MAFIA 78: Random Facts [GAME THREAD] - [HIDDEN]

If you have a game you want to play on the forum, you can do so here.
Forum rules
This is an area for forum games. Please note that to support mafia games players cannot edit their own posts in this forum. Off Topic threads will be relocated or deleted. Issues taking place in forum games should be dealt with by respective game GMs and escalated to the moderators only if absolutely necessary.
Bonatogether

Re: MAFIA 78: Random Facts [GAME THREAD] - [HIDDEN]

#3341 Post by Bonatogether » Thu Feb 23, 2023 3:36 am

Chaqa wrote:
Thu Feb 23, 2023 3:34 am
Bonatogether wrote:
Thu Feb 23, 2023 3:30 am
Chaqa wrote:
Thu Feb 23, 2023 3:29 am

I mean why else try to kill brain

Actually, this gives me the impression of a mafia team who would feel threatened by brain
yeah that makes more sense to me, but that doesn't point to anyone
It pointed to ghug, at least somewhat.

Maybe Eden, TFB, +1newbie?
are you sure about ghug 🤔i thought he flipped town

President Eden

#3342 Post by President Eden » Thu Feb 23, 2023 3:38 am

Chaqa wrote:
Bonatogether wrote:
Chaqa wrote:

I mean why else try to kill brain

Actually, this gives me the impression of a mafia team who would feel threatened by brain

what.

ghug was dead when they shot brain lol.

also, basic intellectual honesty would require you to point out that brain had the father of all hard-ons for killing you at that point in time, so the natural team to divine from that theory is you + TFB + one other who wasn't well positioned enough to solo

President Eden

#3343 Post by President Eden » Thu Feb 23, 2023 3:39 am

THAT said, I don't think PR hunting is a bad guess at motive, and at the time brain was one of very few people who was realistically never being miskilled

President Eden

#3344 Post by President Eden » Thu Feb 23, 2023 3:40 am

KoalaAttack wrote:
Thu Feb 23, 2023 3:32 am
Bonatogether wrote:
i don't even understand this hypocrisy bit, but if hypocrisy was a scumtell, then the entire game would be scum.
You really do not see that me switching Damo from NAI to Suspect based on being defensive and then me being defensive the same way would be hypocritical?

Like, is this post for real? Suspicious more and more.
holy mother of doth protest too much batman

KoalaAttack

#3345 Post by KoalaAttack » Thu Feb 23, 2023 3:40 am

Bonatogether wrote:
Thu Feb 23, 2023 3:35 am
KoalaAttack wrote:
Bonatogether wrote:
i don't even understand this hypocrisy bit, but if hypocrisy was a scumtell, then the entire game would be scum.
You really do not see that me switching Damo from NAI to Suspect based on being defensive and then me being defensive the same way would be hypocritical?

damo was defensive, and he was town, no?

also, explain to me how 'hypocrisy -> scum' and why because you made a read on that basis, you can't be defensive.
Correct. Damo was a defensive town which resulted in a miskill, which is bad news for the Town overall. You seem to be shopping around for a repeat.

I feel I am being baited. What makes me Suspicious is your presumed motivation for said baiting.

Hypocrisy is a form of lying, or at least a close relative. If I can't hunt Mafias based on catching folks engaging in lying, then I don't know what else I should hunt Mafias based on.

I am going to stop feeding the baiting troll unless someone else asks me to follow up more. No offense, but I feel like I'm talking to a wall :)

bozotheclown

#3346 Post by bozotheclown » Thu Feb 23, 2023 3:44 am

President Eden wrote:
Thu Feb 23, 2023 2:51 am
Bonatogether wrote:
Thu Feb 23, 2023 2:36 am
what did i do that erased being 'basically clear'?

explain
completely ceasing to give a fuck about the game state for 4 days and then jumping on me miskilling damo to post a massive wall of fabricated bullshit that you know no one is actually going to read and very likely was not written to be read
I read Bonatogether's post and I don't know what you mean by "not written to be read". I think he had some good points, specifically about the possibility of you bussing ghug, although a lot of it could fall under confirmation bias. Unless he is right, because then everything you post would be scum motivated. In any case, that would be an impressive post for someone to bother to make as mafia.

