MAFIA 78: Random Facts [GAME THREAD] - [HIDDEN]

If you have a game you want to play on the forum, you can do so here.
Forum rules
This is an area for forum games. Please note that to support mafia games players cannot edit their own posts in this forum. Off Topic threads will be relocated or deleted. Issues taking place in forum games should be dealt with by respective game GMs and escalated to the moderators only if absolutely necessary.
bozotheclown

Re: MAFIA 78: Random Facts [GAME THREAD] - [HIDDEN]

#2861 Post by bozotheclown » Mon Feb 20, 2023 6:48 pm

I think damo is very likely mafia for a number of reasons, but in my opinion, damo is the worst possible DK today.

bozotheclown

#2862 Post by bozotheclown » Mon Feb 20, 2023 6:59 pm

Since there is such a consensus on damo, he obviously is going to be flipped before the end of the game, but doing it today wastes a very good opportunity for town.

If damo is DKed today, regardless of whether he is mafia or town, if we are about to DK a mafia at D4 EOD, and the doctor is still hidden, as would be preferable, the mafia about to be DKed can claim doctor at EOD and potentially cause us to waste one of our available mis-kills, force the the doctor to counterclaim, or both.

However, if we do not DK damo D3, and we about to DK a mafia at D3 EOD, if they claim doctor, it will redirect the DK to damo, who is either mafia, or a mis-kill that we are going to make eventually anyway.

This takes away a potential opportunity from the mafia.

The downside is that we lose the information we would get from the confirmation of damo's alignment, but I think that can wait until D4.

bozotheclown

#2864 Post by bozotheclown » Mon Feb 20, 2023 7:05 pm

President Eden wrote:
Sun Feb 19, 2023 10:35 pm
anyway, my serious answer is that bozo is lost in the sauce after damo dies, and they want him around ginning people up against me/tfb because they need whatever miskills they can get

and they didn't shoot me because enough of you one-man clown fiestas think i've been hard bussing my whole team all game so they think they can miskill me
You keep forgetting that you are not supposed to know TFB's alignment yet.

bozotheclown

#2865 Post by bozotheclown » Mon Feb 20, 2023 7:07 pm

bozotheclown wrote:
Mon Feb 20, 2023 7:05 pm
President Eden wrote:
anyway, my serious answer is that bozo is lost in the sauce after damo dies, and they want him around ginning people up against me/tfb because they need whatever miskills they can get

and they didn't shoot me because enough of you one-man clown fiestas think i've been hard bussing my whole team all game so they think they can miskill me
If you are town, I would think that you would also consider that the mafia targeted a TFB voter.

bozotheclown

#2866 Post by bozotheclown » Mon Feb 20, 2023 7:14 pm

Princess Neon wrote:
Mon Feb 20, 2023 8:57 am
I'm gonna be honest I can only read into vote spew right now

I think Eden is infinitely townier since I've joined this game than Chaqa and I like how they've approached me here today.

I think Eden is just town so I think Chaqa is always mafia.
I know you have not caught up on the current game state, but PE is very capable of saying the right things as mafia.

Can you please explain why you are confident one and only one of PE and Chaqa is mafia?

President Eden

#2867 Post by President Eden » Mon Feb 20, 2023 7:18 pm

i hate these posts from bozo
bozotheclown wrote:
Mon Feb 20, 2023 6:59 pm
Since there is such a consensus on damo, he obviously is going to be flipped before the end of the game, but doing it today wastes a very good opportunity for town.

If damo is DKed today, regardless of whether he is mafia or town, if we are about to DK a mafia at D4 EOD, and the doctor is still hidden, as would be preferable, the mafia about to be DKed can claim doctor at EOD and potentially cause us to waste one of our available mis-kills, force the the doctor to counterclaim, or both.

However, if we do not DK damo D3, and we about to DK a mafia at D3 EOD, if they claim doctor, it will redirect the DK to damo, who is either mafia, or a mis-kill that we are going to make eventually anyway.

