MAFIA 78: Random Facts [GAME THREAD] - [HIDDEN]

If you have a game you want to play on the forum, you can do so here.
Forum rules
This is an area for forum games. Please note that to support mafia games players cannot edit their own posts in this forum. Off Topic threads will be relocated or deleted. Issues taking place in forum games should be dealt with by respective game GMs and escalated to the moderators only if absolutely necessary.
KoalaAttack

Re: MAFIA 78: Random Facts [GAME THREAD] - [HIDDEN]

#3401 Post by KoalaAttack » Thu Feb 23, 2023 5:32 am

President Eden wrote:
Thu Feb 23, 2023 5:28 am
KoalaAttack wrote:
Thu Feb 23, 2023 5:21 am
President Eden wrote:
Thu Feb 23, 2023 5:15 am

Fucking lol
OK, I have serious question for experienced folks:

Last game, I was a Townier PR called the Gambler. Every night, I got at least one message by the GMs asking me whether I want to ##BET and often one more reminding me that I still have an unused ##BET.

If someone was assigned to a Doctor PR, and they straight up didn't do the thing their role is supposed to do, would GMs pester them – and more importantly, would GMs sub them sooner vs when Swordsman was subbed for Princes Neon?
It’s standard policy here to sub for failing to meet a very low participation minimum, but not for failing to use a power if other minimums are met. Ultimately GMs have a lot of discretion in how they manage their games, but I don’t remember a time where a GM subbed someone out solely for not using a power.

In the case of this Doctor’s rules, it may even be correct not to save on a night so that all options are open the following night. For instance, I wouldn’t be surprised if Neon held save last night given how obvious an (unstoppable) shot brain was, so that she could target anybody without restriction tonight if the mafia disbelieve her claim and don’t rb her.

All that to say that I’m very sure she’s telling the truth here

Thank you.

Err, the last sentence is a tad of a strong-conclusion leap – technically she could still be lying even irrespective of GMs policy, right? But I get what you are trying to say.

bozotheclown

#3402 Post by bozotheclown » Thu Feb 23, 2023 5:33 am

President Eden wrote:
Thu Feb 23, 2023 4:27 am
Chaqa wrote:
Thu Feb 23, 2023 4:23 am
Why not simply TFB, B3K, and Lfischl?

Or if not one of them, throw me into the mix as a backup, and I'll throw you in.
What if ghug switched to make sure all the mafia were on Bunny? Because “there’s no way mafia would all be on Bunny”
This seems plausible also.

KoalaAttack

#3403 Post by KoalaAttack » Thu Feb 23, 2023 5:33 am

KoalaAttack wrote:
Thu Feb 23, 2023 5:32 am
Err, the last sentence is a tad of a strong-conclusion leap – technically she could still be lying even irrespective of GMs policy, right? But I get what you are trying to say.
Sorry – please don't answer that. The ghost of brainbomb reminded me not to discuss this topic in my head.

bozotheclown

#3404 Post by bozotheclown » Thu Feb 23, 2023 5:37 am

Princess Neon wrote:
Thu Feb 23, 2023 5:08 am
I think we should stop tinfoiling worlds where all mafia are on Bunny

Mafia is clearly okay flipping on that wagon. Nobody off wagon is dying this skills be setting off alarm bells that there's mafia off wagon.
The reason you are assuming all mafia were not on the BunnyGo wagon is the reason I can see ghug making it happen.

President Eden

#3405 Post by President Eden » Thu Feb 23, 2023 5:37 am

KoalaAttack wrote:
Thu Feb 23, 2023 5:33 am
KoalaAttack wrote:
Sorry – please don't answer that. The ghost of brainbomb reminded me not to discuss this topic in my head.
We’re past that point lol. Or at least I am. Neon made her preferences clear so I see no point in being coy.

And yes she could be lying, I just don’t see the world where she is. It will come out at KILO so I’m not worried about it

Princess Neon

#3406 Post by Princess Neon » Thu Feb 23, 2023 6:00 am

Bonatogether wrote:
Thu Feb 23, 2023 5:18 am
Princess Neon wrote:
Thu Feb 23, 2023 5:16 am
Bonatogether wrote:
Thu Feb 23, 2023 5:09 am
neon if your solve is chaqa/rdr/bozo, half the scumteam were on the same vanity wagon d1?
My problem is that it's never actually RDR and Bozo I just actually have no idea who is wolfier.

Thread consensus there seems like RDR is wolfier and I could see that.

I guess I should say Chaqa/RDR or Bozo/+1
if you think this why did you post chaqa/rdr/bozo as a solve
Because I'm a genuis who was like it's one of these but not both but I can figure that out later and just put them both in poe but than I called it a solve and not a poe because my brain is dumb and I suck at translating thought to word

Princess Neon

#3407 Post by Princess Neon » Thu Feb 23, 2023 6:02 am

President Eden wrote:
Thu Feb 23, 2023 5:24 am
Princess Neon wrote:
I actively have no clue who the+1 is.

