M80 Game Thread

If you have a game you want to play on the forum, you can do so here.
Forum rules
This is an area for forum games. Please note that to support mafia games players cannot edit their own posts in this forum. Off Topic threads will be relocated or deleted. Issues taking place in forum games should be dealt with by respective game GMs and escalated to the moderators only if absolutely necessary.
BunnyGo

Re: M80 Game Thread

#5001 Post by BunnyGo » Wed May 24, 2023 4:12 pm

sweetandcool wrote:
Tue May 23, 2023 6:48 pm
The case for ghug being Town:

During N2, ghug asks Haze to please convince them that they are town, because they feel they must vote Haze D3 and they don't like it.

Haze replies by clearly communicating (only to ghug) that they RB ghug: Link . You can continue with peterbot to see that Haze makes other very obvious comments. At this point, we can safely conclude that ghug knows that Haze RB ghug on N1 and consequently that Haze is captain.

So how do we explain Spy X's visit to Haze on N2? The most likely explanation is that it was clear to Mafia that Haze was some sort of PR and they wanted to figure out what they were.

Is there any explanation that makes sense for X to visit Haze, if his teammate ghug knows Haze is captain? Not really. There are two possibilities and they both make no sense.

1. X didn't log in on time to change their order from pointlessly scanning Haze.

REBUTTAL: X was active on the thread plenty after Haze outted themself to ghug. ghug would have had X adjust their action to be more useful.

2. Mafia wanted to verify Haze's role.

REBUTTAL: But there is absolutely no way ghug DIDN'T know Haze's role. This is pointless.
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

CONCLUSION: I can't believe I'm actually saying this, but the way N1 played out and ghug simultaneously being RB by Haze seems to have been a coincidence.

We absolutely need to find a new wagon. ##UNVOTE

(see ghug, this is why hammering is a stupid suggestion)
Ok…

So why are you voting yourself?

BunnyGo

#5002 Post by BunnyGo » Wed May 24, 2023 4:15 pm

@sweet have you ever played scum before?

brainbomb

#5003 Post by brainbomb » Wed May 24, 2023 4:17 pm

brainbomb
in a deductive reasoning crime solving game, explain the heuristic of a person who becomes frantic and will not stop harping about their talking points

ChatGPT
In a deductive reasoning crime solving game, the heuristic of a person who becomes frantic and fixates on their talking points can be described as the "Obsessive Bias" heuristic. This heuristic refers to the tendency of individuals to become overly fixated on a specific idea, argument, or piece of evidence, often to the point of disregarding alternative perspectives or evidence that may contradict their position.

The person exhibiting this heuristic might display the following characteristics:

Fixation: They are obsessed with a particular theory, piece of evidence, or argument related to the crime. They might repeat the same points over and over, often without considering alternative explanations or evidence.

Emotional Intensity: They become increasingly agitated or frantic as they continue to focus on their talking points. Their emotional state can impair their ability to consider other possibilities or objectively evaluate information.

Confirmation Bias: They selectively search for or interpret information that supports their preconceived ideas, while disregarding or dismissing contradictory evidence. This bias reinforces their fixation and can hinder their ability to engage in open-minded reasoning.

Tunnel Vision: They develop a narrow perspective, neglecting other relevant information or alternative theories. This tunnel vision limits their ability to explore different lines of inquiry or consider multiple hypotheses.

The presence of the Obsessive Bias heuristic can create challenges in a deductive reasoning crime-solving game. It can obstruct progress by diverting attention from other crucial aspects of the investigation, stifling collaboration, and potentially leading the team astray. Players must recognize this heuristic and find ways to address it, such as encouraging open-mindedness, facilitating balanced discussions, and providing counterarguments or contradictory evidence to challenge the fixated person's viewpoint.

sweetandcool

#5004 Post by sweetandcool » Wed May 24, 2023 4:19 pm

BunnyGo wrote:
Wed May 24, 2023 4:15 pm
@sweet have you ever played scum before?
This is my 2nd game. I played town last time and this game is turning out the same way. Last time town was so convinced I was Mafia, because of PR scan, that they were willing to vote me over resolving a CC claim battle between Eden and Bona (where Eden was obvious scum). Despite thinking I was guilty, Bona almost saved the day by being dramatic and self-voting because Bona knew resolving the CC made more sense. In the end, the wagons resolved in a tie, so it was only a partial success, but it finally clarified town against scum Eden who was voted the next day.

