MAFIA 78: Random Facts [GAME THREAD] - [HIDDEN]

If you have a game you want to play on the forum, you can do so here.
Forum rules
This is an area for forum games. Please note that to support mafia games players cannot edit their own posts in this forum. Off Topic threads will be relocated or deleted. Issues taking place in forum games should be dealt with by respective game GMs and escalated to the moderators only if absolutely necessary.
bozotheclown

Re: MAFIA 78: Random Facts [GAME THREAD] - [HIDDEN]

#2121 Post by bozotheclown » Fri Feb 17, 2023 5:44 pm

damo666 wrote:
Fri Feb 17, 2023 3:22 pm
Eliminating some unlikely pairs I am down to 12 teams:

Bra Boz Bon Fish
Bra Boz Fish PE
Bra Boz Fish Swo
Bra Boz PE Swo
Bra Bon Fish TFB
Bra Fish PE Swo
Bra Fish PE TFB
Bra Fish Swo TFB
Bra PE Swo TFB
Boz Bon Fish TFB
Boz Fish PE Swo
Fish PE Swo TFB

Frequency count:

Brain 9
Bozo 6
Bona 3
Fish 9
PE 7
Swo 7
TFB 6

I think we should vote from among {Brain, Fish, PE, Sword}
I would be interested in the list of combinations you have eliminated.

ghug
Bronze Donator
Bronze Donator

#2122 Post by ghug » Fri Feb 17, 2023 5:46 pm

bozotheclown wrote:
Fri Feb 17, 2023 1:20 pm
Here is a question for everyone (not a survey). Which is the most likely scenario:

1. Bonatogether and damo are mafia bussing each other.

2. PE and ghug are mafia leading mis-kills of Bonatogether and damo.

3. The mafia are watching town vote for each other and consist primarily of BK3K, lfischl, rdrivera, and swordsman.

4. none of the above
4. At least one of bonatogether and damo is scum and then it's either 1 or 3. I think 3 is probably more likely, but 1 is certainly possible. It'd be a bus by necessity.

bozotheclown

#2123 Post by bozotheclown » Fri Feb 17, 2023 5:47 pm

KoalaAttack wrote:
Fri Feb 17, 2023 5:04 pm
Thanks for that. Just to confirm – the second we are at 7 total and 4 Mafia we lost, right? They just outvote the Townies.

I see, so 13/4 --> miskill --> 11/4 --> miskill --> 9/4 --> miskill --> 7/5 so we lost... So 2 miskills indeed, barring a successful Doc save ... correct?
A mis-kill at 10/4 is still a loss, since that would mean going into the next day 4-4, where mafia can force a tie for a no-kill, so we only can survive 2 mis-kills with 1 doctor save. 2 doctor saves would give us another mis-kill.

ghug
Bronze Donator
Bronze Donator

#2124 Post by ghug » Fri Feb 17, 2023 5:48 pm

damo666 wrote:
Fri Feb 17, 2023 2:08 pm
Obviously for the timebeing I will stay on Bona for self pres purposes but I would like to vote PE if it becomes viable without endangering myself.
You're got over a day to switch back if your preferred wagon doesn't happen.

Not a fan of this post.

brainbomb

#2125 Post by brainbomb » Fri Feb 17, 2023 5:48 pm

ghug is the type of scum player who hates when he gets scumread for doing things he normally does as town. THe only time he ever cant refute it or he just clams up is when you spell out exactly what he is doing that is scummy, and that it is something he knows he only does as scum. and then he wont even argue because he will be too impressed to even know what to say. So far he has argued talking points being made about him being mafia because he knows those are the reasons why he is scum here. There are other legitimate reasons why he is absolutely scum here that no one has named specifically yet.

bozotheclown

#2126 Post by bozotheclown » Fri Feb 17, 2023 5:49 pm

rdrivera2005 wrote:
Fri Feb 17, 2023 5:15 pm
KoalaAttack wrote:
Thanks for that. Just to confirm – the second we are at 7 total and 4 Mafia we lost, right? They just outvote the Townies.

