M1023: Mafarmia [GAME THREAD] [HIDDEN]

If you have a game you want to play on the forum, you can do so here.
Forum rules
This is an area for forum games. Please note that to support mafia games players cannot edit their own posts in this forum. Off Topic threads will be relocated or deleted. Issues taking place in forum games should be dealt with by respective game GMs and escalated to the moderators only if absolutely necessary.
Message
Author
User avatar
Kakarroto
Posts: 3163
Joined: Wed Jul 24, 2019 8:01 pm
Location: Vienna (hold)
Contact:

Re: M1023: Mafarmia [GAME THREAD] [HIDDEN]

#1121 Post by Kakarroto » Wed Dec 21, 2022 3:21 pm

worcej wrote:
Wed Dec 21, 2022 12:00 am
I am growing to believe damo is for sure scum - his behavior is more passive than normal and it feels incredibly off from his town meta.

I also believe one of kak or bona is also scum. Primarily due to their insistence on the survey being bad and their lack of contribution regarding it. At a certain point, enough town did it so they should have too.

I pet bozo tonight. I hope he is a good farm animal and not a wild one.
so what about RD? Oh right, he flipped right after you posted that. Coincidence you didn't say a word about him? There were four people who didn't contribute to the survey, one was ejected D2, the second devoured by wolves N2; You not mentioning RD here looks like you knew he wouldn't be alive so it wouldn't matter for the picture you want to paint.

Also, 50% of the resistance group is proven town, there is a good reason why those town resisted. I know now that at least 75% of those are town, so resisting giving this information seems truly to be a good idea and mafia wants to get those anti-survey people out of the game.

Also your pet action doesn't work that way, you only get info if dog or not.

I wish I had a mafia scouter because I'm sure it would show something over 8000 towards you.

User avatar
Kakarroto
Posts: 3163
Joined: Wed Jul 24, 2019 8:01 pm
Location: Vienna (hold)
Contact:

Re: M1023: Mafarmia [GAME THREAD] [HIDDEN]

#1122 Post by Kakarroto » Wed Dec 21, 2022 3:22 pm

bozotheclown wrote:
Wed Dec 21, 2022 1:05 am
Chaqa wrote:
Wed Dec 21, 2022 12:44 am
First off, I petted rivera last night. Bummed he died.

But I want to give a brief glimpse into my thought process just now as I began posting, so you can understand just how my playstyle happens:

*checks PM* oooh Rivera isn't the sheepdog cool. Oh, he died. hmm... I'm gonna claim someone random is the sheepdog. That should be fun. Wait no that's dumb. Okay I'm gonna say 'I'll protect your secret, my furry friend'... wait no why am I like this, that's not gonna do anything good. Okay, I'll just say I would prefer not to say and maybe that will make mafia kill me... or maybe it'll make town kill me. Okay fine I'll be boring and tell the truth.

This all happens in about 15 seconds. Most of the time, my better thoughts don't win out and I go with one of the first stupid ideas I get. So, for those who wonder why I do the things I do, this is why.
Did you not believe rdrivera's VT claim?
that's actually a good point

User avatar
heartthrob24909
Posts: 512
Joined: Wed Dec 14, 2022 12:19 am
Contact:

Re: M1023: Mafarmia [GAME THREAD] [HIDDEN]

#1123 Post by heartthrob24909 » Wed Dec 21, 2022 3:31 pm

bozotheclown wrote:
Wed Dec 21, 2022 12:16 pm
With only one mis-kill left, I think it would be a good idea to have everyone go on record with their scum pool, up to 4:

bozo: Bonatogether, Chaqa, damo, Kakarroto
Chaqa: bo_sox, bozo, damo, worcej
1. Chaqa or damo but not both, because of this feud
2. worcej, because i have a foggier idea of where they stand compared to some others like bona which i'm more confident about being town
3. Even though I place trust in bozotheclown and his survey i could be swayed on him bc of how the celaph vote turned out, even though i voted for celaph too.
4. bo_sox strikes me as aggressive but not necessarily mafia, lol.
5. I think that leaves Kak and lfisch

i'm gonna brainstorm this Q to try and come up with a solid guess of 4 but that's where my head is at in general

User avatar
Kakarroto
Posts: 3163
Joined: Wed Jul 24, 2019 8:01 pm
Location: Vienna (hold)
Contact:

