MAFIA 78: Random Facts [GAME THREAD] - [HIDDEN]

If you have a game you want to play on the forum, you can do so here.
Forum rules
This is an area for forum games. Please note that to support mafia games players cannot edit their own posts in this forum. Off Topic threads will be relocated or deleted. Issues taking place in forum games should be dealt with by respective game GMs and escalated to the moderators only if absolutely necessary.
rdrivera2005
Gold Donator
Gold Donator

Re: MAFIA 78: Random Facts [GAME THREAD] - [HIDDEN]

#1101 Post by rdrivera2005 » Wed Feb 15, 2023 3:29 pm

brainbomb wrote:
Wed Feb 15, 2023 3:21 pm
damo666 wrote:
Wed Feb 15, 2023 3:14 pm
TFB is a better wagon than chaqa.

@brain what's your case on Bunny wabbit
chaqa is voting a PR and keeps claiming scum. How do you figure?
He is voting for a PR, which is dumb but not scummy. And he said the claim was a joke. But Chaqa isn't a bad DK, we will probably need to flip him sooner or later considering we don't have a cop anymore....

brainbomb

#1102 Post by brainbomb » Wed Feb 15, 2023 3:31 pm

Chaqa stated reasons for scumreading Fluminator were very sale heavy and it even worked on me. I have a feeling that this was chaqa aiming for selling people on a miskill rather than sincere belief in flum being in his scum meta.

brainbomb

#1103 Post by brainbomb » Wed Feb 15, 2023 3:32 pm

but really id prefer eliminating bunny first as this is nowhere near the town bunny I ever remember

rdrivera2005
Gold Donator
Gold Donator

#1104 Post by rdrivera2005 » Wed Feb 15, 2023 3:33 pm

brainbomb wrote:
Wed Feb 15, 2023 3:25 pm
Bunny was just a rvs for me at game start.

and then he started posting and opens the game with a chaqa vote and a hammer which I assumed was carryover of some joke from another game.
but the vote never moved and bunny has asked a number of very softball questions to people. All of this under the alleged new meta from
last game where he does very little and has his best town game ever by doing nothing.
problem is the game were in now is not in a good gamestate. and someone like bunny is great for dialogue and solving. were stuck with bunny neutering himself to develop some new meta gambit instead of helping town, instead of solving, instead of being present.

thats my argument
And here I agree with you. Bunny last game was posting less then one bunny but was still a presence on the game. This game Bunny is just forgettable (I don't remember much about him).

BK3K

#1105 Post by BK3K » Wed Feb 15, 2023 3:33 pm

brainbomb wrote:
Wed Feb 15, 2023 3:25 pm
Bunny was just a rvs for me at game start.

and then he started posting and opens the game with a chaqa vote and a hammer which I assumed was carryover of some joke from another game.
but the vote never moved and bunny has asked a number of very softball questions to people. All of this under the alleged new meta from
last game where he does very little and has his best town game ever by doing nothing.
problem is the game were in now is not in a good gamestate. and someone like bunny is great for dialogue and solving. were stuck with bunny neutering himself to develop some new meta gambit instead of helping town, instead of solving, instead of being present.

thats my argument
I can see bunny being sus. I would have expected him to ask way more questions and that's not happening.

From the perspective of what I want that's not part of the game meta is for him not to die day 1. He's the only reason I'm here, and if he's dead, I'm stuck with you guys and you're all kinda dorks.

On the other hand, I'm also a dork, and if bunny is scum, he must eat pellets and die.

Still voting chaqa for now

President Eden

#1106 Post by President Eden » Wed Feb 15, 2023 3:35 pm

brainbomb wrote:
Wed Feb 15, 2023 3:28 pm
I have a theory that chaqa didnt really wanna play and randed scum. and bunny is the godfather. so the unspoken plan was always to just bus the shit out of chaqa who hates being scum or something along those lines
I buy that Chaqa didn’t really want to play, and I think his behavior is plausibly indicative of a combination of him rolling scum and saying fuck it + him believing no one would actually call his bluff about wanting to be dayvigged so he wouldn’t be screwing over his teammates.

I’m not as sure how Bunny fits into that though. Unless mafia had a pregame chat, it seems like Bunny would have to know in advance that Chaqa was going to do this in order to capitalize. Obviously he could figure out from the thread that Chaqa was disinterested as we all have, but your framing sounds a little more premeditated than that, unless I’m misunderstanding you

President Eden

#1107 Post by President Eden » Wed Feb 15, 2023 3:37 pm

All that said I tend to agree Bunny hasn’t left a major impression and I’m fine with him being the daykill. I feel like I have better reasons to suspect Boat so I’m staying here for now

brainbomb

#1108 Post by brainbomb » Wed Feb 15, 2023 3:38 pm

No I think its more like Godfather Bunny was always going to bus a teammate and who better than someone like chaqa. and just go with it.

it wouldnt be possible to plan it other than in ones own head. “yea im gonna just bus the shit out of chaqa this game”

brainbomb

#1109 Post by brainbomb » Wed Feb 15, 2023 3:40 pm

I thought they both were scum early on and they havent done anything to change my mind. I am less sure on TFB being scum and instead just being a bit too loose and unfocused

damo666

#1110 Post by damo666 » Wed Feb 15, 2023 3:40 pm

Chaqa wrote:
Wed Feb 15, 2023 1:15 am
Fluminator wrote:
Wed Feb 15, 2023 1:13 am
Chaqa wrote:
Wed Feb 15, 2023 1:09 am
I claim scum.

