MAFIA 79: The Price is Right! [GAME THREAD]

If you have a game you want to play on the forum, you can do so here.
Forum rules
This is an area for forum games. Please note that to support mafia games players cannot edit their own posts in this forum. Off Topic threads will be relocated or deleted. Issues taking place in forum games should be dealt with by respective game GMs and escalated to the moderators only if absolutely necessary.
Foxcastle

Re: MAFIA 79: The Price is Right! [GAME THREAD]

#2901 Post by Foxcastle » Thu Apr 13, 2023 2:24 am

##GM NOTE: I expect Night 4 will end at the regular time tomorrow (2 PM PT/5 PM ET/10 PM GMT), but am going to consult with Dargorygel before before making any hasty changes.

Please PM us if you have any objection to the shortened night phase.

Please be prepared to submit any night actions by tomorrow at the regular time.

sweetandcool

#2902 Post by sweetandcool » Thu Apr 13, 2023 2:34 am

I trust Bona, but I can only think of two possibilities:

1. Insane effort was made to quasi-verify Bona. I firmly do not believe this, but it explains some things.

2. JOAT drove me and Dousing, Eden targeted me for kill, and we have one more mafia to account for.

(Assuming sweetandcool is actually the bodyguard).

I think Eden being Mafia should at least be the scenario that I am bodyguard a little more likely

Read all of Eden's posts and three objectives seem to be clear:

1. Delay
2. Keep us suspicious of Bona, hoping to manipulate a Bona kill
3. Reinforce the belief that sweetandcool is Mafia.

The question is, was Eden bussing sweetandcool, or pushing for a misskill?

rdrivera2005
Gold Donator
Gold Donator

#2903 Post by rdrivera2005 » Thu Apr 13, 2023 2:36 am

Well, I think we have one more scum between the claims, just not sure which of them. Bona being the Traitor make some sense too.

And also who is the third one? Eden was trying to frame Damo or to give him town credit?

Bonatogether

#2904 Post by Bonatogether » Thu Apr 13, 2023 2:37 am

i refuse to die to dk when i have been scumreading eden since d2

rdrivera2005
Gold Donator
Gold Donator

#2906 Post by rdrivera2005 » Thu Apr 13, 2023 2:54 am

sweetandcool wrote:
Thu Apr 13, 2023 2:34 am

1. Insane effort was made to quasi-verify Bona. I firmly do not believe this, but it explains some things.

2. JOAT drove me and Dousing, Eden targeted me for kill, and we have one more mafia to account for.

I think Eden being Mafia should at least be the scenario that I am bodyguard a little more likely

1. Delay

Nope, Eden flipping goon makes me think Mafia take at most one role and this make two additional PRs less likely. Eden is a experienced players and can see that town roles are stronger then scum roles.

rdrivera2005
Gold Donator
Gold Donator

#2907 Post by rdrivera2005 » Thu Apr 13, 2023 2:56 am

Bonatogether wrote:
Thu Apr 13, 2023 2:37 am
i refuse to die to dk when i have been scumreading eden since d2
Well, you can still track something usefull.

sweetandcool

#2908 Post by sweetandcool » Thu Apr 13, 2023 2:58 am

rdrivera2005 wrote:
Thu Apr 13, 2023 2:54 am
sweetandcool wrote:

1. Delay

Nope, Eden flipping goon makes me think Mafia take at most one role and this make two additional PRs less likely. Eden is a experienced players and can see that town roles are stronger then scum roles.
Then vote me because I can't believe 1 and you're invalidating 2.

Bonatogether

#2909 Post by Bonatogether » Thu Apr 13, 2023 3:10 am

sweetandcool wrote:
Thu Apr 13, 2023 2:58 am
rdrivera2005 wrote:
sweetandcool wrote:

1. Delay

true! you are scum

bozotheclown

#2910 Post by bozotheclown » Thu Apr 13, 2023 3:45 am

I don't see why the mafia would choose to drive sweetandcool with Dousing if sweetandcool and Bonatogether are town, when they could have driven anyone else with Dousing. PE could even have driven himself with Dousing.

The other possibilities I can think of are:

1. Bonatogether is mafia, sweetandcool is town, and sweetandcool was driven with Dousing. This would mean that the mafia only chose the JOAT and not to recruit the traitor, which does not seem likely.

