MAFIA 77: RETURN TO THE WEST [GAME THREAD] - [HIDDEN]

If you have a game you want to play on the forum, you can do so here.
Forum rules
This is an area for forum games. Please note that to support mafia games players cannot edit their own posts in this forum. Off Topic threads will be relocated or deleted. Issues taking place in forum games should be dealt with by respective game GMs and escalated to the moderators only if absolutely necessary.
KoalaAttack

Re: MAFIA 77: RETURN TO THE WEST [GAME THREAD] - [HIDDEN]

#881 Post by KoalaAttack » Thu Jan 19, 2023 6:14 pm

BunnyGo wrote:
Thu Jan 19, 2023 6:11 pm

Question for you:

What do you think is easier to fake as scum: gut level reads and hunting, or posting technically correct logic that leads to incorrect answers because of flawed assumptions?

I’m leading you a bit here on my opinion, but I’m curious as to your reaction to my thoughts.

The answer depends on the make-up of the group, of which I am not well aware.

If the group is made up of people highly skilled in logic and having sufficient EQ (Emotional Intelligence) to keep their feelings in check during a game that is meant to stir them up, than irrefutably-flawless logic (similar yo the yavuzovic discussion) should win out in the end.

If the group is made up of people who are poor at logic, or who are highly emotional, defensive, or personally vindictive, then of course gut level reads.

You folks tell me – which kind of group is this, on the balance?

worcej

#882 Post by worcej » Thu Jan 19, 2023 6:15 pm

bozotheclown wrote:
Thu Jan 19, 2023 6:09 pm
worcej wrote:
Thu Jan 19, 2023 6:04 pm
bozotheclown wrote:
Thu Jan 19, 2023 5:50 pm

If you were about to be DKed as mafia, would you not react the same way, if that is what is expected of you as town?
This is an unusual question because it's really NAI and just a lot of WIFOM.

Every PR is expected to provide a claim near death and people regularly criticize the PR player if they don't claim after the fact.

We also expect scum to fake claim to drive a CC or randomly stay alive, thus why doubt like Balki's exists.

So - I guess it's up to you to infer your judgment here because expectations overlap - am I being truthful or not?
My point was that it is WIFOM, and should not be given too much consideration.
So we agree and you either believe me or you don't. Vote accordingly.

worcej

#883 Post by worcej » Thu Jan 19, 2023 6:15 pm

KoalaAttack wrote:
Thu Jan 19, 2023 6:14 pm
BunnyGo wrote:

Question for you:

What do you think is easier to fake as scum: gut level reads and hunting, or posting technically correct logic that leads to incorrect answers because of flawed assumptions?

I’m leading you a bit here on my opinion, but I’m curious as to your reaction to my thoughts.

If the group is made up of people highly skilled in logic and having sufficient EQ (Emotional Intelligence) to keep their feelings in check during a game that is meant to stir them up, than irrefutably-flawless logic (similar yo the yavuzovic discussion) should win out in the end.

If the group is made up of people who are poor at logic, or who are highly emotional, defensive, or personally vindictive, then of course gut level reads.

Too much effort. Go read other games.

Balki Bartokomous
Gold Donator
Gold Donator

#884 Post by Balki Bartokomous » Thu Jan 19, 2023 6:16 pm

BunnyGo wrote:
Thu Jan 19, 2023 6:06 pm
Balki Bartokomous wrote:
Thu Jan 19, 2023 5:21 pm
BunnyGo wrote:
Thu Jan 19, 2023 5:17 pm

What did you learn from your fake claim experiment? Can you share with the class?
I try to share things that I learn as I learn them.
You were going to tell us what you learned while fake claiming? There’s nothing more to share now that your fake claim is done?
1. I may or may not have been "fake claiming."
2. Why do you have the impression that I "was going to tell you what I learned"?
3. I don't have anything in particular to share now. I'll continue to share thoughts as they emerge from the bowl of fortune cookies in my mind. But the gerbils can only open so many at a time.

BunnyGo

#885 Post by BunnyGo » Thu Jan 19, 2023 6:16 pm

KoalaAttack wrote:
BunnyGo wrote:

Question for you:

The people here mostly make their livings as lawyers, programmers, mathematicians, actuaries, etc.

