MAFIA 78: Random Facts [GAME THREAD] - [HIDDEN]

If you have a game you want to play on the forum, you can do so here.
Forum rules
This is an area for forum games. Please note that to support mafia games players cannot edit their own posts in this forum. Off Topic threads will be relocated or deleted. Issues taking place in forum games should be dealt with by respective game GMs and escalated to the moderators only if absolutely necessary.
President Eden

Re: MAFIA 78: Random Facts [GAME THREAD] - [HIDDEN]

#1681 Post by President Eden » Thu Feb 16, 2023 5:32 am

ghug is another one worth discussing.

this is the first point I can find, a little under 3.5hrs out, where ghug clearly spells out his view of the day:
ghug wrote:
Wed Feb 15, 2023 6:38 pm
Eliminating people I think are town/new/good, I think I want to kill in the following (in column-major order rather than purely alphabetical):
damo
Bona
Bozo
Boat
lfischl

Could maaaybe be talked into Bunny or Eden.
(It's worth noting that this isn't a preference list, beyond that Bunny and I were lower; ghug was poking fun at damo's alphabetical sorting by finding an arbitrary way to sort his list so that damo was at the top.)

ghug shortly after hones in on Bona:
ghug wrote:
Wed Feb 15, 2023 6:48 pm
Shouldn't bona have convinced himself he's caught someone by now?
ghug wrote:
Wed Feb 15, 2023 7:23 pm
President Eden wrote:
Wed Feb 15, 2023 6:59 pm
##VOTE damo666

Boat vs damo vs Bunny (vs lfischl?) is an interesting D1.
Pull an Abraham and kill your son with me
I oblige shortly under 2 hrs out, and the votes don't move for a while, before ghug pulls his vote and votes for damo with 1:20 left, which puts Bona out of the lead and damo on top. It's unexplained (beyond "I'm bored"), but ultimately not too weird, since he has both players in his kill pool.

He then has two completely bizarre vote changes from my perspective, and I'm probably biased in how much I care about them because they sure looked like they were in reaction to me:

00:50 Eden switches Bona -> Chaqa
00:49 ghug switches damo -> Bona
(current count: Chaqa 4, Bona 3, Boat 3, various others 1)
ghug wrote:
Wed Feb 15, 2023 9:11 pm
I trusted you with my wagon man. ##VOTE bona
00:22 Eden switches Chaqa -> Bona
00:21 ghug switches Bona -> damo
ghug wrote:
Wed Feb 15, 2023 9:39 pm
I'm bored

##VOTE damo
(Note that this was an exact replica of his first post moving to damo.)

so, what, he wants Bona to die, but he doesn't want his hands dirty? but it's super important that I, specifically, be the one to kill him, because the moment I leave - which brings Bona down to 2 votes, but as the count illustrates, still clearly leaves him in contention - he comes back. or maybe more accurately, he's trying to juggle keeping Bona in contention without having to ice Bona himself.

Topping off the weirdness, he finally lands on killing Bunny during the final minute deluge, even though he's seemingly been considerably more interested in killing Bona throughout the final hours of the day.

I'm led to one of two conclusions, both of which lead me to suspect ghug:

1. ghug and Bona are a pair, and ghug was trying to keep his options open to vote Bona if he needed to do so, while ultimately preferring to kill someone else. obviously this makes ghug and Bona mafia if true.
2. ghug just wasn't very invested in how the day went (you'll notice his pool of kills is pretty close to a consensus of the killable names left), and bounced around because ??? reasons. this is highly suggestive of town Bona.

President Eden

#1682 Post by President Eden » Thu Feb 16, 2023 5:35 am

tldr

damo sus
ghug sus
bona ???

i've liked bona's posting tonight so i'm more inclined to think we're in world #2 if ghug is scum

KoalaAttack

#1683 Post by KoalaAttack » Thu Feb 16, 2023 5:38 am

Fluminator wrote:
Thu Feb 16, 2023 5:23 am
Also, I'm going to scumread Chaqa if he makes another "kill me joke" and I'm going to scumread koala if they reference how they were just sheeping conf town one more time
Unless there is new info uncovered showing someone as Magfia, tomorrow I plan to vote within

Koala's Suspect List 2.0 (for reasons mentioned earlier):

(1) Bona
(2) Chaqa

... big gap ...

