MAFIA 77: RETURN TO THE WEST [GAME THREAD] - [HIDDEN]

If you have a game you want to play on the forum, you can do so here.
Forum rules
This is an area for forum games. Please note that to support mafia games players cannot edit their own posts in this forum. Off Topic threads will be relocated or deleted. Issues taking place in forum games should be dealt with by respective game GMs and escalated to the moderators only if absolutely necessary.
Balki Bartokomous
Gold Donator
Gold Donator

Re: MAFIA 77: RETURN TO THE WEST [GAME THREAD] - [HIDDEN]

#2061 Post by Balki Bartokomous » Tue Jan 24, 2023 5:37 pm

rdrivera2005 wrote:
Fri Jan 20, 2023 12:08 pm
lfischl wrote:
Fri Jan 20, 2023 4:28 am
bo_sox48 wrote:
Fri Jan 20, 2023 4:19 am
Lfischl is the lowest poster of the day for the second day in a row and the only player that has tried to do anything at all about that is me, and that's after playing a game where he lurked until the very end and snuck through because the tiebreaking town vote didn't want to ask him any questions.
I already addressed this earlier but I'll do it again, had a awful weekend with some personal stuff with fam and I've been sick, I should be around more now
I don't want to be mean, real life is real life and I am also considered a lurker sometimes, but this is the second time (that I remember) you say you will be participating more. Maybe you should start participating more, don't you think?
Hmmmmm, this exchange is interesting. Mulling my thoughts on it.

So, here is my first take:

(1) Bo's post looks like bussing/distancing. He is trumpeting just how anti-lfischl he has been, without actually leading any kind of push on lfischl. Bos' post is concerned with telling us all that Bo is the person most suspicious of lfischl.

(2) rdrivera's post looks less like someone paired with lfischl. rdrivera's post is a bit of a jab, even in a polite rdrivera kind of way. It feels a little mean coming from a teammate.

I wouldn't say I have great conviction about either of those takes, but those are my initial feelings. I'm interested in thoughts on this from others. This is at page 55.

Balki Bartokomous
Gold Donator
Gold Donator

#2062 Post by Balki Bartokomous » Tue Jan 24, 2023 5:37 pm

damo666 wrote:
Tue Jan 24, 2023 5:30 pm
Balki Bartokomous wrote:
Tue Jan 24, 2023 5:14 pm
Let's not spend more time talking about whether the VT-claims should vote.

##vote Bo

I would also be excited about flipping rdrivera and Chaqa.

My point is that the vote tonight is practically meaningless. The town clears will decide who is chopped, so a vote has no consequence and should not be used to try to unpair anyone.

It is much more important for the VT-claims to try to solve the game. Go back and re-read. Share things that you notice. If you are town, you just learned a great deal of information you did not have before. You've been given 4 big clues (Bunny is town, worcej is town, koala is town, lfischl is scum). Use those clues and solve the game. You may only have a few hours left to do so.
You think scum will NK a vt?
No

Balki Bartokomous
Gold Donator
Gold Donator

#2063 Post by Balki Bartokomous » Tue Jan 24, 2023 5:40 pm

damo666 wrote:
Fri Jan 20, 2023 12:28 pm
Another reason Chaqa is unlikely to be town PR is there is a maximum of only one left.
It is pretty obvious Koala is gambler.
I don't think scum!damo makes this post. It's just the kind of thing that scum are more cautious about saying, I think.

Balki Bartokomous
Gold Donator
Gold Donator

#2064 Post by Balki Bartokomous » Tue Jan 24, 2023 5:42 pm

Chaqa wrote:
Fri Jan 20, 2023 12:36 pm
damo666 wrote:
Another reason Chaqa is unlikely to be town PR is there is a maximum of only one left.
News to me (re: Koala)

And I do not retract my claim.

It’s pretty comedic worcej is voting for a claimed PR while crying about being a claimed PR under suspicion
Having hard time seeing a post like this come from a VT. He's really getting into character here.

Chaqa
Bronze Donator
Bronze Donator

#2065 Post by Chaqa » Tue Jan 24, 2023 5:43 pm

damo666 wrote:
Tue Jan 24, 2023 5:01 pm
What can be gleaned from voting [imo]

Day 1

Balki - nothing
Bozo - nothing
Bo - towny as previously argued
Chaqa - nothing
rdr - he voted for me with votes at 2 each for fish,Bunny, ghug, worcej; he could have voted any of those 3 town to help fish so I would argue this is towny

Day 2

Balki - nothing
Bozo - arguably not scummate with bo
Bo - nothing
Chaqa - nothing
rdr - nothing

Day 3

Balki - moved off rdr when rdr got his second vote, slight suspicion only
Bozo - as per D2
Bo - kinda confirms not scummate with Bozo
Chaqa - nothing
rdr - again arguably not scummate of fish

Summary

Bo and rdr probably town so scumpair in {Chaqa, Bozo, Balki} in that order.
Town!Damo never makes analysis that is this garbage.