Chaqa
Bronze Donator
Bronze Donator

#3347 Post by Chaqa » Thu Feb 23, 2023 3:44 am

Bonatogether wrote:
Thu Feb 23, 2023 3:36 am
Chaqa wrote:
Bonatogether wrote:

I thought so too

Chaqa
Bronze Donator
Bronze Donator

#3348 Post by Chaqa » Thu Feb 23, 2023 3:45 am

President Eden wrote:
Thu Feb 23, 2023 3:38 am
Chaqa wrote:
Bonatogether wrote:

what.

also, basic intellectual honesty would require you to point out that brain had the father of all hard-ons for killing you at that point in time, so the natural team to divine from that theory is you + TFB + one other who wasn't well positioned enough to solo
So we agree on TFB?

##Vote TFB

Bonatogether

#3349 Post by Bonatogether » Thu Feb 23, 2023 3:47 am

KoalaAttack wrote:
Thu Feb 23, 2023 3:40 am
Bonatogether wrote:
Thu Feb 23, 2023 3:35 am
KoalaAttack wrote:

damo was defensive, and he was town, no?

also, explain to me how 'hypocrisy -> scum' and why because you made a read on that basis, you can't be defensive.
Correct. Damo was a defensive town which resulted in a miskill, which is bad news for the Town overall. You seem to be shopping around for a repeat.

I feel I am being baited. What makes me Suspicious is your presumed motivation for said baiting.

Hypocrisy is a form of lying, or at least a close relative. If I can't hunt Mafias based on catching folks engaging in lying, then I don't know what else I should hunt Mafias based on.

I am going to stop feeding the baiting troll unless someone else asks me to follow up more. No offense, but I feel like I'm talking to a wall :)
point of note: damo was not killed because he was defensive, but because he was scummy through d2, n2, and d3. he was defensive once he realized that town momentum was against him and most people he thought were town were coming for him.

how am i shopping for your kill. i'm literally offering you advice

the underlined paragraph shifts from talking about hypocrisy to saying that i'm claiming you specifically can't catch people with lying, which is just not true. i believe hypocrisy isn't a scumtell, as i've said, but you're digging your heels in here over something i don't even understand

just another brick in the wall

Bonatogether

#3350 Post by Bonatogether » Thu Feb 23, 2023 3:48 am

bozotheclown wrote:
Thu Feb 23, 2023 3:44 am
President Eden wrote:
Bonatogether wrote:

explain
completely ceasing to give a fuck about the game state for 4 days and then jumping on me miskilling damo to post a massive wall of fabricated bullshit that you know no one is actually going to read and very likely was not written to be read
I read Bonatogether's post and I don't know what you mean by "not written to be read". I think he had some good points, specifically about the possibility of you bussing ghug, although a lot of it could fall under confirmation bias. Unless he is right, because then everything you post would be scum motivated. In any case, that would be an impressive post for someone to bother to make as mafia.
bozothegoat

=D

Bonatogether

#3351 Post by Bonatogether » Thu Feb 23, 2023 3:48 am

Chaqa wrote:
Bonatogether wrote:
Thu Feb 23, 2023 3:36 am
Chaqa wrote:

I thought so too
maybe eden's gaslighting us

President Eden

#3352 Post by President Eden » Thu Feb 23, 2023 3:49 am

bozotheclown wrote:
President Eden wrote:
Bonatogether wrote:

explain
in fairness, maybe as the target who knows it's wrong, I had a shorter tolerance for it. but from my perspective, it is a gigantic screed of confirmation bias clearly coming from the position of somebody who went into my ISO wanting to see me as scum, whatever the actual evidence may say. and it's also borderline unreadable to me with large quote boxes that don't need to be there. I know I write a lot, but jesus.

I would begrudgingly concede that it's hard to imagine somebody putting all that work in as mafia though. I think Bona just might if he thought it would get specifically me miskilled, because I'd never hear the end of it, but I'd have to acknowledge that the more probable explanation is that he's town and very off-base.

BK3K

#3353 Post by BK3K » Thu Feb 23, 2023 3:50 am

Chaqa is known to be suspicious to many, and already 4 votes there. President, fish, koala, princess (i know PE has since moved). Considering the damo wagon also built steam and was wrong, i wouldn't be surprised if one or two scum are here

On the other hand, Bona is going hard on Eden after i expressed suspicion there, and had been "buddying" a bit this whole game.

I'm aware these two thoughts somewhat contradict each other, but I'm not sure which way to go.

##vote lfischl

Just build up another wagon for now, see how people move. Plenty of time to revisit

President Eden

#3354 Post by President Eden » Thu Feb 23, 2023 3:50 am

Chaqa wrote:
Thu Feb 23, 2023 3:45 am
President Eden wrote:
Thu Feb 23, 2023 3:38 am
Chaqa wrote:

what.

