M80 Game Thread

If you have a game you want to play on the forum, you can do so here.
Forum rules
This is an area for forum games. Please note that to support mafia games players cannot edit their own posts in this forum. Off Topic threads will be relocated or deleted. Issues taking place in forum games should be dealt with by respective game GMs and escalated to the moderators only if absolutely necessary.
brainbomb

Re: M80 Game Thread

#4681 Post by brainbomb » Tue May 23, 2023 5:40 pm

It reminds me of the one republic song all the right moves

All the right moves in all the right places
so yea were going down

brainbomb

#4682 Post by brainbomb » Tue May 23, 2023 5:42 pm

Youre always in the right place saying the right thing at the right time

sweetandcool

#4683 Post by sweetandcool » Tue May 23, 2023 5:43 pm

Alright, I have been feeling a bit burned out, but I'm motivated to do a little mor e analysis. I will be looking into ghug and seeing if I can make a case for us not chopping them today. And I'll probably follow that with a case for why we shouldn't hesitate to chop ghug today.

Or maybe I'll do both at once, my arguments tend to form as I write :P

rdrivera2005
Gold Donator
Gold Donator

#4684 Post by rdrivera2005 » Tue May 23, 2023 5:44 pm

ghug wrote:
Tue May 23, 2023 5:16 pm
Ok then do me a favor and imagine town ghug for a second. Whose reaction here is most out of character?
I think your wagon is completely town, so I can't see any out of character reaction here.

Bunny reaction is the weirdest, he completely ignored Haze and Ghug thing.

sweetandcool

#4685 Post by sweetandcool » Tue May 23, 2023 5:45 pm

ghug wrote:
Tue May 23, 2023 5:27 pm
brainbomb wrote:
Tue May 23, 2023 5:18 pm
ghug wrote:
Tue May 23, 2023 4:16 pm

I felt like the X flip raised Dousing's scum stock a lot, and I've been unimpressed with Kak's recent play. I think it's pretty likely one scum would vote off of me today because they know I'm town and it wouldn't be as obvious to them how scummy I'd look here in town's eyes.
sweet seems to think the xflip makes dousing a clear. you think it raises dousings scum equity. Why does foxcastle bus dousing day 1?

bozotheclown (5): Kakarroto, pyxxy, Jamiet99uk, Dousing, President Eden
Dousing (5): rdrivera2005, bozotheclown, damo666, worcej, Foxcastle
President Eden (3): Bonatogether, BunnyGo, ghug
Xcution (1): sweetandcool
Jamiet99uk (1): brainbomb

If fox chooses to bus dousing- over voting bozo then wouldnt this imply the last two scum are already on bozo?
Sorry, that should say town stock. Dousing was my top scumread pre-X, now he's more level with Kak.

"Clear" feels like pretty strong wording from sweet there, but I attribute that to inexperience.
I should have said "Clear for now". Unless something dramatic changes, I don't think Dousing should be a candidate for a DK today or tomorrow, at the very least.

sweetandcool

#4686 Post by sweetandcool » Tue May 23, 2023 5:46 pm

brainbomb wrote:
Tue May 23, 2023 5:42 pm
Youre always in the right place saying the right thing at the right time
Me? If so, I'm flattered 8-)

sweetandcool

#4687 Post by sweetandcool » Tue May 23, 2023 5:53 pm

@brainbomb

If you have any more mechanical speculations, please refer to my post which is untainted by speculation and simply lists what we absolute know:

http://webdiplomacy.net/contrib/phpBB3/ ... 02#p345202

sweetandcool

#4688 Post by sweetandcool » Tue May 23, 2023 5:59 pm

I just thought of something:

On N2, when President Eden died, they probably did some action.

If I understand correctly, if President Eden used their delayer ability, then it would have actually gone through before they were killed.

It seems a lot more likely, however, that they used their informant ability, which makes no difference on the game state.

