M1024: Panhandlin' [GAME THREAD]

If you have a game you want to play on the forum, you can do so here.
Forum rules
This is an area for forum games. Please note that to support mafia games players cannot edit their own posts in this forum. Off Topic threads will be relocated or deleted. Issues taking place in forum games should be dealt with by respective game GMs and escalated to the moderators only if absolutely necessary.
Fluminator

Re: M1024: Panhandlin' [GAME THREAD]

#661 Post by Fluminator » Wed Mar 15, 2023 11:24 pm

I mostly agree with ghug's reads on things and he's pretty obvious town now. I'll just sheep/buddy him until he inevitably turns on me for being lazy.

Fluminator

#662 Post by Fluminator » Wed Mar 15, 2023 11:26 pm

Bozo, why were you so interested in pushing the ghug/jamiet countervotes specifically when there were many other wagons at the time? Were the other ones not that compelling to you?

Fluminator

#663 Post by Fluminator » Wed Mar 15, 2023 11:26 pm

In case I get nightkilled tonight, maybe I’ll share my insider knowledge I was talking about before eon.

Fluminator

#664 Post by Fluminator » Wed Mar 15, 2023 11:28 pm

Assuming mafia get a nightkill in, we have 9 town with probably 2 scum meaning we still only have 2 miskills before we lose. We're only even right now.

I think ghug/damo/hamilton can all be safely assumed as town for being on the kak wagon until at least we use the first miskill.

Fluminator

#665 Post by Fluminator » Wed Mar 15, 2023 11:30 pm

Jamiet, why did your activity drop so much at eod after being one of the most active posters? What was going on for you then?

KoalaAttack

#666 Post by KoalaAttack » Wed Mar 15, 2023 11:43 pm

I am back, catching up now
Bonatogether wrote:
Wed Mar 15, 2023 8:53 pm
KoalaAttack wrote:
Wed Mar 15, 2023 10:45 am
BrainKoala 2: ghug, Kakarroto
BozoKoala 1: worcej
KoalaKoala 1: Jamiet99uk
lfischlKoala 1: Hamilton Brain
i vote for edenkoala
Acknowledged

KoalaAttack

#667 Post by KoalaAttack » Wed Mar 15, 2023 11:46 pm

brainbomb wrote:
Wed Mar 15, 2023 8:54 pm
**A shot rings out**

Kakarroto has died he was Cleasar, A mafia goon

Woohoo! Great job someone, and I am feeling pretty vindicated about this now:
KoalaAttack wrote:
Wed Mar 15, 2023 8:28 pm
If I get voted and flip Town, I urge other real Townies to read back through the thread and see who has pushed for my self-destruct the hardest. Given I've been telegraphing the intent pretty blatantly, they are likely to be Mafia opportunistically jumping on the chance for an easy MK. Especially if they don't know who the other Mafia are as some of you hypothesized. Good luck and may the force be with you!

PS: Look Jamiet, I’m helping the town even while dead. I am basically E.D.I.T.H. by Stark Industries – oh wait that’s another AI joke… last one?

And also I am feeling quite suspicious of Jamiet who was the 2nd person voting me for the very Mafia reasons I outlined above for Kak. Yeah, I heard your explanations Jamiet. But the same reasoning as for Kak applies, and said reasoning was just proven correct.

KoalaAttack

#668 Post by KoalaAttack » Wed Mar 15, 2023 11:48 pm

Bonatogether wrote:
Wed Mar 15, 2023 8:55 pm
ghug wrote:
##VOTE Koala
wrong
I would like to understand more why ghug voted for me here, after my strategy of Impersonation has clearly worked to at least get Kak to react to it and be correctly judged for it by whomever had the gun.

KoalaAttack

#669 Post by KoalaAttack » Wed Mar 15, 2023 11:50 pm

brainbomb wrote:
Wed Mar 15, 2023 9:06 pm
TheFlyingBoat has died he was Reanimated John McCain a Vanilla Townie

Night 1 has begun
You may now Post
Poop. RIP TFB, thanks for helping us hunt Mafia.

I will analyze what happened here after tallying up the Impersonation votes.

KoalaAttack

#670 Post by KoalaAttack » Wed Mar 15, 2023 11:57 pm

Fluminator wrote:
Wed Mar 15, 2023 11:17 pm
KoalaAttack wrote:
Checking in as promised – no major new cases or epiphanies I can get behind. My vote shall stay put, I’ll be back tonight.