I see, so 13/4 --> miskill --> 11/4 --> miskill --> 9/4 --> miskill --> 7/5 so we lost... So 2 miskills indeed, barring a successful Doc save ... correct?
Yes, we have two chances to misskill before facing a last shot. Doc save won't chage this, unless he saves twice. And honestly if we get to 9/4 is basically auto loss for town, so we need to catch at least one scum today and tomorrow.

By the way, you including me at the same bucket as lfishcl and swordsman is weird. Bozo included me and BK on that list but he is posting way less then both. And you are just parroting him.
That list was not based on participation, it was the 4 possible mafia who were not voting yet.

ghug
Bronze Donator
Bronze Donator

#2127 Post by ghug » Fri Feb 17, 2023 5:50 pm

damo666 wrote:
Fri Feb 17, 2023 2:10 pm
damo666 wrote:
Fri Feb 17, 2023 11:54 am
damo666 wrote:
Fri Feb 17, 2023 12:57 am

WHOEVER WAS ROLEBLOCKED SHOULD CLAIM
The worcej post is strange. It looks like it should have been said in set up. Therefore I assume it was in response to a query. There was no public GM call so almost certainly not this was a result of a question from scum and they did not use RB because of the danger in creating a clear.

@doctor you will never be roleblocked (unless very deep in game).

I'm right aren't I scumbos?
Interesting that 5 people have posted since this and nobody has mentioned it.
The lack of a claim combined with Flum's role suggests that they held the roleblock, but I don't think the GM would be that obvious.

brainbomb

#2128 Post by brainbomb » Fri Feb 17, 2023 5:52 pm

his claim that chaos is pro town in a game where 1 PR is dead and another is outted is demonstrably never the opinion he would have as town. he would be screaming at people for creating choas in that situaition.

do not listen to him if he claims otherwise.

KoalaAttack

#2129 Post by KoalaAttack » Fri Feb 17, 2023 5:55 pm

bozotheclown wrote:
Fri Feb 17, 2023 5:47 pm
KoalaAttack wrote:

A mis-kill at 10/4 is still a loss, since that would mean going into the next day 4-4, where mafia can force a tie for a no-kill, so we only can survive 2 mis-kills with 1 doctor save. 2 doctor saves would give us another mis-kill.
Uh – how did we arrive at 10/4 possibility? It could have been a typo of 11/4 but then you say 4-4 next day which confirms you are indeed talking about a 10/4?

KoalaAttack

#2130 Post by KoalaAttack » Fri Feb 17, 2023 5:58 pm

KoalaAttack wrote:
Fri Feb 17, 2023 5:55 pm
bozotheclown wrote:
Fri Feb 17, 2023 5:47 pm
KoalaAttack wrote:

Uh – how did we arrive at 10/4 possibility? It could have been a typo of 11/4 but then you say 4-4 next day which confirms you are indeed talking about a 10/4?
Oh I got it – you mean a Doc save during second night from now would make it a 10/4? Understood, thanks for that.

ghug
Bronze Donator
Bronze Donator

#2131 Post by ghug » Fri Feb 17, 2023 5:58 pm

KoalaAttack wrote:
Fri Feb 17, 2023 5:26 pm
rdrivera2005 wrote:
By the way, you including me at the same bucket as lfishcl and swordsman is weird. Bozo included me and BK on that list but he is posting way less then both. And you are just parroting him.
To me, your style of play and level of contribution seems utterly indistinguishable from the last game, which is my only other (admittedly limited) data point. And we have already established beyond any doubt that you were the evil mastermind who ordered the koala murder in the last game.

