MAFIA 79: The Price is Right! [GAME THREAD]

If you have a game you want to play on the forum, you can do so here.
Forum rules
This is an area for forum games. Please note that to support mafia games players cannot edit their own posts in this forum. Off Topic threads will be relocated or deleted. Issues taking place in forum games should be dealt with by respective game GMs and escalated to the moderators only if absolutely necessary.
bozotheclown

Re: MAFIA 79: The Price is Right! [GAME THREAD]

#2941 Post by bozotheclown » Thu Apr 13, 2023 5:10 am

sweetandcool wrote:
Thu Apr 13, 2023 5:07 am
bozotheclown wrote:
Thu Apr 13, 2023 5:03 am
sweetandcool wrote:
Thu Apr 13, 2023 4:56 am
Now that we definitely know I was driven there are only two worlds we can live in:

World 1: sweetandcool is Mafia. Eden killed them, but JOAT drove them with Dousing. So actually sweetandcool is Mafia traitor.

World 2: sweetandcool is Bodyguard. Eden killed them, but JOAT drove them with Dousing.

Crap, I was planning on concluding that in world 1 Mafia needed to take 2 powers, but that's not true. So not nearly as exonerating as I thought. Still posting because I tried :P
If you and Bonatogether are mafia, there doesn't need to be a JOAT.
Correct! Sorry, I'm being very lousy at keeping this straight. I really need to write down on paper things that are globally known and things that are only known or believed by me.

I'll stop trying now. Only looking like an idiot.

Thank you bozo.
Do you think Bonatogether's claim that he saw PE visit you could be fake?

sweetandcool

#2942 Post by sweetandcool » Thu Apr 13, 2023 5:11 am

bozotheclown wrote:
sweetandcool wrote:
Now that we definitely know I was driven there are only two worlds we can live in:

World 1: sweetandcool is Mafia. Eden killed them, but JOAT drove them with Dousing. So actually sweetandcool is Mafia traitor.

World 2: sweetandcool is Bodyguard. Eden killed them, but JOAT drove them with Dousing.

Crap, I was planning on concluding that in world 1 Mafia needed to take 2 powers, but that's not true. So not nearly as exonerating as I thought. Still posting because I tried :P
This is probably stupid, but I'm townreading Bozo because I have no idea why Mafia would help me muddle through this.

sweetandcool

#2943 Post by sweetandcool » Thu Apr 13, 2023 5:14 am

bozotheclown wrote:
Thu Apr 13, 2023 5:10 am
sweetandcool wrote:
bozotheclown wrote:

Correct! Sorry, I'm being very lousy at keeping this straight. I really need to write down on paper things that are globally known and things that are only known or believed by me.

Thank you bozo.
No, I can't believe it is fake.

The only way it's fake is if Bona and Eden went to truly epic lengths to quasi-verify Bona with all of that back and forth and Bona's excessive posts. You could just feel the frustration roiling off of Bona. Such a truly epic swindle deserves to be falled for, hook line and sinker.

So no, can't be fake.

bozotheclown

#2944 Post by bozotheclown » Thu Apr 13, 2023 5:22 am

sweetandcool wrote:
Thu Apr 13, 2023 5:14 am
bozotheclown wrote:
sweetandcool wrote:

Thank you bozo.

The only way it's fake is if Bona and Eden went to truly epic lengths to quasi-verify Bona with all of that back and forth and Bona's excessive posts. You could just feel the frustration roiling off of Bona. Such a truly epic swindle deserves to be falled for, hook line and sinker.

So no, can't be fake.
I would expect the tracker to see PE visit Dousing if you were driven with Dousing and PE visited you, which is the reason for my question about the tracker/driver interaction.

sweetandcool

#2945 Post by sweetandcool » Thu Apr 13, 2023 5:28 am

bozotheclown wrote:
Thu Apr 13, 2023 5:22 am
sweetandcool wrote:
bozotheclown wrote:

So no, can't be fake.
I would expect the tracker to see PE visit Dousing if you were driven with Dousing and PE visited you, which is the reason for my question about the tracker/driver interaction.
Ah, I see. I think tracker would see what Bona claims, but obviously your interpretation is pretty likely too. I guess we will have to see what GM says.

