MAFIA 77: RETURN TO THE WEST [GAME THREAD] - [HIDDEN]

If you have a game you want to play on the forum, you can do so here.
Forum rules
This is an area for forum games. Please note that to support mafia games players cannot edit their own posts in this forum. Off Topic threads will be relocated or deleted. Issues taking place in forum games should be dealt with by respective game GMs and escalated to the moderators only if absolutely necessary.
BunnyGo

Re: MAFIA 77: RETURN TO THE WEST [GAME THREAD] - [HIDDEN]

#921 Post by BunnyGo » Thu Jan 19, 2023 6:45 pm

worcej wrote:
Thu Jan 19, 2023 6:39 pm
bozotheclown wrote:
Thu Jan 19, 2023 6:30 pm
worcej wrote:
Thu Jan 19, 2023 6:15 pm
So we agree and you either believe me or you don't. Vote accordingly.
I did not think you were likely to be mafia before your claim, but your claim does not make me think you are any more or less likely to be mafia.
Regardless, there is no reason for us to be DKing PR claimants yet, although a mass claim will likely be needed to resolve PR claims since there is no guarantee of an eventual CC to fake claims.
I want to give you more town points, but I feel like town!bozo would be more analytical and focused on the fact that the semi-open setup takes more away from my claim and that I should be pushed today because scum could feel more safe by fake claiming and get away with it because we don't have GM confirmation on the exact PRs.
Like this post

worcej

#922 Post by worcej » Thu Jan 19, 2023 6:51 pm

BunnyGo wrote:
Thu Jan 19, 2023 6:45 pm
worcej wrote:
bozotheclown wrote:
Thu Jan 19, 2023 6:30 pm

I did not think you were likely to be mafia before your claim, but your claim does not make me think you are any more or less likely to be mafia.
Regardless, there is no reason for us to be DKing PR claimants yet, although a mass claim will likely be needed to resolve PR claims since there is no guarantee of an eventual CC to fake claims.
I want to give you more town points, but I feel like town!bozo would be more analytical and focused on the fact that the semi-open setup takes more away from my claim and that I should be pushed today because scum could feel more safe by fake claiming and get away with it because we don't have GM confirmation on the exact PRs.
Like this post
I like your like.

Do you agree with my 3 scum reads?

BunnyGo

#923 Post by BunnyGo » Thu Jan 19, 2023 6:55 pm

damo666 wrote:
Thu Jan 19, 2023 6:38 pm
ghug wrote:
Thu Jan 19, 2023 6:23 pm
damo666 wrote:
Thu Jan 19, 2023 6:08 pm

Not every time but this ain't the first!
The tantrum is very in line with his past PR play specifically.
So we pretty much believe him. Ok.
Did you not believe him when you unvoted?

ghug
Bronze Donator
Bronze Donator

#924 Post by ghug » Thu Jan 19, 2023 6:55 pm

worcej wrote:
Thu Jan 19, 2023 6:51 pm
BunnyGo wrote:
worcej wrote:
Like this post
I like your like.

Just kiss already.

BunnyGo

#925 Post by BunnyGo » Thu Jan 19, 2023 6:57 pm

worcej wrote:
BunnyGo wrote:
worcej wrote:
Like this post
I like your like.

No. But that’s ok.

My current preference is to vote for:

Yavu > Damo >> Bo

But I’m mostly enjoying all the action now. This is fun!

@bozo: can you ask us a survey?! You do it so much better than I do!

BunnyGo

#926 Post by BunnyGo » Thu Jan 19, 2023 6:57 pm

ghug wrote:
Thu Jan 19, 2023 6:55 pm
worcej wrote:
BunnyGo wrote:

Like this post
I like your like.

Just kiss already.
Sorry, but I’m checking out the arm candy behind me in class…he’s cute!

ghug
Bronze Donator
Bronze Donator

#927 Post by ghug » Thu Jan 19, 2023 7:00 pm

BunnyGo wrote:
Thu Jan 19, 2023 6:57 pm
worcej wrote:
BunnyGo wrote:

Like this post
I like your like.

No. But that’s ok.

My current preference is to vote for:

Yavu > Damo >> Bo

But I’m mostly enjoying all the action now. This is fun!

