MAFIA 77: RETURN TO THE WEST [GAME THREAD] - [HIDDEN]

If you have a game you want to play on the forum, you can do so here.
Forum rules
This is an area for forum games. Please note that to support mafia games players cannot edit their own posts in this forum. Off Topic threads will be relocated or deleted. Issues taking place in forum games should be dealt with by respective game GMs and escalated to the moderators only if absolutely necessary.
damo666

Re: MAFIA 77: RETURN TO THE WEST [GAME THREAD] - [HIDDEN]

#901 Post by damo666 » Thu Jan 19, 2023 6:28 pm

KoalaAttack wrote:
Thu Jan 19, 2023 6:14 pm
BunnyGo wrote:
Thu Jan 19, 2023 6:11 pm

Question for you:

What do you think is easier to fake as scum: gut level reads and hunting, or posting technically correct logic that leads to incorrect answers because of flawed assumptions?

I’m leading you a bit here on my opinion, but I’m curious as to your reaction to my thoughts.

The answer depends on the make-up of the group, of which I am not well aware.

If the group is made up of people highly skilled in logic and having sufficient EQ (Emotional Intelligence) to keep their feelings in check during a game that is meant to stir them up, than irrefutably-flawless logic (similar yo the yavuzovic discussion) should win out in the end.

If the group is made up of people who are poor at logic, or who are highly emotional, defensive, or personally vindictive, then of course gut level reads.

You folks tell me – which kind of group is this, on the balance?
Well, there are plenty of logicians (bozo for example) but there is usually a lot of emotional stuff too, so basically a mixed bunch.

worcej

#902 Post by worcej » Thu Jan 19, 2023 6:29 pm

KoalaAttack wrote:
Thu Jan 19, 2023 6:25 pm
worcej wrote:
Thu Jan 19, 2023 6:22 pm
KoalaAttack wrote:
Thu Jan 19, 2023 6:20 pm

It's cool, I don't like you either. But I respect your opinion, to each their own as they say.

And I know which bucket I put you in (unless you are spectacularly role-playing it as Mafia, as we shall find out after the game ends).
To be very clear: I don't not like you.

I just don't like it that you asked for my opinion, I asked for clarity on what you wanted me to comment on, and you played victim because of it.

That's a bullshit move.
Not sure I agree with the assessment. The key bit the above omits is that I only did that after you gave me crap the previous time when I spent the effort to provide clarification. I don't like stepping on the same shovel twice – do you?
When it's the only tool I have, I try to make the tool work instead of giving up and doing nothing.

You asked me to comment on logic. Was it your logic? Was it yavu's? Was it in your wall post? Was it in his post? What phase was it exactly - N1 or D2?

Asking for what you want me to explicitly respond to isn't a fucking crime. Your wall post with terrible formatting was though...

bozotheclown

#903 Post by bozotheclown » Thu Jan 19, 2023 6:30 pm

worcej wrote:
Thu Jan 19, 2023 6:15 pm
bozotheclown wrote:
Thu Jan 19, 2023 6:09 pm
worcej wrote:
Thu Jan 19, 2023 6:04 pm
This is an unusual question because it's really NAI and just a lot of WIFOM.

Every PR is expected to provide a claim near death and people regularly criticize the PR player if they don't claim after the fact.

We also expect scum to fake claim to drive a CC or randomly stay alive, thus why doubt like Balki's exists.

So - I guess it's up to you to infer your judgment here because expectations overlap - am I being truthful or not?
My point was that it is WIFOM, and should not be given too much consideration.
So we agree and you either believe me or you don't. Vote accordingly.
I did not think you were likely to be mafia before your claim, but your claim does not make me think you are any more or less likely to be mafia.
Regardless, there is no reason for us to be DKing PR claimants yet, although a mass claim will likely be needed to resolve PR claims since there is no guarantee of an eventual CC to fake claims.

Balki Bartokomous
Gold Donator
Gold Donator

#904 Post by Balki Bartokomous » Thu Jan 19, 2023 6:30 pm

bozotheclown wrote:
Thu Jan 19, 2023 6:30 pm
I did not think you were likely to be mafia before your claim, but your claim does not make me think you are any more or less likely to be mafia.
Regardless, there is no reason for us to be DKing PR claimants yet, although a mass claim will likely be needed to resolve PR claims since there is no guarantee of an eventual CC to fake claims.
Bozo is smart. He can sit with us.

worcej

#905 Post by worcej » Thu Jan 19, 2023 6:31 pm

Balki Bartokomous wrote:
worcej wrote:

I just don't like it that you asked for my opinion, I asked for clarity on what you wanted me to comment on, and you played victim because of it.