Now in this game I am stuck fighting a desperate battle to save someone who is extremely likely to be town. But I do not possess the silver tongue of President Eden and for some reason logic does not seem to resonate with town. At least, not when I'm talking.

sweetandcool

#5005 Post by sweetandcool » Wed May 24, 2023 4:20 pm

brainbomb wrote:
Wed May 24, 2023 4:17 pm
brainbomb
in a deductive reasoning crime solving game, explain the heuristic of a person who becomes frantic and will not stop harping about their talking points

ChatGPT
In a deductive reasoning crime solving game, the heuristic of a person who becomes frantic and fixates on their talking points can be described as the "Obsessive Bias" heuristic. This heuristic refers to the tendency of individuals to become overly fixated on a specific idea, argument, or piece of evidence, often to the point of disregarding alternative perspectives or evidence that may contradict their position.

The person exhibiting this heuristic might display the following characteristics:

Fixation: They are obsessed with a particular theory, piece of evidence, or argument related to the crime. They might repeat the same points over and over, often without considering alternative explanations or evidence.

Emotional Intensity: They become increasingly agitated or frantic as they continue to focus on their talking points. Their emotional state can impair their ability to consider other possibilities or objectively evaluate information.

Confirmation Bias: They selectively search for or interpret information that supports their preconceived ideas, while disregarding or dismissing contradictory evidence. This bias reinforces their fixation and can hinder their ability to engage in open-minded reasoning.

Tunnel Vision: They develop a narrow perspective, neglecting other relevant information or alternative theories. This tunnel vision limits their ability to explore different lines of inquiry or consider multiple hypotheses.

The presence of the Obsessive Bias heuristic can create challenges in a deductive reasoning crime-solving game. It can obstruct progress by diverting attention from other crucial aspects of the investigation, stifling collaboration, and potentially leading the team astray. Players must recognize this heuristic and find ways to address it, such as encouraging open-mindedness, facilitating balanced discussions, and providing counterarguments or contradictory evidence to challenge the fixated person's viewpoint.
Pretty rich coming from the tunneler king himself.

brainbomb

#5006 Post by brainbomb » Wed May 24, 2023 4:21 pm

I was posting this about myself sweet

sweetandcool

#5007 Post by sweetandcool » Wed May 24, 2023 4:21 pm

brainbomb wrote:
Wed May 24, 2023 4:21 pm
I was posting this about myself sweet
Pretty rich coming from sweetandcool :P

damo666

#5008 Post by damo666 » Wed May 24, 2023 4:23 pm

BunnyGo wrote:
Wed May 24, 2023 4:08 pm
sweetandcool wrote:
Wed May 24, 2023 4:04 pm
brainbomb wrote:
Wed May 24, 2023 3:59 pm
A was that a driver was used to protect dousing in the event of a cop scan because dousing is scum here.

B was that bunny is very busy and never switched the jail off me onto eden

C was that xcution or jamie caused drama in scumchat and there was a fight of some sort on how to use actions which resulted in players going rogue and disregarding the teams advice.

D was technical difficulties due to a scumteam in radically different timezones, rdr in brazil, jamie in UK, fox in USA, xcution in where excutioners come from and the scumteam never got to connect enough to put down a concrete plan.
I really don't think Mafia uses drive N1, but I guess that's as much as personal opinion as the current town position that Mafia played N1 poorly.

Otherwise, those are all possible. We do tend to fall into the trap of thinking Mafia is hyper-competent and hyper-cooperative with each other, and hyper-communicative.

I see a lot of logic going around that simultaneously attributes Mafia to being near perfect, as well as being practically stupid. It's really frustrating.
We know Fox and X are experienced. Hence they MUST be largely competent.

We know several other players here are not. Hence possibly stupid. we also know some experienced players screw up with scum play (brain has famously screwed it up before…shit. I can’t reread him now, @damo if brain is making sense to me is that a scum tell of his? Or does it mean I’m finally listening right?)
brain just confuses me to be honest

damo666

#5009 Post by damo666 » Wed May 24, 2023 4:24 pm

Jamiet99uk wrote:
Wed May 24, 2023 3:58 pm
What is going on here?

Is sweetandcool just massively frustrated scum?

Or is he just a mad person?

##Vote Sweetandcool

This looks like a Mafia Meltdown.
This looks very much like an opportunistic scumvote

brainbomb

#5010 Post by brainbomb » Wed May 24, 2023 4:25 pm

In a deductive reasoning crime solving game how would a guilty persons behavior change when suddenly they start to become suspected

ChatGPT
When a guilty person starts to become suspected in a deductive reasoning crime-solving game, their behavior may change in several ways. Here are some possible behavioral changes you could consider incorporating into the game:

Heightened Alertness: The guilty person may become more vigilant and observant of their surroundings, paying closer attention to who is investigating the case or discussing suspicious activities. They might appear more on edge and easily startled.

