MAFIA 77: RETURN TO THE WEST [GAME THREAD] - [HIDDEN]

If you have a game you want to play on the forum, you can do so here.
Forum rules
This is an area for forum games. Please note that to support mafia games players cannot edit their own posts in this forum. Off Topic threads will be relocated or deleted. Issues taking place in forum games should be dealt with by respective game GMs and escalated to the moderators only if absolutely necessary.
bo_sox48
Site Admin
Site Admin

Re: MAFIA 77: RETURN TO THE WEST [GAME THREAD] - [HIDDEN]

#1161 Post by bo_sox48 » Fri Jan 20, 2023 4:12 pm

Chaqa wrote:
Fri Jan 20, 2023 2:53 pm
FWIW I think ghug is probably not town.
I thought I was the only one

Also feeling a certain way about Balki

Balki Bartokomous
Gold Donator
Gold Donator

#1162 Post by Balki Bartokomous » Fri Jan 20, 2023 4:14 pm

People who have agreed to be here and claim their role at exactly 10:00 am PT
1. Balki

bo_sox48
Site Admin
Site Admin

#1163 Post by bo_sox48 » Fri Jan 20, 2023 4:14 pm

Balki Bartokomous wrote:
Fri Jan 20, 2023 4:12 pm
I think that enough cats are out of enough bags that we should mass claim. This is especially true here where we may have items (guns, etc.) that we can give to our clear townies, should we get any from this exercise.

I would suggest that we claim in an organized way. Either (a) we set an order here in this thread and insist that people claim in that order, or else (b) we set a time when everyone is available and we claim at that exact time.

I am pretty sure that (b) is preferable, but only if we can coordinate it and everyone is available at the same time. And if we do this, the sooner the better.

I am going to propose right now that we do a mass claim in 1 hour and 48 minutes, at 10:00 am PT. Please confirm that you agree and are available at that time.
I think we should scumhunt, as we have been doing, more and PR hunt less. Even if we mass claim the scumteam will just be claiming VT here; they have much more room to hide among the vanilla group than the PR claimant we already know about and the softer claims that will be much more obvious when they are ready to be. Save this for D3.

BunnyGo

#1164 Post by BunnyGo » Fri Jan 20, 2023 4:14 pm

Balki Bartokomous wrote:
I think that enough cats are out of enough bags that we should mass claim. This is especially true here where we may have items (guns, etc.) that we can give to our clear townies, should we get any from this exercise.

I would suggest that we claim in an organized way. Either (a) we set an order here in this thread and insist that people claim in that order, or else (b) we set a time when everyone is available and we claim at that exact time.

I am pretty sure that (b) is preferable, but only if we can coordinate it and everyone is available at the same time. And if we do this, the sooner the better.

I am going to propose right now that we do a mass claim in 1 hour and 48 minutes, at 10:00 am PT. Please confirm that you agree and are available at that time.
I am not available at that time. Sorry but we had a snow day here and no school and two loud kids that need to be taken sledding then.

Balki Bartokomous
Gold Donator
Gold Donator

#1165 Post by Balki Bartokomous » Fri Jan 20, 2023 4:15 pm

bo_sox48 wrote:
Fri Jan 20, 2023 4:14 pm
Balki Bartokomous wrote:

I think we should scumhunt, as we have been doing, more and PR hunt less. Even if we mass claim the scumteam will just be claiming VT here; they have much more room to hide among the vanilla group than the PR claimant we already know about and the softer claims that will be much more obvious when they are ready to be. Save this for D3.
Let's not talk openly about what scum will do and the implications.

Balki Bartokomous
Gold Donator
Gold Donator

#1166 Post by Balki Bartokomous » Fri Jan 20, 2023 4:15 pm

BunnyGo wrote:
Balki Bartokomous wrote:

I am not available at that time. Sorry but we had a snow day here and no school and two loud kids that need to be taken sledding then.
What time works for you?

bo_sox48
Site Admin
Site Admin

#1167 Post by bo_sox48 » Fri Jan 20, 2023 4:16 pm

I also think trying to coax an international group of people, some of whom are undoubtedly sleeping, into being here in 1 hour and 48 minutes and opening the door to criticize them if they aren’t here is rather scummy.

Balki is feeling less like a game solver and more like a wild child who is doing weird shit for the sake of doing weird shit.

Balki Bartokomous
Gold Donator
Gold Donator

#1168 Post by Balki Bartokomous » Fri Jan 20, 2023 4:17 pm

When we first mass claim, PRs should only claim PR. Do not claim your specific role until we see whether scum have claimed VTs or PRs.

bo_sox48
Site Admin
Site Admin

#1169 Post by bo_sox48 » Fri Jan 20, 2023 4:17 pm

Balki Bartokomous wrote:
Fri Jan 20, 2023 4:15 pm
bo_sox48 wrote:
Balki Bartokomous wrote:

Let's not talk openly about what scum will do and the implications.
Right, let’s just talk openly about what PRs will do and the implications instead, and come up with stupid ideas that don’t gain us anything without the scumteam being braindead.