Balki Bartokomous
Gold Donator
Gold Donator

#2066 Post by Balki Bartokomous » Tue Jan 24, 2023 5:44 pm

rdrivera2005 wrote:
Fri Jan 20, 2023 1:01 pm
Chaqa wrote:
damo666 wrote:

It’s pretty comedic worcej is voting for a claimed PR while crying about being a claimed PR under suspicion
##unvote by now.

We are starting to have too many claims to believe them all.

Chaqa, you are really claiming Watcher and that you Watched Balki last night? Seriously?
This one to me makes Chaqa and rdrivera an unlikely pair. It's just an unusual kind of shade to see come from one scum teammate to another. Not conclusive, but file it away.

Chaqa
Bronze Donator
Bronze Donator

#2067 Post by Chaqa » Tue Jan 24, 2023 5:45 pm

Balki Bartokomous wrote:
Tue Jan 24, 2023 5:44 pm
rdrivera2005 wrote:
Fri Jan 20, 2023 1:01 pm
Chaqa wrote:

##unvote by now.

We are starting to have too many claims to believe them all.

Chaqa, you are really claiming Watcher and that you Watched Balki last night? Seriously?
This one to me makes Chaqa and rdrivera an unlikely pair. It's just an unusual kind of shade to see come from one scum teammate to another. Not conclusive, but file it away.
I would chalk that one up to Rivera not getting my joke.

Balki Bartokomous
Gold Donator
Gold Donator

#2068 Post by Balki Bartokomous » Tue Jan 24, 2023 5:50 pm

rdrivera2005 wrote:
Sat Jan 21, 2023 1:56 pm
ghug wrote:
Sat Jan 21, 2023 6:18 am
Balki Bartokomous wrote:
Sat Jan 21, 2023 5:49 am
The larger problem is that I don’t understand if or why anyone thought Bo or Yav was scum. That makes it pretty easy for the bad guys to pretend to be town.
I thought both were decent shots, so I can try to answer.

We discussed bo before and you seemed to understand if not agree:
1. Bo has been active in discussions, but most of what he's done is find things to argue about. He nitpicks, he criticizes play choices, and he espouses mechanical opinions, but he spends very little time actually tying himself to thoughts on people's alignments.
1a. The time I've agreed with him most this game is around the discussion of mass-claiming. Obviously, you don't agree with us, but it's a smell when the best or most memorable opinions someone has are about mechanics and not scumhunting.
1b. Take the way he'd expressed no opinion about me at all until a wagon formed on me, and then suddenly he'd just been patiently waiting for someone else to share his scumread on me. Did that read exist before it was convenient for it to exist? There's clear scum benefit to playing that way, I don't see town benefit, and I know bo has behaved similarly as scum in the past.
2. His play around the night vote was extremely suspicious. He barely participated in the voting, he wasn't pushing the process, and he didn't vote for worcej. Then, hours later and without mass consensus, he was ready to hammer the guy who won with four votes, reads (or lack thereof) be damned.

Yav is less exciting. He was lurking and thus the best choice among my null reads. I don't really see what differentiated him from lfischl for people.
About Bo, the most relevant scumtell I remember of him is shading people to get a later misskill. I didn't see much of this on this game and that's why I didn't put him on my scum bucket. But also didn't see anything to include him on a town bucket.

About Yav, I think the only difference between him and lfischl to me is that there was already a wagon on him and I don't like the other wagons.
I am feeling a little bit better about rdrivera after doing an ISO. And this post about Bo makes it less likely that rdrivera and Bo are a team. This is pretty negative analysis on Bo's slot at a time when Bo was vulnerable and rdrivera really didn't have to go this far. Especially because Yav was already chopped (this is N2) -- this is a compelling argument to make Bo next for the chop, which seems like an unusual stance to take if rdrivera and Bo are on fully intact team.

bo_sox48
Site Admin
Site Admin

#2069 Post by bo_sox48 » Tue Jan 24, 2023 5:54 pm

damo666 wrote:
Tue Jan 24, 2023 5:06 pm
@Balki @Bo @rdr please indicate your top scum

That's me done for the day.

@Worcej good luck.

I have already stated that looking at the game objectively I should be the miskill while there is one available, and the gambler would certainly appreciate a cooperative town while we can still make that happen. I’m fine with dying to clarify where info most of you think we have is and is not legitimate if it gets the gambler their item.

I would choose bozo or rdrivera if asked to choose someone else but I am largely just awaiting my own death procession here.

bo_sox48
Site Admin
Site Admin

#2070 Post by bo_sox48 » Tue Jan 24, 2023 5:55 pm

I don’t know how that’s in italics 💀

bo_sox48
Site Admin
Site Admin

#2071 Post by bo_sox48 » Tue Jan 24, 2023 5:57 pm

Balki Bartokomous wrote:
Tue Jan 24, 2023 5:37 pm
rdrivera2005 wrote:
Fri Jan 20, 2023 12:08 pm
lfischl wrote:
Fri Jan 20, 2023 4:28 am

I already addressed this earlier but I'll do it again, had a awful weekend with some personal stuff with fam and I've been sick, I should be around more now
I don't want to be mean, real life is real life and I am also considered a lurker sometimes, but this is the second time (that I remember) you say you will be participating more. Maybe you should start participating more, don't you think?
Hmmmmm, this exchange is interesting. Mulling my thoughts on it.