Defensiveness: As suspicion falls on them, the guilty person may become defensive and try to deflect attention away from themselves. They might become argumentative or evasive when questioned, attempting to cast doubt on the evidence or accuse others instead.

Alibi Development: The guilty person might hastily fabricate an alibi or modify their existing alibi to account for the suspicions against them. They could try to find witnesses or create false evidence to support their claims.

Social Withdrawal: Feeling the pressure of being suspected, the guilty person may withdraw from social interactions to avoid further scrutiny. They might isolate themselves, avoid eye contact, or exhibit signs of anxiety or nervousness when interacting with others.

Inconsistencies: As the game progresses and more evidence is uncovered, the guilty person may exhibit inconsistencies in their statements or actions. Their explanations might not align with the evidence or change over time as they attempt to cover their tracks.

Increased Surveillance: The guilty person might become more vigilant about their own behavior, constantly watching for any signs that could potentially incriminate them. They may be more cautious about their movements, interactions, and activities to avoid arousing further suspicion.

Attempts to Manipulate: The guilty person may resort to manipulation tactics, such as attempting to charm or deceive others, in an effort to convince them of their innocence or shift the focus onto someone else. They might try to be overly cooperative or provide false leads to mislead investigators.

Heightened Stress and Anxiety: The guilt weighing on the individual may lead to increased stress levels and anxiety. They might display signs of nervousness, such as fidgeting, sweating, or avoiding direct eye contact, as they struggle to maintain their composure.

It's important to note that these behaviors are just possibilities and can vary depending on the individual and the specific circumstances of the game. Incorporating these changes into the gameplay can add depth and intrigue, making the deduction process more challenging and engaging for the players.

This is you sweet

damo666

#5011 Post by damo666 » Wed May 24, 2023 4:25 pm

##vote Jamie

sweetandcool

#5012 Post by sweetandcool » Wed May 24, 2023 4:28 pm

damo666 wrote:
Wed May 24, 2023 4:24 pm
Jamiet99uk wrote:
What is going on here?

##Vote Sweetandcool

I was going to point it out, but I wanted to see how things developed. This really puts Jamiet at the top of my list.

damo666

#5013 Post by damo666 » Wed May 24, 2023 4:31 pm

sweetandcool wrote:
Wed May 24, 2023 4:28 pm
damo666 wrote:
Wed May 24, 2023 4:24 pm
Jamiet99uk wrote:
What is going on here?

##Vote Sweetandcool

I was going to point it out, but I wanted to see how things developed. This really puts Jamiet at the top of my list.
Vote him then!

brainbomb

#5014 Post by brainbomb » Wed May 24, 2023 4:31 pm

can I help articulate anything? what are you confused on

damo666

#5015 Post by damo666 » Wed May 24, 2023 4:33 pm

I think we should vote Jamie today and if he flips town vote ghug tomorrow.

If Jamie flips scum then Bunny 2m.

Jamiet99uk

#5016 Post by Jamiet99uk » Wed May 24, 2023 4:34 pm

someone wrote:
Wed May 24, 2023 4:31 pm
Why did you delete the name so it's not clear who you're responding to?
There are decades where nothing happens, and there are weeks where decades happen. - Lenin.

damo666

#5017 Post by damo666 » Wed May 24, 2023 4:35 pm

Jamiet99uk wrote:
Wed May 24, 2023 4:34 pm
someone wrote:
Wed May 24, 2023 4:31 pm
Why did you delete the name so it's not clear who you're responding to?
He's not responding to anything. He's extracting a comment from my reply to Bunny

Jamiet99uk

#5018 Post by Jamiet99uk » Wed May 24, 2023 4:36 pm

damo666 wrote:
Wed May 24, 2023 4:33 pm
I think we should vote Jamie today and if he flips town vote ghug tomorrow.

If Jamie flips scum then Bunny 2m.
I'm just responding to Sweetandcool's performative nonsense.

Your pool is me, Ghug, Bungo?

Everyone else is clear in your eyes now?
There are decades where nothing happens, and there are weeks where decades happen. - Lenin.

brainbomb

#5019 Post by brainbomb » Wed May 24, 2023 4:37 pm

damo,
I just wondered if there was something I could sum up more simply or provide more background on for you. happy to do so if there is a way I can make this easy

sweetandcool

#5020 Post by sweetandcool » Wed May 24, 2023 4:37 pm

##VOTE Jamiet for being the most scummy. They've seemed off the whole game, but not so much that I could read them as Mafia. But they've fallen for the trap that I laid after brainbomb started tunneling on me. Jamiet is really going for the opportunistic scumvote here.

It feels great to finally have a suspect that I feel good about :D