Fischl or BK maybe.

Actually yeah

Chaqa/rdr or bozo/fischl or bk

I think that's the solve that makes the most sense in almost all worlds.
Within that solve, I would easily go with Chaqa / RDR / lfischl.

Idk if I’m really down with this solve yet though.
Is your apparently pretty strong townread on TFB the product of anything particular that he’s done since you joined? I know you got to him being town based on wagons but I’m curious if anything piqued your curiosity since. (Also, how did you get there via wagons - I felt good about TFB for a while by consequence of believing damo mafia, but not through anything wagon-specific that I think you’d have seen without context)
I actually don't have a sure fire tr on tfb

What I do have is a wagon with 2 people in my poe on it + you and that wagon is ass to me because of that

Princess Neon

#3408 Post by Princess Neon » Thu Feb 23, 2023 6:05 am

bozotheclown wrote:
Thu Feb 23, 2023 5:37 am
Princess Neon wrote:

Mafia is clearly okay flipping on that wagon. Nobody off wagon is dying this skills be setting off alarm bells that there's mafia off wagon.
The reason you are assuming all mafia were not on the BunnyGo wagon is the reason I can see ghug making it happen.
This is a tinfoil that should almost never be entertained especially as nobody off wagon is being flipped keeping the pool for the off wagon solve bigger and more dangerous for town

Princess Neon

#3409 Post by Princess Neon » Thu Feb 23, 2023 6:06 am

President Eden wrote:
KoalaAttack wrote:
Thu Feb 23, 2023 5:33 am
KoalaAttack wrote:
We’re past that point lol. Or at least I am. Neon made her preferences clear so I see no point in being coy.

And yes she could be lying, I just don’t see the world where she is. It will come out at KILO so I’m not worried about it
I'll do you one better.

I will confirm that I did holster last night and can save anyone here tonight.

President Eden

#3410 Post by President Eden » Thu Feb 23, 2023 6:10 am

Princess Neon wrote:
Thu Feb 23, 2023 6:02 am
President Eden wrote:
Princess Neon wrote:
I actively have no clue who the+1 is.

Fischl or BK maybe.

Actually yeah

Chaqa/rdr or bozo/fischl or bk

I think that's the solve that makes the most sense in almost all worlds.

Is your apparently pretty strong townread on TFB the product of anything particular that he’s done since you joined? I know you got to him being town based on wagons but I’m curious if anything piqued your curiosity since. (Also, how did you get there via wagons - I felt good about TFB for a while by consequence of believing damo mafia, but not through anything wagon-specific that I think you’d have seen without context)

What I do have is a wagon with 2 people in my poe on it + you and that wagon is ass to me because of that
that’s pretty fucking fair :lol:
today should probably be your shot under the circumstances (if I like it 8-)), I just don’t want another zzz runaway day given how well the last one went

plus like… tfb can just be mafia here

bozotheclown

#3411 Post by bozotheclown » Thu Feb 23, 2023 6:10 am

Looking at the voting, ghug/TFB/lfischl/BK3K fits fairly well.

D1, ghug was jumping around among Bonatogether, damo, and BunnyGo, possibly to protect TFB, and may have ignored Chaqa because BK3K, then lfischl, were voting for Chaqa.

D2, BK3K and lfischl voted for PE while TFB was voting for damo, and BK3K and lfischl were not around for EOD, so ghug would have had no help with TFB already voting for damo.

D3, TFB, lfischl, and BK3K only voted for damo.

D4, neither lfischl or BK3K are voting for TFB.

With this combination, the only mafia votes for mafia would be ghug's early D1 vote for TFB, TFB's early D1 vote for BK3K, ghug's vote for lfischl D2, and BK3K's current D4 vote for lfischl.

Princess Neon

#3412 Post by Princess Neon » Thu Feb 23, 2023 6:15 am

President Eden wrote:
Thu Feb 23, 2023 6:10 am
Princess Neon wrote:
Thu Feb 23, 2023 6:02 am
President Eden wrote:

that’s pretty fucking fair :lol:
today should probably be your shot under the circumstances (if I like it 8-)), I just don’t want another zzz runaway day given how well the last one went

plus like… tfb can just be mafia here
I agree the good news is that I think the resistance to the wagons at present means we've got a scum. Damo was basically never a contested wagon.

bozotheclown

#3413 Post by bozotheclown » Thu Feb 23, 2023 6:15 am

Princess Neon wrote:
Thu Feb 23, 2023 6:05 am
bozotheclown wrote:
Princess Neon wrote:

This is a tinfoil that should almost never be entertained especially as nobody off wagon is being flipped keeping the pool for the off wagon solve bigger and more dangerous for town
From my point of view the question is if any of Chaqa, PE, or rdrivera are mafia, and while it is possible, I think there are better mafia suspects.

