M1024: Panhandlin' [GAME THREAD]

If you have a game you want to play on the forum, you can do so here.
Forum rules
This is an area for forum games. Please note that to support mafia games players cannot edit their own posts in this forum. Off Topic threads will be relocated or deleted. Issues taking place in forum games should be dealt with by respective game GMs and escalated to the moderators only if absolutely necessary.
Jamiet99uk

Re: M1024: Panhandlin' [GAME THREAD]

#381 Post by Jamiet99uk » Wed Mar 15, 2023 10:17 am

TheFlyingBoat wrote:
Wed Mar 15, 2023 9:30 am
Jamiet99uk wrote:
Wed Mar 15, 2023 9:12 am
TheFlyingBoat wrote:
Wed Mar 15, 2023 3:24 am

With people watching the traitors my fear is you might be onto something. Such a terrible mechanic, but I could see it.
@TFB This is an interesting post.

"Watching the traitors"?

Could you expand on this please?
It’s a reality TV show loosely based off of Mafia. It basically combines parts of Survivor and Mafia to make this weird Chimera that is worse than the sum of their parts but still is admittedly fun TV
Ah yes I have heard of that. I thought you were implying you knew that a "Traitor" role (which is a fairly standard Mafia role) was in play.
This signature is hard to read in dark mode.

Jamiet99uk

#382 Post by Jamiet99uk » Wed Mar 15, 2023 10:22 am

KoalaAttack wrote:
Wed Mar 15, 2023 9:43 am
Jamiet99uk wrote:
Wed Mar 15, 2023 9:18 am
KoalaAttack wrote:
Wed Mar 15, 2023 3:48 am

brainKoala would probably say something borderline controversial about politics to try to troll you into response here judging from brain's D1 posting last game... I am not really sure I have the ability to do that.

But given that this is a closed setup and I've never played one before, my operating assumption is that I am surrounded by enemies unless proven otherwise!

It is quite obvious you are taking the meaning of the word "beat" intentionally out of context of how I used it here... so the million dollar question is: are you Mafia angling for a MK, or are you a Townie looking for Mafia-slips?

t:> If I weren't impersonating, I'd be asking experienced folks how the hell one goes about telling the game rules apart in a closed setup game right about now.
t:>
t:> But I can just continue entertaining myself with impersonating and hope it resolves itself out as the game plays out.
If you are working from the assumption that the majority of other players are your enemies, that implies you are scum since they are usually the minority.

I used the word "beat" in its normal sense: To defeat, overcome, etc.
My statement in blue says:
- I have no experience with a closed setup
- so I assume everyone is an enemy until proven otherwise

Your statement in red says:
- somehow you inject the "majority" in there
- makes a flawed logical conclusion based on the incorrect assumption that I know what "usually" is in a closed setup ... especially since I literally just told you I have no idea

Your statement in pink says:
- you chose to take my original reference to Game Designers making games unhelpful as part of creating fun out of context of the philosophical discussion of "fun"
- and instead you chose to mis-construe it as having hidden meaning about which teams we are on respectively in this game

I mean, I can do this too... And BrainKoala would most definitely respond to your tinfoil with a tinfoil of their own!

You know, you just said that the normal sense of the word "beat" is to, and I quote, "To defeat, overcome, etc." ... But for a peaceful person, the normal sense of the word "beat" might just be about music, like "this is a cool beat" ... Unless of course you are a violent Mafia who is psychologically primed to defeat & overcome the peaceful Townies, right?

Oh wait, I am supposed to be impersonating BrainKoala, who did say last game they were trying a new thing to do less crazy tinfoil theories IIRC.

But this game of putting incorrect words into my mouth plus your sudden being taken aback by my attitude of stubbornly doing my own thing "and to hell with the consequences" despite GM-ing and GodThread-ing the last 2 games is unquestionably better theory than the random Mad Hatter Attack on Bona.

So, until a better theory is supplied:

##VOTE Jamiet99uk
I did not seek to put words into your mouth. I am trying to interpret the things you are saying.

Rather than "inject" the word "majority", what I noted was that you said "my operating assumption is that I am surrounded by enemies" which I interpreted as implying that you think the majority of players are your enemies. If this is not what you meant, then you need to clarify, that's all. My use of "usually" refers to all Mafia setups, not to closed setups specifically. That is, in 99%+ of Mafia setups, the town is the majority. It's a fairly basic standard feature of the game because an informed majority would automatically win and the game would be pointless.

