MAFIA 78: Random Facts [GAME THREAD] - [HIDDEN]

If you have a game you want to play on the forum, you can do so here.
Forum rules
This is an area for forum games. Please note that to support mafia games players cannot edit their own posts in this forum. Off Topic threads will be relocated or deleted. Issues taking place in forum games should be dealt with by respective game GMs and escalated to the moderators only if absolutely necessary.
bozotheclown

Re: MAFIA 78: Random Facts [GAME THREAD] - [HIDDEN]

#3661 Post by bozotheclown » Fri Feb 24, 2023 11:37 pm

The amazing thing is that we were able to successfully DK ghug and PE with at most (and probably exactly) 4 town votes.

BK3K

#3662 Post by BK3K » Fri Feb 24, 2023 11:41 pm

President Eden wrote:
Fri Feb 24, 2023 7:35 pm
KoalaAttack wrote:
Fri Feb 24, 2023 7:34 pm
President Eden wrote:
Fri Feb 24, 2023 7:22 pm
Boy it sure smells like fucking NERD in here
And this feels like an intentional provocation to try to resurrect the Cussing Out incident. Not cool, but would be a logical Mafia play. Also Suspicious.
i would never

##VOTE TheFlyingBoat
Eden was flailing at end. With the "I think we should tie" like Bona pointed out. You can read the last 90 minutes of the day, but a few things felt like he was panicking.

I kinda feel like this TFB vote is not a bus, but a "kill anyone but me" vote.

TFB is still sus, but not at the top of the list. I feel like this vote threw town vibes on Boatman

But i know nothing, fuck

bozotheclown

#3663 Post by bozotheclown » Fri Feb 24, 2023 11:48 pm

BK3K wrote:
Fri Feb 24, 2023 11:41 pm
President Eden wrote:
Fri Feb 24, 2023 7:35 pm
KoalaAttack wrote:
Fri Feb 24, 2023 7:34 pm

And this feels like an intentional provocation to try to resurrect the Cussing Out incident. Not cool, but would be a logical Mafia play. Also Suspicious.
i would never

##VOTE TheFlyingBoat
Eden was flailing at end. With the "I think we should tie" like Bona pointed out. You can read the last 90 minutes of the day, but a few things felt like he was panicking.

I kinda feel like this TFB vote is not a bus, but a "kill anyone but me" vote.

TFB is still sus, but not at the top of the list. I feel like this vote threw town vibes on Boatman

But i know nothing, fuck
I know you said you have not been able to read everything, but I have a number of posts explaining why I thought PE and TFB were potentially mafia together, including PE's general reluctance to vote for TFB before D4 EOD. However, I could be wrong.

BK3K

#3664 Post by BK3K » Fri Feb 24, 2023 11:57 pm

For the first time in the game, I don't feel completely lost. For the first time in a long time, I'm whipping out the laptop so I can actually write.

Looking at President Eden's Day 4 Votes:
  • Open's the day with the first vote on Chaqa.
  • When chaqa rose to 4, he switched to Bona to drop it to 3
  • no fire caught there so he voted TFB, bringing two wagons tied at 3v3
  • jumps to rivera from t-23 to t-7
  • jumps back to TFB
  • chaqa tries to start fisch wagon, and in desperation, PE follows
  • fisch wagon goes nowhere (it is very late in the day) and hops back on TFB
I'm thinking he was hoping that enough people already had thrown out TFB as sus that it might work.

@bozo, i see your comment about them being a pair. I'll have research it. It may make sense. If Eden succeeded in killing TFB instead of himself either 1) TFB flips town and Eden looks like he fucked up, or 2) TFB flips scum and Eden looks like a hero. So maybe Boatman is scum, let me think

BK3K

#3665 Post by BK3K » Sat Feb 25, 2023 12:00 am

BK3K wrote:
Fri Feb 24, 2023 11:57 pm
For the first time in the game, I don't feel completely lost. For the first time in a long time, I'm whipping out the laptop so I can actually write.

Looking at President Eden's Day 4 Votes:
  • Open's the day with the first vote on Chaqa.
  • When chaqa rose to 4, he switched to Bona to drop it to 3
  • no fire caught there so he voted TFB, bringing two wagons tied at 3v3
  • jumps to rivera from t-23 to t-7
  • jumps back to TFB
  • chaqa tries to start fisch wagon, and in desperation, PE follows
  • fisch wagon goes nowhere (it is very late in the day) and hops back on TFB
I'm thinking he was hoping that enough people already had thrown out TFB as sus that it might work.

