MAFIA 78: Random Facts [GAME THREAD] - [HIDDEN]

If you have a game you want to play on the forum, you can do so here.
Forum rules
This is an area for forum games. Please note that to support mafia games players cannot edit their own posts in this forum. Off Topic threads will be relocated or deleted. Issues taking place in forum games should be dealt with by respective game GMs and escalated to the moderators only if absolutely necessary.
Bonatogether

Re: MAFIA 78: Random Facts [GAME THREAD] - [HIDDEN]

#3521 Post by Bonatogether » Fri Feb 24, 2023 2:47 pm

bozotheclown wrote:
Fri Feb 24, 2023 12:35 pm
Bonatogether wrote:
Fri Feb 24, 2023 12:32 pm
bozotheclown wrote:
Fri Feb 24, 2023 12:22 pm
All the suspicion of TFB without votes to back it up makes me think that TFB is a good DK today.
what? there's like 1 person less on boat man than the current leading wagon
With only 2 votes, despite about 6 of 10 players saying they suspect he is mafia.
oh i understand

bozotheclown

#3522 Post by bozotheclown » Fri Feb 24, 2023 2:47 pm

A TFB/PE/Chaqa mafia team would mean that lfischl and BK3K are the primary mis-kill targets, with PE testing today if a mis-kill of rdrivera is possible.

TFB/PE/lfischl is also possible, but I think lfischl's D2 vote for PE makes that less likely.

Chaqa
Bronze Donator
Bronze Donator

#3523 Post by Chaqa » Fri Feb 24, 2023 2:49 pm

bozotheclown wrote:
Fri Feb 24, 2023 2:35 pm
BK3K wrote:
Fri Feb 24, 2023 2:05 pm
bozotheclown wrote:
Fri Feb 24, 2023 12:22 pm
All the suspicion of TFB without votes to back it up makes me think that TFB is a good DK today.
Of all the people swirling around my head, you're never in the scum Poe. I'll back you up.

Other person's of interest for me include: Eden, chaqa, koala, bona. And honestly, i would have a good clear on anyone. If any one of you flipped scum, it wouldn't shock me.

##vote theboat
I think TFB/PE/Chaqa is a possibility.

ghug backed off his scum read of TFB D1 EOD, so knowing ghug was mafia, their was a scum motivation for it. It seems like an odd time to switch from targeting TFB to pocketing TFB, so I suspect ghug was providing a justification for not voting for TFB. PE did the same thing D1, so it is possible PE had been distance voting TFB as well. Chaqa's unexplained D1 EOD move to TFB also could be distancing.
I don't think it's unexplained. I thought Bunny was town and was trying to save him.

bozotheclown

#3524 Post by bozotheclown » Fri Feb 24, 2023 2:52 pm

Chaqa wrote:
Fri Feb 24, 2023 2:49 pm
bozotheclown wrote:
BK3K wrote:
Fri Feb 24, 2023 2:05 pm

Of all the people swirling around my head, you're never in the scum Poe. I'll back you up.

Other person's of interest for me include: Eden, chaqa, koala, bona. And honestly, i would have a good clear on anyone. If any one of you flipped scum, it wouldn't shock me.

##vote theboat

ghug backed off his scum read of TFB D1 EOD, so knowing ghug was mafia, their was a scum motivation for it. It seems like an odd time to switch from targeting TFB to pocketing TFB, so I suspect ghug was providing a justification for not voting for TFB. PE did the same thing D1, so it is possible PE had been distance voting TFB as well. Chaqa's unexplained D1 EOD move to TFB also could be distancing.
I don't think it's unexplained. I thought Bunny was town and was trying to save him.
You put BunnyGo in the lead with that vote.

Chaqa
Bronze Donator
Bronze Donator

#3525 Post by Chaqa » Fri Feb 24, 2023 3:01 pm

bozotheclown wrote:
Fri Feb 24, 2023 2:52 pm
Chaqa wrote:
bozotheclown wrote:

Hindsight is 20/20. At the time I thought I could shift momentum onto TFB.

Chaqa
Bronze Donator
Bronze Donator

#3526 Post by Chaqa » Fri Feb 24, 2023 3:02 pm

I want to flip TFB to vindicate myself now if he flips scum lol

President Eden

#3527 Post by President Eden » Fri Feb 24, 2023 3:06 pm

bozotheclown wrote:
Fri Feb 24, 2023 2:47 pm
A TFB/PE/Chaqa mafia team would mean that lfischl and BK3K are the primary mis-kill targets, with PE testing today if a mis-kill of rdrivera is possible.

TFB/PE/lfischl is also possible, but I think lfischl's D2 vote for PE makes that less likely.
Even setting aside the obvious, I struggle to fathom a world where ghug, TFB and I fail to miskill damo there. ghug might not have been long afterward, but I like to think if I were mafia that I would have been more decisive and persuasive in pushing damo.