Your posts make it sound like you think you're in the minority, that's all I was observing.

Rather than slapping a paranoid OMGUS vote on me, let's continue to discuss, yes?

worcej

#383 Post by worcej » Wed Mar 15, 2023 10:23 am

KoalaAttack wrote:
Tue Mar 14, 2023 10:56 pm
God damn in, I'm closing the thread until tonight.

That was not brainKoala.
This is the most brainKoala post I’ve seen lol

Jamiet99uk

#384 Post by Jamiet99uk » Wed Mar 15, 2023 10:26 am

KoalaAttack wrote:
plus your sudden being taken aback by my attitude of stubbornly doing my own thing "and to hell with the consequences" despite GM-ing and GodThread-ing the last 2 games...
And just to comment on this outrage, specifically:

1. I am not the only person who has clearly stated they found your computer-gibberish really difficult to read;

2. My request that you stop posting in computer-gibberish has clearly achieved my desired effect, since you are now communicating in a somewhat more normal manner, which I appreciate, so thank you.

I am glad we can now engage despite the fact that you are apparently in a bad mood with me for spoiling your fun. Sorry about that, but I think it was necessary if we're actually going to try to win the game.

KoalaAttack

#385 Post by KoalaAttack » Wed Mar 15, 2023 10:26 am

Jamiet99uk wrote:
Wed Mar 15, 2023 10:22 am
Rather than slapping a paranoid OMGUS vote on me, let's continue to discuss, yes?
Absolutely – the word-smithing portion of the post with color highlights was, as I said myself, pretty tinfoil. So let's ignore the 50% tinfoil rationale.

But the other 50% of my rationale is not tinfoil:
KoalaAttack wrote:
Tue Mar 14, 2023 10:28 pm
Fluminator wrote:
Tue Mar 14, 2023 10:25 pm
Why is Jamiet scum Mr. Computer
Well brainKoala might point out that Jamiet was the GM for my 1st game – and was killed on D1 (as you know) for my 2nd game, so would have followed along the entirety of that 2nd game via the God Thread.

Which in turn means that none of my behavior and being immovable on "I said I'll do X, I'm doing X, damn it" should come as a surprise to Jamiet.

Yet Jamiet is now using it to lock in the vote on me for the day. I ask you – is this Townie or Mafia-e behavior?
Let's continue to discuss indeed – keen to hear your thoughts on the above.

worcej

#386 Post by worcej » Wed Mar 15, 2023 10:27 am

KoalaAttack wrote:
Wed Mar 15, 2023 3:37 am
Jamiet99uk wrote:
Tue Mar 14, 2023 10:52 pm
See that's the other thing, Koala.

You shouldn't be imitating a computer because that's already Bozo.
Point well taken. That should totally be exclusively reserved for the Bozo impersonation.

From this point forward, I will not speak Computer-ish unless you folks ##KOALA Bozo by end of day. But if you do, I will promise to double the geeky references!
##KOALA Bozo

worcej

#387 Post by worcej » Wed Mar 15, 2023 10:29 am

KoalaAttack wrote:
Wed Mar 15, 2023 3:38 am
worcej wrote:
Wed Mar 15, 2023 12:52 am
rdrivera2005 wrote:
Tue Mar 14, 2023 3:27 pm

What are you talking about? You said Jamiet was sus for counting your posts and it looks like a joke to me, it wasn't?
I guess I was confused by what you initially were referencing here.

My sus was entirely sarcastic and joking. I don’t think Jamie is scum so far and he seems in his town meta. Just awaiting the standard town tunnel from him to confirm it.
So here is the thing – I am still confused by what you are all talking about. If I have a gun I didn't get the memo. But also, where / when did I say I have a gun?? So confused right now...
I think you quoted the wrong post here…

I’ll just be frank about what Flum saw and what I assumed after he pointed it out: you want us to vote on who you would target with an action of some sort.