Again, you are equally likely to be correct, but here is the logic I think happens mechanically:

1. Bona tracks Eden. JOAT drives sweetandcool with Dousing.
2. Eden "kills" sweetandcool. Bona, sees Eden visit sweetandcool, but Eden's kill action applies to Dousing because of the drive.

I think this is correct because drive seems to target the actions made on a player. It doesn't actually redirect who they visited. So Eden still visited me, but the action they took on me applied to Dousing.

bozotheclown

#2946 Post by bozotheclown » Thu Apr 13, 2023 5:32 am

bozotheclown wrote:
Thu Apr 13, 2023 3:45 am
I don't see why the mafia would choose to drive sweetandcool with Dousing if sweetandcool and Bonatogether are town, when they could have driven anyone else with Dousing. PE could even have driven himself with Dousing.

The other possibilities I can think of are:

1. Bonatogether is mafia, sweetandcool is town, and sweetandcool was driven with Dousing. This would mean that the mafia only chose the JOAT and not to recruit the traitor, which does not seem likely.

2. Bonatogether is town, sweetandcool is mafia, and sweetandcool was driven with Dousing to try to clear sweetandcool. This also would mean that the mafia only chose the JOAT and not to recruit the traitor.

3. Bonatogether and sweetandcool are mafia. If this is the case, the mafia did not make any selections. However, the 2 mafia goons would have known the identity of the traitor when PE, Bonatogether, and sweetandcool all claimed to be PRs, if they did not figure it out sooner. Bonatogether claiming PE visited sweetandcool provides an explanation why sweetandcool did not prevent the Dousing NK.

I think number 3 makes sense, because sweetandcool claimed when he realized he was identified by Dousing, and PE and Bonatogether claimed because they thought they were identified by Chaqa.
In the case where Bonatogether is mafia, the mafia could have used the strongman, but that would still mean they have a JOAT, so it is no different.

bozotheclown

#2947 Post by bozotheclown » Thu Apr 13, 2023 5:40 am

sweetandcool wrote:
Thu Apr 13, 2023 5:28 am
bozotheclown wrote:
Thu Apr 13, 2023 5:22 am
sweetandcool wrote:

So no, can't be fake.
Ah, I see. I think tracker would see what Bona claims, but obviously your interpretation is pretty likely too. I guess we will have to see what GM says.

Again, you are equally likely to be correct, but here is the logic I think happens mechanically:

1. Bona tracks Eden. JOAT drives sweetandcool with Dousing.
2. Eden "kills" sweetandcool. Bona, sees Eden visit sweetandcool, but Eden's kill action applies to Dousing because of the drive.

I think this is correct because drive seems to target the actions made on a player. It doesn't actually redirect who they visited. So Eden still visited me, but the action they took on me applied to Dousing.
I don't think that is typical for a driver action on this site, but the answer is not clear from the setup.

sweetandcool

#2949 Post by sweetandcool » Thu Apr 13, 2023 5:42 am

sweetandcool wrote:
Thu Apr 13, 2023 5:41 am
I think GM answers your question here: http://webdiplomacy.net/contrib/phpBB3/ ... 08#p338908
Though it looks like the GM contradicts themself later in the page. At least the first "no" is contradicted by Chaqa's later question.

sweetandcool

#2950 Post by sweetandcool » Thu Apr 13, 2023 6:12 am

Dang, I totally see why people think I'm the traitor. I haven't thought of the traitor role since D1. I thought the traitor would have to find a sneaky way to communicate. But actually, what I have done (if I were the traitor), I hid in plain sight. I spent two days in a row fiercely targeting town players, guiding Mafia towards an easy town kill. Not a bad result for the traitor. Assuming they didn't recruit, it will be interesting to find out if they ever thought I was the traitor.

I will have to remember this for next time. What an informative game!

Jamiet99uk

#2951 Post by Jamiet99uk » Thu Apr 13, 2023 10:30 am

Foxcastle wrote:
Thu Apr 13, 2023 2:06 am

PRESIDENT EDEN HAS DIED. He was a Mafia Goon.

Night 4 has begun. You may post.
Whoopy doopy doo.
This signature is hard to read in dark mode.