Feel bad for town so I’m gonna offset this
pinky promise?
I swear on Chipolte
This kinda confirms Chaqa town to me.

President Eden

#1111 Post by President Eden » Wed Feb 15, 2023 3:41 pm

brainbomb wrote:
Wed Feb 15, 2023 3:38 pm
No I think its more like Godfather Bunny was always going to bus a teammate and who better than someone like chaqa. and just go with it.

it wouldnt be possible to plan it other than in ones own head. “yea im gonna just bus the shit out of chaqa this game”
Oh ok, that makes sense. You figured GF would bus d1 and if that’s so, scum Chaqa basically openly signaled that his teammates could bus him.

But would that really be all that beneficial? Nobody’s going to get uber town cred for correctly voting scum Chaq off here lol

brainbomb

#1112 Post by brainbomb » Wed Feb 15, 2023 3:42 pm

the obvious town are bona, eden, flum (mech), rdrivera, damo

after that theres some people to keep a close eye on who seem towny enough but arent really as in your face town
like ghug, bozo, koala, and BK

damo666

#1113 Post by damo666 » Wed Feb 15, 2023 3:43 pm

##vote Bunny (starts with B)

Will switch to TFB to save Chaqa if necessary.

Should be around EOD

brainbomb

#1114 Post by brainbomb » Wed Feb 15, 2023 3:47 pm

I realize that the voting for a B thing is a joke. No one would be that braindead to think that is how you should play a deduction game. I could take any group of 5 people with names starting with 5 different letters and get the same statistics. So im gonna assume you arent suffering from severe brain damage and that this is just your way of entertaining yourself.

rdrivera2005
Gold Donator
Gold Donator

#1115 Post by rdrivera2005 » Wed Feb 15, 2023 3:47 pm

President Eden wrote:
Wed Feb 15, 2023 3:41 pm
brainbomb wrote:

Oh ok, that makes sense. You figured GF would bus d1 and if that’s so, scum Chaqa basically openly signaled that his teammates could bus him.

But would that really be all that beneficial? Nobody’s going to get uber town cred for correctly voting scum Chaq off here lol
I don't think this makes sense. Why GF would bus D1? GF would usually try to be targeted by a scan and hard bussing will get enough towncred to avoid any scan.

brainbomb

#1116 Post by brainbomb » Wed Feb 15, 2023 3:51 pm

rdrivera2005 wrote:
Wed Feb 15, 2023 3:47 pm
President Eden wrote:
Wed Feb 15, 2023 3:41 pm
brainbomb wrote:

I don't think this makes sense. Why GF would bus D1? GF would usually try to be targeted by a scan and hard bussing will get enough towncred to avoid any scan.
I was thinking that it would be an insurance policy against questioning a scan. this forum loves to question validity of inno scans so
maybe someone like bunny would want to not only be immune from scans but also have a solid day one scum kill to bolster any doubts late.

Its a thought. either way I think theyre both scum and I dont have the exact storyline in my head of the why but neither have solved a single thing or asked a single tough question to anyone

President Eden

#1117 Post by President Eden » Wed Feb 15, 2023 3:52 pm

damo666 wrote:
Wed Feb 15, 2023 3:43 pm
##vote Bunny (starts with B)

Will switch to TFB to save Chaqa if necessary.

Should be around EOD
Kind sir, I’d like to submit to you the mathematical FACT that including Boat as an honorary B increases the odds that one of the Bs is mafia considerably.

brainbomb

#1118 Post by brainbomb » Wed Feb 15, 2023 3:53 pm

Is flyingboat a very helpful town player? what is he doing differently?

President Eden

#1119 Post by President Eden » Wed Feb 15, 2023 3:54 pm

brainbomb wrote:
I realize that the voting for a B thing is a joke. No one would be that braindead to think that is how you should play a deduction game. I could take any group of 5 people with names starting with 5 different letters and get the same statistics. So im gonna assume you arent suffering from severe brain damage and that this is just your way of entertaining yourself.
I’m pretty sure he’s been taking the piss out of us for most of the day, but genuinely believes Bunny and Boat are good kills and Chaqa is not

BK3K

#1120 Post by BK3K » Wed Feb 15, 2023 3:55 pm

brainbomb wrote:
Is that the worst strat tho? Defeat logic with statistical force