BunnyGo

#886 Post by BunnyGo » Thu Jan 19, 2023 6:17 pm

Balki Bartokomous wrote:
Thu Jan 19, 2023 6:16 pm
BunnyGo wrote:
Thu Jan 19, 2023 6:06 pm
Balki Bartokomous wrote:
Thu Jan 19, 2023 5:21 pm

I try to share things that I learn as I learn them.
You were going to tell us what you learned while fake claiming? There’s nothing more to share now that your fake claim is done?
1. I may or may not have been "fake claiming."
2. Why do you have the impression that I "was going to tell you what I learned"?
3. I don't have anything in particular to share now. I'll continue to share thoughts as they emerge from the bowl of fortune cookies in my mind. But the gerbils can only open so many at a time.
Answe to 2 is to be a swell team player!

Balki Bartokomous
Gold Donator
Gold Donator

#887 Post by Balki Bartokomous » Thu Jan 19, 2023 6:19 pm

BunnyGo wrote:
Thu Jan 19, 2023 6:12 pm
Balki Bartokomous wrote:
Thu Jan 19, 2023 5:56 pm
##vote BunnyGo

Just trying to make an impression on him this time.
Have we met? I’m Bunny!
I fucking sat behind you in 7th grade life sciences class. We were lab partners three times, and yoou told me you liked my backpack. I can't believe this.

Chaqa
Bronze Donator
Bronze Donator

#888 Post by Chaqa » Thu Jan 19, 2023 6:19 pm

worcej wrote:
Thu Jan 19, 2023 4:48 pm
bo_sox48 wrote:
Thu Jan 19, 2023 3:38 pm
We have the option to either forget this whole thing and play today like a normal day or hammer. We should not just sit here with most of the field being disincentivized to do anything for another 30 hours, though.

I’m happy to ##END and see if our gambler is good at this.
The threshold has been crossed.

I HARDCLAIM DOCTOR.

I fucking hate you all.
Bull fucking shit.

worcej

#889 Post by worcej » Thu Jan 19, 2023 6:20 pm

Chaqa wrote:
Thu Jan 19, 2023 6:19 pm
worcej wrote:
Thu Jan 19, 2023 4:48 pm
bo_sox48 wrote:
Thu Jan 19, 2023 3:38 pm
We have the option to either forget this whole thing and play today like a normal day or hammer. We should not just sit here with most of the field being disincentivized to do anything for another 30 hours, though.

I’m happy to ##END and see if our gambler is good at this.
The threshold has been crossed.

I HARDCLAIM DOCTOR.

I fucking hate you all.
Bull fucking shit.
please CC me...

please CC me...

please CC me...

KoalaAttack

#890 Post by KoalaAttack » Thu Jan 19, 2023 6:20 pm

worcej wrote:
Thu Jan 19, 2023 6:15 pm
It's cool, I don't like you either. But I respect your opinion, to each their own as they say.

And I know which bucket I put you in (unless you are spectacularly role-playing it as Mafia, as we shall find out after the game ends).

Chaqa
Bronze Donator
Bronze Donator

#891 Post by Chaqa » Thu Jan 19, 2023 6:22 pm

worcej wrote:
Thu Jan 19, 2023 5:07 pm
bo_sox48 wrote:
Thu Jan 19, 2023 5:03 pm
You really should have waited. Balki saying he wasn’t hammering pretty much assured that I took down my end vote, and I imagine the others would have rolled the same way.

##unvote
We (this community) are notoriously lemmings when ends start happening. Damo and Chaqa were advocating for it and it drew your hammer into the mix.

You can Monday morning QB me all I want or you can just not suck and not make this game about scratching names randomly off a list.
you're doing the exact same thing you did last time, Balki had just said he wasn't gonna end and you should have understood that meant it probably wasn't happening.

I simply don't believe you're that incapable of learning a lesson, therefore you can't be really the doctor.

KoalaAttack

#892 Post by KoalaAttack » Thu Jan 19, 2023 6:22 pm

BunnyGo wrote:
Thu Jan 19, 2023 6:16 pm

The people here mostly make their livings as lawyers, programmers, mathematicians, actuaries, etc.

In other words, as a very experienced people manager of engineers – highly skilled in logic, statistically on average; while also low EQ and not great at group dynamics psychology, statistically on average (spoken as one).

