MAFIA 78: Random Facts [GAME THREAD] - [HIDDEN]

If you have a game you want to play on the forum, you can do so here.
Forum rules
This is an area for forum games. Please note that to support mafia games players cannot edit their own posts in this forum. Off Topic threads will be relocated or deleted. Issues taking place in forum games should be dealt with by respective game GMs and escalated to the moderators only if absolutely necessary.
brainbomb

Re: MAFIA 78: Random Facts [GAME THREAD] - [HIDDEN]

#2641 Post by brainbomb » Sun Feb 19, 2023 7:32 am

bozotheclown wrote:
Sun Feb 19, 2023 7:27 am
ghug wrote:
Wed Feb 15, 2023 6:38 pm
Eliminating people I think are town/new/good, I think I want to kill in the following (in column-major order rather than purely alphabetical):
damo
Bona
Bozo
Boat
lfischl

Could maaaybe be talked into Bunny or Eden.
3 hours before D1 EOD, ghug still had damo and TFB in his scum pool, and despite briefly voting for damo twice after that, ghug risked looking suspicious at EOD to make sure BunnyGo or Bonatogether was the DK over damo or TFB.
Probably the most realistic course of events I would have to agree

TheFlyingBoat

#2642 Post by TheFlyingBoat » Sun Feb 19, 2023 7:32 am

bozotheclown wrote:
ghug wrote:
Eliminating people I think are town/new/good, I think I want to kill in the following (in column-major order rather than purely alphabetical):
damo
Bona
Bozo
Boat
lfischl

3 hours before D1 EOD, ghug still had damo and TFB in his scum pool, and despite briefly voting for damo twice after that, ghug risked looking suspicious at EOD to make sure BunnyGo or Bonatogether was the DK over damo or TFB.
I mean he also didn't vote for lfischl either and that's a trivial miskill. My guess as to why he didn't take me or damo out and chose to condemn Bunny over Bona is that he didn't view me as a valuable target to take out, which does hurt, but at the end of the day I guess he assumed I'd post a bunch of wallposts which no one would read and that my thoughts would be safely ignored.

brainbomb

#2643 Post by brainbomb » Sun Feb 19, 2023 7:33 am

Can I ask what you envision ghug felt about the chaqa wagon during that time?

TheFlyingBoat

#2644 Post by TheFlyingBoat » Sun Feb 19, 2023 7:42 am

brainbomb wrote:
Sun Feb 19, 2023 7:33 am
Can I ask what you envision ghug felt about the chaqa wagon during that time?
He clearly wanted Chaqa to live. Why that is is up in the air and there are reasons why schum!ghug wants to keep both town!Chaqa and scum!Chaqa around.

bozotheclown

#2645 Post by bozotheclown » Sun Feb 19, 2023 7:54 am

TheFlyingBoat wrote:
Sun Feb 19, 2023 7:18 am
bozotheclown wrote:
Sun Feb 19, 2023 7:03 am
TheFlyingBoat wrote:
Sun Feb 19, 2023 6:21 am

@bozo could you reply to this? I get that you can dismiss it pretty easily with WIFOM, but I do think it is something worth at least trying to grapple with before you do.
Considering the primary reason I suspected ghug was mafia is because he did everything he could to keep you from getting DKed D1 after voting for you early D1 and saying you were "clearly scum", you are going to have to do something that makes it clear to me you are town for me to stop suspecting you are one of ghug's teammates.

When ghug and damo became the top wagons, you and PE were already voting for damo, so if you and PE are mafia, you are right about the "inability for scum to maneuver" part, but not about the "unwillingness to hard bus".
Right but you don't answer the question about ghug. Why is c not wagoning Damo to death? He shaded him and it was clear PE and I were not going to let him go (until PE did :lol: ).

It would not have been a new read for him, given that damo was one of his 5 targets and would allow him to look pretty good as a bunch of people were on the fence about him already as is. Like yes, some people would wonder why ghug is still alive Day 4, but surely then, if he trusted his teammates, he would have been comfortable going there after forcing another miskill or 2.

Instead his unwillingness to vote Damo for large parts of the day became highly suspicious and in tandem with what happened D1/N1, caused me and others to consider the possibility they may be a pair.

Ghug is a smart guy. Why does he do this?
Assuming damo is mafia, I think there are a number of possibilities why ghug avoided voting for damo, but I think a reasonable one is to provide cover for his teammates who were bussing damo. You and PE may be town, but if you are, I would expect you to be considering the possibility that someone may have been bussing damo if ghug wasn't, but instead you both jumped to the conclusion that the mafia stayed off the wagons.

It is possible that the mafia team is ghug, damo, and 2 players who did not vote for damo or ghug D2. However, that would not explain ghug and PE calling you scum early D1 then protecting you at EOD.

bozotheclown

#2646 Post by bozotheclown » Sun Feb 19, 2023 8:00 am

TheFlyingBoat wrote:
Sun Feb 19, 2023 7:32 am
bozotheclown wrote:
ghug wrote:
damo
Bona
Bozo
Boat
lfischl t

I mean he also didn't vote for lfischl either and that's a trivial miskill. My guess as to why he didn't take me or damo out and chose to condemn Bunny over Bona is that he didn't view me as a valuable target to take out, which does hurt, but at the end of the day I guess he assumed I'd post a bunch of wallposts which no one would read and that my thoughts would be safely ignored.
ghug was careful to suggest he was changing his read of you near EOD in preparation for pushing other wagons at EOD. I don't know why he would bother doing that if you are town.