Balki Bartokomous
Gold Donator
Gold Donator

#1170 Post by Balki Bartokomous » Fri Jan 20, 2023 4:17 pm

bo_sox48 wrote:
Fri Jan 20, 2023 4:16 pm
I also think trying to coax an international group of people, some of whom are undoubtedly sleeping, into being here in 1 hour and 48 minutes and opening the door to criticize them if they aren’t here is rather scummy.

Balki is feeling less like a game solver and more like a wild child who is doing weird shit for the sake of doing weird shit.
This is one of my favorite posts of all time. Thank you.

Balki Bartokomous
Gold Donator
Gold Donator

#1171 Post by Balki Bartokomous » Fri Jan 20, 2023 4:19 pm

Okay, Bo is not going to claim.

I still think it is optimal to go forward and do this even without Bo.

If there is more dissent about why this is a good idea, I'd be happy to explain why Bo's protest is misguided. But if there is a consensus among non-Bos to do this, then I would still like to go ahead.

BunnyGo

#1172 Post by BunnyGo » Fri Jan 20, 2023 4:19 pm

Balki Bartokomous wrote:
Fri Jan 20, 2023 4:15 pm
BunnyGo wrote:
Balki Bartokomous wrote:

What time works for you?
1 PM pacific should be good.

That said, I agree with bo that we should wait until tomorrow, but I’m willing to defer to the larger community on this decision if I’m in the minority. I don’t think we’re likely to have full participation no matter what today (based on koala’s time zone and fish and yavu being MIA)

Sounds like Damo agrees we should do ASAP.

bo_sox48
Site Admin
Site Admin

#1173 Post by bo_sox48 » Fri Jan 20, 2023 4:22 pm

Balki Bartokomous wrote:
Fri Jan 20, 2023 4:19 pm
Okay, Bo is not going to claim.

I still think it is optimal to go forward and do this even without Bo.

If there is more dissent about why this is a good idea, I'd be happy to explain why Bo's protest is misguided. But if there is a consensus among non-Bos to do this, then I would still like to go ahead.
You say “fuck you, your wife, children, dog, and entire extended family” to me much more eloquently than ghug does.

Chaqa
Bronze Donator
Bronze Donator

#1174 Post by Chaqa » Fri Jan 20, 2023 4:22 pm

bo_sox48 wrote:
Chaqa wrote:

I was on the fence about Balki but this nonsense he's doing right now is making my scumdar skyrocket

BunnyGo

#1175 Post by BunnyGo » Fri Jan 20, 2023 4:24 pm

Chaqa wrote:
Fri Jan 20, 2023 4:22 pm
bo_sox48 wrote:
Chaqa wrote:

I was on the fence about Balki but this nonsense he's doing right now is making my scumdar skyrocket
If you two want to start a Balki wagon, I’ll go back and sit on the yavu one…

Chaqa
Bronze Donator
Bronze Donator

#1176 Post by Chaqa » Fri Jan 20, 2023 4:25 pm

This all seems incredibly forced and sudden.

Would a deep cover mafia team come up with a wild mass claim idea for D2?

bo_sox48
Site Admin
Site Admin

#1177 Post by bo_sox48 » Fri Jan 20, 2023 4:25 pm

We could join you on ghug instead.

BunnyGo

#1178 Post by BunnyGo » Fri Jan 20, 2023 4:26 pm

Chaqa wrote:
Fri Jan 20, 2023 4:25 pm

To be fair, I first mentioned it, Damo ran with it more. Balki is now doing something.

bo_sox48
Site Admin
Site Admin

#1179 Post by bo_sox48 » Fri Jan 20, 2023 4:26 pm

Chaqa wrote:
Fri Jan 20, 2023 4:25 pm

Absolutely nothing Balki has done is even remotely smart for mafia to do, and yet none of it really benefits town either in any dramatic manner despite his best efforts to make it appear that way, and that’s exactly what bothers me.

Balki Bartokomous
Gold Donator
Gold Donator

#1180 Post by Balki Bartokomous » Fri Jan 20, 2023 4:26 pm

Here is why I would not wait until tomorrow:

We will have at least two deaths between today and tomorrow. Scum do not know yet who those two deaths will be, or what buckets they will be in. I want to force scum to choose what buckets to claim in now so we can make decisions about what buckets to narrow in order to find town clears.

The main advantage from waiting is to keep PRs hidden another night, but there are enough claims out there now that scum probably have enough info to have a good chance at shooting and killing a PR tonight anyway.