MAFIA 78: Random Facts [GAME THREAD] - [HIDDEN]

If you have a game you want to play on the forum, you can do so here.
Forum rules
This is an area for forum games. Please note that to support mafia games players cannot edit their own posts in this forum. Off Topic threads will be relocated or deleted. Issues taking place in forum games should be dealt with by respective game GMs and escalated to the moderators only if absolutely necessary.
President Eden

Re: MAFIA 78: Random Facts [GAME THREAD] - [HIDDEN]

#3261 Post by President Eden » Wed Feb 22, 2023 9:57 pm

Not ignoring your rdrivera points, I guess I need to review him again because I liked his interactions with ghug

TheFlyingBoat

#3262 Post by TheFlyingBoat » Wed Feb 22, 2023 9:58 pm

This is going to sound really pathetic...but I just don't know who the last three can be.

D1
Final Vote Count:
BunnyGo (9) brainbomb, Fluminator, Bonatog​ether, damo666, BK3K, TheFlyingBoat, KoalaAttack, lfischl, g​hug
Bonatogether (4) swordsman3003/Neon, President Eden, BunnyGo, Chaqa
TheFlyingBoat (2) bozotheclown, rdr​ivera2005

D2
Final Vote Count:
ghug (5) rdrivera2005, brainbomb, Presiden​t Eden, damo666, bozotheclown
damo666 (3) TheFlyingBoat, B​onatogether, ghug
President Eden (2) BK3K, lfischl
BK3K (1) KoalaAttack
KoalaAtt​ack (1) Chaqa

D3
FINAL VOTE COUNT

damo666 (10) - President Eden*, Chaqa*, TheFlyingBoat, Bonatogether, Rdrivera2005, BK3K*, brainbomb, KoalaAttack, Lfischl, bozotheclown

Chaqa (1) - Prncess Neon*

TheFlyingBoat (1) - Damo666

Like I look at this and I see the team based on the votes being something like ghug/chaqa/rdr/lfischl, but I don't fully like it. Will think on it more, but I am admittedly overwhelmed with 2 jobs rn and don't really feel confident in myself rn. I'll get over it soon prolly, but I don't know how I could have been wrong there.

brainbomb

#3263 Post by brainbomb » Wed Feb 22, 2023 9:59 pm

because seeing damo reminded me that there are just these "styles" (yea thats the word...) of players on this forum and you just have to slog your way through their "style" of play to actually get things accomplished.

Some people just habitually sign up to play and arent about the sporting aspect of it. and thats fine. some people only get excited to be scum. some people only get excited to be PR. some people see who signed up on the playerlist and they already know they arent gonna have fun.

Chaqa just was never going to really try or have fun in this game unless he was a PR and if I wasnt playing.

with me dead now maybe he will be excited to play and will try more and help town

bozotheclown

#3264 Post by bozotheclown » Wed Feb 22, 2023 9:59 pm

Now knowing damo was town, I think it is less likely ghug was bussed D2, but it is possible PE or rdrivera were just trying to distance vote him not expecting him to be in contention at EOD and decided it was best to follow through with the bus.

I still think ghug was trying to divert votes from someone D1 EOD, and TFB, Chaqa, and Bonatogether are all possible. I still suspect TFB the most because ghug was listing him in his scum reads.

lfischl is looking more suspicious, by POE if nothing else, but the way lfischl voted Chaqa D1 when Chaqa was a wagon would be atypical for lfischl if both he and Chaqa were mafia, so maybe one or the other is mafia.

I am starting to think it is possible KoalaAttack is putting in a lot of effort as mafia and asking question to come across as town.

dargorygel
Site Moderator
Site Moderator

#3265 Post by dargorygel » Wed Feb 22, 2023 10:00 pm

PLEASE HOLD

dargorygel
Site Moderator
Site Moderator

#3266 Post by dargorygel » Wed Feb 22, 2023 10:02 pm

The kilt has come to signify a natural and unmistakable masculinity, but it has a long history of outside intervention and deliberate reinvention. From its origins as the basic garb of the Highlander, Scotsmen and many non-Scotsmen alike have embraced it as uniform, formal and semi-formal wear, and casual everyday wear. The kilt’s ability to remain recognizable while responding to changing circumstances and consumer demands has been instrumental in maintaining its popularity through successive generations and, increasingly, throughout the world.