Hmmm.... :)

worcej

#893 Post by worcej » Thu Jan 19, 2023 6:22 pm

KoalaAttack wrote:
Thu Jan 19, 2023 6:20 pm
worcej wrote:
It's cool, I don't like you either. But I respect your opinion, to each their own as they say.

And I know which bucket I put you in (unless you are spectacularly role-playing it as Mafia, as we shall find out after the game ends).
To be very clear: I don't not like you.

I just don't like it that you asked for my opinion, I asked for clarity on what you wanted me to comment on, and you played victim because of it.

That's a bullshit move.

ghug
Bronze Donator
Bronze Donator

#894 Post by ghug » Thu Jan 19, 2023 6:23 pm

damo666 wrote:
Thu Jan 19, 2023 6:08 pm
KoalaAttack wrote:
Thu Jan 19, 2023 5:39 pm
Balki Bartokomous wrote:
Thu Jan 19, 2023 5:32 pm

It sure is, KoalaAttack.

I like this KoalaAttack person.

Alrighty – then my question becomes: to those who have played with worcej before, do they flip the lid & throw a tantrum everytime they are voted on?
Not every time but this ain't the first!
The tantrum is very in line with his past PR play specifically.

ghug
Bronze Donator
Bronze Donator

#895 Post by ghug » Thu Jan 19, 2023 6:24 pm

KoalaAttack wrote:
BunnyGo wrote:

Question for you:

We're the dumbest smart people you've ever met.

Balki Bartokomous
Gold Donator
Gold Donator

#896 Post by Balki Bartokomous » Thu Jan 19, 2023 6:25 pm

worcej wrote:
Thu Jan 19, 2023 6:22 pm

I just don't like it that you asked for my opinion, I asked for clarity on what you wanted me to comment on, and you played victim because of it.

That's a bullshit move.
You hear that, Jamiet and Foxcastle?

KoalaAttack

#897 Post by KoalaAttack » Thu Jan 19, 2023 6:25 pm

worcej wrote:
KoalaAttack wrote:
Thu Jan 19, 2023 6:20 pm
worcej wrote:

That's a bullshit move.
Not sure I agree with the assessment. The key bit the above omits is that I only did that after you gave me crap the previous time when I spent the effort to provide clarification. I don't like stepping on the same shovel twice – do you?

ghug
Bronze Donator
Bronze Donator

#898 Post by ghug » Thu Jan 19, 2023 6:27 pm

ghug wrote:
Thu Jan 19, 2023 6:24 pm
KoalaAttack wrote:
BunnyGo wrote:

Question for you:

We're the dumbest smart people you've ever met.
Perhaps the best way to summarize the emotional and logical capacity of this community is that, with few exceptions, it's a group of diehard Diplomacy players that aren't very good at Diplomacy.

worcej

#899 Post by worcej » Thu Jan 19, 2023 6:27 pm

Chaqa wrote:
worcej wrote:
Thu Jan 19, 2023 5:07 pm
bo_sox48 wrote:
Thu Jan 19, 2023 5:03 pm
You really should have waited. Balki saying he wasn’t hammering pretty much assured that I took down my end vote, and I imagine the others would have rolled the same way.

##unvote
We (this community) are notoriously lemmings when ends start happening. Damo and Chaqa were advocating for it and it drew your hammer into the mix.

You can Monday morning QB me all I want or you can just not suck and not make this game about scratching names randomly off a list.
you're doing the exact same thing you did last time, Balki had just said he wasn't gonna end and you should have understood that meant it probably wasn't happening.

I simply don't believe you're that incapable of learning a lesson, therefore you can't be really the doctor.
4 end votes was the line. You, and 3 others, helped cross it.

I am arguably incredibly consistent on claiming "earlier than what the community likes" and give zero fucks about your opinion on this because it's based on my opinion on how this community can react. I don't feel like I needed to learn anything from last game, which I had to do because I had a meeting scheduled at my job right at phase end and felt compelled to issue the claim because of it.

So, you don't believe me and quite frankly I don't care because I am the most confident that you're scum right now.

KoalaAttack

#900 Post by KoalaAttack » Thu Jan 19, 2023 6:28 pm

ghug wrote:
Thu Jan 19, 2023 6:27 pm

Perhaps the best way to summarize the emotional and logical capacity of this community is that, with few exceptions, it's a group of diehard Diplomacy players that aren't very good at Diplomacy.

Hah :-)