's a way to find me as scum e.g. being too confident in scumreading someone). sometimes I'll say "gut reads" or just "gut", it means mostly the same thing. here in my earlier presence in the thread I really was more about the vibes part of the venn diagram, because I was picking up on thread feel rather than how specific people felt
Defends talking about vibes

-
hi damo
- @bunny I say that wow you've been posting a lot since I posted about it, huh buddy
- @brain here's your content post, please chew and feel free to spit it out if it's unsatisfactory
- sort of on the "data" bit, I didn't consider it "data" in the way that I treat true mech. it was me expressing a gut/vibe/read on the situation. honestly now that I'm almost to current and Bunny is still locked on me about this, I'm beginning to think this is scum Bunny purposely breaking his meta and tunneling me D1 because gambler's fallacy that he would nk me N1 last game and then try to get me chopped D1 this game + he knows that he has to break his meta from last game or get caught since it's in everyone's memory

so uh ##VOTE BunnyGo
this was always going to just focus on bunny for some reason.
there was another page or two after this but I'm a little peeved so I think it's funnier to just let this rock and glare at bunny >:(
Why annoyed in all this? 14 hellos and a vote for bunny. I dont get it

BunnyGo

#609 Post by BunnyGo » Thu Jun 01, 2023 5:17 pm

BunnyGo wrote:
Thu Jun 01, 2023 5:00 pm
President Eden wrote:
Thu Jun 01, 2023 4:57 pm
BunnyGo wrote:
Thu Jun 01, 2023 4:52 pm

So what does confidence have to do with it?
Because if I have 7-8 people I’m never killing, 1-2 people I’m ambivalent about, and a pool of 4 left that I’m probably always flipping regardless because I have so many people I’m never killing, then in deciding who to shoot from among that pool, something like “well P has died D1 three games in a row and Q has been in the endgame all three times” might actually matter to me to some degree. I don’t know that I’d actually flip Q over P because of it, but it would be an open question because I’ve already mostly decided they’re both flipping anyway.

That requires a lot of confidence in the game state though, which I just don’t have right now. I got one shot I think is quite good, another that’s still good but less so (granted, I haven’t ready pyx’s catch-up post), some nulls and I think about 5/12 other players I wouldn’t shoot D1 but haven’t written off. Totally different situation.
7-8?! NEVER killing? How are you so confident in your reads?! While also saying “I have no confidence”
Ah. So I did.

But you keep saying these things ABOUT my mindset. And the approach for it seems off.

Hmm.

I’m happy with my vote still.

And ghug’s behavior during this feels townier. And I don’t THINK he’d do that just because I had been shading him before.

Fluminator

#610 Post by Fluminator » Thu Jun 01, 2023 5:17 pm

I was going to come in to vote Jamiet, but sadly he voted me first so now it looks like it's just an omgus.

oh well
##Vote Jamiet

pyxxy
Gold Donator
Gold Donator

#611 Post by pyxxy » Thu Jun 01, 2023 5:17 pm

like now Bunny is off on some Eden scumslip nonsense that ghug is entertaining for some reason and seems to have completely forgotten that I am 100% scum after I 1) showed back up in the thread and 2) actually engaged with him

maybe he was trying to break his meta but Bunny legitimately feels bad as a person for going for the back-to-back N1-D1 kills on me and so he's flaking here and moving elsewhere

BunnyGo

#612 Post by BunnyGo » Thu Jun 01, 2023 5:18 pm

pyxxy wrote:
Thu Jun 01, 2023 5:15 pm
idk I think I've been pretty clear about why I find bunny sus, bunny himself said that he can change up his meta and I think that's an honest answer

so it's WIFOM if he would say that or not as scum

if that gets me killed so be it 🤷 but I don't think he's obv town, not by a long shot
I would TOTALLY answer your questions as scum

