MAFIA 77: RETURN TO THE WEST [GAME THREAD] - [HIDDEN]

If you have a game you want to play on the forum, you can do so here.
Forum rules
This is an area for forum games. Please note that to support mafia games players cannot edit their own posts in this forum. Off Topic threads will be relocated or deleted. Issues taking place in forum games should be dealt with by respective game GMs and escalated to the moderators only if absolutely necessary.
Hamilton Brian
Bronze Donator
Bronze Donator

Re: MAFIA 77: RETURN TO THE WEST [GAME THREAD] - [HIDDEN]

#101 Post by Hamilton Brian » Mon Jan 16, 2023 5:10 pm

ghug wrote:
Mon Jan 16, 2023 4:50 pm

I can see a town motivation for not liking that nothing is happening 8 hours into the game, can't you?
Kind of; I think it'd be more egregious as mafia to be that "out" about things not happening. It's counter to the "mafia win by laying low" line-of-thinking.

Hamilton Brian
Bronze Donator
Bronze Donator

#102 Post by Hamilton Brian » Mon Jan 16, 2023 5:13 pm

Just to perk up some interest I am going to ##Vote Damo

They're flying a little too close to the sun. "kidding" in asking if Pyxxy would self-vote then the blanket vote on Rivera.

Obviously this will change as the day goes long but Damo, the beard covering that pronounced jawline doesn't fool me.

Balki Bartokomous
Gold Donator
Gold Donator

#103 Post by Balki Bartokomous » Mon Jan 16, 2023 6:14 pm

Hamilton Brian wrote:
Mon Jan 16, 2023 5:13 pm

They're flying a little too close to the sun. "kidding" in asking if Pyxxy would self-vote then the blanket vote on Rivera.

Obviously this will change as the day goes long but Damo, the beard covering that pronounced jawline doesn't fool me.
I'm not sure what you mean here. What do you mean Damo is "flying too close to the sun"? I'm just not sure what you're saying about what Damo did with respect to Pyxxy or Rivera. Would you spell it out more please?

bozotheclown

#104 Post by bozotheclown » Mon Jan 16, 2023 6:32 pm

Jamiet99uk wrote:
Mon Jan 16, 2023 4:14 pm
GM NOTE:

I have been asked to further clarify the role of the Civil War Veteran, and potential interaction with the Tough Guy:

1. The Civil War Veteran is not listed in the Order of Night Actions because their "power" is not an action and it does not have to be activated. Instead, it is effectively "always on" and causes the CWV to start blasting as soon as anybody visits. Assuming the first visit the CWV receives is at night, he will keep blasting all night and will shoot all visitors.

2. The Tough Guy is immune to the first gunshot he receives. This can confer immunity to the Civil War Veteran, assuming the Tough Guy's protection has not already been used up at the point of visiting the Civil War Veteran.

3. Finally, note that the Civil War Veteran's reflexive blasting is not a protective power. If someone attempts to kill him, and this causes the CWV to start blasting, both the CWV and their attacker would die.
There is a 1 in 4 chance there is a CWV and no tough guy, which would be a good combination for us.

I think an argument can be made for the CWV, if there is one, to claim before N1 is over to prevent accidental town kills, but that would also give up the chance for the CWV to take out a mafia. I think I would stay hidden as the CWV, in my opinion the problems a hidden CWV cause the mafia are worth the risk.

pyxxy
Gold Donator
Gold Donator

#105 Post by pyxxy » Mon Jan 16, 2023 6:35 pm

bo_sox48 wrote:
Mon Jan 16, 2023 7:07 am
worcej wrote:
Mon Jan 16, 2023 5:15 am
bo_sox48 wrote:
Mon Jan 16, 2023 4:32 am
steak
I want to know the cut and how you cooked it.
Ribeye, 2 minute sear on cast iron on high heat and flipped. Homemade compound butter, garlic, salt, black pepper. Finished for 2.5 minutes at 500 degrees in the oven. Topped with rosemary, basil, and a basic prime rib dash. Comes out rare internally (medium rare takes 4 minutes in the oven) and crusted like candy on the outside, but not dried out.

I always add a couple sunny side up eggs and a southwest style salad. Keto taught me that potatoes and steak are not as friendly of a combo as you think.
thank you sir
bo_sox48 wrote:
Mon Jan 16, 2023 7:27 am
I also like beans

Ghug is probably town
I too am willing to townread ghug for liking beans
Hamilton Brian wrote:
Mon Jan 16, 2023 1:22 pm
ghug wrote:
Mon Jan 16, 2023 5:18 am
worcej wrote:
Mon Jan 16, 2023 5:16 am
In my 20’s I would crush hydro’s up and put them in beer and just do nothing for hours.