My Non-Defense:
KoalaAttack wrote:
Tue Mar 14, 2023 1:45 am
terminal:> command MANDATORY_VODE unpacked, executing...
terminal:>
terminal:> [] [] [] [] [] [] [] [... . . . . . . . . . . . .
terminal:> ERROR: Zero ##KOALA votes tallied so far:
terminal:> ...
terminal:> stack-trace unavailable
terminal:> ...
terminal:> self-destruct initiated
terminal:> ##VOTE KoalaAttack
terminal:> Please ##KOALA [username] to abort the self-destruct sequance
KoalaAttack wrote:
Tue Mar 14, 2023 10:03 pm

t:> DEBUG: This is the correct interpretation.

Also this from last game

Gamification Achievement:
+ rdrivera wins "Speaks with The Machines" for seeing the numbers behind The Matrix
KoalaAttack wrote:
Tue Mar 14, 2023 10:28 pm
Which in turn means that none of my behavior and being immovable on "I said I'll do X, I'm doing X, damn it" should come as a surprise to Jamiet.
KoalaAttack wrote:
Wed Mar 15, 2023 7:33 pm
Unless half the players ##KOALA, we will assume that our Impersonation Target product has failed to secure product-market-fit and as the result of the focus group feedback we will shelf this project* to come back to market with newer alternatives in the future**
##VOTE KoalaAttack
future game, that is
The above should be self-explanatory. If in doubt, ##KOALA [username]. If in doubt of whom to ##KOALA, vote KoalaAttack.

My KoalaKoala-style Dying Declaration statement in case I get MKed or NKed:

If I get voted and flip Town, I urge other real Townies to read back through the thread and see who has pushed for my self-destruct the hardest. Given I've been telegraphing the intent pretty blatantly, they are likely to be Mafia opportunistically jumping on the chance for an easy MK. Especially if they don't know who the other Mafia are as some of you hypothesized. Good luck and may the force be with you!

PS: Look Jamiet, I’m helping the town even while dead. I am basically E.D.I.T.H. by Stark Industries – oh wait that’s another AI joke… last one?

PPS: also, Thank You for letting me get back to coding more and reading this thread less. Maybe I can code a Mafia-playing AI?
Beep Boop Mr. Robot Koala

Can I ask why you were so quick to be a martyr when you only had 3 votes on you, one of them being yourself?

Sure – I don't feel I was.

First – the red quoted post above was waaaay early long before any significant wagons materialized, so I have been open & transparent about this plan from the early on and not sure why you say "so quick"

Second – here is the voting situation before & after my second self-vote:

01:27 The Koa➙Bon 5 The 2 Kak 2 Koa 1 rdr
01:27 Koa The➙Koa 4 The 3 Koa 2 Kak 1 rdr

So, before it was a 5 / 2 / 2 with clear winner TFB (now proven Townie) – while I made it a closer 4 / 3 / 2 basically endangering myself. So I am also not sure why you say "only 3 votes" in this situation.

ghug
Bronze Donator
Bronze Donator

#671 Post by ghug » Wed Mar 15, 2023 11:59 pm

KoalaAttack wrote:
Wed Mar 15, 2023 11:46 pm
brainbomb wrote:
**A shot rings out**

KoalaAttack wrote:

And also I am feeling quite suspicious of Jamiet who was the 2nd person voting me for the very Mafia reasons I outlined above for Kak. Yeah, I heard your explanations Jamiet. But the same reasoning as for Kak applies, and said reasoning was just proven correct.
Can you explain why you think this vague statement was pointing at Kai?

ghug
Bronze Donator
Bronze Donator

#672 Post by ghug » Thu Mar 16, 2023 12:00 am

ghug wrote:
Wed Mar 15, 2023 11:59 pm
KoalaAttack wrote:
Wed Mar 15, 2023 11:46 pm
brainbomb wrote:
**A shot rings out**

KoalaAttack wrote:

Kak*

ghug
Bronze Donator
Bronze Donator

#673 Post by ghug » Thu Mar 16, 2023 12:01 am

KoalaAttack wrote:
Wed Mar 15, 2023 11:48 pm
Bonatogether wrote:
ghug wrote:
##VOTE Koala
wrong
I would like to understand more why ghug voted for me here, after my strategy of Impersonation has clearly worked to at least get Kak to react to it and be correctly judged for it by whomever had the gun.
This is an incredibly convenient narrative you're trying to construct...

KoalaAttack

#674 Post by KoalaAttack » Thu Mar 16, 2023 12:06 am

And now the moment you have all been eagerly waiting for!

BrainKoala 2: ghug, Kakarroto
EdenKoala 1: Bonatogether
BozoKoala 1: worcej
KoalaKoala 1: Jamiet99uk
lfischlKoala 1: Hamilton Brain

The Evil Kakarroto has their malicious vote disqualified with our new knowledge.

