MAFIA 77: RETURN TO THE WEST [GAME THREAD] - [HIDDEN]

If you have a game you want to play on the forum, you can do so here.
Forum rules
This is an area for forum games. Please note that to support mafia games players cannot edit their own posts in this forum. Off Topic threads will be relocated or deleted. Issues taking place in forum games should be dealt with by respective game GMs and escalated to the moderators only if absolutely necessary.
worcej

Re: MAFIA 77: RETURN TO THE WEST [GAME THREAD] - [HIDDEN]

#1281 Post by worcej » Fri Jan 20, 2023 7:09 pm

bo_sox48 wrote:
Fri Jan 20, 2023 4:57 pm
Or scum have a hooker, worcej, assuming his claim is real, takes the RB, and another PR of the two claimed takes a shot. We narrow their NK down to a field of two instead of a field of 9, or instead of just forcing them to remove worcej assuming they know his claim to be true.
This is pretty much what I was just referring to.

I see this as a positive because it simplifies the NK situations, can confirm a role mafia has, and also shortens down the list of possible scum.

worcej

#1282 Post by worcej » Fri Jan 20, 2023 7:11 pm

lfischl wrote:
Fri Jan 20, 2023 5:14 pm
Also what happened to the chaqa wagon?
It was only ever me and bo and apparently bo was just placating me.

worcej

#1283 Post by worcej » Fri Jan 20, 2023 7:12 pm

Balki Bartokomous wrote:
Fri Jan 20, 2023 5:21 pm
It's fine. Y'all are too crafty for me.
Chaqa is pretending the be Jamie this game! I think I finally figured out his style!!

worcej

#1284 Post by worcej » Fri Jan 20, 2023 7:15 pm

KoalaAttack wrote:
Fri Jan 20, 2023 6:32 pm
Balki Bartokomous wrote:
Fri Jan 20, 2023 4:12 pm
I think that enough cats are out of enough bags that we should mass claim. This is especially true here where we may have items (guns, etc.) that we can give to our clear townies, should we get any from this exercise.

I would suggest that we claim in an organized way. Either (a) we set an order here in this thread and insist that people claim in that order, or else (b) we set a time when everyone is available and we claim at that exact time.

I am pretty sure that (b) is preferable, but only if we can coordinate it and everyone is available at the same time. And if we do this, the sooner the better.

I am going to propose right now that we do a mass claim in 1 hour and 48 minutes, at 10:00 am PT. Please confirm that you agree and are available at that time.
Sorry folks there are a myriad posts and I only have a few min break – so I speed-skimmed, will have to read to catch up in more detail tonight.

But this proposal seems important to respond to:

I do not believe the sincerity of your plan. And therefore, I will not participate in any claiming or unclaiming discussions about myself, full stop. "Neither confirm nor deny" or "I hard claim a Retired Civil War Gunsmith who is now a sports medicine Doctor who Gambles on their phone while Watching the field & Track" – take your pick!

Like I told worcej, I do not step on the same shovel twice. Last time there was a "group action" plan that you were pushing, I was one of the few who actually followed through. Everyone just kind of backed out and moved on. I assume this will be exactly the same.

To summarize: there was a binding vote idea, and all it did is put me in a position like I'm the only honest fool who is actually doing what we agreed. Why should I partake in this Sharade 2.0? Nope.
This stance is scummy as fuck.

worcej

#1285 Post by worcej » Fri Jan 20, 2023 7:19 pm

KoalaAttack wrote:
Fri Jan 20, 2023 6:56 pm
ghug wrote:
Fri Jan 20, 2023 6:52 pm

Does the fact that we didn't meet the conditions for follow-through matter?

Those conditions weren't consistent from person to person, but several of us weren't interested in the binding vote if we didn't get full participation during the night, which we didn't.

The way I see it, it's either democracy or Animal Farm. I have zero interest in Animal Farm.