I guess, to be semi-human, I hope your need for painkillers is not due to something incredibly significant.
There's a growing part of me that wants to try that shit and I need to finish them before that part of me wins.

Just got my wisdom teeth out, nothing too severe.
Man, percosets were my pleasure when I had mine out. Got all 4 done; wasn't yet 30 but close. One was stuck in sideways and NEEDED to go. Figured, why stop at one, especially when benefits would cover. But those percs...oh my. They were good.

Good quick healing to you!
dang I should have actually taken the oxy I was given when I got mine out :/ but the pain wasn't that bad

bozotheclown

#106 Post by bozotheclown » Mon Jan 16, 2023 6:37 pm

Chaqa wrote:
Mon Jan 16, 2023 1:36 pm
ghug seems to be trying to mislead the group by providing false information or distracting from the real issues at hand.
Chaqa is consistently trying to manipulate the group's decision-making process by sowing confusion and discord.

pyxxy
Gold Donator
Gold Donator

#107 Post by pyxxy » Mon Jan 16, 2023 6:39 pm

bozotheclown wrote:
Mon Jan 16, 2023 6:37 pm
Chaqa wrote:
Mon Jan 16, 2023 1:36 pm
ghug seems to be trying to mislead the group by providing false information or distracting from the real issues at hand.
Chaqa is consistently trying to manipulate the group's decision-making process by sowing confusion and discord.
but is that TAI for Chaqa? :thinkingface:

bozotheclown

#108 Post by bozotheclown » Mon Jan 16, 2023 6:42 pm

KoalaAttack wrote:
Mon Jan 16, 2023 9:44 am
bozotheclown wrote:
Mon Jan 16, 2023 8:16 am
KoalaAttack wrote:
Mon Jan 16, 2023 8:06 am
Hi everyone!
Have you followed any of the other mafia games on this site?
Nope, starting with a blank slate.
Did you have any trouble finding the game thread?

pyxxy
Gold Donator
Gold Donator

#109 Post by pyxxy » Mon Jan 16, 2023 6:42 pm

honestly this thread was a pleasure to catch up on

reasonable number of posts, above average number of mentions of steak

please let's always talk about food D1

ghug
Bronze Donator
Bronze Donator

#110 Post by ghug » Mon Jan 16, 2023 6:51 pm

pyxxy wrote:
Mon Jan 16, 2023 6:35 pm
bo_sox48 wrote:
Mon Jan 16, 2023 7:07 am
worcej wrote:
Mon Jan 16, 2023 5:15 am
I want to know the cut and how you cooked it.
Ribeye, 2 minute sear on cast iron on high heat and flipped. Homemade compound butter, garlic, salt, black pepper. Finished for 2.5 minutes at 500 degrees in the oven. Topped with rosemary, basil, and a basic prime rib dash. Comes out rare internally (medium rare takes 4 minutes in the oven) and crusted like candy on the outside, but not dried out.

I always add a couple sunny side up eggs and a southwest style salad. Keto taught me that potatoes and steak are not as friendly of a combo as you think.
thank you sir
bo_sox48 wrote:
Mon Jan 16, 2023 7:27 am
I also like beans

Ghug is probably town
I too am willing to townread ghug for liking beans
Hamilton Brian wrote:
Mon Jan 16, 2023 1:22 pm
ghug wrote:
Mon Jan 16, 2023 5:18 am

There's a growing part of me that wants to try that shit and I need to finish them before that part of me wins.

Just got my wisdom teeth out, nothing too severe.
Man, percosets were my pleasure when I had mine out. Got all 4 done; wasn't yet 30 but close. One was stuck in sideways and NEEDED to go. Figured, why stop at one, especially when benefits would cover. But those percs...oh my. They were good.

