M80 Game Thread

If you have a game you want to play on the forum, you can do so here.
Forum rules
This is an area for forum games. Please note that to support mafia games players cannot edit their own posts in this forum. Off Topic threads will be relocated or deleted. Issues taking place in forum games should be dealt with by respective game GMs and escalated to the moderators only if absolutely necessary.
Kakarroto

Re: M80 Game Thread

#3381 Post by Kakarroto » Sat May 20, 2023 1:16 am

ohh, bunny, you upvoted edens post, so are you here?

have you read all of the game?

BunnyGo

#3382 Post by BunnyGo » Sat May 20, 2023 1:17 am

Kakarroto wrote:
Sat May 20, 2023 1:16 am

Yes

No...working on it

Kakarroto

#3383 Post by Kakarroto » Sat May 20, 2023 1:20 am

BunnyGo wrote:
Sat May 20, 2023 1:17 am
Kakarroto wrote:

Yes

No...working on it
hmm, I guess it's a strange out of timeline reading thing? I don't think it's a good idea to do that, except in fringe cases when at EoD or so and you didn't have time before to read all. Anyway, I'm very interested in your thoughts about what happened, so if you're ready to share, just say so.

BunnyGo

#3384 Post by BunnyGo » Sat May 20, 2023 1:22 am

Kakarroto wrote:
Sat May 20, 2023 1:20 am
BunnyGo wrote:
Kakarroto wrote:

Yes

No...working on it
hmm, I guess it's a strange out of timeline reading thing? I don't think it's a good idea to do that, except in fringe cases when at EoD or so and you didn't have time before to read all. Anyway, I'm very interested in your thoughts about what happened, so if you're ready to share, just say so.
It's how I always do it; I value live interactions more, so I'm rereading in the bot, and occasionally refreshing here to interact.

Kakarroto

#3385 Post by Kakarroto » Sat May 20, 2023 1:26 am

BunnyGo wrote:
Sat May 20, 2023 1:22 am
Kakarroto wrote:
BunnyGo wrote:

Yes

No...working on it
It's how I always do it; I value live interactions more, so I'm rereading in the bot, and occasionally refreshing here to interact.
that explains a lot. Err I mean, what do you think then of fox's fascination with your upvotes. He seemed quite annoyed by you doing that, though then he proceeded to townread you (and questioned worcejs PR claim). If it would've been someone else than you, how would you see that?

I, as I said, lean towards that it looks a bit more like as if you were partner in crime there. Or do you think fox did fake all that?

BunnyGo

#3386 Post by BunnyGo » Sat May 20, 2023 1:35 am

Kakarroto wrote:
Sat May 20, 2023 1:26 am
BunnyGo wrote:
Kakarroto wrote:

that explains a lot. Err I mean, what do you think then of fox's fascination with your upvotes. He seemed quite annoyed by you doing that, though then he proceeded to townread you (and questioned worcejs PR claim). If it would've been someone else than you, how would you see that?

I, as I said, lean towards that it looks a bit more like as if you were partner in crime there. Or do you think fox did fake all that?
I noticed it (obv...he talk about ME). It seemed genuine in the sense that he seemed honestly miffed by it (the "angry" post is not something I think of him randomly throwing in). I also tried upvoting almost every post talking about me just as an "I see you" thing. This in addition to upvoting the posts that were saying roughly what I was thinking.

In retrospect, it's an easy to talk about thing to appear to be hunting. Even leaves it with an easy to "change his mind about" later. as in "Oh...Bunny seemed scummy and weird for a bit, but that all makes sense and now that I've sussed him for a bit, now I'll reasonably change my mind."

I have no idea why he questioned worcej's claim.

BunnyGo

#3387 Post by BunnyGo » Sat May 20, 2023 1:41 am

I just got to the Dousing self vote...

Did you play with him last game?

President Eden

#3388 Post by President Eden » Sat May 20, 2023 1:45 am

BunnyGo wrote:
Sat May 20, 2023 1:41 am
I just got to the Dousing self vote...

Did you play with him last game?
yea.

this is wildly different imo

Dousing

#3389 Post by Dousing » Sat May 20, 2023 1:46 am

Kakarroto wrote:
Sat May 20, 2023 12:09 am
hello dousing, how are you?

what do you think of fox having talked a fair bit about you?
Hiya, no I'm all good. I've just been unmotivated w the game for some reason :P I don't have many ideas that haven't been already talked about.

Also I have the same problem as Bona in that I'll just leave a Webdip tab open bc I can and not realize that other people can just see that I'm "online".

[P.S mfw I go from getting townlocked in my first game to one of the top wagons in the second.]

Dousing

#3390 Post by Dousing » Sat May 20, 2023 1:46 am

Dousing wrote:
Sat May 20, 2023 1:46 am
Kakarroto wrote:

Hiya, no I'm all good. I've just been unmotivated w the game for some reason :P I don't have many ideas that haven't been already talked about.

