MAFIA 78: Random Facts [GAME THREAD] - [HIDDEN]

If you have a game you want to play on the forum, you can do so here.
Forum rules
This is an area for forum games. Please note that to support mafia games players cannot edit their own posts in this forum. Off Topic threads will be relocated or deleted. Issues taking place in forum games should be dealt with by respective game GMs and escalated to the moderators only if absolutely necessary.
Bonatogether

Re: MAFIA 78: Random Facts [GAME THREAD] - [HIDDEN]

#2241 Post by Bonatogether » Sat Feb 18, 2023 4:14 am

that's sad

i'll miss you

rdrivera2005
Gold Donator
Gold Donator

#2242 Post by rdrivera2005 » Sat Feb 18, 2023 4:17 am

Bonatogether wrote:
Sat Feb 18, 2023 4:14 am
that's sad

i'll miss you
Yep, keep playing. Koala don't have a sense of humor and it's possibly scum. You are obviously town and this was a good outcome from this exchange.

BK3K

#2243 Post by BK3K » Sat Feb 18, 2023 4:22 am

rdrivera2005 wrote:
Sat Feb 18, 2023 4:17 am
Bonatogether wrote:
Sat Feb 18, 2023 4:14 am
that's sad

i'll miss you
Yep, keep playing. Koala don't have a sense of humor and it's possibly scum. You are obviously town and this was a good outcome from this exchange.
Koala=square

BK3K

#2244 Post by BK3K » Sat Feb 18, 2023 4:27 am

With this I'm logging off till Sunday EST. Let the chips fall where they may

Chaqa
Bronze Donator
Bronze Donator

#2245 Post by Chaqa » Sat Feb 18, 2023 4:35 am

KoalaAttack wrote:
Sat Feb 18, 2023 3:55 am
BK3K wrote:
Sat Feb 18, 2023 3:14 am
I'm out at the bars and drinking. Fuck you koala, shit ass bitch

Trying to draw the vote for lulz
##VOTE BK3K

I will no longer respond or alter my vote until the end of day. Everyone else, good luck and hope you get at least one Mafia tonight. And if I get killed by the Mafia tonight, please check out my lists from earlier.

Have a great weekend everyone, and ironic thank you to BK3K for making it easy to have the detox from following this thread for a day.
I still think this is fake energy.

Bonatogether

#2246 Post by Bonatogether » Sat Feb 18, 2023 4:43 am

the vote count analysis for day 1, pt 1
a curious specimen

a major wagon is one with 3 or more votes

day 1 started like all day 1s do, with shitposting. this game had more shitposting than recent ones, which i enjoyed, largely because it was a lot of me. weee!

the first major wagon that formed was on swordsy! he hadn't posted and it was comprised of me, beancomb, and goog. it died after a few hours and didn't mean anything.

the second major wagon that formed was on swordsy! he had posted like once, and it was me, goog, and boat man. boat man just dropped a random vote on swordsy without mentioning him. this was cringe but considering the fact that all day 1 wagons die, it also doesn't really mean anything.

the first important wagon that formed was against me. sad! jamie voted me for spam, damo voted me because bona starts with me and for spam, and swordsy voted me because i had the most messages. what a goat tier wagon!

technically it went down to two votes because jimmit got popped by flumigator but ghug voted me in response to me voting for flum.

chaqa became the next major wagon, with a vote from bongo for being scum last game, eden for a tie, and bishkek and koalers for claiming scum. to me, this wagon at this time isn't actually important except as a representation of the town's collective mistrust of the scumclaim and the events surrounding that. this wagon will have enormous staying power right up until eod, peaking at 5 votes 45 minutes before eod.

flumigator briefly became a major wagon but i'll skim over that

boat man became a major wagon when bozo dropped a vote as part of his offbeat catchup declaration (i have read everything. i vote boat man). also, rdr claimed he was being shaded, and eden and i both posted naked votes. bozo and rdr never moved despite all the moving and shaking that happened afterwards

will finish chronology and elaborate on analysis tomorrow (probably night?)

ghug
Bronze Donator
Bronze Donator

#2247 Post by ghug » Sat Feb 18, 2023 5:06 am

Bonatogether wrote:
Sat Feb 18, 2023 3:20 am
ghug wrote:
Fri Feb 17, 2023 5:38 pm
Bonatogether wrote:
Fri Feb 17, 2023 12:23 pm

explain to me how you're right
17.23>17.17
where is this number coming from
Game Global Statistics

What do you think about the game right now?

ghug
Bronze Donator
Bronze Donator

#2248 Post by ghug » Sat Feb 18, 2023 5:08 am

Bonatogether wrote:
Sat Feb 18, 2023 3:44 am
shut up i wrote a title now
God he's actually me it's discussing.

ghug
Bronze Donator
Bronze Donator

#2249 Post by ghug » Sat Feb 18, 2023 5:09 am

KoalaAttack wrote:
Sat Feb 18, 2023 3:55 am
BK3K wrote:
Sat Feb 18, 2023 3:14 am
I'm out at the bars and drinking. Fuck you koala, shit ass bitch

Trying to draw the vote for lulz
##VOTE BK3K

I will no longer respond or alter my vote until the end of day. Everyone else, good luck and hope you get at least one Mafia tonight. And if I get killed by the Mafia tonight, please check out my lists from earlier.