Just something to keep in mind, I don't think there is any evidence of a delay, and it probably isn't helpful to us anyways.

ghug
Bronze Donator
Bronze Donator

#4689 Post by ghug » Tue May 23, 2023 6:04 pm

sweetandcool wrote:
Tue May 23, 2023 5:35 pm
brainbomb wrote:
Tue May 23, 2023 5:07 pm
The one thing I would say is a possible scumtell from you is that anything there has been an argument youve always been trying to break up the fights, always concluding everyone involved is town vs town. And in each situation that involved me, you seemed to agree with the person I was arguing with. It always felt a little strange that you could identify with Eden and Jamie when their talking points were failing a bit, and the things I was arguing were substantively valid.

It is something I havent forgotten. Maybe thats your way of pocketing people. just a thought here.
Hmmm, have I always concluded these arguments are Town vs Town? Maybe, but if so it's a coincidence, since I'm also aware that arguments like X vs sweetandcool and Eden vs brainbomb tend to be read as Town vs Town.

I think just my personality form IRL is bleeding into the game. I tend to be a bit of a mediator/translator. I just see people misunderstanding each other left and right, and I get so frustrated I can't help but butt in and try to resolve the miscommunication. I'm actually trying to work on not doing that (in Mafia games), because I think sometimes people are misunderstanding on purpose as a form of bait, and I might be wrong about it anyways.

Have I always sided with the person that you are arguing with? It's possible. I think frequently you are hard to understand, and you do frequently misunderstand others, so I could see that being the case.

As far as President Eden vs brainbomb goes, you kept trying to demonstrate understanding of what President Eden was saying by trying to say it in your own words. Unfortunately, you kept inserting inaccuracies into you conclusions about President Eden's thoughts. So I "sided: with President Eden in the sense that I understood their frustration. The argument itself seemed unimportant and I've already forgotten it.
He was talking about me lol.

ghug
Bronze Donator
Bronze Donator

#4690 Post by ghug » Tue May 23, 2023 6:05 pm

Oh or maybe he wasn't?

sweetandcool

#4691 Post by sweetandcool » Tue May 23, 2023 6:07 pm

ghug wrote:
Tue May 23, 2023 6:04 pm
sweetandcool wrote:
Tue May 23, 2023 5:35 pm
brainbomb wrote:
Tue May 23, 2023 5:07 pm
The one thing I would say is a possible scumtell from you is that anything there has been an argument youve always been trying to break up the fights, always concluding everyone involved is town vs town. And in each situation that involved me, you seemed to agree with the person I was arguing with. It always felt a little strange that you could identify with Eden and Jamie when their talking points were failing a bit, and the things I was arguing were substantively valid.

It is something I havent forgotten. Maybe thats your way of pocketing people. just a thought here.
Text
He was talking about me lol.
It's hard for me to tell because brainbomb's previous post was directed at me.

Well then, let's consider this a town-tell, shall we? (:

sweetandcool

#4692 Post by sweetandcool » Tue May 23, 2023 6:08 pm

ghug wrote:
Tue May 23, 2023 6:05 pm
Oh or maybe he wasn't?
I think I've just made up a rule in regards to brainbomb:

If they don't quote or specify who they are talking to, I'm just going to pretend they aren't talking to me.

brainbomb

#4693 Post by brainbomb » Tue May 23, 2023 6:21 pm

Could Sweetandcool be mafia here:

A case, by beancomb

Firstly, I thought of this while taking my phone screen to be fixed. it was broken while working on my stair railings saturday and it cracked the whole screen. I find that my case building ability has been much better using a computer lately as well. So this should be pretty cleanly organized.

The three arguments I have for why sweetandcool is mafia have nothing to do with ghug and I will try to refrain from making sweeping team combos here when doing this. I am less interested in who sweet is scum with and more interested in seeing if I have any logical argument here.