Also I have the same problem as Bona in that I'll just leave a Webdip tab open bc I can and not realize that other people can just see that I'm "online".

[P.S mfw I go from getting townlocked in my first game to one of the top wagons in the second.]
I'll read over a few things and write them all out

Bonatogether

#3391 Post by Bonatogether » Sat May 20, 2023 1:47 am

Dousing wrote:
Sat May 20, 2023 1:46 am
Kakarroto wrote:

you played differently in your first to your second

mfw different input results in different output

Kakarroto

#3392 Post by Kakarroto » Sat May 20, 2023 1:47 am

BunnyGo wrote:
Sat May 20, 2023 1:35 am
Kakarroto wrote:
BunnyGo wrote:

I noticed it (obv...he talk about ME). It seemed genuine in the sense that he seemed honestly miffed by it (the "angry" post is not something I think of him randomly throwing in). I also tried upvoting almost every post talking about me just as an "I see you" thing. This in addition to upvoting the posts that were saying roughly what I was thinking.

In retrospect, it's an easy to talk about thing to appear to be hunting. Even leaves it with an easy to "change his mind about" later. as in "Oh...Bunny seemed scummy and weird for a bit, but that all makes sense and now that I've sussed him for a bit, now I'll reasonably change my mind."

Hmm, yes, that could be it, sure enough.

Do you remember that I asked you before to give me three people you would shoot (excluding fox)? I asked some more people about it. All the ones I did consider in my personal PoE (although two of them a bit higher but I wanted to include them still since I was unsure).

this were the answers they gave:
dousing (eden bona ghug) [post 2652 page 133 for reasons]
Bunny DID ANSWER (RD haze sweet)
damo did answer later (fox dousing haze)
RD did answer later (dousing haze because mafia bona because not readable)
X DID ANSWER (sweet jamie kak. maybe haze and ghug; NOT shoot brain or damo) [follows up with dousing getting bumped up because of the fox positive post]
fox didn't answer

brain did answer even while not asked (jamie ghug bona)

I did count damo's fox entry because I needed to ask him a second time and forgot to exclude fox there, so that's that.

Anyway, the result was this:
3: bona haze dousing
2: ghug sweet jamie
1: eden RD fox kak

quite nice right? Well, surprisingly, there were no votes for you, bunny, damo or X ... and that kept me thinking. In this list there should be the majority, if not all, mafia. Yet no votes for you three, even when they were in my post and people subconsciously were reminded of your names. But instead a vote for eden ... even two for ghug and jamie, which are green in edens (and mine) reads ...

and I think, between you three, the chance of hitting mafia is extremely high ... not with those who got many votes (and I even would veto bona and sweet here which I townread ... well a little bit of doubt has formed for bona, but surly not enough to consider him right now).

Additionally, you, bunny, and X were often a topic for fox. That is a lot of coincidence, I think ...

BunnyGo

#3393 Post by BunnyGo » Sat May 20, 2023 1:50 am

Kakarroto wrote:
Thu May 18, 2023 11:30 pm
President Eden wrote:
Thu May 18, 2023 11:26 pm
Kakarroto wrote:
Thu May 18, 2023 11:24 pm

fair, though a bit disappointing

then, how about this: if you had a scan N1 that would go through, who would've you had scanned?
Foxcastle unironically

I was going to use Informant power on him until brain brought up using Vote Doubler as a self-confirming tool
hmm, thanks

@everyone I would really appreciate if everyone would put their thoughts to my 'mafia-action'-post (like worcej and eden did), maybe if you are spicy add who you would've scanned N1

thanks in advance!
I'm sure this has been discussed to death. But I think it's surprising they didn't go for worcej--either to jail (they have so many) or kill. So...there's no reason to pocket a power. Everything was used, because otherwise they at least jail worcej. What else are their jails for--self protection? Maybe...but not with an outed PR.

I like to scan people that aren't widely sussed not widely townread; someone I'm concerned about going deep. Probably would have done HaZe.

Kakarroto

#3394 Post by Kakarroto » Sat May 20, 2023 1:54 am

BunnyGo wrote:
Sat May 20, 2023 1:50 am
Kakarroto wrote:
President Eden wrote:
Thu May 18, 2023 11:26 pm

Foxcastle unironically

I was going to use Informant power on him until brain brought up using Vote Doubler as a self-confirming tool
hmm, thanks

@everyone I would really appreciate if everyone would put their thoughts to my 'mafia-action'-post (like worcej and eden did), maybe if you are spicy add who you would've scanned N1

thanks in advance!
I'm sure this has been discussed to death. But I think it's surprising they didn't go for worcej--either to jail (they have so many) or kill. So...there's no reason to pocket a power. Everything was used, because otherwise they at least jail worcej. What else are their jails for--self protection? Maybe...but not with an outed PR.