Have a great weekend everyone, and ironic thank you to BK3K for making it easy to have the detox from following this thread for a day.
The fuck?

ghug
Bronze Donator
Bronze Donator

#2250 Post by ghug » Sat Feb 18, 2023 5:14 am

Bonatogether wrote:
Sat Feb 18, 2023 4:43 am
the vote count analysis for day 1, pt 1
a curious specimen

a major wagon is one with 3 or more votes

day 1 started like all day 1s do, with shitposting. this game had more shitposting than recent ones, which i enjoyed, largely because it was a lot of me. weee!

the first major wagon that formed was on swordsy! he hadn't posted and it was comprised of me, beancomb, and goog. it died after a few hours and didn't mean anything.

the second major wagon that formed was on swordsy! he had posted like once, and it was me, goog, and boat man. boat man just dropped a random vote on swordsy without mentioning him. this was cringe but considering the fact that all day 1 wagons die, it also doesn't really mean anything.

the first important wagon that formed was against me. sad! jamie voted me for spam, damo voted me because bona starts with me and for spam, and swordsy voted me because i had the most messages. what a goat tier wagon!

technically it went down to two votes because jimmit got popped by flumigator but ghug voted me in response to me voting for flum.

chaqa became the next major wagon, with a vote from bongo for being scum last game, eden for a tie, and bishkek and koalers for claiming scum. to me, this wagon at this time isn't actually important except as a representation of the town's collective mistrust of the scumclaim and the events surrounding that. this wagon will have enormous staying power right up until eod, peaking at 5 votes 45 minutes before eod.

flumigator briefly became a major wagon but i'll skim over that

boat man became a major wagon when bozo dropped a vote as part of his offbeat catchup declaration (i have read everything. i vote boat man). also, rdr claimed he was being shaded, and eden and i both posted naked votes. bozo and rdr never moved despite all the moving and shaking that happened afterwards

will finish chronology and elaborate on analysis tomorrow (probably night?)
OMG you called him jimmit

President Eden

#2251 Post by President Eden » Sat Feb 18, 2023 5:19 am

I'm confused by whatever just happened between the rookies. That whole exchange felt really contrived

I feel bad saying that bc I don't know either of them and have no idea if it's legit or not, but my BS radar is going off

President Eden

#2252 Post by President Eden » Sat Feb 18, 2023 5:24 am

Koala, if you're serious about what you're saying and feeling, please reconsider. It seemed pretty apparent to me that BK was joking and didn't mean anything by it. You're fun to play with and seemingly starting to put the game together... dipping out isn't going to solve anything.

If you're being performative then screw you lol.

BK, you're also fun to play with and putting it together too - I know this thread is daunting to keep up with but don't feel like you have to be paying obsessive attention to every post. Just go with the flow for a while if you have to. Dipping out just means you'll have more to catch up with later.

rookies pls come back :cry:

ghug
Bronze Donator
Bronze Donator

#2253 Post by ghug » Sat Feb 18, 2023 5:33 am

How does this compare to Koala's reaction to Chaqa last game?

President Eden

#2254 Post by President Eden » Sat Feb 18, 2023 5:34 am

implying i read last game lol

Chaqa
Bronze Donator
Bronze Donator

#2255 Post by Chaqa » Sat Feb 18, 2023 5:37 am

ghug wrote:
Sat Feb 18, 2023 5:33 am
His reaction is identical, but it’s hardly the same cause. I was downright an asshole, this just feeds into my theory that koala is faking his meta

##Vote Koala

President Eden

#2256 Post by President Eden » Sat Feb 18, 2023 5:40 am

a quick skim tells me the following:

- Chaqa's comment was way more aggressive than BK's
- Koala seemed to brush it off while still dipping out of the thread (it was during night so not a lot of cost to taking a break from the thread, seems like Koala decided "ok that's enough of that for one evening!" when Chaqa made his comment)
- while Koala stuck to his guns of suspecting Chaqa afterward, there were clearly no hard feelings about it (probably helped by Chaqa's quick turnaround apology)

i'm not sure that i'm buying it. but the cost of giving Koala the benefit of the doubt doesn't seem that high to me.

balancing not being a tone-deaf jerk to a newbie vs following my gut telling me this is BS is so hard lol.

ghug
Bronze Donator
Bronze Donator

#2257 Post by ghug » Sat Feb 18, 2023 5:42 am

Chaqa wrote:
Sat Feb 18, 2023 5:37 am
ghug wrote:
His reaction is identical, but it’s hardly the same cause. I was downright an asshole, this just feeds into my theory that koala is faking his meta

##Vote Koala
Occam's razor says it's this but could he also just be really weirdly averse to harsh language?

President Eden

#2258 Post by President Eden » Sat Feb 18, 2023 5:43 am

Chaqa wrote:
Sat Feb 18, 2023 5:37 am
ghug wrote:

##Vote Koala
I don't think they were identical but I think they were different in a way that plays into your theory even more. I know you probably don't want to go back and look at that exchange, but he's way less bothered by your comment than he appears to be here.

ghug
Bronze Donator
Bronze Donator

#2259 Post by ghug » Sat Feb 18, 2023 5:43 am

I feel like if it's not the Chaqa interaction we can find something that definitely proves that this isn't a normal response for him.

President Eden

#2260 Post by President Eden » Sat Feb 18, 2023 5:46 am

ghug wrote:
Sat Feb 18, 2023 5:43 am
I feel like if it's not the Chaqa interaction we can find something that definitely proves that this isn't a normal response for him.
i'm not especially out to prove that... are you?