That's a bullshit move.
You hear that, Jamiet and Foxcastle?
This is definitely a Jamie move as well (love you brosef but it's true) but I don't recall Fox doing it.

ghug
Bronze Donator
Bronze Donator

#906 Post by ghug » Thu Jan 19, 2023 6:32 pm

worcej, I get that you're pissed at Chaqa, but given that he voted for you last night too, is his hammer really more suspicious than damo's or bo's given that they didn't vote for him and weren't loud advocate of the night voting plan to begin with?

Balki Bartokomous
Gold Donator
Gold Donator

#907 Post by Balki Bartokomous » Thu Jan 19, 2023 6:32 pm

I like how the thread is now focused on trying to explain this community's emotional maturity and general vibe. It's just great. Some excellent answers.

Balki Bartokomous
Gold Donator
Gold Donator

#908 Post by Balki Bartokomous » Thu Jan 19, 2023 6:33 pm

worcej wrote:
Thu Jan 19, 2023 6:31 pm
Balki Bartokomous wrote:
worcej wrote:

That's a bullshit move.
This is definitely a Jamie move as well (love you brosef but it's true) but I don't recall Fox doing it.
Sorry, a monkey was at my keyboard. Please disregard.

ghug
Bronze Donator
Bronze Donator

#909 Post by ghug » Thu Jan 19, 2023 6:34 pm

Balki Bartokomous wrote:
Thu Jan 19, 2023 6:32 pm
I like how the thread is now focused on trying to explain this community's emotional maturity and general vibe. It's just great. Some excellent answers.
I just like to make fun of people because I'm more emotionally mature than them.

KoalaAttack

#910 Post by KoalaAttack » Thu Jan 19, 2023 6:36 pm

worcej wrote:
Thu Jan 19, 2023 6:29 pm
KoalaAttack wrote:
worcej wrote:

That's a bullshit move.
Not sure I agree with the assessment. The key bit the above omits is that I only did that after you gave me crap the previous time when I spent the effort to provide clarification. I don't like stepping on the same shovel twice – do you?
When it's the only tool I have, I try to make the tool work instead of giving up and doing nothing.

You asked me to comment on logic. Was it your logic? Was it yavu's? Was it in your wall post? Was it in his post? What phase was it exactly - N1 or D2?

Asking for what you want me to explicitly respond to isn't a fucking crime. Your wall post with terrible formatting was though...
The first bit re making the tool work makes perfect sense – kudos, and fair enough. Agreed 100%.

Fortunately for me, I happen have many other tools, that is talking to other folks on here.

So I'll stop going down the rabbit hole re the rest of your post, before we arrive at another rant or ... let me choose my words carefully: emotionally-charged discourse.

damo666

#911 Post by damo666 » Thu Jan 19, 2023 6:36 pm

worcej wrote:
Thu Jan 19, 2023 6:31 pm
Balki Bartokomous wrote:
worcej wrote:

That's a bullshit move.
Balki is referring to 20 questions game.

Chaqa
Bronze Donator
Bronze Donator

#912 Post by Chaqa » Thu Jan 19, 2023 6:37 pm

worcej wrote:
Thu Jan 19, 2023 6:20 pm
Chaqa wrote:
Thu Jan 19, 2023 6:19 pm
worcej wrote:
Thu Jan 19, 2023 4:48 pm
The threshold has been crossed.

I HARDCLAIM DOCTOR.

I fucking hate you all.
Bull fucking shit.
please CC me...

please CC me...

please CC me...
i already claimed my role

damo666

#913 Post by damo666 » Thu Jan 19, 2023 6:38 pm

ghug wrote:
Thu Jan 19, 2023 6:23 pm
damo666 wrote:
Thu Jan 19, 2023 6:08 pm
KoalaAttack wrote:
Thu Jan 19, 2023 5:39 pm

Alrighty – then my question becomes: to those who have played with worcej before, do they flip the lid & throw a tantrum everytime they are voted on?
Not every time but this ain't the first!
The tantrum is very in line with his past PR play specifically.
So we pretty much believe him. Ok.