I’m struggling to fathom a world where neither Chaqa nor TFB are mafia, but there’s no way it’s all 3 of us for several reasons

Bonatogether

#3528 Post by Bonatogether » Fri Feb 24, 2023 3:15 pm

Chaqa wrote:
Fri Feb 24, 2023 3:02 pm
let's not

have you read my case on eden?

Chaqa
Bronze Donator
Bronze Donator

#3529 Post by Chaqa » Fri Feb 24, 2023 3:43 pm

Bonatogether wrote:
Fri Feb 24, 2023 3:15 pm
Chaqa wrote:
let's not

Yeah.

I'm torn on Eden. I think he's quite off his normal town game, but I also think that could just be because he doesn't have the time to focus into mafia? But if he's mafia, why does he move to bus ghug there? Ghug is a valuable mafia to be alive, and it's hard for me to imagine he does that when he would be an expected nightkill as soon as like tonight or tomorrow.

BK3K

#3530 Post by BK3K » Fri Feb 24, 2023 4:41 pm

Chaqa wrote:
Fri Feb 24, 2023 3:43 pm
Bonatogether wrote:
Chaqa wrote:
let's not

Yeah.

I'm torn on Eden. I think he's quite off his normal town game, but I also think that could just be because he doesn't have the time to focus into mafia? But if he's mafia, why does he move to bus ghug there? Ghug is a valuable mafia to be alive, and it's hard for me to imagine he does that when he would be an expected nightkill as soon as like tonight or tomorrow.
This instinctually feels thin to me. I don't know Eden's normal style, but he's asking the most active here, so saying he doesn't have time to focus on on mania feelss really disingenuous. Also, it sounds like bussing at least one scum is to be expected.

President Eden

#3531 Post by President Eden » Fri Feb 24, 2023 5:01 pm

Chaqa wrote:
Fri Feb 24, 2023 2:46 pm
President Eden wrote:
Fri Feb 24, 2023 2:30 pm
Chaqa wrote:
Fri Feb 24, 2023 2:14 pm

Honestly I feel like I've been pretty not scummy this game, people just keep taking every joke I make the wrong way. I haven't even fake claimed any role that's in the game yet!
It’s not that, at least for me. Your investment level is uncharacteristic of your town game, but not your mafia game. You’ll coast sometimes as town, but you will have a view of the game state and some idea of where to go next. This degree of coasting is more likely to come from mafia
But I *do* have a view on the game state. I've been poking and prodding at Koala for most of the game, I've been narrowing the PoE down over time...

As far as investment, I will admit I am not super invested, but it's largely for out of game reasons. Unfortunately, the only way to prove this would be to talk to you about it out of the game I think, which kinda sucks because obviously it's against the rules.
I hate how this sounds so earnest yet is totally within your scum range.

Narrowed the POE to whom? Last I remember it had actually widened. Which I understand because my own is wider than I like, but nonetheless, that’s not telling me where your POE currently is.

I think if you were town there would be more suspect names being thrown out more assertively. If you’re narrowing things down then it’s basically entirely happening in your head, which to those of us out here is indistinguishable from it not happening at all

bozotheclown

#3532 Post by bozotheclown » Fri Feb 24, 2023 5:06 pm

President Eden wrote:
Fri Feb 24, 2023 3:06 pm
bozotheclown wrote:
Fri Feb 24, 2023 2:47 pm

Even setting aside the obvious, I struggle to fathom a world where ghug, TFB and I fail to miskill damo there. ghug might not have been long afterward, but I like to think if I were mafia that I would have been more decisive and persuasive in pushing damo.

I’m struggling to fathom a world where neither Chaqa nor TFB are mafia, but there’s no way it’s all 3 of us for several reasons
That would be the point of bussing, for town to question how you did not DK damo over ghug. Besides, you, TFB, and ghug were all voting for damo when you moved to damo 4 minutes before EOD. Considering the reason you gave for that vote change was to prevent damo form forcing a tie, you would have needed to move back to ghug when the vote was again 4-3 in order to not contradict your justification for moving to damo.

Chaqa
Bronze Donator
Bronze Donator

#3533 Post by Chaqa » Fri Feb 24, 2023 5:07 pm

You know my style isn't so much throwing out scumreads as it is voting for people who aren't townreads.

I've got you and Bozo in the town column based off the ghug wagon. Neon is presumptive Doc. Bona's effort seems town.

That left me with the pool I have, and I've had an ongoing suspicion of Lfishcl.

Koala I can't put my finger on completely. He alternates between scummy and town. But I don't want to vote today on him.

So basically right now I'd vote Lfischl, TFB, or B3K, but probably not Koala, Bona, or Rivera.

bozotheclown

#3534 Post by bozotheclown » Fri Feb 24, 2023 5:08 pm

BK3K wrote:
Fri Feb 24, 2023 4:41 pm
Chaqa wrote:
Fri Feb 24, 2023 3:43 pm
Bonatogether wrote:

let's not

Yeah.