Flum assumed gun, I just assume it’s an action. Your action is NAI atm, but I tend to think you’re most likely town if you’re soliciting us for input.

worcej

#388 Post by worcej » Wed Mar 15, 2023 10:36 am

TheFlyingBoat wrote:
Wed Mar 15, 2023 4:02 am
KoalaAttack wrote:
Wed Mar 15, 2023 3:48 am
KoalaAttack wrote:
Tue Mar 14, 2023 10:38 pm

OK this question is awesome – but this is deep and I need to get back to coding.

I promise to get back to this tonight – with my "how would brainbomb respond" filter on ... I can also give you a version with the filter off, but in DEBUG: code
brainKoala would probably say something borderline controversial about politics to try to troll you into response here judging from brain's D1 posting last game... I am not really sure I have the ability to do that.

But given that this is a closed setup and I've never played one before, my operating assumption is that I am surrounded by enemies unless proven otherwise!

It is quite obvious you are taking the meaning of the word "beat" intentionally out of context of how I used it here... so the million dollar question is: are you Mafia angling for a MK, or are you a Townie looking for Mafia-slips?

t:> If I weren't impersonating, I'd be asking experienced folks how the hell one goes about telling the game rules apart in a closed setup game right about now.
t:>
t:> But I can just continue entertaining myself with impersonating and hope it resolves itself out as the game plays out.
I would say the way to do so is to look at rolls the creator may want to include or are likely to include based on the size of the game. 12 person setups do give a lot of flexibility and with 2-3 mafia and a published VT message, one has to ask what would be something he'd want to do closed vs open. Given the popularity of the traitors in English-language TV with a US, UK, and AU version, I suspect that the 2 + recruit thing could be possible.
2cents here - I agree this is entirely possible. I would think it could be a target N1 action to recruit and gain someone after the spew of D1 and would be super interesting to see executed.

But, in an effort to keep myself in a death spiral of what if’s, I am just going to assume there are 3 scum.

KoalaAttack

#389 Post by KoalaAttack » Wed Mar 15, 2023 10:37 am

Jamiet99uk wrote:
Wed Mar 15, 2023 10:26 am
KoalaAttack wrote:
plus your sudden being taken aback by my attitude of stubbornly doing my own thing "and to hell with the consequences" despite GM-ing and GodThread-ing the last 2 games...
And just to comment on this outrage, specifically:

1. I am not the only person who has clearly stated they found your computer-gibberish really difficult to read;

2. My request that you stop posting in computer-gibberish has clearly achieved my desired effect, since you are now communicating in a somewhat more normal manner, which I appreciate, so thank you.

I am glad we can now engage despite the fact that you are apparently in a bad mood with me for spoiling your fun. Sorry about that, but I think it was necessary if we're actually going to try to win the game.
Ah, we posted at the same time.

Fair enough – but slight correction: your outrage did not achieve your desired. As I mentioned, I don't care about how you feel about it, no offense.

Your very good point that Computer-speak should be reserved for BozoKoala achieved your desired outcome. And I am not in a bad mood at all, nothing to be sorry about!

Though I see worcej just voted to bring that back :)

BrainKoala 2: ghug, Kakarroto
BozoKoala 1: worcej
lfischlKoala 1: Hamilton Brain

worcej

#390 Post by worcej » Wed Mar 15, 2023 10:38 am

ghug wrote:
Wed Mar 15, 2023 5:37 am
worcej wrote:
Wed Mar 15, 2023 12:48 am
Jamiet99uk wrote:
Tue Mar 14, 2023 12:58 pm
Mild scumleans:

KoalaAttack
Hamilton Brian
Worcej

Mild townleans:

Ghug
Karrokoto
Chaqa
How dare you…
I think I was going to comment on this earlier and then got work distracted, but this is a very scum Jamie post.
It definitely is low effort and feels very fabricated, but his tirade on Koala screams town!Jamie.

worcej

#391 Post by worcej » Wed Mar 15, 2023 10:39 am

bozotheclown wrote:
Wed Mar 15, 2023 6:05 am
We should probably have everyone claim and DK anyone who claims to be a PR.
Bozo arrives and comes in HOT!

KoalaAttack

#392 Post by KoalaAttack » Wed Mar 15, 2023 10:40 am

worcej wrote:
Wed Mar 15, 2023 10:29 am
So here is the thing – I am still confused by what you are all talking about. If I have a gun I didn't get the memo. But also, where / when did I say I have a gun?? So confused right now...
I think you quoted the wrong post here…

I’ll just be frank about what Flum saw and what I assumed after he pointed it out: you want us to vote on who you would target with an action of some sort.