ghug
Bronze Donator
Bronze Donator

#914 Post by ghug » Thu Jan 19, 2023 6:39 pm

damo666 wrote:
Thu Jan 19, 2023 6:38 pm
ghug wrote:
Thu Jan 19, 2023 6:23 pm
damo666 wrote:
Thu Jan 19, 2023 6:08 pm

Not every time but this ain't the first!
The tantrum is very in line with his past PR play specifically.
So we pretty much believe him. Ok.
I do think there needs to be more heightened scrutiny on PR claims than normal this game, because this is what it's going to look like when we catch scum, but yeah, i townread him.

worcej

#915 Post by worcej » Thu Jan 19, 2023 6:39 pm

bozotheclown wrote:
Thu Jan 19, 2023 6:30 pm
worcej wrote:
Thu Jan 19, 2023 6:15 pm
bozotheclown wrote:
Thu Jan 19, 2023 6:09 pm

My point was that it is WIFOM, and should not be given too much consideration.
So we agree and you either believe me or you don't. Vote accordingly.
I want to give you more town points, but I feel like town!bozo would be more analytical and focused on the fact that the semi-open setup takes more away from my claim and that I should be pushed today because scum could feel more safe by fake claiming and get away with it because we don't have GM confirmation on the exact PRs.

Chaqa
Bronze Donator
Bronze Donator

#916 Post by Chaqa » Thu Jan 19, 2023 6:41 pm

worcej wrote:
Thu Jan 19, 2023 6:27 pm
Chaqa wrote:
worcej wrote:
Thu Jan 19, 2023 5:07 pm
We (this community) are notoriously lemmings when ends start happening. Damo and Chaqa were advocating for it and it drew your hammer into the mix.

You can Monday morning QB me all I want or you can just not suck and not make this game about scratching names randomly off a list.
you're doing the exact same thing you did last time, Balki had just said he wasn't gonna end and you should have understood that meant it probably wasn't happening.

I simply don't believe you're that incapable of learning a lesson, therefore you can't be really the doctor.
4 end votes was the line. You, and 3 others, helped cross it.

I am arguably incredibly consistent on claiming "earlier than what the community likes" and give zero fucks about your opinion on this because it's based on my opinion on how this community can react. I don't feel like I needed to learn anything from last game, which I had to do because I had a meeting scheduled at my job right at phase end and felt compelled to issue the claim because of it.

So, you don't believe me and quite frankly I don't care because I am the most confident that you're scum right now.
I am literally a PR.

ghug
Bronze Donator
Bronze Donator

#917 Post by ghug » Thu Jan 19, 2023 6:41 pm

Chaqa wrote:
Thu Jan 19, 2023 6:41 pm
worcej wrote:
Chaqa wrote:

you're doing the exact same thing you did last time, Balki had just said he wasn't gonna end and you should have understood that meant it probably wasn't happening.

I simply don't believe you're that incapable of learning a lesson, therefore you can't be really the doctor.

I am arguably incredibly consistent on claiming "earlier than what the community likes" and give zero fucks about your opinion on this because it's based on my opinion on how this community can react. I don't feel like I needed to learn anything from last game, which I had to do because I had a meeting scheduled at my job right at phase end and felt compelled to issue the claim because of it.

So, you don't believe me and quite frankly I don't care because I am the most confident that you're scum right now.
I am literally a PR.
I'm not amused.

worcej

#918 Post by worcej » Thu Jan 19, 2023 6:43 pm

ghug wrote:
Thu Jan 19, 2023 6:32 pm
worcej, I get that you're pissed at Chaqa, but given that he voted for you last night too, is his hammer really more suspicious than damo's or bo's given that they didn't vote for him and weren't loud advocate of the night voting plan to begin with?
I agree that damo and bo are suspicious for their executions of hammers today (thus expanding my validation in claiming when I did) but my read on Chaqa is beyond this instance and has been more of an overall game approach so it doesn't put them above Chaqa atm.

But for the sakes of it all - I am fine with a bo kill now because he's my second highest scum read.

##vote bo

Chaqa
Bronze Donator
Bronze Donator

#919 Post by Chaqa » Thu Jan 19, 2023 6:45 pm

Nah he's scum I ain't moving my vote

worcej

#920 Post by worcej » Thu Jan 19, 2023 6:45 pm

Chaqa wrote:
Thu Jan 19, 2023 6:41 pm
worcej wrote:
Chaqa wrote:

I am literally a PR.
And this can be true because all scum roles are PRs this game.