The downside is that we lose the information we would get from the confirmation of damo's alignment, but I think that can wait until D4.
what about the obvious issue of us running up a townie here and damo actually getting to live another day? are we going to just pretend that we're killing somebody else but then all handshake agree to go back to damo? is the mafia supposed to be even remotely moved by this?

hate this. this reads like a bunch of rationalization for saving damo.
bozotheclown wrote:
Mon Feb 20, 2023 7:07 pm
bozotheclown wrote:
President Eden wrote:

If you are town, I would think that you would also consider that the mafia targeted a TFB voter.
that was in response to the prompt "why would mafia not nk town bozo." the obvious answer is that they see you as a reliable patsy to miskill people after damo flips mafia. since "people" here means me and TFB according to your theory at the time, I know that's at least half right, and it just about has to be totally right (otherwise, if you're town and going after TFB correctly, you probably SHOULD be dead - so the correct answer to "why wasn't town bozo shot" almost has to be "because town bozo is wrong"). I've been townreading Boat since N1ish because I think he wouldn't bus damo D1 in the spot where he accused damo. it makes perfect sense to me.

you didn't even try to read what you quoted in context. this reeks of bad faith

and now you're here trying to BS some reason to keep damo alive for another day when he's obvscum and a question that we all know needs resolving.

welcome to the scum pool

Bonatogether

#2868 Post by Bonatogether » Mon Feb 20, 2023 7:28 pm

damo666 wrote:
Mon Feb 20, 2023 5:02 pm
What would be the motivation for town brain to reveal? He makes himself clear for today but sure fire NK tonight. So presumably he is not doc who self saved.

Problem is voting for brain would be a doc reveal so he's gonna get away with it.

If he is not NK tonight he should be dk 2m.

However if brain is town scum could nk someone else to engineer a mk 2m.

This is why if brain is town it as probably the worst play in history.

I am town and we are gonna lose.
leaving mostly-clear town alive is the most basic wifom in history

smoothbrain post

Bonatogether

#2869 Post by Bonatogether » Mon Feb 20, 2023 7:29 pm

damo666 wrote:
Mon Feb 20, 2023 5:35 pm
Question for those voting me:

Do you think brain's reveal was a good idea.

If not, do you think I'm scum pushing a teammate?

Think carefully about these questions.
yes

not sure what you're saying

no

Bonatogether

#2870 Post by Bonatogether » Mon Feb 20, 2023 7:39 pm

bozotheclown wrote:
Mon Feb 20, 2023 5:55 pm
I am busy right now, but please no more hammers until I have the chance to post.

I will be back soon, but for now, I have a question I would like everyone to answer:

Why do you think ghug voted for BunnyGo 13 minutes before D1 EOD?
the damo voters seemed less attached to their wagon than the voters on me - swords was afk, chaqa had declared i was scum, etc. almost the entire damo wagon swung towards bongo. the people voting me mostly didn't swing.

you could have learnt this if you read my vca post

Bonatogether

#2871 Post by Bonatogether » Mon Feb 20, 2023 7:43 pm

bozotheclown wrote:

this is insane

Bonatogether

#2872 Post by Bonatogether » Mon Feb 20, 2023 7:44 pm

im here for eden vs bozo smackdown

bozotheclown

#2873 Post by bozotheclown » Mon Feb 20, 2023 7:53 pm

President Eden wrote:
Mon Feb 20, 2023 7:18 pm
i hate these posts from bozo
bozotheclown wrote:

what about the obvious issue of us running up a townie here and damo actually getting to live another day? are we going to just pretend that we're killing somebody else but then all handshake agree to go back to damo? is the mafia supposed to be even remotely moved by this?

hate this. this reads like a bunch of rationalization for saving damo.
bozotheclown wrote:
Mon Feb 20, 2023 7:07 pm
bozotheclown wrote:

that was in response to the prompt "why would mafia not nk town bozo." the obvious answer is that they see you as a reliable patsy to miskill people after damo flips mafia. since "people" here means me and TFB according to your theory at the time, I know that's at least half right, and it just about has to be totally right (otherwise, if you're town and going after TFB correctly, you probably SHOULD be dead - so the correct answer to "why wasn't town bozo shot" almost has to be "because town bozo is wrong"). I've been townreading Boat since N1ish because I think he wouldn't bus damo D1 in the spot where he accused damo. it makes perfect sense to me.

you didn't even try to read what you quoted in context. this reeks of bad faith

and now you're here trying to BS some reason to keep damo alive for another day when he's obvscum and a question that we all know needs resolving.

welcome to the scum pool
I did not read what you said out of context, what you said was based on the assumption TFB is town. I do not dismiss the possibility that you are town and TFB is not, but apparently you do, and that is what I do not understand.