BunnyGo

#613 Post by BunnyGo » Thu Jun 01, 2023 5:19 pm

pyxxy wrote:
Thu Jun 01, 2023 5:17 pm
like now Bunny is off on some Eden scumslip nonsense that ghug is entertaining for some reason and seems to have completely forgotten that I am 100% scum after I 1) showed back up in the thread and 2) actually engaged with him

maybe he was trying to break his meta but Bunny legitimately feels bad as a person for going for the back-to-back N1-D1 kills on me and so he's flaking here and moving elsewhere
I keep remembering I killed you N1 last game

brainbomb

#614 Post by brainbomb » Thu Jun 01, 2023 5:19 pm

short version

hi player
bozo is funny
hi player
hmm bunny is scummy

hi player
I dont use vibes I use v i b e s
hi player
bunny is scummy

hmm bunny might be pr hunting again
cites prior game

yea bunny is scum
votes bunny

gets mad

post ends

Jamiet99uk

#615 Post by Jamiet99uk » Thu Jun 01, 2023 5:20 pm

Fluminator wrote:
Thu Jun 01, 2023 5:17 pm
I was going to come in to vote Jamiet, but sadly he voted me first so now it looks like it's just an omgus.

oh well
##Vote Jamiet
Omgus.

Jamiet99uk

#616 Post by Jamiet99uk » Thu Jun 01, 2023 5:21 pm

People who responded positively enough to my baking survey:

Brainbomb: Beef wellington.
Jamiet99uk: Macaroni pie.
Ghug: Pâte à choux.
President Eden: Ly Knead.
BunnyGo: Pecan Pie.
Chaqa is going to bake himself.
Damo: Spotted dick.

People who responded very awkwardly to my baking survey
:

Bozotheclown.

People who acknowledged it but did not offer to bake anything:

Pyxxy.

People who did not respond at all:

Bonatogether
Fluminator
Rdrivera2005
Worcej

President Eden

#617 Post by President Eden » Thu Jun 01, 2023 5:21 pm

i read the catch-up post and i guess i’m not getting strong impressions from it either way

re: worc and easiest case… maybe. if something did bother me about it, it would be that two people joined it as a joke and have found reasons to stay on it, which is slightly incongruent. but I think Chaqa got it right that worc is just scum ducking and expecting/hoping the wagon goes away, so I’m not gonna worry about it for now. just seemed odd that he suddenly was at the top with so little discussion

re: bozo, I don’t get the scum motivation for his posts. just seems like he’s being targeted for being goofy or weird or whatever which is primo miskill bait

Fluminator

#618 Post by Fluminator » Thu Jun 01, 2023 5:22 pm

Jamiet99uk wrote:
Thu Jun 01, 2023 11:53 am
BonnyGu wrote:
Thu Jun 01, 2023 11:47 am
Jamiet99uk wrote:
Thu Jun 01, 2023 7:48 am

You are spamming the God Thread with analysis you have not been sharing here in the game thread?
Yes.

Deep thoughts.

Carefully crafted and quoted and picked apart thoughts.

Such as:

OMG SO OBV SCUM!!!
I am obv scum, am I ?
Jamiet is reading and reacting in a very defensive way based on his knee jerk reaction to this post that wasn't calling him obvscum.

His annoyances just seem really random this game too and I don't see the heart behind it.

Jamiet99uk

#619 Post by Jamiet99uk » Thu Jun 01, 2023 5:23 pm

Fluminator wrote:
Thu Jun 01, 2023 5:22 pm
Jamiet99uk wrote:
Thu Jun 01, 2023 11:53 am
BonnyGu wrote:
Thu Jun 01, 2023 11:47 am

Yes.

Deep thoughts.

Carefully crafted and quoted and picked apart thoughts.

Such as:

OMG SO OBV SCUM!!!
I am obv scum, am I ?
Jamiet is reading and reacting in a very defensive way based on his knee jerk reaction to this post that wasn't calling him obvscum.

His annoyances just seem really random this game too and I don't see the heart behind it.
You are bad at this game.

ghug
Bronze Donator
Bronze Donator

#620 Post by ghug » Thu Jun 01, 2023 5:23 pm

brainbomb wrote:
Thu Jun 01, 2023 5:05 pm
ghug wrote:
Thu Jun 01, 2023 5:03 pm
brainbomb wrote:
Thu Jun 01, 2023 4:55 pm
bunny is pretty obvious as town here. so once again pyxxy is positioned in a way that seems scummy
Is scumreading Bunny necessarily scummy if you don't know him that well, though?

I thought Pyxxy's effort and progression in the catch-up felt authentic.
quote the efforts and progressions by pyxxy you found authentic.
That one wall post. I particularly liked how he said he wasn't voting Bunny and then voted him a paragraph later. That's a weird thing to do if you're just being performative.