@bozo, i see your comment about them being a pair. I'll have research it. It may make sense. If Eden succeeded in killing TFB instead of himself either 1) TFB flips town and Eden looks like he fucked up, or 2) TFB flips scum and Eden looks like a hero. So maybe Boatman is scum, let me think
All this looks bad for Chaqa IMO. But the WIFOM is tough. Plus have to remember who accused whom and when

Bonatogether

#3666 Post by Bonatogether » Sat Feb 25, 2023 12:05 am

Chaqa wrote:
Fri Feb 24, 2023 9:57 pm
TFB has not at all measured up to his town games IMO
agree that he's not been firing on all cylinders

Bonatogether

#3667 Post by Bonatogether » Sat Feb 25, 2023 12:07 am

rdrivera2005 wrote:
Fri Feb 24, 2023 10:10 pm
Ok. This was close.

I think lfischl is just scum, the way he appeared just to try to save Eden is pretty obvious.
yeah lfischl comes off pretty terribly there

Bonatogether

#3668 Post by Bonatogether » Sat Feb 25, 2023 12:13 am

lfischl wrote:
Fri Feb 24, 2023 11:13 pm
rdrivera2005 wrote:
Fri Feb 24, 2023 11:07 pm
bozotheclown wrote:
Fri Feb 24, 2023 11:01 pm

Nice call switching back to PE, although I still suspect TFB. Now the question will be if you bussed PE.
No way that BK/Eden is bussing. Only possible busser is Chaqa but I don't believe it. All town on PE is what I think.
So say everyone on the PE wagon is town, that would leave myself, TFB, neon, and I'm going to count chaqa because he really only switched because of a tie. I'm not saying there has to be a scum on the eden wagon but I think there could be
who do you finger as possible scum on eden? your poe midway through d2 was chaqa, rd, bishkek, and boat man, of whom only bishkek voted eden, as per your standard

also what happened to koalers?

KoalaAttack

#3669 Post by KoalaAttack » Sat Feb 25, 2023 12:24 am

worcej wrote:
Fri Feb 24, 2023 10:06 pm
Random Facts from a GM:
Normally a president being killed isn’t a good thing. But then, sometimes it is.

PRESIDENT EDEN HAS DIED! He was a MAFIA GOON.

Night has begun. You may now post.
Woohoo! Great job everyone!!

This is a great flip – President Eden posted a metric ton of stuff that should be informative.

I am not caught up on all the posts and activity yet so far – just went straight to the EOD summary ... so I will go back and actually properly re-read the posts and see what happened with all the votes.

Off the top of my head before reading the rest – Bozo, I have been giving some thought to the Chaqa / lfischl whom I considered a Pairing but you made a good case for an Unpairing instead. Could you please share whether President Eden now being a confirmed Mafia affects that in your mind? I'll also give it some thought.

Also – just watching what brainbomb and Bozo did last night, I'm also thinking it's smart to share things towards the end of the Night, so remaining Mafia can't see what we are thinking. Is that right?

BK3K

#3670 Post by BK3K » Sat Feb 25, 2023 12:30 am

KoalaAttack wrote:
Sat Feb 25, 2023 12:24 am
worcej wrote:
Random Facts from a GM:
Normally a president being killed isn’t a good thing. But then, sometimes it is.

This is a great flip – President Eden posted a metric ton of stuff that should be informative.

I am not caught up on all the posts and activity yet so far – just went straight to the EOD summary ... so I will go back and actually properly re-read the posts and see what happened with all the votes.

Off the top of my head before reading the rest – Bozo, I have been giving some thought to the Chaqa / lfischl whom I considered a Pairing but you made a good case for an Unpairing instead. Could you please share whether President Eden now being a confirmed Mafia affects that in your mind? I'll also give it some thought.

Also – just watching what brainbomb and Bozo did last night, I'm also thinking it's smart to share things towards the end of the Night, so remaining Mafia can't see what we are thinking. Is that right?
unless Neon has a doctor charge to use on herself, she's far and away the most likely night target already, no?

