MAFIA 77: RETURN TO THE WEST [GAME THREAD] - [HIDDEN]

If you have a game you want to play on the forum, you can do so here.
Forum rules
This is an area for forum games. Please note that to support mafia games players cannot edit their own posts in this forum. Off Topic threads will be relocated or deleted. Issues taking place in forum games should be dealt with by respective game GMs and escalated to the moderators only if absolutely necessary.
Balki Bartokomous
Gold Donator
Gold Donator

Re: MAFIA 77: RETURN TO THE WEST [GAME THREAD] - [HIDDEN]

#1481 Post by Balki Bartokomous » Sun Jan 22, 2023 1:37 am

RIP ghug.

I am thinking a lot about the mass claim. We’re at 7 vs 3. If we force claims, I think it’s going to be a lot easier to put the full picture of this game together. And I’d like to know if I should be trusting worcej or not.

I think we should all claim at the same time. PRs should not claim their role, but should just claim “PR.” And we should see where we are.

Im really not sure if scum will claim VTs and give us three clears or they will try to infiltrate the PR pool. Either way, we’ll learn a ton of info, and we’ll still have the ability to come up with mechanical info if scum try to NK our PRs.

What do you guys think about a mass claim now?

BunnyGo

#1482 Post by BunnyGo » Sun Jan 22, 2023 2:02 am

Balki Bartokomous wrote:
Sun Jan 22, 2023 1:37 am
RIP ghug.

I am thinking a lot about the mass claim. We’re at 7 vs 3. If we force claims, I think it’s going to be a lot easier to put the full picture of this game together. And I’d like to know if I should be trusting worcej or not.

I think we should all claim at the same time. PRs should not claim their role, but should just claim “PR.” And we should see where we are.

Im really not sure if scum will claim VTs and give us three clears or they will try to infiltrate the PR pool. Either way, we’ll learn a ton of info, and we’ll still have the ability to come up with mechanical info if scum try to NK our PRs.

Still at game night. I would vote against the mass claim. But would participate if the class insists.

worcej

#1483 Post by worcej » Sun Jan 22, 2023 2:58 am

Chaqa wrote:
Sun Jan 22, 2023 1:17 am
worcej wrote:
Sun Jan 22, 2023 1:11 am
Chaqa wrote:
Sat Jan 21, 2023 11:36 pm
@worc: I actually just bought the pathfinder 2 core book as well as a Tome of Beasts from Kobold Press (for 5e, but I like 5e)

I went to tell you about it on here and realized I hadn’t ever sent my message to the thread :/
Lol - PF2E has a lot of crunch but I love the customization options and fear system far more than the 5e one versions. Plus the 3 action system is very intuitive once you get used to it.
My biggest issue is I have a BOATLOAD of 5e supplemental and 3rd party stuff, including like six kickstarter products coming this year.

My biggest pain point right now is that my campaign and most of my books are on D&D Beyond. My players use it for their sheets, though a few of them tried out paper today and it went very well (I assume), but I don't know how to get their character sheets put together w/o D&D Beyond tbh
That sucks... guess you're stuck with that eventual $30/month subscription fee if those leaks are accurate

worcej

#1484 Post by worcej » Sun Jan 22, 2023 3:01 am

Balki Bartokomous wrote:
RIP ghug.

I have been claimed for 2 phases now and really would like know who I can more definitively trust than what I suppose is my team.

Let's get back to the business at hand at least - ##vote bo

BunnyGo

#1485 Post by BunnyGo » Sun Jan 22, 2023 3:39 am

This sucks...where is everyone?

By the way, @Balki, serious question: do *you* remember *me* from those two games Bozo and I were talking about?

BunnyGo

#1486 Post by BunnyGo » Sun Jan 22, 2023 3:41 am

OK...so EOD yesterday was a thing...

@koala, question for you: wasn't yavu one of your strongest townreads because of that logic post?

bozotheclown

#1488 Post by bozotheclown » Sun Jan 22, 2023 4:01 am

Balki Bartokomous wrote:
RIP ghug.

I support a mass claim today if there is enough agreement to get everyone to follow through. I understand ghug's arguments for waiting, but I do not think the goal of giving us a smaller scum pool later is likely to work out, because waiting allows the mafia to delay their decision to claim VT or PR, and they can adjust their decision based on the number of hidden PRs.

BunnyGo

#1489 Post by BunnyGo » Sun Jan 22, 2023 4:23 am

OK, some player vote analysis:

Day 1 final wagon

Wagon # Voters
pyxxy (5) BunnyGo bozotheclown Hamilton Brian bo_sox48 yavuzovic
worcej (3) ghug Chaqa lfischl
BunnyGo (2) Balki Bartokomous pyxxy
bozotheclown (1) KoalaAttack
rdrivera2005 (1) damo666
ghug (1) worcej
damo666 (1) rdrivera2005

the greenish color for confirmed town, the worcej color for the only current claimed PR.