Bonatogether

#2952 Post by Bonatogether » Thu Apr 13, 2023 10:42 am

sweetandcool wrote:
bozotheclown wrote:
sweetandcool wrote:

Thank you bozo.
i think there's only true and false things. it never hurt anyone to say some shit that someone else couldn't verify

Bonatogether

#2953 Post by Bonatogether » Thu Apr 13, 2023 10:43 am

sweetandcool wrote:
Thu Apr 13, 2023 5:11 am
bozotheclown wrote:
sweetandcool wrote:

This is probably stupid, but I'm townreading Bozo because I have no idea why Mafia would help me muddle through this.
bad reason

Jamiet99uk

#2954 Post by Jamiet99uk » Thu Apr 13, 2023 10:59 am

Bonatogether wrote:
Thu Apr 13, 2023 10:43 am
sweetandcool wrote:
bozotheclown wrote:

bad reason
Bozo has a tendency to talk about mechanics as any alignment, it's not suggestive of whether he's scum or not, that he would do that.
This signature is hard to read in dark mode.

Chaqa
Bronze Donator
Bronze Donator

#2955 Post by Chaqa » Thu Apr 13, 2023 11:04 am

sweetandcool wrote:
bozotheclown wrote:
sweetandcool wrote:

I’m confused why you’re acting like this is some big revelation when I sorted this out yesterday lol

Chaqa
Bronze Donator
Bronze Donator

#2956 Post by Chaqa » Thu Apr 13, 2023 11:05 am

sweetandcool wrote:
Thu Apr 13, 2023 5:42 am
sweetandcool wrote:
I think GM answers your question here: http://webdiplomacy.net/contrib/phpBB3/ ... 08#p338908
Though it looks like the GM contradicts themself later in the page. At least the first "no" is contradicted by Chaqa's later question.
Yeah I figured I’d sort it out later lol

Foxcastle

#2957 Post by Foxcastle » Thu Apr 13, 2023 11:26 am

bozotheclown wrote:
Thu Apr 13, 2023 4:06 am
Bonatogether wrote:
Wed Apr 12, 2023 9:08 pm
eden you motherfucker

you visited sweetandcool

you want to wifom this shit because there's no way you survive after that scumclaim

##vote President Eden

##end
I am not sure it is even possible for Bonatogether to have seen PE visit sweetandcool, since PE was a goon and sweetandcool was not NKed.

##CALL GM: If the tracker targets player A, player A targets player B, and player B and player C are driven, would the tracker be notified that player A visited player B or player C?
##GM NOTE: In this case, the tracker would be notified that Player A visited Player B. The driver does not change who a player visits.

dargorygel
Site Moderator
Site Moderator

#2958 Post by dargorygel » Thu Apr 13, 2023 11:35 am

Chaqa wrote:
Thu Apr 13, 2023 11:05 am
sweetandcool wrote:
Thu Apr 13, 2023 5:42 am
sweetandcool wrote:
Yeah I figured I’d sort it out later lol
Consider it sorted. I was wrong. Incorrect. Silly.
Apologies for answering in haste, chaqa (and all.)

See foxcastle's answer directly above... which I agree with, endorse, and re-concluded similarly.

damo666

#2959 Post by damo666 » Thu Apr 13, 2023 11:42 am

Foxcastle wrote:
Thu Apr 13, 2023 11:26 am
bozotheclown wrote:
Thu Apr 13, 2023 4:06 am
Bonatogether wrote:
Wed Apr 12, 2023 9:08 pm
eden you motherfucker

you visited sweetandcool

you want to wifom this shit because there's no way you survive after that scumclaim

##vote President Eden

##end
I am not sure it is even possible for Bonatogether to have seen PE visit sweetandcool, since PE was a goon and sweetandcool was not NKed.

##CALL GM: If the tracker targets player A, player A targets player B, and player B and player C are driven, would the tracker be notified that player A visited player B or player C?
##GM NOTE: In this case, the tracker would be notified that Player A visited Player B. The driver does not change who a player visits.
So either Bona is Tracker or Mafia knowing Sweet was driven with Dousing or both Bona and Sweet are Mafia (unlikely imo.)

If Bona is Tracker then either Sweet was driven with Dousing or Sweet is scum and Dousing was strongmanned.

I think that's right!

Chaqa
Bronze Donator
Bronze Donator

#2960 Post by Chaqa » Thu Apr 13, 2023 12:36 pm

Isn't it also likely that Bona and Eden are both mafia and made up this whole elaborate thing to frame Sweet tomorrow?