Actually, my personal version of the 5 faceless indistinguishable low-posters include Bozo as well (as it did last game too)

Alphabetically:
- BK3K
- bozo
- lfishl
- rdrivera
- swordsman

I am still hoping someone answers my real question of how to extract 1-2 Mafia if they hide among this crowd. Can we like, threaten to auto-vote whichever of the quiet folks posts the least tomorrow and force them to say things?
For once I actually townread rivera. Bishkek is also contributing enough that a read should be possible, though I don't take have one yet either. The other three definitely deserve some pressure.

ghug
Bronze Donator
Bronze Donator

#2132 Post by ghug » Fri Feb 17, 2023 5:59 pm

brainbomb wrote:
Fri Feb 17, 2023 5:48 pm
ghug is the type of scum player who hates when he gets scumread for doing things he normally does as town. THe only time he ever cant refute it or he just clams up is when you spell out exactly what he is doing that is scummy, and that it is something he knows he only does as scum. and then he wont even argue because he will be too impressed to even know what to say. So far he has argued talking points being made about him being mafia because he knows those are the reasons why he is scum here. There are other legitimate reasons why he is absolutely scum here that no one has named specifically yet.
The first half of this is probably accurate, but it in no way supports the conclusion that I'm scum.

bozotheclown

#2133 Post by bozotheclown » Fri Feb 17, 2023 5:59 pm

KoalaAttack wrote:
Fri Feb 17, 2023 5:26 pm
rdrivera2005 wrote:
To me, your style of play and level of contribution seems utterly indistinguishable from the last game, which is my only other (admittedly limited) data point. And we have already established beyond any doubt that you were the evil mastermind who ordered the koala murder in the last game.

Actually, my personal version of the 5 faceless indistinguishable low-posters include Bozo as well (as it did last game too)

Alphabetically:
- BK3K
- bozo
- lfishl
- rdrivera
- swordsman

I am still hoping someone answers my real question of how to extract 1-2 Mafia if they hide among this crowd. Can we like, threaten to auto-vote whichever of the quiet folks posts the least tomorrow and force them to say things?
I don't think there is a consensus on how to handle this, but pressure voting and DKing low posters is common, and often there are scum hiding among those with low participation.

bozotheclown

#2134 Post by bozotheclown » Fri Feb 17, 2023 6:05 pm

ghug wrote:
Fri Feb 17, 2023 5:46 pm
bozotheclown wrote:
Here is a question for everyone (not a survey). Which is the most likely scenario:

3. The mafia are watching town vote for each other and consist primarily of BK3K, lfischl, rdrivera, and swordsman.

4. none of the above
4. At least one of bonatogether and damo is scum and then it's either 1 or 3. I think 3 is probably more likely, but 1 is certainly possible. It'd be a bus by necessity.
Why are you sure that Bonatogether and damo are not both town?

brainbomb

#2135 Post by brainbomb » Fri Feb 17, 2023 6:07 pm

ghug wrote:
Fri Feb 17, 2023 5:59 pm
brainbomb wrote:
Fri Feb 17, 2023 5:48 pm
The first half of this is probably accurate, but it in no way supports the conclusion that I'm scum.
not necessarily but you have wanted to debate people on the merits of anything that looks like a scumread on you, and attack the phoenitcs, or the terms being used, or some caveat to each rather than addressing the substance that the person scumreading you finds you scummy plain and simple.
If they just simply shouldnt find you scummy thats a different argument. For example when the narrative is that you are chaotic as town, you are. but its situational. and the situation and the players you chose to display chaos towards do not seem like things you would do as town.
Additionally I think you just hate being scumread for boring reasons. And you love it when people just know exactly why you did what you did. So in this case the only way I could get you to stop fighting me on it is if I spelled exactly who you were protecting and why, and said it to a level of exactness youd just be impressed beyond measure with. and I cant do that because youre complicated and I probably will never get it exactly right why you did it, or who you exactly saved.

and thats because you did it very well.

rdrivera2005
Gold Donator
Gold Donator

#2136 Post by rdrivera2005 » Fri Feb 17, 2023 6:08 pm

KoalaAttack wrote:
Fri Feb 17, 2023 5:40 pm
brainbomb wrote:
Fri Feb 17, 2023 5:28 pm
I plan on advocating for the new two kills to exclusively come only from that pool. so feel free to join me on swords and we can get that plan started.
I like this plan, but I still have very strong Bono Suspicion.