1. Sweet and Xcution was scum theatre all along.
In order to prove this, it has to have something that maybe hints there is any reason to think this is possible. Which there is.
Xcution wrote:
Tue May 16, 2023 1:01 am
sweetandcool wrote:
Mon May 15, 2023 10:01 pm
Jamiet99uk wrote:
Mon May 15, 2023 9:26 pm

Then TALK ABOUT YOUR REASON FOR SAYING I SCUMCLAIMED.

I am already getting sick of asking you.
Chill, it's D1. Bona does this every game. I got worked up about it last game, but then I realized Bona was just having a laugh.
Is there a reason why you feel the need to play referee so early in the game?
Xcution wrote:
Tue May 16, 2023 1:08 am
sweetandcool wrote:
Mon May 15, 2023 11:33 pm
Kakarroto wrote:
Mon May 15, 2023 11:23 pm
ah well, lets let that rest for now ...

sweet, what do you think of Naughty Adam (aka Eden) in this game? Anything particular you liked or didn't like?

why do you think Bunny doesn't post even when he clearly is reading?

what are your thoughts about how ghug and jamie bounce off each other here?
Not much to say about ghug and Jamiet, both seemed normal. Well, actually I don't know what is normal for ghug.

Has Eden even posted anything of note yet? I will consult peterbot in a while.
How many games have you played with ghug and Jamie? Calling slots normal feels like a pretty easy escape goat.
Xcution wrote:
Tue May 16, 2023 1:27 am
brainbomb wrote:
Tue May 16, 2023 1:22 am
Im getting more of vibe from xcution of an angsty “I gotta show off my hunting and intellectual skills because im a hawk”

as opposed too im gonna come hard at my scum partners to distance. so let me bash on sweetandcool and make it look like we arent a team
Scum chat will be happy to know that I've successfully distanced from Sweet without making us look like partners.
What we already know is that xcution was open wolfing, and was mafia. We also know that if sweet is mafia, this statement become reality.

Looking at the interactions, xcution could be coming into this whole thing trying to unscripted-unrehearsed create this massive distance between the two of them.

Counter arguments: Why would mafia openly talk to their own mafia partners in the thread? especially on day one?
Xcution wrote:
Tue May 16, 2023 1:28 am
Foxcastle wrote:
Xcution wrote:
Tue May 16, 2023 1:17 am

You love my questions but Bona hates them; that's quite the contrast of opening opinions on my slot. Do YOU care to explain why you like my questions?

I've played a game or two of forum Mafia.
At this point, I’ll take pretty much anything over the shitposting.

Have you played as town? As scum? Did you win? Have you played with anyone here?
My dude, I am a ten year plus vet, I've done and seen it all.

Just played with ghug and Haze in G1 of Champs. Won as town there (the three of us did).
We have already established that xcution has no problem talking to scum mates day 1, as he already did so with fox on four seperate interactions. So the thought here is, if I plan to openly talk to one scum partner, why not also talk to multiple?

this next series of posts is extremely large wall battles between sweet.
viewtopic.php?p=341750&sid=dcc11ad3e90a ... 3f#p341750

At the core of this argument sweet and xcution argue about following a script.

"There hasn't been a list of questions here, Sweet, this isn't a scripted performance. I have commented on what I haven't liked and all you have said in response is that you're tired of people harping on your newness and then voting me.

It's obvious to everybody why you're voting me? Please show me where this universal understanding is because I don't see it at all nor do I understand it; you voted me after I called you out and that's the only reason."

This fight gets very anger driven and lacks substance. It seems to me this argument comes about because myself and eden started a fight in the game thread and these two saw it and decided (or xcution decided) hey thats a good way to get townread. most people thinks fights are town vs town

So this portion establishes the motive for a fake scum theatre fight.
viewtopic.php?p=342002&sid=6b971930f411 ... 6e#p342002

The fight continues with both, elevating the size of the posts with equal effort and once again the arguments themselves are very long and it turns into a jumble that I still have a hard time following.