(3) Bozo – remains default for being a soulless koala killer, and I will continue to make references to that regardless of any threats or consequences as promised!

so please don't vote for them first so it doesn't look like I'm following you!

---

PS: If I get killed today, please Google photos of koalas and then vote Bozo tomorrow. Being a koala killer is bad. Being a koala serial killer is terrible!

---

PPS: Since you are Mafia hunting, did you play with lfischl before Fluminator? Can you please answer my question from here?
KoalaAttack wrote:
Thu Feb 16, 2023 12:58 am
lfischl wrote:
Wed Feb 15, 2023 9:09 pm
Alright I'll add on more a a sec but here some to start

Town
Brain
Bona
Koala
BK
Flum

Null(hoping to look at these people more now and N1)
everyone else I haven't said

Scum
swords( coming from me this is stupid but i'd like to hear more from him
Chaqa(don't like the locktown post abt me)
Red is my emphasis.

So in the last game, we caught lfischl being Mafia for calling out others for lurking and not posting while lurking and not posting themselves (at least that's what my original case against them was heavily based on for those who remember).

But ultimately the Mafia team won that game.

Question for folks who know lfischl well – given the above, would lfischl try the same strategy for a 2nd game in a row as Mafia?

KoalaAttack

#1684 Post by KoalaAttack » Thu Feb 16, 2023 5:42 am

OK I'm going to go work for real now. No more posting for tonight! ... let's see if I can deliver on that promise, oh the temptation

Have a great night y'all

Chaqa
Bronze Donator
Bronze Donator

#1685 Post by Chaqa » Thu Feb 16, 2023 5:57 am

@eden: i like the damo case a lot and the ghug case a lot less

President Eden

#1686 Post by President Eden » Thu Feb 16, 2023 6:01 am

Chaqa wrote:
Thu Feb 16, 2023 5:57 am
I feel more grounded with the damo case for sure. The pieces fit together in my head pretty well.

My conclusions with ghug feel a bit surface level, but I can't figure out what he was trying to do.

They should both consider those open invitations to fill me in lol.

bozotheclown

#1687 Post by bozotheclown » Thu Feb 16, 2023 6:37 am

President Eden wrote:
Thu Feb 16, 2023 6:01 am
Chaqa wrote:
I feel more grounded with the damo case for sure. The pieces fit together in my head pretty well.

My conclusions with ghug feel a bit surface level, but I can't figure out what he was trying to do.

It seems damo would have to be mafia with TFB for some of that to be scum motivated.

lfischl

#1688 Post by lfischl » Thu Feb 16, 2023 7:09 am

KoalaAttack wrote:
Thu Feb 16, 2023 5:38 am
Fluminator wrote:
Thu Feb 16, 2023 5:23 am
Also, I'm going to scumread Chaqa if he makes another "kill me joke" and I'm going to scumread koala if they reference how they were just sheeping conf town one more time
Unless there is new info uncovered showing someone as Magfia, tomorrow I plan to vote within

Koala's Suspect List 2.0 (for reasons mentioned earlier):

(1) Bona
(2) Chaqa

... big gap ...

(3) Bozo – remains default for being a soulless koala killer, and I will continue to make references to that regardless of any threats or consequences as promised!

so please don't vote for them first so it doesn't look like I'm following you!

---

PS: If I get killed today, please Google photos of koalas and then vote Bozo tomorrow. Being a koala killer is bad. Being a koala serial killer is terrible!

---

PPS: Since you are Mafia hunting, did you play with lfischl before Fluminator? Can you please answer my question from here?
KoalaAttack wrote:
lfischl wrote:

Town
Brain
Bona
Koala
BK
Flum

Scum
Red is my emphasis.

So in the last game, we caught lfischl being Mafia for calling out others for lurking and not posting while lurking and not posting themselves (at least that's what my original case against them was heavily based on for those who remember).

Question for folks who know lfischl well – given the above, would lfischl try the same strategy for a 2nd game in a row as Mafia?
I remember correctly shooting flum as vig one time, don’t remember playing anything else with him

ghug
Bronze Donator
Bronze Donator

#1689 Post by ghug » Thu Feb 16, 2023 8:23 am

KoalaAttack wrote:
lfischl wrote:
lfischl wrote:
Wed Feb 15, 2023 9:02 pm

Give me a few to read the latest parts of the thread and I'll post some thoughts

Town
Brain
Bona
Koala
BK
Flum

Scum

Red is my emphasis.