Re: M1023: Mafarmia [GAME THREAD] [HIDDEN]

#1124 Post by Kakarroto » Wed Dec 21, 2022 3:34 pm

bozotheclown wrote:
Wed Dec 21, 2022 2:07 am
N1 dog checks:

bozo: ghug
Chaqa: bozo
Bonatogether: no check
heartthrob: damo
lfischl: Kakarroto
Kakarroto: refuses to participate
bo_sox: rdrivera
celaph: no check
worcej: Chaqa
rdrivera: refuses to participate
damo: refuses to participate

N2 dog checks:

worcej: bozo
Bonatogether: no check
lfischl: worcej
Chaqa: rdrivera
bozo: worcej

My initial reaction D2 was that heartthrob and lfischl seemed likely to be town for responding quickly (Chaqa responded quickly also, but I was already suspecting him for other reasons). Also, bo_sox and worcej seemed likely to be town for defending the survey, because I doubt either would do that to try to pocket me when I had a good chance of being the DK. With celaph and rdrivera no longer in the game, Bonatogether, Kakarroto, and damo are the only remaining dissenters.

I still suspect Chaqa, so that leaves Bonatogether, Kakarroto, damo, and Chaqa as my scum pool.
damo didn't too? I guess my math is off then.

I still don't understand how your pool is just anti-surveys plus chaqa. Your survey still is very bad for town in this game and you don't seem to realize that. Why do you think RD was targeted? Surely not because he was a potential PR with his vanilla claim D1. It seems much more likely mafia is targeting anti-surveys to get rid of those opposing so they get more info about the dog. If my hunch is correct, maf worcej is also trying to smear those who didn't participate which couldn't be hit with the single shot they had. (I can't rule out that worcej is just stupidly wrong here though.)

I can understand that you don't see the dog survey as absolutely flawed and think the benefits outweigh the cost, but thinking the surviving resistance is mafia while all dead resistance was town is just a worldview that town bozo wouldn't have in my opinion. Well maybe I overestimated you, but you writing you don't think worcej would be trying to pocket you as mafia while you are doing mafia a favour is just ... just so ... I want to rip out my hair so stupidly stupid that is. And I think maf bo would be able to do so too, wouldn't cost him much if you turned out to be the day flip.

User avatar
Kakarroto
Posts: 3163
Joined: Wed Jul 24, 2019 8:01 pm
Location: Vienna (hold)
Contact:

Re: M1023: Mafarmia [GAME THREAD] [HIDDEN]

#1125 Post by Kakarroto » Wed Dec 21, 2022 3:35 pm

Chaqa wrote:
Wed Dec 21, 2022 2:16 am
bozotheclown wrote:
Wed Dec 21, 2022 1:05 am
Chaqa wrote:
Wed Dec 21, 2022 12:44 am
First off, I petted rivera last night. Bummed he died.

But I want to give a brief glimpse into my thought process just now as I began posting, so you can understand just how my playstyle happens:

*checks PM* oooh Rivera isn't the sheepdog cool. Oh, he died. hmm... I'm gonna claim someone random is the sheepdog. That should be fun. Wait no that's dumb. Okay I'm gonna say 'I'll protect your secret, my furry friend'... wait no why am I like this, that's not gonna do anything good. Okay, I'll just say I would prefer not to say and maybe that will make mafia kill me... or maybe it'll make town kill me. Okay fine I'll be boring and tell the truth.

This all happens in about 15 seconds. Most of the time, my better thoughts don't win out and I go with one of the first stupid ideas I get. So, for those who wonder why I do the things I do, this is why.
Did you not believe rdrivera's VT claim?
I always assume it's a joke at this point
... well, chaqa is chaqa. That could be either alignment

User avatar
heartthrob24909
Posts: 512
Joined: Wed Dec 14, 2022 12:19 am
Contact:

Re: M1023: Mafarmia [GAME THREAD] [HIDDEN]

#1126 Post by heartthrob24909 » Wed Dec 21, 2022 3:36 pm

##vote worcej
gonna wait for more of the chaqa vs damo to unfold before potentially picking a side here, and worcej is someone who i feel like i can distinguish their personality but has not struck me as loudly town like some others