Argument 2.
Sweet is always of the right answer, at all the right times and looks good in doing so.
Was right about eden vs brainbomb
Was right about xcution being scum before anyone was really thinking it
Was right about voting xcution before damo had even scanned there
Was right potentially about ghug being roleblocked and was first to react when haze claims. Which if scum, sweet would know is coming eventually and sets up sweet to be the first to posit the concept.

Argument 3
Sweet has not actually pushed anyone other than xcution this game, for any real reason. We have not seen any townreads or attempts to post a view of gamestate. Everything has always been the sweet vs xcution show up to this point.

brainbomb

#4694 Post by brainbomb » Tue May 23, 2023 6:25 pm

theres already a few chuckleheads in god thread saying brainbomb has it, but hes totally gonna give up on it.

##Vote sweetandcool

ghug
Bronze Donator
Bronze Donator

#4695 Post by ghug » Tue May 23, 2023 6:35 pm

rdrivera2005 wrote:
Tue May 23, 2023 5:44 pm
ghug wrote:
Tue May 23, 2023 5:16 pm
Ok then do me a favor and imagine town ghug for a second. Whose reaction here is most out of character?
I think your wagon is completely town, so I can't see any out of character reaction here.

Bunny reaction is the weirdest, he completely ignored Haze and Ghug thing.
You're not at all bothered by Jamie?

ghug
Bronze Donator
Bronze Donator

#4696 Post by ghug » Tue May 23, 2023 6:40 pm

brainbomb wrote:
Tue May 23, 2023 6:21 pm

A case, by beancomb

Firstly, I thought of this while taking my phone screen to be fixed. it was broken while working on my stair railings saturday and it cracked the whole screen. I find that my case building ability has been much better using a computer lately as well. So this should be pretty cleanly organized.

The three arguments I have for why sweetandcool is mafia have nothing to do with ghug and I will try to refrain from making sweeping team combos here when doing this. I am less interested in who sweet is scum with and more interested in seeing if I have any logical argument here.

In order to prove this, it has to have something that maybe hints there is any reason to think this is possible. Which there is.
Xcution wrote:
sweetandcool wrote:

Chill, it's D1. Bona does this every game. I got worked up about it last game, but then I realized Bona was just having a laugh.
Xcution wrote:
sweetandcool wrote:

Not much to say about ghug and Jamiet, both seemed normal. Well, actually I don't know what is normal for ghug.

How many games have you played with ghug and Jamie? Calling slots normal feels like a pretty easy escape goat.
Xcution wrote:
brainbomb wrote:
Im getting more of vibe from xcution of an angsty “I gotta show off my hunting and intellectual skills because im a hawk”

as opposed too im gonna come hard at my scum partners to distance. so let me bash on sweetandcool and make it look like we arent a team
Scum chat will be happy to know that I've successfully distanced from Sweet without making us look like partners.
What we already know is that xcution was open wolfing, and was mafia. We also know that if sweet is mafia, this statement become reality.

Looking at the interactions, xcution could be coming into this whole thing trying to unscripted-unrehearsed create this massive distance between the two of them.

Counter arguments: Why would mafia openly talk to their own mafia partners in the thread? especially on day one?
Xcution wrote:
Foxcastle wrote:

Have you played as town? As scum? Did you win? Have you played with anyone here?

Just played with ghug and Haze in G1 of Champs. Won as town there (the three of us did).
We have already established that xcution has no problem talking to scum mates day 1, as he already did so with fox on four seperate interactions. So the thought here is, if I plan to openly talk to one scum partner, why not also talk to multiple?

"There hasn't been a list of questions here, Sweet, this isn't a scripted performance. I have commented on what I haven't liked and all you have said in response is that you're tired of people harping on your newness and then voting me.

It's obvious to everybody why you're voting me? Please show me where this universal understanding is because I don't see it at all nor do I understand it; you voted me after I called you out and that's the only reason."

This fight gets very anger driven and lacks substance. It seems to me this argument comes about because myself and eden started a fight in the game thread and these two saw it and decided (or xcution decided) hey thats a good way to get townread. most people thinks fights are town vs town

The fight continues with both, elevating the size of the posts with equal effort and once again the arguments themselves are very long and it turns into a jumble that I still have a hard time following.