I am also going to disqualify KoalaKoala as the choice, since The Evil Kakarroto was originally asking for this and I shut it down, before changing my mind after Jamiet's arguments. Clearly, this was an outcome desired by at least one Mafia.

That leaves us with a 4 way tie: Brain, Eden, Bozo, lfisch

Hmm... lfischlKoala is the easiest, but least helpful for the Town for obvious lurker reasons. Scratch that. BozoKoala would come with more Computer-speak, and since some folks clearly hate it, I'm not going to do that without a clear vote majority.

That leaves Brain & Eden. I have already been Brain, plus Brain is GM-ing and I find it very hard to out-Brain the Brain.... While Eden, on the other hand, is actually easy to Impersonate – I can simply follow their Mafia Guide as my holy bible!

It's decided: Hello everyone, EdenKoala reporting for duty for the remainder of the game! Please submit any complaints to

KoalaAttack

#675 Post by KoalaAttack » Thu Mar 16, 2023 12:06 am

ghug wrote:
Thu Mar 16, 2023 12:01 am
KoalaAttack wrote:
Bonatogether wrote:
wrong
It's only convenient if I constructed it post-factum. But I constructed it before any of this happened already, I'm simply referring you back to it now.

KoalaAttack

#676 Post by KoalaAttack » Thu Mar 16, 2023 12:10 am

ghug wrote:
Wed Mar 15, 2023 11:59 pm
Sure: I declared I'd suicide if folks didn't chose the Impersonation Target. I postulate that folks who pushed me to suicide are Mafia angling for an easy/safe MK. Kak & Jamiet were the 2 people early on who were pushing my wagon for attempting to Impersonate.

If you still can't follow (and are not Mafia pretending) I can't help you :)

ghug
Bronze Donator
Bronze Donator

#677 Post by ghug » Thu Mar 16, 2023 12:11 am

KoalaAttack wrote:
Thu Mar 16, 2023 12:06 am
ghug wrote:
Thu Mar 16, 2023 12:01 am
KoalaAttack wrote:

It's only convenient if I constructed it post-factum. But I constructed it before any of this happened already, I'm simply referring you back to it now.
You didn't accuse Kak directly for it though, so to act now like you were calling him out is a little silly.

I voted you because I didn't especially like the other wagons and your play at the very least is detrimental to town, if not outright scummy. You've played twice now, so you know that scum casting an early vote on you without an accompanying wagon doesn't clear you.

KoalaAttack

#678 Post by KoalaAttack » Thu Mar 16, 2023 12:15 am

ghug wrote:
Thu Mar 16, 2023 12:11 am
I voted you because I didn't especially like the other wagons and your play at the very least is detrimental to town, if not outright scummy. You've played twice now, so you know that scum casting an early vote on you without an accompanying wagon doesn't clear you.
I respectfully disagree. I am a Data Scientist – data does not lie.

My play has caused Kak to engage – did it not?
Kak posted a bunch of stuff on it – did they not?
Whoever shot Kak presumably did it based on things Kak said – can we assume this?

So, by my logic, my play has at least partially contributed to outing The Evil Kak.

We can agree to disagree though?

KoalaAttack

#679 Post by KoalaAttack » Thu Mar 16, 2023 12:19 am

In other words, you say:

"Koala, your play is at least detrimental to Town, if not outright Mafia"...

To which I respond:

"Look at the hard data / facts – we just killed a Mafia who strongly engaged with my play and got lured out to expose themselves. You said you'd take 1 for 1, and I agree with that part at least".

ghug
Bronze Donator
Bronze Donator

#680 Post by ghug » Thu Mar 16, 2023 12:25 am

KoalaAttack wrote:
Thu Mar 16, 2023 12:19 am
In other words, you say:

"Koala, your play is at least detrimental to Town, if not outright Mafia"...

To which I respond:

"Look at the hard data / facts – we just killed a Mafia who strongly engaged with my play and got lured out to expose themselves. You said you'd take 1 for 1, and I agree with that part at least".
You're welcome to believe this if you want, I guess. As one of Kak's loudest criticizers, I didn't think his vote on you was the damning part as much as the fact he wasn't engaging with much beyond pointless mechanical discussions, whether that be your stuff or speculating on the setup. As a data scientist, you should know that a single data point is likely to be coincidence.

In any case, whatever worldview you choose to take, I suggest using it to do some scumhunting, since that's a common trait of everyone you've considered imitating besides maybe lfischl, and I haven't seen an iota from you yet.

I'm all for a schtick, but you've used yours to a) fill the thread with hard to read schtickposting and b) avoid actually playing the game. I'm fairly sure you know better by now.