The kilt as we know it today originated in the first quarter of the eighteenth century. Known to the Gaelic-speaking Highlander as the “little wrap” (feileadh beag), it evolved from the “big wrap” (feileadh mor), or belted plaid, the first identifiably “Scottish” costume that emerged in the late sixteenth century. Earlier, the Scottish Gaels had worn the same clothes as their Irish counterparts, namely a shirt known in Gaelic as the léine and a semi-circular mantle known in Gaelic as the brat.
The belted plaid consisted of a four- to six-yard length of woolen cloth about two yards wide. In Highland Costume (1977), John Telfer Dunbar explains how the belted plaid was arranged on the body. It was laid out on the ground and gathered in folds with a plain section left at each side. The man lay down on it with one selvage at about knee level, and fastened it with a belt. When he stood up, the lower part was like a kilt, and the upper part could be draped around the body in a variety of different styles. Several dress historians, however, have discounted this method on the grounds of impracticality. They propose that the most pragmatic and time-effective method was to gather the pleats in the hand, pass the plaid around the body, secure it loosely with the belt, and then tighten it after a final adjustment of the pleats.
The kilt as worn today is the lower half of the belted plaid with the back pleats stitched up. Its invention is credited to Thomas Rawlinson, an English ironmaster who employed Highlanders to work his furnaces in Glengarry near Inverness. Finding the belted plaid cumbersome, he conceived of the “little kilt” on the grounds of efficiency and practicality, a means of bringing the Highlanders “out of the heather and into the factory.”1 However, as Dorothy K. Burnham asserts in Cut My Cote (1997), it is more likely that the transformation came about as the natural result of a change from the warp-weighted loom to the horizontal loom with its narrower width.

Not long after the kilt’s invention, the Diskilting Act was enacted in the wake of the Jacobite Uprising of 1745. This rebellion, organized by Prince Charles Edward Stuart (Bonnie Prince Charlie), marked the final attempt by the Jacobites to regain the British throne. As in the previous Jacobite risings, the “Young Pretender” sought and won the support of many Highland chiefs and their clans. When the Jacobites were defeated at the Battle of Culloden (1746) by the Duke of Cumberland and his troops, a campaign of “pacification” of the Highlands was undertaken “beginning with fire and the sword, and leading on into social engineering of various kinds.” The latter included the proscription of Highland costume, which was seen as a symbol of rebellion and primitive savagery.
=-=-=-=-=-
BRAINBOMB IS DEAD. HE WAS A VALLINA TOWNIE, or A VANILLA TOWNIE
IT IS NOW DAYTIME and you may resume posting

dargorygel
Site Moderator
Site Moderator

#3267 Post by dargorygel » Wed Feb 22, 2023 10:03 pm

oh... and
Night has ended.

President Eden

#3268 Post by President Eden » Wed Feb 22, 2023 10:08 pm

##VOTE Chaqa

You heard the man—if you’ve been hiding because of your beef with brain then it’s officially put up or shut up time

bozotheclown

#3269 Post by bozotheclown » Wed Feb 22, 2023 10:10 pm

brainbomb wrote:
Sun Feb 19, 2023 6:06 am
So we breathe sanity back into the game

TOWN
bozo
koala
rdrivera
bona
eden
neon

NULL
lfischl
BK

Scum
TheFlyingBoat
Damo
Chaqa
These N2 reads might have been good enough to draw the NK.

BK3K

#3270 Post by BK3K » Wed Feb 22, 2023 10:12 pm

bozotheclown wrote:
Wed Feb 22, 2023 10:10 pm
brainbomb wrote:

TOWN
bozo
koala
rdrivera
bona
eden
neon

NULL
lfischl
BK

Scum
TheFlyingBoat
Damo
Chaqa
Except for not damo

Bonatogether

#3271 Post by Bonatogether » Wed Feb 22, 2023 10:13 pm

checking in to see the nk

lfischl

#3272 Post by lfischl » Wed Feb 22, 2023 10:15 pm

bozotheclown wrote:
Wed Feb 22, 2023 10:10 pm
brainbomb wrote:

TOWN
bozo
koala
rdrivera
bona
eden
neon

NULL
lfischl
BK

Scum
TheFlyingBoat
Damo
Chaqa
yeah that and the fact that everyone townread him

Bonatogether

#3273 Post by Bonatogether » Wed Feb 22, 2023 10:15 pm

##vote eden

will respond to posts from night in a bit

lfischl

#3274 Post by lfischl » Wed Feb 22, 2023 10:16 pm

##vote chaqa

President Eden

#3275 Post by President Eden » Wed Feb 22, 2023 10:16 pm

Bonatogether wrote:
Wed Feb 22, 2023 10:13 pm
checking in to see the nk
You’re so fucking lame :lol:

bozotheclown

#3276 Post by bozotheclown » Wed Feb 22, 2023 10:26 pm

TheFlyingBoat wrote:
Wed Feb 15, 2023 7:43 am
bozotheclown wrote:
Wed Feb 15, 2023 7:26 am
ghug wrote:
Wed Feb 15, 2023 7:16 am

Please elaborate.

Have you read everything?
Yes, I have read everything.