Argument 2.
Sweet is always of the right answer, at all the right times and looks good in doing so.
Was right potentially about ghug being roleblocked and was first to react when haze claims. Which if scum, sweet would know is coming eventually and sets up sweet to be the first to posit the concept.

Argument 3
Sweet has not actually pushed anyone other than xcution this game, for any real reason. We have not seen any townreads or attempts to post a view of gamestate. Everything has always been the sweet vs xcution show up to this point.
Didn't we establish that Americans using British spellings was scummy? Burn down the theatre!

Where did sweet suggest he knew I was roleblocked before Haze claimed?

brainbomb

#4697 Post by brainbomb » Tue May 23, 2023 6:46 pm

regardless of whether sweet is scum with ghug or not, the key takeaway is being first to vote on you ghug. if they are scum with you they already would want to be first to mention that worcej wasnt jailed N1.

if they arent scum with you then they never knew you were roleblocked N1, thus giving them a really easy miskill to push.

sweetandcool

#4698 Post by sweetandcool » Tue May 23, 2023 6:48 pm

The case for ghug being Town:

During N2, ghug asks Haze to please convince them that they are town, because they feel they must vote Haze D3 and they don't like it.

Haze replies by clearly communicating (only to ghug) that they RB ghug: Link . You can continue with peterbot to see that Haze makes other very obvious comments. At this point, we can safely conclude that ghug knows that Haze RB ghug on N1 and consequently that Haze is captain.

So how do we explain Spy X's visit to Haze on N2? The most likely explanation is that it was clear to Mafia that Haze was some sort of PR and they wanted to figure out what they were.

Is there any explanation that makes sense for X to visit Haze, if his teammate ghug knows Haze is captain? Not really. There are two possibilities and they both make no sense.

1. X didn't log in on time to change their order from pointlessly scanning Haze.

REBUTTAL: X was active on the thread plenty after Haze outted themself to ghug. ghug would have had X adjust their action to be more useful.

2. Mafia wanted to verify Haze's role.

REBUTTAL: But there is absolutely no way ghug DIDN'T know Haze's role. This is pointless.
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

CONCLUSION: I can't believe I'm actually saying this, but the way N1 played out and ghug simultaneously being RB by Haze seems to have been a coincidence.

We absolutely need to find a new wagon. ##UNVOTE

(see ghug, this is why hammering is a stupid suggestion)

sweetandcool

#4699 Post by sweetandcool » Tue May 23, 2023 6:49 pm

brainbomb wrote:
Tue May 23, 2023 6:21 pm

A case, by beancomb

Xcution wrote:
sweetandcool wrote:

Xcution wrote:
sweetandcool wrote:

Xcution wrote:
brainbomb wrote:

Xcution wrote:
Foxcastle wrote:

Argument 2.

Argument 3
Spicy! We were both cooking big cases. I will now read your case and see what you are saying.

brainbomb

#4700 Post by brainbomb » Tue May 23, 2023 6:56 pm

I am looking at your vote history and through three days of play youve only ever voted bunny, bona, ghug, xcution and fox.

2 of which ultimately were mechanically outted individuals.
sweetandcool wrote:
Mon May 15, 2023 10:04 pm
Honestly, I'm still not sure how D1 works (this is my 2nd game). I will stick with my basic strategy of RNG, and I will try not to get as worked up as I did last game on D1.

My RNG this game is post number. This is post 69 and consequently I will:

##VOTE Bonatogether
this was an RNG choice according to this.
sweetandcool wrote:
Tue May 16, 2023 2:00 am
Honestly, I am sick of a BunnyGo no-speak. Come on, sober up your parrot and get talking.

Or else, ##VOTE BunnyGo

this was a non poster.
then everything after this was all xcution and fox. until the ghug vote.

Curious who do you see most likely as the last two scum.