M1023: Mafarmia [GAME THREAD] [HIDDEN]

If you have a game you want to play on the forum, you can do so here.
Forum rules
This is an area for forum games. Please note that to support mafia games players cannot edit their own posts in this forum. Off Topic threads will be relocated or deleted. Issues taking place in forum games should be dealt with by respective game GMs and escalated to the moderators only if absolutely necessary.
lfischl

Re: M1023: Mafarmia [GAME THREAD] [HIDDEN]

#741 Post by lfischl » Mon Dec 19, 2022 5:38 am

worcej wrote:
Mon Dec 19, 2022 5:30 am
lfischl wrote:
Mon Dec 19, 2022 4:26 am
worcej wrote:
Mon Dec 19, 2022 4:06 am
I'll just get on my soap box right now that I think bozo's survey could actually be value added down the road and those being obstinate to it are just stuck in their little singular box mindset that usually causes town to lose games.

Like, seriously, these votes on bozo are bad.

##vote Bona
Why do you think the survey is valuable?
It could be valuable and it isn't costing us anything of merit. Bona dismisses the fake pets inserted by scum to mean nothing, but they could very easily be their downfall if they fucked up their claims.

Several people are claiming it shows who we think could be a PR, but I fall in the camp of the fact scum don't give a fuck who the sheep think are a PR - they're going to go with their own information gathering attempts. Let's say we all ended up petting the same person - does that mean they will kill there for sure? Fuck no it doesn't.
That's fair

celaph

#742 Post by celaph » Mon Dec 19, 2022 8:54 am

Bonatogether wrote:
Sun Dec 18, 2022 11:39 pm
bozo givith cringe reasoning

are not the scum more likely to lie (with literally no blowback possibility) versus singling themselves out by refusing to answer
Bona's spot on here.

rdrivera2005
Gold Donator
Gold Donator

#743 Post by rdrivera2005 » Mon Dec 19, 2022 10:49 am

Kakarroto wrote:
Mon Dec 19, 2022 3:41 am
Earlier I asked people about ghug and why the mafia would target him. The answers so far were pretty decent (I'd disagree with the ones who would say 'all' or name me specifically who would've targeted him since I'd preferred someone else to ruthlessly remove them from the game but that is just a minor appendix), there is however one reason no one spoke out (well Chaqa did kinda though in reverse logic):

Nobody said ghug was targeted because of his vote. Not even a short mention with 'oh it might be silly but ...', it's like everyone forgot that as an option (besides with an asterisk Chaqa). There were some games where mafia did target someone who voted for them and since most don't know Chaqa's alignment I at least expected that reasoning to come up.

But all I got was 'ghug is a respected member of the community and dangerous for mafia'. I'm not sure what to think about it exactly, but something doesn't add up. I hope it's not because I'm crazy.
Nobody considered this possibility probably because we never saw a NK on N1 decided because of D1 voting.

rdrivera2005
Gold Donator
Gold Donator

#744 Post by rdrivera2005 » Mon Dec 19, 2022 10:56 am

bo_sox48 wrote:
Mon Dec 19, 2022 5:26 am
lfischl wrote:
worcej wrote:
I'll just get on my soap box right now that I think bozo's survey could actually be value added down the road and those being obstinate to it are just stuck in their little singular box mindset that usually causes town to lose games.

##vote Bona
Because you’re talking about it
Abd why this is good? We are spending most of the day discussing survey mechanics which fits perfectly scum agenda.

Bonatogether

#745 Post by Bonatogether » Mon Dec 19, 2022 11:38 am

worcej wrote:
Mon Dec 19, 2022 5:30 am
lfischl wrote:
worcej wrote:

##vote Bona
It could be valuable and it isn't costing us anything of merit. Bona dismisses the fake pets inserted by scum to mean nothing, but they could very easily be their downfall if they fucked up their claims.

Several people are claiming it shows who we think could be a PR, but I fall in the camp of the fact scum don't give a fuck who the sheep think are a PR - they're going to go with their own information gathering attempts. Let's say we all ended up petting the same person - does that mean they will kill there for sure? Fuck no it doesn't.
call me when we catch any scum with this

fuck yeah it means that everyone thought that this guy was pr lmao

Bonatogether

#746 Post by Bonatogether » Mon Dec 19, 2022 11:39 am

worcej wrote:
Mon Dec 19, 2022 5:37 am
Bonatogether wrote:
Mon Dec 19, 2022 4:17 am
worcej wrote:
Mon Dec 19, 2022 3:59 am
It's still better than nothing at an honest cost of nothing.
the cost is medium
the benefits are nil

i do not understand why this is a sticking point
And here is why we're different - it's actually this:

the cost is nil
the benefits are medium

Town should want to build upon information to develop potential connections and facts for future flips. Wanting to limit any information gathering is inherently scummy.
what information have we gained

riddle me this

Bonatogether

#747 Post by Bonatogether » Mon Dec 19, 2022 11:53 am

waking up early sucks

bo_sox48
Site Admin
Site Admin

#748 Post by bo_sox48 » Mon Dec 19, 2022 11:54 am

rdrivera2005 wrote:
Mon Dec 19, 2022 10:56 am
bo_sox48 wrote:
lfischl wrote:

Abd why this is good? We are spending most of the day discussing survey mechanics which fits perfectly scum agenda.
How so?

heartthrob24909

#749 Post by heartthrob24909 » Mon Dec 19, 2022 12:52 pm

##vote Kak
I'm leaning the way of the survey is a good thing in the interest of general info gain even if earlier I wasn't sure exactly how we'd use the info

bozotheclown

#750 Post by bozotheclown » Mon Dec 19, 2022 1:01 pm

rdrivera2005 wrote:
worcej wrote:
Mon Dec 19, 2022 1:52 am
Bonatogether wrote:
Mon Dec 19, 2022 1:47 am

it gives info on who they think is likely to be PR
And why are you putting so much value in this? To me, it’s a red herring and the value comes in that town can signal the dog while also forcing scum to put their neck out with fake claims for pets
Only an incredible stupid scum will fake a claim. They can claim a scan on Ghug. They can claim they didn't plwant to pet. They can claim they forget to pet. They can claim the real scum pet if they missed. They can claim a pet on another scum. And there probably many other options.

Meanwhile townies are giving info to scum about who they think are PRs.
And two people already also claimed the result, which if they are town and not tryng to confuse scum just make the pool smaller for scum.
If you are right about what the mafia would do, that seems like useful information.

Anyone claiming their result is not because of the survey.

bozotheclown

#751 Post by bozotheclown » Mon Dec 19, 2022 1:02 pm

rdrivera2005 wrote:
Mon Dec 19, 2022 10:49 am
Kakarroto wrote:
Earlier I asked people about ghug and why the mafia would target him. The answers so far were pretty decent (I'd disagree with the ones who would say 'all' or name me specifically who would've targeted him since I'd preferred someone else to ruthlessly remove them from the game but that is just a minor appendix), there is however one reason no one spoke out (well Chaqa did kinda though in reverse logic):

Nobody said ghug was targeted because of his vote. Not even a short mention with 'oh it might be silly but ...', it's like everyone forgot that as an option (besides with an asterisk Chaqa). There were some games where mafia did target someone who voted for them and since most don't know Chaqa's alignment I at least expected that reasoning to come up.

But all I got was 'ghug is a respected member of the community and dangerous for mafia'. I'm not sure what to think about it exactly, but something doesn't add up. I hope it's not because I'm crazy.
Nobody considered this possibility probably because we never saw a NK on N1 decided because of D1 voting.
It happens, as in M73, which you should be aware.

bozotheclown

#752 Post by bozotheclown » Mon Dec 19, 2022 1:04 pm

rdrivera2005 wrote:
Mon Dec 19, 2022 10:56 am
bo_sox48 wrote:
lfischl wrote:

You are free to discuss something else. If I flip today and you find out that I am town, who do you think are likely to be the 3 mafia? Or, if you are sure I am mafia, who do you think my teammates are?

bozotheclown

#753 Post by bozotheclown » Mon Dec 19, 2022 1:14 pm

Kakarroto wrote:
Sun Dec 18, 2022 3:50 am
bozotheclown wrote:
Sun Dec 18, 2022 1:05 am
I think we should put some pressure on the mafia and have everyone state who they dog-checked N1, obviously without giving the result.

I checked ghug N1.
I don't think we want this, really don't like this. Depending on our behaviour, mafia would have a much easier time to predict who's the dog and I think it's hard to not let that influence the scan your reads.

Like if you suspected someone before and now suddenly don't with that name reveal you've just helped mafia.

Also it's just a coincidence you scanned ghug who was the target of the mafia action, I presume? Naah, I don't like this, not one bit.
The part about finding my checking ghug suspicious is what I was talking about earlier. First, it contradicts the position that there is no value in the survey. Second, it looks like fishing for players to vote for me, setting up a move to my wagon if I get some town votes.

bozotheclown

#754 Post by bozotheclown » Mon Dec 19, 2022 1:31 pm

Kakarroto wrote:
Mon Dec 19, 2022 3:10 am
bozotheclown wrote:
Sun Dec 18, 2022 4:52 am
[...]
It is unlikely anyone will give away the identity of the dog by just stating who they checked, and the dog is not a very powerful enough PR to be that worried about protecting their identity. I think the dog check has the potential to be more valuable.
What the heck are you talking about, the sheepdog is the most powerful role we have, saving a townie, clearing a townie, clearing themselves and being able to participate in the next day vote. The later the dog survives the more powerful he becomes with his vote (after a successful save).