User avatar
Kakarroto
Posts: 3163
Joined: Wed Jul 24, 2019 8:01 pm
Location: Vienna (hold)
Contact:

Re: M1023: Mafarmia [GAME THREAD] [HIDDEN]

#1127 Post by Kakarroto » Wed Dec 21, 2022 3:43 pm

bo_sox48 wrote:
Wed Dec 21, 2022 6:56 am
The scumteam killing rdr indicates they are PR hunting which bodes well for us imo, it means participation is not very likely to be punished by a nightkill. It also means that killing lurkers by day is a very valid strategy because our PRs should see that kill and feel like their best defense is to play hard, so they probably won’t be hiding that way anymore.
why would you think RD would be likely PR, and why would mafia think that?

I don't get your logic, why does a RD target mean that we should focus on lurkers? And any potential lurking PR should change their behaviour? Wouldn't that just point to them and make it easier for mafia to pick them up?

Correct me if I misunderstand you but that sounds awful (well except for more participation, but it seems like you want to goat PR's here).

User avatar
Kakarroto
Posts: 3163
Joined: Wed Jul 24, 2019 8:01 pm
Location: Vienna (hold)
Contact:

Re: M1023: Mafarmia [GAME THREAD] [HIDDEN]

#1128 Post by Kakarroto » Wed Dec 21, 2022 3:47 pm

damo666 wrote:
Wed Dec 21, 2022 11:47 am
I was not participating in the survey out of deference to the dissenters who may have seen a negative impact I fail to see. However two of them are now dead and I can't work out a downside. If there is one most of town are guilty of compliance anyway so I see no further reason to dissent.

N1 I pet worcej
N2 I pet Bozo
RD, bona and I had given reasons why it's bad for town. But it seems it is a good idea to partake that survey if you want to survive, I cannot blame you for that. Still, read mine or if you don't believe me read RD's points, why we think it's really bad.

User avatar
Kakarroto
Posts: 3163
Joined: Wed Jul 24, 2019 8:01 pm
Location: Vienna (hold)
Contact:

Re: M1023: Mafarmia [GAME THREAD] [HIDDEN]

#1129 Post by Kakarroto » Wed Dec 21, 2022 3:57 pm

heartthrob24909 wrote:
Wed Dec 21, 2022 3:14 pm
Bonatogether wrote:
Wed Dec 21, 2022 12:20 am
didn't pet anyone again
i petted Kak
yamete kudasai :smirk:

User avatar
Kakarroto
Posts: 3163
Joined: Wed Jul 24, 2019 8:01 pm
Location: Vienna (hold)
Contact:

Re: M1023: Mafarmia [GAME THREAD] [HIDDEN]

#1130 Post by Kakarroto » Wed Dec 21, 2022 4:21 pm

I've been looking at the surviving ones and thinking about it, the most mafia-ness comes currently from worcej. I'm not so sure about bozo, bo has scratched my radar too. I'm still not sure if that isn't just too easy of a mafia team.

I'm getting strange vibes from heartthrob but celaph was convinced they are town, so maybe I just take up some wrong stuff (or maybe I shouldn't trust too much in dead town reads).

Strangely enough, I see Chaqa and damo on the same level, they could be mafia, but right now I wouldn't be able to point it out.

Is bona actually my top candidate for town? I can't believe it, but after RD's death, yeah, seems so. Even with the same pattern of being the driving force for two town ejections, which if this continues is a sign for maf bona, but town bona was in the past also responsible for one or two miss-ejections.

I really should have a reread and a focussed look on lfischl. Currently they are in a fog area between heartthrob and bona, but I couldn't even vaguely say where.

User avatar
Bonatogether
Posts: 9343
Joined: Mon Mar 23, 2020 10:17 pm
Location: Canada
Contact:

Re: M1023: Mafarmia [GAME THREAD] [HIDDEN]

#1131 Post by Bonatogether » Wed Dec 21, 2022 6:32 pm

supposedly rereading, on page 33

in actuality watching south park clips my teacher is showing

User avatar
Chaqa
Bronze Donator
Bronze Donator
Posts: 13703
Joined: Fri Sep 29, 2017 7:33 pm
Location: Allentown, PA, USA
Contact:

Re: M1023: Mafarmia [GAME THREAD] [HIDDEN]

#1132 Post by Chaqa » Wed Dec 21, 2022 6:46 pm

worcej wrote:
Wed Dec 21, 2022 12:00 am
I am growing to believe damo is for sure scum - his behavior is more passive than normal and it feels incredibly off from his town meta.