So we agree on TFB?

##Vote TFB
no, because I don't think I agree with your theory about why brain got shot.

but I'm cool with it anyway tbh.

##VOTE TheFlyingBoat

Chaqa
Bronze Donator
Bronze Donator

#3355 Post by Chaqa » Thu Feb 23, 2023 3:53 am

Unless... what if ghug only voted for town D1.

bozotheclown

#3356 Post by bozotheclown » Thu Feb 23, 2023 4:14 am

President Eden wrote:
Thu Feb 23, 2023 3:49 am
bozotheclown wrote:
President Eden wrote:

in fairness, maybe as the target who knows it's wrong, I had a shorter tolerance for it. but from my perspective, it is a gigantic screed of confirmation bias clearly coming from the position of somebody who went into my ISO wanting to see me as scum, whatever the actual evidence may say. and it's also borderline unreadable to me with large quote boxes that don't need to be there. I know I write a lot, but jesus.

I would begrudgingly concede that it's hard to imagine somebody putting all that work in as mafia though. I think Bona just might if he thought it would get specifically me miskilled, because I'd never hear the end of it, but I'd have to acknowledge that the more probable explanation is that he's town and very off-base.
Can you tell me what the last post was that you saw D2 EOD before your final vote for ghug, and why you decided at that time to switch your vote back to him?

President Eden

#3357 Post by President Eden » Thu Feb 23, 2023 4:19 am

if Bona is truly town and truly giga tunneling me then we are so fucked.

I say this less as an accusation and more as a lamentation, because bozo is right, it’s pretty hard to imagine this effort coming from scum Bona.

~~

maybe rdrivera? what does that mean for TFB? does rdr bus TFB D1?

Chaqa
Bronze Donator
Bronze Donator

#3358 Post by Chaqa » Thu Feb 23, 2023 4:23 am

Why not simply TFB, B3K, and Lfischl?

Or if not one of them, throw me into the mix as a backup, and I'll throw you in.

Chaqa
Bronze Donator
Bronze Donator

#3359 Post by Chaqa » Thu Feb 23, 2023 4:23 am

Koala and Neon also are not clear by any means.

President Eden

#3360 Post by President Eden » Thu Feb 23, 2023 4:25 am

bozotheclown wrote:
Thu Feb 23, 2023 4:14 am
President Eden wrote:
Thu Feb 23, 2023 3:49 am
bozotheclown wrote:

Can you tell me what the last post was that you saw D2 EOD before your final vote for ghug, and why you decided at that time to switch your vote back to him?
The technically correct answer is that I saw brainbomb switch to ghug and switched to take away the possibility of damo or ghug tying the vote, but I’m pretty sure that’s not what you’re really asking for

This was the exchange that put me over the top in preferring ghug to damo:
ghug wrote:
Sat Feb 18, 2023 9:34 pm
President Eden wrote:
Sat Feb 18, 2023 9:30 pm
TheFlyingBoat wrote:
Sat Feb 18, 2023 8:48 pm

Like this post and makes me more confident you're town, but why wouldn't ghug call a hard bus right now instead of equivocating and being wishy-washy? I feel like scum ghug would try stop the bleeding and cut damo loose here. The only explanation I can think of that explains why ghug is waiting and trying to see if there is a way to save damo is if the other two scum buddies are mega inactive lurkers and/or people ghug doesn't trust to lead the game to a successful end after he racks up a couple miskills for scum before getting caught.
I'm starting to come around to the idea that it's damo, ghug, and a couple of people who either haven't been involved (lurkers) or have proven ineffectual at being able to steer things away from damo and ghug. I can imagine that it's got to be hard in ghug's shoes where both you and your only other teammate that's getting into the mix are on the block. You don't want to give them up unless you have to.

Look at his Bona vote at this stage... that's obviously not going anywhere and it's hard to believe he even gives a shit about it
Man, that's unfair. Bona had severe interest as recently as the beginning of the day, and we had an hour left and no consensus. Plenty of wagons emerge in that timeline, and I still see bona doing a fat load of nothing despite being here all day.
At the time, with myself and what I believed to be two scum on the block, ghug was voting for Bona, doing nothing to push that vote, and dodging any real inquiry about damo. It came right on the heels of me putting forward the damo + ghug + 2 lurkers theory and seemed to fit into the vision of the game that I had. The post also came off as fake whiny to me, like he wanted to simulate offense at my claim that he wasn’t sincere, but couldn’t actually muster the emotion because it wasn’t real