TheFlyingBoat

#2647 Post by TheFlyingBoat » Sun Feb 19, 2023 10:31 am

bozotheclown wrote:
Sun Feb 19, 2023 8:00 am
TheFlyingBoat wrote:
Sun Feb 19, 2023 7:32 am
bozotheclown wrote:

ghug was careful to suggest he was changing his read of you near EOD in preparation for pushing other wagons at EOD. I don't know why he would bother doing that if you are town.
Maybe he wanted to pocket me and thought praise after a scum read would be less obvious than a blatant buddy? I mean it semi-worked as I did have some doubts and thought it might have been organic. Only the greater context of D1/N1 and then especially D2 convinced me he might be scum.

TheFlyingBoat

#2648 Post by TheFlyingBoat » Sun Feb 19, 2023 10:50 am

bozotheclown wrote:
Sun Feb 19, 2023 7:54 am
TheFlyingBoat wrote:
Sun Feb 19, 2023 7:18 am
bozotheclown wrote:
Sun Feb 19, 2023 7:03 am

Considering the primary reason I suspected ghug was mafia is because he did everything he could to keep you from getting DKed D1 after voting for you early D1 and saying you were "clearly scum", you are going to have to do something that makes it clear to me you are town for me to stop suspecting you are one of ghug's teammates.

When ghug and damo became the top wagons, you and PE were already voting for damo, so if you and PE are mafia, you are right about the "inability for scum to maneuver" part, but not about the "unwillingness to hard bus".
Right but you don't answer the question about ghug. Why is c not wagoning Damo to death? He shaded him and it was clear PE and I were not going to let him go (until PE did :lol: ).

It would not have been a new read for him, given that damo was one of his 5 targets and would allow him to look pretty good as a bunch of people were on the fence about him already as is. Like yes, some people would wonder why ghug is still alive Day 4, but surely then, if he trusted his teammates, he would have been comfortable going there after forcing another miskill or 2.

Instead his unwillingness to vote Damo for large parts of the day became highly suspicious and in tandem with what happened D1/N1, caused me and others to consider the possibility they may be a pair.

Ghug is a smart guy. Why does he do this?
Assuming damo is mafia, I think there are a number of possibilities why ghug avoided voting for damo, but I think a reasonable one is to provide cover for his teammates who were bussing damo. You and PE may be town, but if you are, I would expect you to be considering the possibility that someone may have been bussing damo if ghug wasn't, but instead you both jumped to the conclusion that the mafia stayed off the wagons.

It is possible that the mafia team is ghug, damo, and 2 players who did not vote for damo or ghug D2. However, that would not explain ghug and PE calling you scum early D1 then protecting you at EOD.
If you recall I did initially outright assume the way the damo wagon collapsed was suspect because I thought mafia were on it and then pulled support out. Then when Flum asked me point out who specifically I thought was scum, I said ghug was the only real possibility but I didn't think he was scum anymore, which admittedly is a bit sus I suppose, but I did at least consider it a possibility that D1's damo wagon had scum on it.

What explains the latter two protecting me is that ghug wanted to pretend to be town and doing so meant seeing what looked like genuine townie hunting and calling it such after others did before.

The only way I can see Eden being scum is if he was pocketing me to the max with the I expect better from you boatman schtick. But honestly I feel fairly confident PE is town.

damo666

#2649 Post by damo666 » Sun Feb 19, 2023 11:29 am

There seems to be a theory either I or TFB are scum.

If this is true TFB is scum.

Could someone who assumes I'm scum please put that on hold and assume the opposite and explain to me why TFB is then scum.

TIA

Bozo would probably be a good person to answer this.

damo666

#2650 Post by damo666 » Sun Feb 19, 2023 11:33 am

For those questioning me tying the vote please tell me why my mk is better than a no kill.

From mpov I am 100% town ang although I townread ghug he was < 100%town.

I don't see why voting ghug is not the auto thing to do. I'm sure most town in that position would do likewise.

rdrivera2005
Gold Donator
Gold Donator

#2651 Post by rdrivera2005 » Sun Feb 19, 2023 12:18 pm

damo666 wrote:
Sun Feb 19, 2023 11:33 am
For those questioning me tying the vote please tell me why my mk is better than a no kill.

From mpov I am 100% town ang although I townread ghug he was < 100%town.

I don't see why voting ghug is not the auto thing to do. I'm sure most town in that position would do likewise.
You are better then this and you know that a tie at this point is even worst then a miskil as we don't have info and lose a miskill anyway considering the numbers.
And any town that knows how to play won't tie in that position.