He always lurks. I suspect he regularly scumreads other lurkers regardless of role.

ghug
Bronze Donator
Bronze Donator

#1690 Post by ghug » Thu Feb 16, 2023 8:26 am

KoalaAttack wrote:
Thu Feb 16, 2023 1:27 am
Bonatogether wrote:
Thu Feb 16, 2023 1:16 am
KoalaAttack wrote:
Thu Feb 16, 2023 12:55 am

This is an excellent point, thank you.
i make many but people don't read my posts as often as they should
First Bona earns Townie points in my book for making an excellent points.

Second Bona immediately loses them all for this arrogant statement.

Net zero!
What's scummy about arrogance?

ghug
Bronze Donator
Bronze Donator

#1691 Post by ghug » Thu Feb 16, 2023 8:27 am

President Eden wrote:
Thu Feb 16, 2023 2:04 am
i'm mildly bewildered that so many people dipped for n1 after that eod1

begrudging town stocks to my annoying child for putting in effort during the night
Some people have lives they've been neglecting or scum chat to talk in.

ghug
Bronze Donator
Bronze Donator

#1692 Post by ghug » Thu Feb 16, 2023 8:32 am

bozotheclown wrote:
Thu Feb 16, 2023 4:02 am
ghug wrote:
Thu Feb 16, 2023 12:03 am
bozotheclown wrote:
Wed Feb 15, 2023 11:56 pm

You could have reasonably expected those who previously expressed a preference to DK BunnyGo to follow your vote, which happened in less than 2 minutes.
Sure, but I don't even know which people you're talking about, and I imagine we could find people who'd expressed suspicion of bona as well.

I'm responsible for the Bunny wagon and arguably for the bona wagon too. The fact that I moved votes between them to keep them even doesn't make that less true, nor does it suggest that I was trying to make it less true.
They were the last 2 votes on BunnyGo before his wagon went to zero.
ghug wrote:
Wed Feb 15, 2023 6:38 pm
Eliminating people I think are town/new/good, I think I want to kill in the following (in column-major order rather than purely alphabetical):
damo
Bona
Bozo
Boat
lfischl

Could maaaybe be talked into Bunny or Eden.
What made you change your mind and decide to vote for BunnyGo?
Some of us don't have robotic memories.

He was being scummy. I thought he was bussing Bona and then I thought he'd taken the opportunity to unbus. Both votes looked bad
I was disinclined to kill him when most of his suspicion was coming due to a meta change that I thought was worthwhile, but then he was scummy for other reasons.

ghug
Bronze Donator
Bronze Donator

#1693 Post by ghug » Thu Feb 16, 2023 8:34 am

bozotheclown wrote:
Thu Feb 16, 2023 4:12 am
Bonatogether wrote:
Thu Feb 16, 2023 12:45 am
bozotheclown wrote:
Wed Feb 15, 2023 11:56 pm

You could have reasonably expected those who previously expressed a preference to DK BunnyGo to follow your vote, which happened in less than 2 minutes.
what does this mean
BunnyGo did not have any votes when ghug voted for him 13 minutes before EOD, but BunnyGo was a wagon 4 hours before EOD and had some players suspecting him, so I assume ghug was not randomly starting a new wagon and knew that there were likely players willing to switch back to BunnyGo.
You're accusing me of knowing that two specific people would switch back o once he already had several votes again, though. And it doesn't matter either way, because my intent was to keep the Bunny wagon alive and competitive even as I switched to Bona.

ghug
Bronze Donator
Bronze Donator

#1694 Post by ghug » Thu Feb 16, 2023 8:35 am

bozotheclown wrote:
Thu Feb 16, 2023 4:27 am
Bonatogether wrote:
Thu Feb 16, 2023 4:19 am
bozotheclown wrote:
Thu Feb 16, 2023 4:12 am

BunnyGo did not have any votes when ghug voted for him 13 minutes before EOD, but BunnyGo was a wagon 4 hours before EOD and had some players suspecting him, so I assume ghug was not randomly starting a new wagon and knew that there were likely players willing to switch back to BunnyGo.
he should have known that from the rapid anti-bongo sentiment that was growing in the thread

i feel like this is just stating the obvious. ghug wanted new wagon, momentum was there, he precipitated that momentum turning into votes.
Yes, so why did he want a BunnyGo wagon over the wagons that existed?
I only liked one of the existing wagons.