And if it's a democracy, I would say we had the majority for the plan last night, so I would expect the minority to follow-through despite their personal disagreement. I would (well, Mafia-me probably wouldn't for obvious reasons). Note that I wasn't pushing for the binding vote plan. I simply saw that more that half of the people have voted during the night – pretty clear majority in my eyes.
This game is absolutely more animal farm than democracy. The pigs (mafia) are gaining more power the longer the animals (town) squabble and not organize to fight back.

The pigs are sacrificing an animal each night until they have all the power themselves, and then they win.

KoalaAttack

#1286 Post by KoalaAttack » Fri Jan 20, 2023 7:19 pm

Balki Bartokomous wrote:
Fri Jan 20, 2023 6:50 pm
KoalaAttack wrote:
Like I told worcej, I do not step on the same shovel twice. Last time there was a "group action" plan that you were pushing, I was one of the few who actually followed through. Everyone just kind of backed out and moved on. I assume this will be exactly the same.

To summarize: there was a binding vote idea, and all it did is put me in a position like I'm the only honest fool who is actually doing what we agreed. Why should I partake in this Sharade 2.0? Nope.
Both of my plans were optimal plays. But we have to work as a group or not at all, and we have some combination of town players playing sub-optimally and scum players.

In any event, a herd of cats cannot build a cat condo, even if it advisable that they do.

Except even you yourself switched. Think of this as a leadership exercise. You stepped up as a mini-leader to propose a plan of action. You definitely had some folks follow you, myself included. Sure, you might still not have the whole town behind you. But you have at least a few people who have agreed to vote in bulk. And then you turn around and not follow through yourself, therefore immediately undermining any momentum the group was getting? Suspicious on many levels.

KoalaAttack

#1287 Post by KoalaAttack » Fri Jan 20, 2023 7:22 pm

worcej wrote:
Fri Jan 20, 2023 7:15 pm
This stance is scummy as fuck.

Eh, whatever you say. I'm still 100% good with my original Self-Sacrifice plan if y'all want to revive that.

Balki Bartokomous
Gold Donator
Gold Donator

#1288 Post by Balki Bartokomous » Fri Jan 20, 2023 7:24 pm

KoalaAttack wrote:
Fri Jan 20, 2023 7:19 pm
Balki Bartokomous wrote:
Fri Jan 20, 2023 6:50 pm
KoalaAttack wrote:

Both of my plans were optimal plays. But we have to work as a group or not at all, and we have some combination of town players playing sub-optimally and scum players.

In any event, a herd of cats cannot build a cat condo, even if it advisable that they do.

Except even you yourself switched. Think of this as a leadership exercise. You stepped up as a mini-leader to propose a plan of action. You definitely had some folks follow you, myself included. Sure, you might still not have the whole town behind you. But you have at least a few people who have agreed to vote in bulk. And then you turn around and not follow through yourself, therefore immediately undermining any momentum the group was getting? Suspicious on many levels.
On many levels!?

Oh no, what are the levels?

KoalaAttack

#1289 Post by KoalaAttack » Fri Jan 20, 2023 7:25 pm

PS: god damn it, I keep getting sucked back here! I am going to close this browser tab now – may the Mafia-hunting spirits be with you, see you all tonight.

ghug
Bronze Donator
Bronze Donator

#1290 Post by ghug » Fri Jan 20, 2023 7:27 pm

##VOTE bozo

dargorygel
Site Moderator
Site Moderator

#1291 Post by dargorygel » Fri Jan 20, 2023 7:48 pm

##GM VOTE COUNT 2.5
Ole Darg saunters outa the Records Office an’ scribbles some things on the town blackboard:

worcej (2) KoalaAttack, yavuzovic
yavuzovic (2) bozotheclown, damo666
ghug (2) BunnyWent, bo_sox48
BunnyGo (1) Balki Bartokomous
Chaqa (1) worcej
Balki Bartokomous (1) Chaqa
bozotheclown (1) ghug