What else do we have? A one shot cop with a miller and a godfather? Your scan is weak, you can't guarantee it is useful, you have to be really careful who to scan.

The squirrel? Geh, just go home bozo.
bozotheclown wrote:
Sun Dec 18, 2022 10:18 pm
[...]

There are 3 mafia, they couldn't all say they checked ghug, and there is risk in accidently claiming a check on the dog without knowing they are the dog. There is little risk of revealing the identity of the dog to the mafia, since the dog can safely claim a fake check, and the dog power is not significant enough to be overly worried about giving away their identity.

Assuming the mafia did not check the dog, they had the choice of claiming a check on ghug, claiming a check on someone who may or not may not be the dog, claiming they did not check anyone, or refusing to answer. If they did check the dog, only one would want to give the real dog as their check.

So, the useful results are:
1. the reaction to the survey
2. the potential for the mafia to fake a check on the real dog without knowing the identity of the dog
If you would just think for a second who the mafia could name you would see how bad this take is. There is no chance the mafia would overlook that to use it but would be happy to stay silent since that is a major flaw in your argument. I'd love to slap the reason why into your face but RD said it might be wise to not do so, so I'll wait maybe I'm overlooking something why I shouldn't do that, can't think of everything.

And again, THE DOG IS OUR MOST POWERFUL PR, WE SHOULD GIVE OUR LIVES FOR HIM, again with this stupid pushing of that flawed reasoning. Even fake claiming dog is out of the question, since even if no one had pet that person, it takes just a night to confirm it WITHOUT OUTING THE DOG. So for the future DEAR DOG, DON'T BOTHER TO REACT TO A FAKECLAIM, WE CAN DEAL WITH THAT THE NEXT NIGHT WITHOUT YOU OUTING!!!

And yes, I give you the reaction to that survey is useful, but actual data mostly benefits mafia here and only the refusal or faking data for it is a good town play. But mafia has a very good way to avoid nominating the dog in their 'pets'. Even if they don't do that, the chance for them hitting the dog is low. Town bozo would've noticed all of that. Maf bozo would be happy no one ever would think about that.

##vote bozo
I did not say the dog was useless, but I do not agree that there is useful information for the mafia in the survey.

You make a reasonable counter argument, but for most of this post you seem to be addressing me like you think I am town who has not thought of the things you mention, but then in the end conclude I am mafia. It just seems to me that you know I am town and are just trying to set me up for a mis-kill.

bo_sox48
Site Admin
Site Admin

#755 Post by bo_sox48 » Mon Dec 19, 2022 1:35 pm

heartthrob24909 wrote:
Mon Dec 19, 2022 12:52 pm
##vote Kak
I'm leaning the way of the survey is a good thing in the interest of general info gain even if earlier I wasn't sure exactly how we'd use the info
Are you voting for Kaka or against bozo?

Chaqa
Bronze Donator
Bronze Donator

#756 Post by Chaqa » Mon Dec 19, 2022 1:43 pm

Kakarroto wrote:

+town points to Kak for this point out

Chaqa
Bronze Donator
Bronze Donator

#757 Post by Chaqa » Mon Dec 19, 2022 1:44 pm

worcej wrote:
Mon Dec 19, 2022 3:59 am
Bonatogether wrote:
Mon Dec 19, 2022 3:01 am
like if they wanna play it cool, name a scummate

otherwise, they got a 7/8 or 8/9 chance of naming a genuine non-doc player

like idk who yall think you're gonna catch with this dumb shit survey
It's still better than nothing at an honest cost of nothing.
Don't doubt bona. #inBonaWeTrust

Bonatogether

#758 Post by Bonatogether » Mon Dec 19, 2022 1:44 pm

heartthrob24909 wrote:
Mon Dec 19, 2022 12:52 pm
##vote Kak
nooo heart

terrible take

bozotheclown

#759 Post by bozotheclown » Mon Dec 19, 2022 1:45 pm

rdrivera2005 wrote:
Fri Dec 16, 2022 11:56 pm
So, almost missed EOD. Why Chaqa and why Bo?
If you were online for EOD, why did you never place a meaningful vote?

Chaqa
Bronze Donator
Bronze Donator

#760 Post by Chaqa » Mon Dec 19, 2022 1:45 pm

Bonatogether wrote:
Mon Dec 19, 2022 4:18 am
worcej wrote:
Mon Dec 19, 2022 4:04 am
Kakarroto wrote:

Respected is a stretch... He typically lives longer into games because of the fact he's confrontational and doesn't usually rally the town in effective ways (my thoughts when I've been scum against him)

Anyways, the vote: ghug voting for Chaqa doesn't really move my needle in any way. I'm far to used to him scumming Chaqa for little reason or just not liking Chaqa's method of play at a given time.
i'd say ghug is respected

agree
No one respects ghug more than ghug.

So I say he killed himself