Question to everyone – at this juncture of the game with 2 misskills remaining, is it better to follow my one strong Suspicion and keep making my best case for it or start the low-contributor witch hunt ?

rdrivera2005 wrote:
Fri Feb 17, 2023 5:33 pm
You can but it won't work.
Well, poop. You do see that this 6-word-long non-constructive statement does not do you any favors to move you out of the pile, right? Are there better alternatives you can share?
I am not worried with your "piles" and you are clearly not paying attention to what I write as I already said that I don't think a policy kill (what you are suggesting) is a good idea and why.
And I also shared my thoughts about the game and what I think we should do.
About swords and lfischl best way to deal with them was a Vig but we don't have one so I suggest that today we wait to see if they show or if they got subbed or modkilled.

bozotheclown

#2137 Post by bozotheclown » Fri Feb 17, 2023 6:15 pm

##VOTE ghug

Primarily because I still do not understand why BunnyGo moved up and TFB moved down in ghug's D1 scum reads before D1 EOD.

KoalaAttack

#2138 Post by KoalaAttack » Fri Feb 17, 2023 6:16 pm

rdrivera2005 wrote:
Fri Feb 17, 2023 6:08 pm
I am not worried with your "piles" and you are clearly not paying attention to what I write ...
Partially correct – during the day I mostly "find on page" for "koala" and respond to any of those threads. I'll do a more detailed reading in the evening like I did last night.

rdrivera2005 wrote:
... as I already said that I don't think a policy kill (what you are suggesting) is a good idea and why.
About swords and lfischl best way to deal with them was a Vig but we don't have one so I suggest that today we wait to see if they show or if they got subbed or modkilled.
Thank you. What is "modkilled"? A GM just straight up kills someone? Isn't that helping one of the teams, by definition?

President Eden

#2139 Post by President Eden » Fri Feb 17, 2023 6:18 pm

bozotheclown wrote:

4. none of the above
I don’t see anything specifically compelling about Bona’s and damo’s interactions that says they’re busing. I’m pretty confident damo is mafia, and Boma keeps alternating between good posting and aggressively disdainful levels of spamming, which is making it harder for me to TR him than it should be. But they don’t look like a mafia pair to me.

ghug certainly could be mafia, he’s not really leading anything imo. I’m less sold on what I pointed out n1 (and am mildly annoyed that I’m being represented as though I was, when I CLEARLY felt and feel much better about my damo case). I’m moved by brain’s observations though. And I feel like ghug is also in that here-to-be-here space like damo was before we called him out for it and he felt compelled to dial it up.

I think there’s necessarily some element of lurking mafia, but I’d be shocked if there are no mafia outside the lurkers.

So I guess strictly none of the above, but some truth to all? Thinking damo + ghug + a couple of lurkers for now, and that Bona is just being lazy and obnoxious rather than deliberately bloating the thread. I still think more strongly about damo than ghug, but I’d vote ghug ahead of a lot of other people

bozotheclown

#2140 Post by bozotheclown » Fri Feb 17, 2023 6:20 pm

KoalaAttack wrote:
Fri Feb 17, 2023 6:16 pm
rdrivera2005 wrote:
I am not worried with your "piles" and you are clearly not paying attention to what I write ...
Partially correct – during the day I mostly "find on page" for "koala" and respond to any of those threads. I'll do a more detailed reading in the evening like I did last night.

rdrivera2005 wrote:
... as I already said that I don't think a policy kill (what you are suggesting) is a good idea and why.
Thank you. What is "modkilled"? A GM just straight up kills someone? Isn't that helping one of the teams, by definition?
Yes, if a player does not meet the posting and voting requirements, and there are no available subs, the player can be removed by the mod. I believe the justification is that they helped the other team by their own actions of not meeting the requirement.