Good quick healing to you!
dang I should have actually taken the oxy I was given when I got mine out :/ but the pain wasn't that bad
My mother insisted on making me stay with the family for a day in exchange for the ride there and then forced me to take my drugs (and fed me), so I was spared that decision.

ghug
Bronze Donator
Bronze Donator

#111 Post by ghug » Mon Jan 16, 2023 6:51 pm

pyxxy wrote:
Mon Jan 16, 2023 6:42 pm
honestly this thread was a pleasure to catch up on

reasonable number of posts, above average number of mentions of steak

please let's always talk about food D1
What's your favorite bean?

bozotheclown

#112 Post by bozotheclown » Mon Jan 16, 2023 6:54 pm

Balki Bartokomous wrote:
Mon Jan 16, 2023 6:14 pm
Hamilton Brian wrote:

I'm not sure what you mean here. What do you mean Damo is "flying too close to the sun"? I'm just not sure what you're saying about what Damo did with respect to Pyxxy or Rivera. Would you spell it out more please?
Ikaras cu se ractu gi'e mitcre le mitselskicni be le mitselxaioni . ca le vofli gi'e le caxmati cu carvi gi'e ca le carvi cu cenba lo vlina gi'e lo djacu . le skicu cu se sutra se kansa le fadni be le zabna gi'e le nelci be le verba

ghug
Bronze Donator
Bronze Donator

#113 Post by ghug » Mon Jan 16, 2023 6:58 pm

bozotheclown wrote:
Mon Jan 16, 2023 6:54 pm
Balki Bartokomous wrote:
Mon Jan 16, 2023 6:14 pm
Hamilton Brian wrote:

Ikaras cu se ractu gi'e mitcre le mitselskicni be le mitselxaioni . ca le vofli gi'e le caxmati cu carvi gi'e ca le carvi cu cenba lo vlina gi'e lo djacu . le skicu cu se sutra se kansa le fadni be le zabna gi'e le nelci be le verba
Mi sopiras xorxon.

Balki Bartokomous
Gold Donator
Gold Donator

#114 Post by Balki Bartokomous » Mon Jan 16, 2023 7:06 pm

I am Civil War Veteran. I think the benefit of me claiming now outweighs the cost. I think I'm a reasonably to draw a visit from Town, and it's not worth the gamble.

If you think my choice to claim on Day 1 is dumb, let's talk about it in the AAR. It's done now.

ghug
Bronze Donator
Bronze Donator

#115 Post by ghug » Mon Jan 16, 2023 7:13 pm

Balki Bartokomous wrote:
Mon Jan 16, 2023 7:06 pm
I am Civil War Veteran. I think the benefit of me claiming now outweighs the cost. I think I'm a reasonably to draw a visit from Town, and it's not worth the gamble.

If you think my choice to claim on Day 1 is dumb, let's talk about it in the AAR. It's done now.
Balki you absolute moron how could you?

Balki Bartokomous
Gold Donator
Gold Donator

#116 Post by Balki Bartokomous » Mon Jan 16, 2023 7:25 pm

Let's talk about who seems likely to be Town and who seems likely to be a Wolf please.

ghug
Bronze Donator
Bronze Donator

#117 Post by ghug » Mon Jan 16, 2023 7:28 pm

Balki Bartokomous wrote:
Mon Jan 16, 2023 7:25 pm
Let's talk about who seems likely to be Town and who seems likely to be a Wolf please.
I think the players who showed up early and then haven't even come back to shitpost are slightly more likely to be scum, as the quiet status quo benefits mafia and useless discussion eventually begets useful discussion. Beyond that, you're really the only one who's done anything to indicate their alignment in my eyes.

ghug
Bronze Donator
Bronze Donator

#118 Post by ghug » Mon Jan 16, 2023 7:28 pm

ghug wrote:
Mon Jan 16, 2023 7:28 pm
Balki Bartokomous wrote:
I think the players who showed up early and then haven't even come back to shitpost are slightly more likely to be scum, as the quiet status quo benefits mafia and useless discussion eventually begets useful discussion. Beyond that, you're really the only one who's done anything to indicate their alignment in my eyes.
You're doing a lot of asking and not much telling, though. Any opinions of your own?

Balki Bartokomous
Gold Donator
Gold Donator

#119 Post by Balki Bartokomous » Mon Jan 16, 2023 7:32 pm

ghug wrote:
ghug wrote:
Balki Bartokomous wrote:
You're doing a lot of asking and not much telling, though. Any opinions of your own?
Not other than the BunnyGo comment I made. Most people are talking about South America travel, steak, and beans. That's my report.

Balki Bartokomous
Gold Donator
Gold Donator

#120 Post by Balki Bartokomous » Mon Jan 16, 2023 7:33 pm

ghug wrote:
Balki Bartokomous wrote:
You think I've done something to indicate my alignment? What's that?