So, here is my first take:

(1) Bo's post looks like bussing/distancing. He is trumpeting just how anti-lfischl he has been, without actually leading any kind of push on lfischl. Bos' post is concerned with telling us all that Bo is the person most suspicious of lfischl.

(2) rdrivera's post looks less like someone paired with lfischl. rdrivera's post is a bit of a jab, even in a polite rdrivera kind of way. It feels a little mean coming from a teammate.

I wouldn't say I have great conviction about either of those takes, but those are my initial feelings. I'm interested in thoughts on this from others. This is at page 55.
I disagree with your conclusion. This looks like soft coaching to me.

BunnyGo

#2072 Post by BunnyGo » Tue Jan 24, 2023 6:10 pm

bo_sox48 wrote:
Tue Jan 24, 2023 5:55 pm
I don’t know how that’s in italics 💀
I was so impressed that it was.

bo_sox48
Site Admin
Site Admin

#2073 Post by bo_sox48 » Tue Jan 24, 2023 6:22 pm

There is a quote from in damo’s post that opens with a bracket and an i that didn’t actually get printed so I think the forum just got tricked into thinking I was opening an italic block.

Or it’s just black magic

KoalaAttack

#2074 Post by KoalaAttack » Tue Jan 24, 2023 7:12 pm

BunnyGo wrote:
Tue Jan 24, 2023 10:23 am
KoalaAttack wrote:
Tue Jan 24, 2023 5:08 am
Question for the group/GMs: If I get killed, will I know who killed me after the game?

So I can join a future Mafia game with them and call them the Koala Murderer the entire time? Hopefully when their children are around or something ;)
Yes, when you are eliminated or survive to the end of game you are given access to a discord server God Thread. Kibbitzers discuss the game there. You can send messages there now via PMs to the GM. I find doing so a useful way to write down my thoughts without posting to the game.
Thank you!

KoalaAttack

#2075 Post by KoalaAttack » Tue Jan 24, 2023 7:12 pm

Jamiet99uk wrote:
Tue Jan 24, 2023 11:58 am
KoalaAttack wrote:
Tue Jan 24, 2023 5:08 am
Question for the group/GMs: If I get killed, will I know who killed me after the game?

So I can join a future Mafia game with them and call them the Koala Murderer the entire time? Hopefully when their children are around or something ;)
GM NOTE:

If / when a player is killed (by whatever action), they are then given access to a "god thread" on Discord. In there is information about the entire game-state, including all of the player's roles, information on the actions taken in each phase, etc., as well as commentary from the GMs, spectators, and other dead players.
Thank you!

rdrivera2005
Gold Donator
Gold Donator

#2076 Post by rdrivera2005 » Tue Jan 24, 2023 7:15 pm

My top scumpair right now is Damo/Chaqa as this could explain lfischl vote D1 on Worcej (to protect Damo) and his scumread on Chaqa D2 without a real vote. But they are voting each other now which is not something I would expect. 🤔

I am also starting to get some bad vibes from Bozo tunneling on Bo this way. Both Bo and Chaqa keep using appeal to emotion. I usually think it's a townie tell (see Worcej and Koala), but at this point it could be stagged. I believed Bo first outburst so I am still giving him some credit. Damo and Bozo makes sense?

I will keep with my gut feeling and vote Damo.

KoalaAttack

#2077 Post by KoalaAttack » Tue Jan 24, 2023 7:18 pm

damo666 wrote:
Tue Jan 24, 2023 5:03 pm
Worcej and Koala waiting for rest of VTs to vote first probably a good idea.
Good news then, because that is exactly what I'm doing!

KoalaAttack

#2078 Post by KoalaAttack » Tue Jan 24, 2023 7:24 pm

Well, with all this talk of pairing and unpairing, I would really like to hear their 2nd best Mafia guess from all the VT suspects, not just the one vote.

damo666

#2079 Post by damo666 » Tue Jan 24, 2023 7:48 pm

KoalaAttack wrote:
Tue Jan 24, 2023 7:24 pm
Well, with all this talk of pairing and unpairing, I would really like to hear their 2nd best Mafia guess from all the VT suspects, not just the one vote.
Chaqa Bozo

Pretty sure now.

Balki Bartokomous
Gold Donator
Gold Donator

#2080 Post by Balki Bartokomous » Tue Jan 24, 2023 7:52 pm

damo666 wrote:
Tue Jan 24, 2023 7:48 pm
KoalaAttack wrote:
Tue Jan 24, 2023 7:24 pm
Chaqa Bozo

Pretty sure now.
But why.