I also believe one of kak or bona is also scum. Primarily due to their insistence on the survey being bad and their lack of contribution regarding it. At a certain point, enough town did it so they should have too.

I pet bozo tonight. I hope he is a good farm animal and not a wild one.
Is this a scumslip?

damo666
Posts: 17371
Joined: Sun Dec 31, 2017 1:04 am
Location: London
Contact:

Re: M1023: Mafarmia [GAME THREAD] [HIDDEN]

#1133 Post by damo666 » Wed Dec 21, 2022 7:14 pm

Chaqa wrote:
Wed Dec 21, 2022 6:46 pm
worcej wrote:
Wed Dec 21, 2022 12:00 am
I am growing to believe damo is for sure scum - his behavior is more passive than normal and it feels incredibly off from his town meta.

I also believe one of kak or bona is also scum. Primarily due to their insistence on the survey being bad and their lack of contribution regarding it. At a certain point, enough town did it so they should have too.

I pet bozo tonight. I hope he is a good farm animal and not a wild one.
Is this a scumslip?
How?

damo666
Posts: 17371
Joined: Sun Dec 31, 2017 1:04 am
Location: London
Contact:

Re: M1023: Mafarmia [GAME THREAD] [HIDDEN]

#1134 Post by damo666 » Wed Dec 21, 2022 7:21 pm

Chaqa wrote:
Wed Dec 21, 2022 12:52 pm
Kakarroto
lfischl

Bonatogether
heartthrob24909
bo_sox47
worcej
damo666
bozotheclown

This is roughly where I'm at
And this is where I am at [Scum to Town] with % chance of being scum

Chaqa 50
lfischl 50

Bona 40
Bozo 40

heart 37.5
worcej 37.5

Kak 30
Bo 19.5*


* spurious precision to force a total of 300

User avatar
Bonatogether
Posts: 9343
Joined: Mon Mar 23, 2020 10:17 pm
Location: Canada
Contact:

Re: M1023: Mafarmia [GAME THREAD] [HIDDEN]

#1135 Post by Bonatogether » Wed Dec 21, 2022 7:40 pm

maybe this has changed in the interim - but worcestershire has not made any real substantive contributions while making a lot of commentary posts

User avatar
Chaqa
Bronze Donator
Bronze Donator
Posts: 13703
Joined: Fri Sep 29, 2017 7:33 pm
Location: Allentown, PA, USA
Contact:

Re: M1023: Mafarmia [GAME THREAD] [HIDDEN]

#1136 Post by Chaqa » Wed Dec 21, 2022 8:01 pm

damo666 wrote:
Wed Dec 21, 2022 7:14 pm
Chaqa wrote:
Wed Dec 21, 2022 6:46 pm
worcej wrote:
Wed Dec 21, 2022 12:00 am
I am growing to believe damo is for sure scum - his behavior is more passive than normal and it feels incredibly off from his town meta.

I also believe one of kak or bona is also scum. Primarily due to their insistence on the survey being bad and their lack of contribution regarding it. At a certain point, enough town did it so they should have too.

I pet bozo tonight. I hope he is a good farm animal and not a wild one.
Is this a scumslip?
How?
Well, you wouldn't get a result from petting that tells you good vs. wild farm animal. I wonder if he's unaware of how the pet works.

damo666
Posts: 17371
Joined: Sun Dec 31, 2017 1:04 am
Location: London
Contact:

Re: M1023: Mafarmia [GAME THREAD] [HIDDEN]

#1137 Post by damo666 » Wed Dec 21, 2022 8:04 pm

Chaqa wrote:
Wed Dec 21, 2022 8:01 pm
damo666 wrote:
Wed Dec 21, 2022 7:14 pm
Chaqa wrote:
Wed Dec 21, 2022 6:46 pm


Is this a scumslip?
How?
Well, you wouldn't get a result from petting that tells you good vs. wild farm animal. I wonder if he's unaware of how the pet works.
True but nai. Best leave worcej be lol.