Flum assumed gun, I just assume it’s an action. Your action is NAI atm, but I tend to think you’re most likely town if you’re soliciting us for input.
[/quote]

Yep I did quote the wrong post, whoops

Oh, I get it. So the ##Koala will be used to shoot people? Makes sense, and I'll have to remember to do this next time when I haven't already put in orders to shoot literally everyone to try.

worcej

#393 Post by worcej » Wed Mar 15, 2023 10:40 am

Jamiet99uk wrote:
Wed Mar 15, 2023 9:14 am
KoalaAttack wrote:
Wed Mar 15, 2023 3:39 am
worcej wrote:
Wed Mar 15, 2023 1:03 am
I initially missed this.

Not sure if Koala is indicating gun or some other power upon examination.
Kak jokingly claimed to have a gun.
Worcej can't tell the difference between you and Kak.
Fluminator lied about getting a message from the GM that suggested you had a gun.
Fluminator then went on to appear confused about whether you and Kak are different people.

Confusion abounds.
I believe I already explained my stance on what I saw about Koala and should alleviate your concerns about my own line of thinking.

Jamiet99uk

#394 Post by Jamiet99uk » Wed Mar 15, 2023 10:41 am

worcej wrote:
Wed Mar 15, 2023 10:36 am
2cents here - I agree this is entirely possible. I would think it could be a target N1 action to recruit and gain someone after the spew of D1 and would be super interesting to see executed.

But, in an effort to keep myself in a death spiral of what if’s, I am just going to assume there are 3 scum.
It would be a lot of fun if there was a setup with Traitors and Masons with a recruit action, haha. (But I don't believe this is the case).

Jamiet99uk

#395 Post by Jamiet99uk » Wed Mar 15, 2023 10:42 am

KoalaAttack wrote:
Wed Mar 15, 2023 10:37 am
Though I see worcej just voted to bring that back :)

#KOALA behave normally

Jamiet99uk

#396 Post by Jamiet99uk » Wed Mar 15, 2023 10:44 am

worcej wrote:
Wed Mar 15, 2023 10:38 am
ghug wrote:
Wed Mar 15, 2023 5:37 am
Jamiet99uk wrote:
Tue Mar 14, 2023 12:58 pm
Mild scumleans:

KoalaAttack
Hamilton Brian
Worcej

Mild townleans:

Ghug
Karrokoto
Uclabb
worcej wrote:
Wed Mar 15, 2023 12:48 am
How dare you…
I think I was going to comment on this earlier and then got work distracted, but this is a very scum Jamie post.
It definitely is low effort and feels very fabricated, but his tirade on Koala screams town!Jamie.
I was mostly just trying to (a) get you to react, which you did, and (b) see if anyone noticed I'd included a read on a person who is not in the game.

KoalaAttack

#397 Post by KoalaAttack » Wed Mar 15, 2023 10:45 am

KoalaKoala 1: Jamiet99uk

Jamiet99uk

#398 Post by Jamiet99uk » Wed Mar 15, 2023 10:46 am

worcej wrote:
Wed Mar 15, 2023 10:40 am
Jamiet99uk wrote:
Wed Mar 15, 2023 9:14 am
Worcej can't tell the difference between you and Kak.
I believe I already explained my stance on what I saw about Koala and should alleviate your concerns about my own line of thinking.
You did yes - you just accidentally interchangably said "Kak" instead of "Koala" while you were explaining.

Jamiet99uk

#399 Post by Jamiet99uk » Wed Mar 15, 2023 10:47 am

KoalaAttack wrote:
Wed Mar 15, 2023 10:45 am
KoalaKoala 1: Jamiet99uk
He's doing a survey!
He is imitating Bozo after all!

worcej

#400 Post by worcej » Wed Mar 15, 2023 10:47 am

Jamiet99uk wrote:
Wed Mar 15, 2023 10:41 am
worcej wrote:
Wed Mar 15, 2023 10:36 am

It would be a lot of fun if there was a setup with Traitors and Masons with a recruit action, haha. (But I don't believe this is the case).
agreed