As far as I can tell, Chaqa is being voted for claiming to be mafia, you are the only Bonatogether voter who suspects him, Fluminator is town, and I am not sure why TFB is still voting swordsman. BunnyGo does appear to have 2 voters who suspect him, but I do not see why he is particularly suspicious so far.
I implied I'd move on when swords gave me an independent thought and he still hasn't yet. Why would I move for now? I could vote Chaqa for being a dumbass with the joke scum claim, but that doesn't seem to do much good. Bona is so obviously town, I see no reason to go there. I am not going to vote the Vig.

The reason there is no traction on any wagon is that imo every wagon sucks.

As for my vote, Swords fancies himself to be a good psycho analyst on his website, so I want to see some of the brought to play here. I could pressure Bungo but people seem to be interested in him as is and he seems to be giving something I can analyze with greater context.
I was the only one voting for TFB when he posted this D1 and went on record as not liking the Bonatogether, BunnyGo, or Chaqa wagons. If he was mafia trying to pocket them and not expecting them to later be his counter wagons, it would explain why he maintained that they were bad wagons and starting pushing damo. I also still think ghug citing TFB criticizing his counter wagons as the reason not to vote for him implicates TFB, although it is not impossible ghug was just setting him up by making a false connection.

##VOTE TheFlyingBoat

President Eden

#3277 Post by President Eden » Wed Feb 22, 2023 10:29 pm

Definitely don’t mind a TFB wagon here.

lfischl

#3278 Post by lfischl » Wed Feb 22, 2023 10:34 pm

President Eden wrote:
Wed Feb 22, 2023 10:29 pm
Definitely don’t mind a TFB wagon here.
Neither do I, that was who damo told us to flip if he flipped town correct

KoalaAttack

#3279 Post by KoalaAttack » Wed Feb 22, 2023 10:54 pm

brainbomb wrote:
Wed Feb 22, 2023 9:54 pm
I could peice this together in then minutes but ive already pretty much done so.

Scum
rdrivera-TFB-eden
rdrivera-koala-eden
rdrivera-chaqa-koala
rdrivera-tfb-koala
rivera-eden-koala

these the are teams I see most likely.

my top suspect is rivera. but you do you town.

also the reasoning on why koala is scum is when he became sympathetic to damo during the day 3 phase, and bought into damos conspiracies and seemed to white knight him vs me. He claimed that damo if town probably beleived his theories, and this was at a time when no sane person couldve imagined damo was actually serious and was doing anything other than spamming the game.

review the times where rdrivera and koala talk. there is forced scum distancing in riveras posts to koala. and rivera seems almost angry with him and it feels off and very sus.

koala also pushed the im new card way too hard. and kept asking for clarity on what the WCS pathway to a loss was. And I think this was by design to keep reminding people he is just new and could never be evil here. probably coaching by eden or rivera or chaqa
brainbomb wrote:
Wed Feb 22, 2023 9:55 pm
rivera silenced the game day 3 by pushing the narrative that damo could never be town and that no one other than damo was dying d3. this was also said by chaqa but I think at the time chaqa's reasons felt more sincere. whereas rivera was just trying to shut the game down for his own purposes.
This is very interesting. I am going to do some ISO reading on rdrivera and TFB based on this. I already heavily suspect both Eden & Chaqa.

As for myself – I will certainly not defend myself. If many folks think I am Mafia, the rational move is for you all to kill me. All I ask is that you please read the last 2 versions of my Suspects Lists very carefully before you do it, and then consider the Suspicions and trends in there after my flip confirms authenticity. You will also see that my treatment of Damo has been consistent with the trend in the lists, which should help reinforce the rest of the thinking in there. And if you do it, do it sooner rather than later before we run out of miskills.

KoalaAttack

#3280 Post by KoalaAttack » Wed Feb 22, 2023 10:56 pm

bozotheclown wrote:
Wed Feb 22, 2023 9:59 pm
Now knowing damo was town, I think it is less likely ghug was bussed D2, but it is possible PE or rdrivera were just trying to distance vote him not expecting him to be in contention at EOD and decided it was best to follow through with the bus.

I still think ghug was trying to divert votes from someone D1 EOD, and TFB, Chaqa, and Bonatogether are all possible. I still suspect TFB the most because ghug was listing him in his scum reads.

lfischl is looking more suspicious, by POE if nothing else, but the way lfischl voted Chaqa D1 when Chaqa was a wagon would be atypical for lfischl if both he and Chaqa were mafia, so maybe one or the other is mafia.

I am starting to think it is possible KoalaAttack is putting in a lot of effort as mafia and asking question to come across as town.
Wait, are you saying lfischl and Chaqa are an Unpairing, as opposed to a Pairing? Hmm...