Princess Neon

#3414 Post by Princess Neon » Thu Feb 23, 2023 6:50 am

bozotheclown wrote:
Thu Feb 23, 2023 6:15 am
Princess Neon wrote:
Thu Feb 23, 2023 6:05 am
bozotheclown wrote:

From my point of view the question is if any of Chaqa, PE, or rdrivera are mafia, and while it is possible, I think there are better mafia suspects.
I respectfully disagree

TheFlyingBoat

#3415 Post by TheFlyingBoat » Thu Feb 23, 2023 7:32 am

bozotheclown wrote:
Thu Feb 23, 2023 6:10 am
Looking at the voting, ghug/TFB/lfischl/BK3K fits fairly well.

D1, ghug was jumping around among Bonatogether, damo, and BunnyGo, possibly to protect TFB, and may have ignored Chaqa because BK3K, then lfischl, were voting for Chaqa.

D2, BK3K and lfischl voted for PE while TFB was voting for damo, and BK3K and lfischl were not around for EOD, so ghug would have had no help with TFB already voting for damo.

D3, TFB, lfischl, and BK3K only voted for damo.

D4, neither lfischl or BK3K are voting for TFB.

With this combination, the only mafia votes for mafia would be ghug's early D1 vote for TFB, TFB's early D1 vote for BK3K, ghug's vote for lfischl D2, and BK3K's current D4 vote for lfischl.
yeah except had ghug voted for damo D2 early he almost certainly survives. It was his weird behavior around that wagon that got both Eden and I to peg tgem as a duo.

You also seem to ignore that I pushed BK3K pretty hard D1 and tried to get others to hop on before giving up and pushing swords and then making what I thought would be a grand meta tell on damo which I thought was only confirmed by his scummy behavior after.

That being said I do agree that the other two scum reads you have on me. The only delta I have in the list I most recently proposed is that I have Chaqa on there instead of me. But you do make a good point about D1 that makes me lean against Chaqa being the person there...will need to think harder about the third remaining scum I guess.

TheFlyingBoat

#3416 Post by TheFlyingBoat » Thu Feb 23, 2023 7:41 am

bozotheclown wrote:
Princess Neon wrote:

I could see ghug doing it but let's not spiral early imo

TheFlyingBoat

#3417 Post by TheFlyingBoat » Thu Feb 23, 2023 7:46 am

##vote bk3k

maybe this gets me an OMGUS return vote but I feel better about this than Chaqa if lfischl is supposed to be a teammate like many do.

Now I could see a world in which it is ghug/BK3K/Chaqa + 1 but again I don't like either rdr or bozo as bussers here very much. I suppose I could see it being Koala, but I found his early game pretty towny so idk.

KoalaAttack

#3418 Post by KoalaAttack » Thu Feb 23, 2023 8:45 am

Sorry, but I have one more question for the group:

Chaqa (3) lfischl KoalaAttack Princess Neon*
TheFlyingBoat (3) bozotheclown Chaqa President Eden
President Eden (1) Bonatogether
lfischl (1) BK3K
BK3K (1) TheFlyingBoat

So right now the vote is tied at 3 and 3 – and Chaqa has voted for TFB who is their closest competing wagon, while TFB votes for BK3K saying they don't mind drawing an OMGUS vote for it, which would put TFB to 4-1

Instinctively, this makes me go "Suspect Chaqa more, Suspect TFB less"

But at the same time, it's still Day 4 deadline: 1 day, 13 hours, 17 minutes and we also had a big discussion on being defensive vs not as a Townie... so maybe it's way to early to read into this?

Experienced players who are non-Chaqa and non-TFB – how much or how little should I be reading into this?

KoalaAttack

#3419 Post by KoalaAttack » Thu Feb 23, 2023 8:46 am

KoalaAttack wrote:
Thu Feb 23, 2023 8:45 am
So right now the vote is tied at 3 and 3 – and Chaqa has voted for TFB who is their closest competing wagon, while TFB votes for BK3K saying they don't mind drawing an OMGUS vote for it, which would put TFB to 4-1
which would put TFB to 4-3

Princess Neon

#3420 Post by Princess Neon » Thu Feb 23, 2023 9:28 am

KoalaAttack wrote:
Thu Feb 23, 2023 8:45 am
Sorry, but I have one more question for the group:

Chaqa (3) lfischl KoalaAttack Princess Neon*
TheFlyingBoat (3) bozotheclown Chaqa President Eden
President Eden (1) Bonatogether
lfischl (1) BK3K
BK3K (1) TheFlyingBoat

Instinctively, this makes me go "Suspect Chaqa more, Suspect TFB less"

But at the same time, it's still Day 4 deadline: 1 day, 13 hours, 17 minutes and we also had a big discussion on being defensive vs not as a Townie... so maybe it's way to early to read into this?

Experienced players who are non-Chaqa and non-TFB – how much or how little should I be reading into this?
I suggest not reading too much into vote movements like this until EoD.

If this happened like 30 mins to EoD I'd be more inclined to call it towny