2. Bonatogether is town, sweetandcool is mafia, and sweetandcool was driven with Dousing to try to clear sweetandcool. This also would mean that the mafia only chose the JOAT and not to recruit the traitor.

3. Bonatogether and sweetandcool are mafia. If this is the case, the mafia did not make any selections. However, the 2 mafia goons would have known the identity of the traitor when PE, Bonatogether, and sweetandcool all claimed to be PRs, if they did not figure it out sooner. Bonatogether claiming PE visited sweetandcool provides an explanation why sweetandcool did not prevent the Dousing NK.

I think number 3 makes sense, because sweetandcool claimed when he realized he was identified by Dousing, and PE and Bonatogether claimed because they thought they were identified by Chaqa.

Bonatogether

#2911 Post by Bonatogether » Thu Apr 13, 2023 3:59 am

bozo is also scum

sweetandcool

#2912 Post by sweetandcool » Thu Apr 13, 2023 4:00 am

Bonatogether wrote:
Thu Apr 13, 2023 3:10 am
sweetandcool wrote:
rdrivera2005 wrote:

true! you are scum
Unproductive.

Okay, let's examine under the lense of sweetandcool as Mafia:

Eden bussed sweetandcool to the extreme. But because it was already the case that Eden or Bona was Mafia, it didn't build "Eden is innocent cred". So I can't think of a reason since they were getting awfully close to a sweetandcool DK and it was shocking that didn't happen. Eden certainly wasn't pushing for a tie or anything other than sweetandcool.

Eden commits to the plan of getting a sweetandcool DK plan by visiting them (we assume Role Cop), since they knew Bona was tracking them. If sweetandcool is Mafia, this would be interpreted as trying to quasi-verify sweetandcool, who can claim they were driven. If sweetandcool is town, this would be interpreted as Eden trying to push for a sweetandcool misskill.

But since sweetandcool is already maximally suspicious (look at all the solid sweetandcool is Mafia reads), it's hard to believe that Eden would really expect anyone to fall for the quasi-verify scheme.

Consequently, it is actually more likely that sweetandcool is town. You are all welcome.

sweetandcool

#2913 Post by sweetandcool » Thu Apr 13, 2023 4:02 am

bozotheclown wrote:
Thu Apr 13, 2023 3:45 am
I don't see why the mafia would choose to drive sweetandcool with Dousing if sweetandcool and Bonatogether are town, when they could have driven anyone else with Dousing. PE could even have driven himself with Dousing.

1. Bonatogether is mafia, sweetandcool is town, and sweetandcool was driven with Dousing. This would mean that the mafia only chose the JOAT and not to recruit the traitor, which does not seem likely.

2. Bonatogether is town, sweetandcool is mafia, and sweetandcool was driven with Dousing to try to clear sweetandcool. This also would mean that the mafia only chose the JOAT and not to recruit the traitor.

3. Bonatogether and sweetandcool are mafia. If this is the case, the mafia did not make any selections. However, the 2 mafia goons would have known the identity of the traitor when PE, Bonatogether, and sweetandcool all claimed to be PRs, if they did not figure it out sooner. Bonatogether claiming PE visited sweetandcool provides an explanation why sweetandcool did not prevent the Dousing NK.

I think number 3 makes sense, because sweetandcool claimed when he realized he was identified by Dousing, and PE and Bonatogether claimed because they thought they were identified by Chaqa.
I think your first statement is incorrect?

Assuming I am telling the truth, that I guarded Dousing, then they needed to drive me and only me with Dousing.

bozotheclown

#2914 Post by bozotheclown » Thu Apr 13, 2023 4:06 am

Bonatogether wrote:
Wed Apr 12, 2023 9:08 pm
eden you motherfucker

you visited sweetandcool

you want to wifom this shit because there's no way you survive after that scumclaim

##vote President Eden

##end
I am not sure it is even possible for Bonatogether to have seen PE visit sweetandcool, since PE was a goon and sweetandcool was not NKed.