TheFlyingBoat

#1695 Post by TheFlyingBoat » Thu Feb 16, 2023 8:35 am

bozotheclown wrote:
Thu Feb 16, 2023 6:37 am
President Eden wrote:
Thu Feb 16, 2023 6:01 am
Chaqa wrote:

It seems damo would have to be mafia with TFB for some of that to be scum motivated.
I mean there is the alternative explanation, namely that damo did not care about his contrived read list when he was receiving a good amount of pressure entering EoD and just panicked and tried to ride momentum to get out and was afraid going head to head against me would get his head on a pike.

So he acted in pure self-preservation and went on lfischl thinking he was an easy kill. After seeing no vote gets on it for 3 hours (I am assuming given the timing of it he didn't see Flum's as he was writing his post) he decided to explicitly note that he wanted to join a popular wagon to save Chaqa.

Then he jumped to Bona, despite Bona being on his unwilling to vote list because he was the wagon with the most real steam behind it.

Then after seeing Bona's wagon lose two votes and a Bunny wagon rise quickly, picking up 4 votes in 3 minutes, Damo hops on a few minutes after and votes Bunny in an attempt to ensure he doesn't become the largest counterwagon as Bona's seems destined to fall apart momentum wise. In doing so he votes for yet another person he was unwilling to vote for and does so at EOD.

Being flexible and doing what you think is best when given shit options is good town play, but if I am to believe that was what Damo was doing I'd expect him to TRY to do something before resigning himself to making that tradeoff. But he didn't.

He shades Eden for something that to me seems NAI and then posts his contrived reads list which he then promptly ignores. At no point does he ever push a serious case or wagon on Eden despite tossing a vote on him. And yes he shades me as well, but he doesn't bother ever pushing it either with even a vote. To me that's indicative that Damo is scum scared to go to war head to head and lose not that he's on a scum team with the reads he made but never pushed.

Can't fault his read because it clearly worked to burn one miskill, but it's a shame we let it happen.

ghug
Bronze Donator
Bronze Donator

#1696 Post by ghug » Thu Feb 16, 2023 8:36 am

President Eden wrote:
Thu Feb 16, 2023 5:35 am
tldr

damo sus
ghug sus
bona ???

i've liked bona's posting tonight so i'm more inclined to think we're in world #2 if ghug is scum
Ugh do I actually have to read your posts?

damo666

#1697 Post by damo666 » Thu Feb 16, 2023 9:03 am

rdrivera2005 wrote:
Thu Feb 16, 2023 1:34 am
Well, I miss EOD and you kill an innocent Bunny.

I am starting to move 3K and fisch to my scum pile, together with TFB. Probably wrong on one of them as all 3 scum voting Bunny isn't likely. I am also starting to get bad vibes from Ghug.
Genuine townslip I believe.

TheFlyingBoat

#1698 Post by TheFlyingBoat » Thu Feb 16, 2023 9:10 am

rdrivera2005 wrote:

I am starting to move 3K and fisch to my scum pile, together with TFB. Probably wrong on one of them as all 3 scum voting Bunny isn't likely. I am also starting to get bad vibes from Ghug.
Does this imply you think Bona is scum?

TheFlyingBoat

#1699 Post by TheFlyingBoat » Thu Feb 16, 2023 9:14 am

damo666 wrote:
Thu Feb 16, 2023 9:03 am
rdrivera2005 wrote:

Genuine townslip I believe.
Oh I would have missed the actual "townslip" there if you didn't mention it. I doubt it's genuine. I refuse to believe that after all these games rdr would go into a game be like oh yeah, I am totally in a 13/3 setup with a one shot dayvig to boot.

damo666

#1700 Post by damo666 » Thu Feb 16, 2023 9:17 am

ghug wrote:
Thu Feb 16, 2023 8:27 am
President Eden wrote:
Thu Feb 16, 2023 2:04 am
i'm mildly bewildered that so many people dipped for n1 after that eod1

begrudging town stocks to my annoying child for putting in effort during the night
Some people have lives they've been neglecting or scum chat to talk in.
And for some EOD is EOD due to geography.