@bozo: can you ask us a survey?! You do it so much better than I do!
Why is bo at the bottom of this list?

KoalaAttack

#928 Post by KoalaAttack » Thu Jan 19, 2023 7:00 pm

Interesting, no-one voted for me so far. So I feel I should post this preemptively, just in case folks do vote for me – I don't want this post to come across as being reactive to that.

- I still believe that following through on the binding vote makes the most sense and is the optimal move. For reasons of Pool of Elimination coupled with yavozovic thread.

- If you disagree, I humbly request that you vote for me. The rules say nothing about surviving being a part of the victory conditions AFAICT, merely that our side wins. So when my role as a Townie will be revealed upon my death, that should give the good Townies enough info to win the game IMHO – assuming they will spend the time to carefully re-read the backscroll of last night and today. So I can "pawn sacrifice" myself and it's a win/win either way in my mind.

Think about it – either the above is sincere, so let me do my "pawn sacrifice" if you are not onboard with the binding vote. Or the above is a reverse psychology attempt by a Mafia, so vote me and kill a Mafia. You win either way!

Thank you in advance!

damo666

#929 Post by damo666 » Thu Jan 19, 2023 7:01 pm

I am town reading the following players with reasons stated:

Balki - don't think he'd claim and retract as scum
Bozo - for stating we will need to mass claim at some point
Bo - for post 798
Chaqa - don't believe his claim but not a scum move I think
ghug - vibes
KA - feel
worcej - doc claim

This leaves my scum pool as Bunny, lfischl, rdr and yav.

damo666

#930 Post by damo666 » Thu Jan 19, 2023 7:02 pm

BunnyGo wrote:
Thu Jan 19, 2023 6:55 pm
damo666 wrote:
Thu Jan 19, 2023 6:38 pm
ghug wrote:
Thu Jan 19, 2023 6:23 pm

The tantrum is very in line with his past PR play specifically.
So we pretty much believe him. Ok.
Did you not believe him when you unvoted?
Enough to not want to kill him. Ghug's observation strengthens that.

damo666

#931 Post by damo666 » Thu Jan 19, 2023 7:05 pm

KoalaAttack wrote:
Thu Jan 19, 2023 7:00 pm
Interesting, no-one voted for me so far. So I feel I should post this preemptively, just in case folks do vote for me – I don't want this post to come across as being reactive to that.

- I still believe that following through on the binding vote makes the most sense and is the optimal move. For reasons of Pool of Elimination coupled with yavozovic thread.

- If you disagree, I humbly request that you vote for me. The rules say nothing about surviving being a part of the victory conditions AFAICT, merely that our side wins. So when my role as a Townie will be revealed upon my death, that should give the good Townies enough info to win the game IMHO – assuming they will spend the time to carefully re-read the backscroll of last night and today. So I can "pawn sacrifice" myself and it's a win/win either way in my mind.

Think about it – either the above is sincere, so let me do my "pawn sacrifice" if you are not onboard with the binding vote. Or the above is a reverse psychology attempt by a Mafia, so vote me and kill a Mafia. You win either way!

Thank you in advance!
If you are town how can killing you be to town's advantage?

damo666

#932 Post by damo666 » Thu Jan 19, 2023 7:07 pm

##vote Bunny

KoalaAttack

#933 Post by KoalaAttack » Thu Jan 19, 2023 7:09 pm

damo666 wrote:
Thu Jan 19, 2023 7:05 pm

If you are town how can killing you be to town's advantage?
It will prove the sincerity of my posts throughout last night and today – and since there was a good amount of them and the topics involved, I believe on the balance they will provide enough useful info to the group vs if the dead Townie mostly said fluff or didn't post as much.

I now see why having active discussions are instrumental in this game. Thank you to all who highlighted that at the beginning!

Obviously if you have a guaranteed read on a Mafia because they make a mistake vote on that Mafia. That should go without saying. But barring that...

KoalaAttack

#934 Post by KoalaAttack » Thu Jan 19, 2023 7:14 pm

Think about it this way – if I am a Townie, why has no Mafia voted for me so far? Clearly because I am one of the the lest-advantageous Townies for them to unveil (for whatever reasons). Maybe I'm new so they don't see me as a threat. Or maybe I said some things that they don't want verified as sincere.