User avatar
worcej
Posts: 11716
Joined: Fri Jan 19, 2018 9:39 am
Location: Washington
Contact:

Re: M1023: Mafarmia [GAME THREAD] [HIDDEN]

#1138 Post by worcej » Wed Dec 21, 2022 9:43 pm

Kakarroto wrote:
Wed Dec 21, 2022 3:21 pm
worcej wrote:
Wed Dec 21, 2022 12:00 am
I am growing to believe damo is for sure scum - his behavior is more passive than normal and it feels incredibly off from his town meta.

I also believe one of kak or bona is also scum. Primarily due to their insistence on the survey being bad and their lack of contribution regarding it. At a certain point, enough town did it so they should have too.

I pet bozo tonight. I hope he is a good farm animal and not a wild one.
so what about RD? Oh right, he flipped right after you posted that. Coincidence you didn't say a word about him? There were four people who didn't contribute to the survey, one was ejected D2, the second devoured by wolves N2; You not mentioning RD here looks like you knew he wouldn't be alive so it wouldn't matter for the picture you want to paint.

Also, 50% of the resistance group is proven town, there is a good reason why those town resisted. I know now that at least 75% of those are town, so resisting giving this information seems truly to be a good idea and mafia wants to get those anti-survey people out of the game.

Also your pet action doesn't work that way, you only get info if dog or not.

I wish I had a mafia scouter because I'm sure it would show something over 8000 towards you.
You clearly don’t get sarcasm if you thought I was being serious about the pet…

Otherwise - I did post a question about rdr when someone, I believe Bo, made a comment about him not being remarkable because that was exactly it - he was unremarkable this game.

bo_sox48
Site Admin
Site Admin
Posts: 3901
Joined: Thu Jun 08, 2017 1:01 am
Contact:

Re: M1023: Mafarmia [GAME THREAD] [HIDDEN]

#1139 Post by bo_sox48 » Wed Dec 21, 2022 9:45 pm

Kakarroto wrote:
Wed Dec 21, 2022 3:43 pm
bo_sox48 wrote:
Wed Dec 21, 2022 6:56 am
The scumteam killing rdr indicates they are PR hunting which bodes well for us imo, it means participation is not very likely to be punished by a nightkill. It also means that killing lurkers by day is a very valid strategy because our PRs should see that kill and feel like their best defense is to play hard, so they probably won’t be hiding that way anymore.
why would you think RD would be likely PR, and why would mafia think that?

I don't get your logic, why does a RD target mean that we should focus on lurkers? And any potential lurking PR should change their behaviour? Wouldn't that just point to them and make it easier for mafia to pick them up?

Correct me if I misunderstand you but that sounds awful (well except for more participation, but it seems like you want to goat PR's here).
Well I petted rdr N1 so obviously I thought he might be a the dog lol.

PRs should be active and participate because the mafia is looking for PRs among people who are not actively participating, as the rdr kill in my opinion demonstrates, and you haven’t disputed that. And yes, lurking PRs should change their behavior, and we should kill lurkers because once the PRs wisely stray away from that path the remaining ones include a deep threat.

Why else do you suppose rdr was killed? Your killing anti-survey people makes zero sense, and I am still hoping you’re being sarcastic by supposing the mafia started off their quest to kill anti-survey folks, a goal that would take the entire game and has no stated gain for them, with the least talkative and most apathetic of the anti-survey post as opposed to any of the other ones.

So let’s think through some alternatives:
a) The mafia team is comprised of all the other anti-survey people that are being louder about it than rdrivera! But in that case they killed an ally.
b) The mafia team killed rdrivera because he had one of them pinned in an inescapable corner! But he didn’t have anyone pinned in a corner and wasn’t doing anything.
c) The mafia team killed rdrivera because he was the most dangerous player remaining to them in some hypothetical scenario down the road. What scenario could that be?
d) The mafia team killed rdrivera because they thought he was a PR. You didn’t explain why this doesn’t make sense.
e) (insert your answer here)

User avatar
worcej
Posts: 11716
Joined: Fri Jan 19, 2018 9:39 am
Location: Washington
Contact:

Re: M1023: Mafarmia [GAME THREAD] [HIDDEN]

#1140 Post by worcej » Wed Dec 21, 2022 9:46 pm

I still think resistance to the survey participation is stupid and any concerns it provides usable information to scum is foolish.

Post Reply

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: JECE, JustAGuyNamedWill, sweetandcool