##CALL GM: If the tracker targets player A, player A targets player B, and player B and player C are driven, would the tracker be notified that player A visited player B or player C?

bozotheclown

#2915 Post by bozotheclown » Thu Apr 13, 2023 4:09 am

sweetandcool wrote:
Thu Apr 13, 2023 4:02 am
bozotheclown wrote:

Assuming I am telling the truth, that I guarded Dousing, then they needed to drive me and only me with Dousing.
Not if I understand the driver role correctly.

sweetandcool

#2916 Post by sweetandcool » Thu Apr 13, 2023 4:11 am

bozotheclown wrote:
Thu Apr 13, 2023 4:09 am
sweetandcool wrote:
Thu Apr 13, 2023 4:02 am
bozotheclown wrote:

Not if I understand the driver role correctly.
Oops, you are correct. If Dousing is driven, then a guard action on them would end up applying to someone else.

Bonatogether

#2917 Post by Bonatogether » Thu Apr 13, 2023 4:13 am

sweetandcool wrote:
Thu Apr 13, 2023 4:00 am
Bonatogether wrote:
Thu Apr 13, 2023 3:10 am
sweetandcool wrote:

true! you are scum
Unproductive.

Okay, let's examine under the lense of sweetandcool as Mafia:

Eden bussed sweetandcool to the extreme. But because it was already the case that Eden or Bona was Mafia, it didn't build "Eden is innocent cred". So I can't think of a reason since they were getting awfully close to a sweetandcool DK and it was shocking that didn't happen. Eden certainly wasn't pushing for a tie or anything other than sweetandcool.

Eden commits to the plan of getting a sweetandcool DK plan by visiting them (we assume Role Cop), since they knew Bona was tracking them. If sweetandcool is Mafia, this would be interpreted as trying to quasi-verify sweetandcool, who can claim they were driven. If sweetandcool is town, this would be interpreted as Eden trying to push for a sweetandcool misskill.

But since sweetandcool is already maximally suspicious (look at all the solid sweetandcool is Mafia reads), it's hard to believe that Eden would really expect anyone to fall for the quasi-verify scheme.

Consequently, it is actually more likely that sweetandcool is town. You are all welcome.
anything post-claim nonsense is the endgame. the incentives very rapidly shifted for the scumteam from what they were previously: now they just need the one rush to the endzone for the win, and only one town player needs to be wrong for them to win. this is what eden tried to do to me. why eden didn't do that on d2 when i first started signalling that i was scumreading him is because that kind of rush is very visible and very likely to tie scummates together. it's trading hiddenness for immediate results. however, due to how town incentives change (suddenly any serious chance of death must be fought tooth and nail because it will be a game over if they don't get it), it's nearly impossible to make reads and cases entirely based on the endgame.

looking at the earlygame (d1/into n1 - the shitpost phase) and the midgame (n1-early d3 - the reason phase), it just makes a lot of sense for you to be scum with eden. bozo too. i don't read much into things now because anything could be that one game-winning rush play, so it's not real. creating any confusion is a massive win for scum because, again, only one towny needs to be wrong one day for the game to be over. there is not a margin of error for town. it makes total sense for shit to scum to do the quasi-verify thing if you're either alignment precisely because you are so widely scumread.

Bonatogether

#2918 Post by Bonatogether » Thu Apr 13, 2023 4:13 am

bozotheclown wrote:
Thu Apr 13, 2023 4:06 am
Bonatogether wrote:
eden you motherfucker

you visited sweetandcool

you want to wifom this shit because there's no way you survive after that scumclaim

##vote President Eden

##end
I am not sure it is even possible for Bonatogether to have seen PE visit sweetandcool, since PE was a goon and sweetandcool was not NKed.

##CALL GM: If the tracker targets player A, player A targets player B, and player B and player C are driven, would the tracker be notified that player A visited player B or player C?
it must be somehow

sweetandcool

#2919 Post by sweetandcool » Thu Apr 13, 2023 4:16 am

Okay, I guess you are right :cry:

I will just have to pray I get tonight right.

sweetandcool

#2920 Post by sweetandcool » Thu Apr 13, 2023 4:19 am

Bonatogether wrote:
Thu Apr 13, 2023 4:13 am
bozotheclown wrote:
Thu Apr 13, 2023 4:06 am
Bonatogether wrote:
eden you motherfucker

you visited sweetandcool

##vote President Eden

##end

it must be somehow
It's definitely possible if Eden killed me, but JOAT drove me and Dousing. Or Eden role copped me and JOAT just drove Dousing with anybody but Eden.