Bonatogether

#3671 Post by Bonatogether » Sat Feb 25, 2023 12:31 am

BK3K wrote:
Sat Feb 25, 2023 12:30 am
KoalaAttack wrote:
worcej wrote:
Random Facts from a GM:

unless Neon has a doctor charge to use on herself, she's far and away the most likely night target already, no?
neon claimed they held last night, which means they can save anyone tonight, i believe

BK3K

#3672 Post by BK3K » Sat Feb 25, 2023 12:34 am

Bonatogether wrote:
Sat Feb 25, 2023 12:31 am
BK3K wrote:
KoalaAttack wrote:

neon claimed they held last night, which means they can save anyone tonight, i believe
they have unlimited RB though?

Bonatogether

#3673 Post by Bonatogether » Sat Feb 25, 2023 12:34 am

BK3K wrote:
Sat Feb 25, 2023 12:34 am
Bonatogether wrote:
BK3K wrote:

they have unlimited RB though?
oh true

Princess Neon

#3674 Post by Princess Neon » Sat Feb 25, 2023 12:37 am

bozotheclown wrote:
Fri Feb 24, 2023 11:27 pm
lfischl wrote:
Fri Feb 24, 2023 11:22 pm
BK3K wrote:
Fri Feb 24, 2023 11:20 pm

PE was strongly defending Neon, and neon was moving in tandem with PE. Eden's logic on why Neon must be doc made sense to me, but many of you implied Neon could be lying as either town or scum.

PE also kept saying "CC or no balls" so he didn't fully believe Neon either.

Not sure what to conclude from all this, but it's interesting at least
I mean if the doctor wasn't neon they would've CC'd by now, if neon is lying that leaves us 1 scum left
With the mafia having a RB, the real doctor (if not Neon) should stay hidden.
I am the real doctor. There is no hiding.

Princess Neon

#3675 Post by Princess Neon » Sat Feb 25, 2023 12:38 am

Bonatogether wrote:
BK3K wrote:
KoalaAttack wrote:

100% true

KoalaAttack

#3676 Post by KoalaAttack » Sat Feb 25, 2023 12:40 am

I am reading folks' posts side-by-side with the VCA timestamps.

Chaqa wrote:
Fri Feb 24, 2023 9:31 pm
The Eden wagon is absolutely bonkers and should not be a thing.
You guys would be much better served voting me out.
Chaqa wrote:
Fri Feb 24, 2023 9:31 pm
I'll fall on my sword for you bruv
Chaqa wrote:
Fri Feb 24, 2023 9:34 pm
##Vote Lfischl
Time to be the change I want to see
Do I even need to say "Ridiculously Suspicious" for these?

"I think Eden wagon is terrible, but here let me start a new wagon that's nowhere near the contention to be a realistic counter at this point"

Princess Neon

#3677 Post by Princess Neon » Sat Feb 25, 2023 12:45 am

Anyways. Eden flip clears Chaqa to me. But people don't often trust wagonomics. I do though.

Lfischl 100% looks maf.

I do not think Bozo or RDR should be being cleared from this but meh. It's possible.

Princess Neon

#3678 Post by Princess Neon » Sat Feb 25, 2023 12:48 am

Like if I'm mafia I always put no more than 2 on a run away town led wagon like BunnyGo

And I have my teammates sit outside the wagon but never stacked and I avoid killing off wagon unless I need to for PR.

It's text book and this wolf team is following it to the T.

BK3K

#3679 Post by BK3K » Sat Feb 25, 2023 12:48 am

Princess Neon wrote:
Sat Feb 25, 2023 12:45 am
Anyways. Eden flip clears Chaqa to me. But people don't often trust wagonomics. I do though.

Lfischl 100% looks maf.

I do not think Bozo or RDR should be being cleared from this but meh. It's possible.
Why? I feel the opposite. Can you explain?

BK3K

#3680 Post by BK3K » Sat Feb 25, 2023 12:49 am

Princess Neon wrote:
Sat Feb 25, 2023 12:48 am
Like if I'm mafia I always put no more than 2 on a run away town led wagon like BunnyGo

And I have my teammates sit outside the wagon but never stacked and I avoid killing off wagon unless I need to for PR.

It's text book and this wolf team is following it to the T.
noted. I never read the textbook so idk