Unvote (1) rdrivera2005

Not yet voted: Ifischl

Everyone has posted…
Sun Sets in 3 hours and 10 minutes

ghug
Bronze Donator
Bronze Donator

#1292 Post by ghug » Fri Jan 20, 2023 7:53 pm

zzzzzzzźzzzzzz

Hi Brian

worcej

#1293 Post by worcej » Fri Jan 20, 2023 8:03 pm

Cheeky VC Darg - I chuckled lol

Balki Bartokomous
Gold Donator
Gold Donator

#1294 Post by Balki Bartokomous » Fri Jan 20, 2023 8:32 pm

This is a reminder to you all that Town Treasure Balki Bartokomous is voting to chop BunnyGo.

Unrelatedly, I think we have at least two players who have left for the day without seeing the wagon consolidation. I feel pretty confident that we are going to chop a Townie today.

Rah rah.

worcej

#1295 Post by worcej » Fri Jan 20, 2023 8:33 pm

Balki Bartokomous wrote:
Fri Jan 20, 2023 8:32 pm
This is a reminder to you all that Town Treasure Balki Bartokomous is voting to chop BunnyGo.

Unrelatedly, I think we have at least two players who have left for the day without seeing the wagon consolidation. I feel pretty confident that we are going to chop a Townie today.

Rah rah.
So let's chop Bo then?

##vote Bo

Balki Bartokomous
Gold Donator
Gold Donator

#1296 Post by Balki Bartokomous » Fri Jan 20, 2023 8:35 pm

worcej wrote:
Fri Jan 20, 2023 8:33 pm
Balki Bartokomous wrote:

Rah rah.
So let's chop Bo then?

##vote Bo
Do you have other reasons? I'm listening.

BunnyGo

#1297 Post by BunnyGo » Fri Jan 20, 2023 8:40 pm

Still out with kids. Can someone summarize the last 2-3 hours?

ghug
Bronze Donator
Bronze Donator

#1298 Post by ghug » Fri Jan 20, 2023 8:42 pm

Balki Bartokomous wrote:
Fri Jan 20, 2023 8:35 pm
worcej wrote:
Balki Bartokomous wrote:

Rah rah.
So let's chop Bo then?

##vote Bo
Do you disagree that not participating heavily in the night vote and then being one of the most eager to kill its probably town target once day came is suspicious?

The other big thing is that there's a lot of getting involved in discussions but very little in the way of opinions on players' alignments, which is scummy for anyone and especially for bo.

##VOTE bo

worcej

#1299 Post by worcej » Fri Jan 20, 2023 8:45 pm

Balki Bartokomous wrote:
worcej wrote:
Balki Bartokomous wrote:

Rah rah.
So let's chop Bo then?

##vote Bo
I feel like a town bo would be interested in going forward with the mass claim than what he's done. He's more amicable to claim when a role is claimed already in so as to consolidate town players to drive to conclusion. I read his posts from today and see he's saying it's not bad to do it, but then actively doesn't participate in the process.

Then the ghug freak out comes off as staged because from experience I know he doesn't give two shits about ghug and it strikes me as a convenient way to shirk the claim discussion, though he also gets an easy out from Koala's stance too.

Balki Bartokomous
Gold Donator
Gold Donator

#1300 Post by Balki Bartokomous » Fri Jan 20, 2023 8:45 pm

ghug wrote:
Fri Jan 20, 2023 8:42 pm
Balki Bartokomous wrote:
worcej wrote:
So let's chop Bo then?

##vote Bo
Do you disagree that not participating heavily in the night vote and then being one of the most eager to kill its probably town target once day came is suspicious?

The other big thing is that there's a lot of getting involved in discussions but very little in the way of opinions on players' alignments, which is scummy for anyone and especially for bo.

##VOTE bo
I think I look for different things than you look for.

I don't think Bo has been helpful, but he also hasn't put in any effort to blend in. He doesn't seem to want to be here at all. I don't really know how to sort his behavior. I'm pretty Null.