This instinctually feels thin to me. I don't know Eden's normal style, but he's asking the most active here, so saying he doesn't have time to focus on on mania feelss really disingenuous. Also, it sounds like bussing at least one scum is to be expected.
I agree, I don't know how anyone could say this about PE regardless of his alignment.

bozotheclown

#3535 Post by bozotheclown » Fri Feb 24, 2023 5:14 pm

Chaqa wrote:
Fri Feb 24, 2023 3:01 pm
bozotheclown wrote:
Chaqa wrote:

You did not say why you were voting for him at the time, and ghug had just switched back to Bonatogether. Why did you think you had a better chance of DKing TFB than Bonatogether?

bozotheclown

#3536 Post by bozotheclown » Fri Feb 24, 2023 5:17 pm

Chaqa wrote:
Fri Feb 24, 2023 5:07 pm
You know my style isn't so much throwing out scumreads as it is voting for people who aren't townreads.

I've got you and Bozo in the town column based off the ghug wagon. Neon is presumptive Doc. Bona's effort seems town.

That left me with the pool I have, and I've had an ongoing suspicion of Lfishcl.

Koala I can't put my finger on completely. He alternates between scummy and town. But I don't want to vote today on him.

So basically right now I'd vote Lfischl, TFB, or B3K, but probably not Koala, Bona, or Rivera.
Is this the part where you and PE agree to vote for BK3K or lfischl?

President Eden

#3537 Post by President Eden » Fri Feb 24, 2023 5:22 pm

bozotheclown wrote:
Fri Feb 24, 2023 5:17 pm
Chaqa wrote:

this fuckin guy

@Chaqa—why not rdrivera? I suppose the same argument for bozo and me applies to him, but I find it curious that rdrivera escaped mention

Chaqa
Bronze Donator
Bronze Donator

#3538 Post by Chaqa » Fri Feb 24, 2023 5:22 pm

bozotheclown wrote:
Fri Feb 24, 2023 5:14 pm
Chaqa wrote:
Fri Feb 24, 2023 3:01 pm
bozotheclown wrote:

You did not say why you were voting for him at the time, and ghug had just switched back to Bonatogether. Why did you think you had a better chance of DKing TFB than Bonatogether?
I don't really remember tbh

Chaqa
Bronze Donator
Bronze Donator

#3539 Post by Chaqa » Fri Feb 24, 2023 5:32 pm

President Eden wrote:
Fri Feb 24, 2023 5:22 pm
bozotheclown wrote:
Fri Feb 24, 2023 5:17 pm
Chaqa wrote:

this fuckin guy

@Chaqa—why not rdrivera? I suppose the same argument for bozo and me applies to him, but I find it curious that rdrivera escaped mention
Well, I had assumed he had been AFK and didn't have a chance to switch off ghug. Looks like that isn't quite the case.

So he's probably closer to you and Bozo than the rest.

KoalaAttack

#3540 Post by KoalaAttack » Fri Feb 24, 2023 5:39 pm

rdrivera2005 wrote:
Fri Feb 24, 2023 1:58 pm
President Eden wrote:
Fri Feb 24, 2023 1:52 pm
bozotheclown wrote:
Fri Feb 24, 2023 12:33 pm
What specifically changed your mind about rdrivera?
I can’t make up my mind on whether ghug was bussed or not
Wanted to see what would happen if I gave people the chance to vote rdr since he’s been in the POE pool
No one bit
Neon bit. What you think about it?
I confess I entertained the thought of going to rdrivera, despite them being my 2nd most Townies read from the last version of my Suspect List.

It started as a silly follow up on my joke about The Evil Soulless – but then it turned serious in my mind. And the reason is ironic:

rdrivera is the one person I would seriously consider voting specifically because I Town-read them. The thing is, I Town-read them in pretty much exactly the same way as I did during the last game, where they were the Deep Wolf Mafia. And I just don't see what sets them apart / different this time around. So maybe I should just assume that my reads of them are bad and do the opposite of my read? What do people think of this crazy line of thinking?

---

But ultimately I decided to stick with my attempt to build momentum around the Chaqa wagon for a bit longer for now ... because I do feel like Chaqa did escape that scrutiny entirely way too easily behind the Damo avalanche last time around. And Chaqa just keeps doing that.

I understand what Chaqa is saying about "these are ways to hunt Mafia through some sort of reverse psychology mind-games". It's just... too easy of a hindsight justification. It's similar to BK3K's "all vibes" statement in my mind. Chaqa's mind-games and BK3K's vibes are approaches that can literally be used to justify anything – you can call anything, even the most egregious Mafia slip, a mind-game or a vibe ... too convenient a stance to adopt!