Either way, the binding vote would be more effective. But this feels as good as Plan B as any.

rdrivera2005
Gold Donator
Gold Donator

#935 Post by rdrivera2005 » Thu Jan 19, 2023 7:20 pm

KoalaAttack wrote:

Thank you in advance!
I still think you are town but this post is really bad. If you are town you should not want to sacrifice yourself. Townies have two goals: finding scum and showing they are townies to other town people. Town usually win by forming a town core and not by some next level PR play.

This said, my town core now includes Balki, Koala and Worcej.

I feel Bozo and Chaq seeming just not invested in the game, which is a bit scummy. Lfishcl and Yav are just coasting and are not bad choices too. But I will keep my ##vote Damo, his reads are just platitudes. Town read Bozo for stating the obvious, vibes, feel...

Balki Bartokomous
Gold Donator
Gold Donator

#936 Post by Balki Bartokomous » Thu Jan 19, 2023 7:22 pm

KoalaAttack wrote:
Thu Jan 19, 2023 7:14 pm
Think about it this way – if I am a Townie, why has no Mafia voted for me so far? Clearly because I am one of the the lest-advantageous Townies for them to unveil (for whatever reasons). Maybe I'm new so they don't see me as a threat. Or maybe I said some things that they don't want verified as sincere.

Either way, the binding vote would be more effective. But this feels as good as Plan B as any.
This isn’t a great plan, Koala. Our mischops are extremely valuable. We should not use one in order to prove the sincerity of your first two days worth of posts.

1. You’ll be surprised at how little is said about your earlier posts after you die and flip Town.
2. The things that you said earlier in the game will be out of date shortly after you die. The living players will have more info than you had when you spoke earlier.
3. Much of the game already sees you as likely town, so if you do flip town, it actually wouldn’t change the information in the game all that much, relative to someone else (who is more widely scumread) flipping Town.
4. The absolute most useful knowledge we can gain from a flip is a Scum flip, and we should use our valuable day chops in pursuit of that.
5. Just the act of insisting that everyone votes for the person they consider most likely to be scum, and forcing them to explain their reasons, is the best way to generate useful information for later.

Please do not pursue your strategy.

rdrivera2005
Gold Donator
Gold Donator

#937 Post by rdrivera2005 » Thu Jan 19, 2023 7:24 pm

KoalaAttack wrote:
Thu Jan 19, 2023 7:14 pm

Nobody is voting you because your posts scream newbie town. Mafia tend to either vote obvious miskills or someone that isn't widely townread. So, if you are town try to learn as you will probably be alive until the end. I have advocated to kill newbies in other games to avoid them throwing the game to Mafia because they refuse to play or learn but this is obviously not the case.

KoalaAttack

#938 Post by KoalaAttack » Thu Jan 19, 2023 7:54 pm

OK, thank you for your input Balki & rdrivera2005 – I will not pursue this plan in that case.

And here I thought "what a great strategy I came up with", sigh...

KoalaAttack

#939 Post by KoalaAttack » Thu Jan 19, 2023 7:56 pm

As for reads, if the plan was terrible, does that translate into a few Town-karma brownie points to you two for pointing it out? Unless of course you are Mafia pretending to be Townies. Fun times!

lfischl

#940 Post by lfischl » Thu Jan 19, 2023 7:59 pm

rdrivera2005 wrote:
Thu Jan 19, 2023 7:20 pm
KoalaAttack wrote:

Thank you in advance!
I still think you are town but this post is really bad. If you are town you should not want to sacrifice yourself. Townies have two goals: finding scum and showing they are townies to other town people. Town usually win by forming a town core and not by some next level PR play.

This said, my town core now includes Balki, Koala and Worcej.

I feel Bozo and Chaq seeming just not invested in the game, which is a bit scummy. Lfishcl and Yav are just coasting and are not bad choices too. But I will keep my ##vote Damo, his reads are just platitudes. Town read Bozo for stating the obvious, vibes, feel...
For my activity, sorry I haven't been around as much, I had a pretty awful weekend with some personal stuff and then I got sick, but I should be around more tonight and tomorrow.

For the PR's, I do think worcej's doctor claim is truthful, and I would be open to flipping someone like chaqa because I don't believe his claim