BK3K

#2652 Post by BK3K » Sun Feb 19, 2023 2:41 pm

Bonatogether wrote:
Sun Feb 19, 2023 4:52 am
BK3K wrote:
Tue Feb 14, 2023 5:45 pm
• BK3K
o me
• Bonatogether
o Fought a little with him
o Seems to be trying to figure shit out – asking me a lot of probing questions
• Bozotheclown
o silent
• brainbomb
o angry at participation
• BunnyGo
o Nuff said
• Chaqa
o Likes the Eagles
o Likes IASIP
• damo666
• Fluminator
• Ghug
• Jamiet99uk
• KoalaAttack
o Seems to jump to reaching conclusions
• lfischl
• President Eden
o Might be biased since Bunny shared his advice at work with us
o Trust him, but not strongly
• rdrivera2005
• swordsman3003
o silent
• TheFlyingBoat

started to take notes, I'll try to pay attention better to who is like what
bishkek what happened to your notes
I stopped taking them. I'm a vibes only player now

brainbomb

#2653 Post by brainbomb » Sun Feb 19, 2023 3:35 pm

TheFlyingBoat (4): bozo, rdr, Eden, Bona
Chaqa (3): HungryBunny, BK, Koala
BunnyGo (3): brain, Flum, damo
Bonatogether (2): swordsy, ghug
Fluminator (1): Chaqa,
Swordsman3003 (1): Boat

brainbomb

#2654 Post by brainbomb » Sun Feb 19, 2023 3:37 pm

Chaqa (4): Bunny, BK3000, Koala, brain
Bonatogether (4): swordsy, ghugsy, Chaqasy, Edensy
TheFlyingBoat (3): bozo, rdr, bona
BunnyGo (1): Flum
damo666 (1): TheFlyingGoat
Lfischl (1): damo

TFB wagon begins to die here, and Bona wagon starts to take off

brainbomb

#2655 Post by brainbomb » Sun Feb 19, 2023 3:40 pm

l

Chaqa (5): Bunny, Koala, bb, Eden, fish
Bonatogether (4) swordsy, Chaqa, ghug, damo
TheFlyingBoat (3) bozo, rdr, bona
damo666 (1): TFB
Lfishl (1): Flum
President Eden (1) BK3K

final hour the chaqa wagon surges and the bona wagon rises to try to match it
with tfb wagon fading

and within final hour the damo wagon props up as well

brainbomb

#2656 Post by brainbomb » Sun Feb 19, 2023 3:44 pm

worcej wrote:
Wed Feb 15, 2023 9:55 pm
Vote Count:
Bonatogether (4) swordsman3003 Chaqa damo666 President Eden
BunnyGo (4) ghug brainbomb Fluminator Bonatogether
damo666 (3) TheFlyingBoat BunnyGo KoalaAttack
TheFlyingBoat (2) bozotheclown rdrivera2005
President Eden (1) BK3K
Chaqa (1) lfischl

5 Minutes left to EOD. I am out of my meeting, so no delay expected.
The bona wagon is now tied with bunny. bona is self pres on bunny. flum is town. I know I am town. and ghug is scum on bunny.

if TFB is town its possible bozo or rivera has a wolf among them.

Any thoughts?

So it seems pretty likely that scum is on bona. At least two of those people are mafia if damo is mafia.

brainbomb

#2657 Post by brainbomb » Sun Feb 19, 2023 3:45 pm

Eden-Neon-Chaqa seems like a possible scumteam as well

President Eden

#2658 Post by President Eden » Sun Feb 19, 2023 3:52 pm

brainbomb wrote:
Sun Feb 19, 2023 3:44 pm
worcej wrote:
Wed Feb 15, 2023 9:55 pm
Vote Count:
Bonatogether (4) swordsman3003 Chaqa damo666 President Eden
BunnyGo (4) ghug brainbomb Fluminator Bonatogether
damo666 (3) TheFlyingBoat BunnyGo KoalaAttack
TheFlyingBoat (2) bozotheclown rdrivera2005
President Eden (1) BK3K
Chaqa (1) lfischl

5 Minutes left to EOD. I am out of my meeting, so no delay expected.
The bona wagon is now tied with bunny. bona is self pres on bunny. flum is town. I know I am town. and ghug is scum on bunny.

if TFB is town its possible bozo or rivera has a wolf among them.

Any thoughts?

So it seems pretty likely that scum is on bona. At least two of those people are mafia if damo is mafia.
That snapshot just makes me think the late Bunny voters were mafia

President Eden

#2659 Post by President Eden » Sun Feb 19, 2023 3:54 pm

That’s a pool of BK3K, TheFlyingBoat, Koala, lfischl, and of course ghug who flipped mafia

President Eden

#2660 Post by President Eden » Sun Feb 19, 2023 3:57 pm

Obviously probably not all four of them did that, but damo was viable with 5mins to go, so the mafia needed to consolidate somewhere. And my vague recollection is that someone thought Bunny was suspicious for the way he was shifting votes near EOD and a runaway suddenly occurred, which suggests that perhaps the mafia saw that sentiment shifting and pulled the trigger on that