I like to scan people that aren't widely sussed not widely townread; someone I'm concerned about going deep. Probably would have done HaZe.
thanks for the answer

strangely enough, I didn't get many answers here, but your input is very appreciated

also, in the post before, X explicitly said not to shoot damo ... could you see a mafia team with fox, x, damo and a fourth? If so, who would you guess for the last spot?

BunnyGo

#3395 Post by BunnyGo » Sat May 20, 2023 1:54 am

Kakarroto wrote:
Sat May 20, 2023 1:47 am
BunnyGo wrote:
Kakarroto wrote:

Do you remember that I asked you before to give me three people you would shoot (excluding fox)? I asked some more people about it. All the ones I did consider in my personal PoE (although two of them a bit higher but I wanted to include them still since I was unsure).

X DID ANSWER (sweet jamie kak. maybe haze and ghug; NOT shoot brain or damo) [follows up with dousing getting bumped up because of the fox positive post]
fox didn't answer

I did count damo's fox entry because I needed to ask him a second time and forgot to exclude fox there, so that's that.

quite nice right? Well, surprisingly, there were no votes for you, bunny, damo or X ... and that kept me thinking. In this list there should be the majority, if not all, mafia. Yet no votes for you three, even when they were in my post and people subconsciously were reminded of your names. But instead a vote for eden ... even two for ghug and jamie, which are green in edens (and mine) reads ...

and I think, between you three, the chance of hitting mafia is extremely high ... not with those who got many votes (and I even would veto bona and sweet here which I townread ... well a little bit of doubt has formed for bona, but surly not enough to consider him right now).

Additionally, you, bunny, and X were often a topic for fox. That is a lot of coincidence, I think ...
Are you OK? You're concerned that not enough people ranked me, X, and damo in top three people we'd shoot? This sounds like a job for damo to do maths for you, but he's probably asleep.

No offense, it sounds like you need sleep too.

ghug
Bronze Donator
Bronze Donator

#3396 Post by ghug » Sat May 20, 2023 1:58 am

Kakarroto wrote:
BunnyGo wrote:
Kakarroto wrote:

fox didn't answer

This is like bozo but more questionable.

Kakarroto

#3397 Post by Kakarroto » Sat May 20, 2023 2:00 am

BunnyGo wrote:
Sat May 20, 2023 1:54 am
Kakarroto wrote:
BunnyGo wrote:

fox didn't answer

Are you OK? You're concerned that not enough people ranked me, X, and damo in top three people we'd shoot? This sounds like a job for damo to do maths for you, but he's probably asleep.

No offense, it sounds like you need sleep too.
well, I intentionally choose the group for which I think includes most or all mafia, so the idea behind it is that they didn't pick their teammates for that but easy miss votes for town or other town choices. Damo picking fox there (it was pretty late in the day and everyone was voting fox) is an outlier and stems from a mistake in my second question to him.

But yeah, that is the idea behind it. Do you follow my logic?

President Eden

#3398 Post by President Eden » Sat May 20, 2023 2:03 am

may be more questionable but if y'all think he's doing this as scum y'all wilin fr fr

BunnyGo

#3399 Post by BunnyGo » Sat May 20, 2023 2:03 am

Kakarroto wrote:
Sat May 20, 2023 1:54 am
BunnyGo wrote:
Sat May 20, 2023 1:50 am
Kakarroto wrote:

hmm, thanks

thanks in advance!

thanks for the answer

strangely enough, I didn't get many answers here, but your input is very appreciated

also, in the post before, X explicitly said not to shoot damo ... could you see a mafia team with fox, x, damo and a fourth? If so, who would you guess for the last spot?
I'm one of the people who finds damo pretty easy to read by late game, so I wouldn't shoot him no matter what.

I don't know why X would say that...haven't seen the post (or if I saw it, it didn't stick).

I have no idea who the fourth would be there; nobody has specifically jumped out at me as having special interactions with those 4, but I haven't read closely for them. I'm still catching up first read.

Among the remaining players:

You, and dousing are among my scummier reads.

HaZe is hard to get a sense of.

brain I think I finally understand.

Maybe I was wrong about bona? but that's still not high on my list.

rdr I sussed last time he was scum, but got a bad scan on him and got confused. This time...not seeing it yet, but not seeing much of him yet.

jamie, and ghug seem like jamie and ghug; I have a hard time catching them and usually rely on those who don't have a hard time.

sweet is earnest...his post defending fox as possibly bussed was very very earnest. I can't tell yet if it's scum defending scum or town not wanting a miskill; but I'm leaning toward the latter.

ghug
Bronze Donator
Bronze Donator

#3400 Post by ghug » Sat May 20, 2023 2:04 am

President Eden wrote:
Sat May 20, 2023 2:03 am
may be more questionable but if y'all think he's doing this as scum y'all wilin fr fr
Yeah it's a very townie set of posts.