Some movement things to note:

when bozo followed me onto pyxxy, he suggested that ghug might have been pocketing pyxxy.

when bo_sox broke the 3-3 worcej/pyxxy tie, he moved OFF of lfischl after saying fish had a good response. Justified it as active vs. inactive; said he didn't think worcej nor I were townie but at least active.

Day 2:

yavuzovic (6) damo666 rdrivera2005 lfischl KoalaAttack worcej ghug
ghug (2) BunnyGo bo_sox48
bo_sox48 (2) bozotheclown yavuzovic
BunnyGo (1) Balki Bartokomous
Balki Bartokomous (1) Chaqa

The big actions were:

yav, worcej, then bozo putting bo_sox in the lead with 16 minutes to go in quick succession and dropping ghug from contention.

10 minutes later, yav panics and runs to vote Koala, which ties the vote, then back to bo.

Koala then ties it up by voting for his strongest town read (at least as near as I can tell from his screeds). After that, worcej and ghug vote to not have a tie.

Another thing to note: Balki is so scared of my prowess as scum that he thinks I'm the whole scum team and refuses to vote for one of his other "scum reads" day 2 that had a chance of being a leading wagon (ghug). 8-)

BunnyGo

#1490 Post by BunnyGo » Sun Jan 22, 2023 4:34 am

After reading the Koala "dialog" post again, I noticed many of the characters are now dead townies, and the other 3 are me, worcej, and Balki.

Hypothesis: Koala won't interact with scum?

Testing now by rereading all Koala posts for mentions of other players:

He OMGUS' bozo early.

It's not until the "yavu logic" post that he finally adds fish to the list of players mentioned/interacted with at least once.

FINALLY interacts with damo when damo does a math problem for him--would be weird not to interact with him in response though.

Again interacts with him when damo calls out his self sacrifice--again that's damo starting the interaction.

Same with rdr.

He has never once until N2 mentioned by name nor interacted with bo, nor Chaqa. Which is kind of spectacular.

KoalaAttack

#1491 Post by KoalaAttack » Sun Jan 22, 2023 4:49 am

BunnyGo wrote:
Sun Jan 22, 2023 3:41 am
OK...so EOD yesterday was a thing...

@koala, question for you: wasn't yavu one of your strongest townreads because of that logic post?
Yep yav sure was but I thought Bo was town too. So my vote forced a tie between two townies for info, as I saw it.

And unveiling yay did give extra info. That logic post was either sincere and therefore confirmed valuable or - as someone pointed out - a Mafia ploy to confuse us because the Mafia-yav knew both Worcej and lfishl were town. So unveiling yav helped narrow that down, which was point (3) in my analysis with bozo.

Clearly I’m sorry yav was a Townie. And clearly I was wrong about ghug too. I tried to make the best calls with the info I have, and it’s difficult when you can’t exactly know whom to trust for advice given the nature of the game.

BunnyGo

#1493 Post by BunnyGo » Sun Jan 22, 2023 4:53 am

@koala: why specifically did you townread bo?

BunnyGo

#1494 Post by BunnyGo » Sun Jan 22, 2023 4:58 am

I'm liking this theory. Going to sleep on it. Seems koala ran away...

If someone posts here before I pass out, happy to interact a bit.

BunnyGo

#1495 Post by BunnyGo » Sun Jan 22, 2023 5:03 am

Question for the group: why kill ghug?

KoalaAttack

#1497 Post by KoalaAttack » Sun Jan 22, 2023 5:14 am

BunnyGo wrote:
Sun Jan 22, 2023 4:53 am
@koala: why specifically did you townread bo?
Because while none of Bo's posts have been useful to hunt Mafia, nothing seemed particularly sinister either. It's more a bunch of random NAI as I read it. Same boat as lfischl (minus the yav logic post) or rdr for me.

Maybe I just suck at this game. Oh well, I tried.

BunnyGo

#1498 Post by BunnyGo » Sun Jan 22, 2023 5:17 am

@koala do you believe worcej's claim? Did you believe Balki's? Chaqa's?

KoalaAttack

#1499 Post by KoalaAttack » Sun Jan 22, 2023 5:18 am

BunnyGo wrote:
Sun Jan 22, 2023 4:58 am
I'm liking this theory. Going to sleep on it. Seems koala ran away...

If someone posts here before I pass out, happy to interact a bit.
No I didn't run away, but I'm realizing I spent way too much time on this thread and seems to have done more harm then good anywho. Fair enough.

So – new approach. I'm going to mostly sit out the day today. If I'm around for EOD again, I'll take a look at the votes and see if I can be useful. Otherwise, I'll get out of the way. And in the meantime, here, let me help you out there with what would be the logical thing to do:

##vote KoalaAttack

KoalaAttack

#1500 Post by KoalaAttack » Sun Jan 22, 2023 5:19 am

BunnyGo wrote:
Sun Jan 22, 2023 5:12 am
Hi Brian! Hi Koala!
Uh, hi?

Oh, you mean the online status? My laptop is always online, like 24/7, don't read into that.