As for the first part, yes, I think we can all agree to vote damo as a backup today if we have a doctor claim at EOD, and if not, we can DK damo D4.

I do want to "keep damo alive for another day", but for a very good reason, and I do not see any way he can harm us D3 as mafia.

What possible scum motivation would I have for delaying a damo DK one day?

Also, how can damo be both "obvscum" and "a question that we all know needs resolving"?

bozotheclown

#2874 Post by bozotheclown » Mon Feb 20, 2023 7:55 pm

Bonatogether wrote:
Mon Feb 20, 2023 7:39 pm
bozotheclown wrote:
I am busy right now, but please no more hammers until I have the chance to post.

I will be back soon, but for now, I have a question I would like everyone to answer:

the damo voters seemed less attached to their wagon than the voters on me - swords was afk, chaqa had declared i was scum, etc. almost the entire damo wagon swung towards bongo. the people voting me mostly didn't swing.

That does not answer they question of why you think ghug voted for BunnyGo.

bozotheclown

#2875 Post by bozotheclown » Mon Feb 20, 2023 7:57 pm

Bonatogether wrote:
Mon Feb 20, 2023 7:43 pm
bozotheclown wrote:

this is insane
Does that mean you are unwilling to delay the damo DK until D4?

bozotheclown

#2876 Post by bozotheclown » Mon Feb 20, 2023 8:05 pm

TheFlyingBoat wrote:
Wed Feb 15, 2023 10:13 pm
Fluminator wrote:
Wed Feb 15, 2023 10:11 pm
I found bona's flailing at the end quite townie fwiw. I would lean towards that being a town vs. town there
Agreed. I find the way the damo wagon died highly suspect though.
TheFlyingBoat wrote:
Wed Feb 15, 2023 10:30 pm
Fluminator wrote:
Wed Feb 15, 2023 10:15 pm
The wagon was me, you, bunny, and ghug.
I'm going to assume you don't find me, bunny, or yourself suspicious?
Right, so I guess that only leaves Ghug, but I don't feel like Ghug is scum. Maybe it was right but lacked traction because no scum would touch it?
TFB's first post was "correct", but then he back tracked on it when Fluminator pointed out that he and ghug were the only non-confirmed town voting for damo D1 when his wagon reached its highest vote court of 4. I think TFB did not realize what he was saying only implicated himself and ghug.

Bonatogether

#2877 Post by Bonatogether » Mon Feb 20, 2023 8:07 pm

bozotheclown wrote:
Mon Feb 20, 2023 7:55 pm
Bonatogether wrote:
Mon Feb 20, 2023 7:39 pm
bozotheclown wrote:

That does not answer they question of why you think ghug voted for BunnyGo.
if damo is scum, then he just took the bottom out on his wagon

Bonatogether

#2878 Post by Bonatogether » Mon Feb 20, 2023 8:08 pm

bozotheclown wrote:
Mon Feb 20, 2023 7:57 pm
Bonatogether wrote:
Mon Feb 20, 2023 7:43 pm
bozotheclown wrote:

this is insane
Does that mean you are unwilling to delay the damo DK until D4?
it's primae facie a terrible idea

brainbomb

#2879 Post by brainbomb » Mon Feb 20, 2023 8:09 pm

if we do hammer it only makes sense to do so in next hour and a half

brainbomb

#2880 Post by brainbomb » Mon Feb 20, 2023 8:09 pm

if were not hammering then we welcome 24 more hours of random damo shit