M1023: Mafarmia [GAME THREAD] [HIDDEN]

If you have a game you want to play on the forum, you can do so here.
Forum rules
This is an area for forum games. Please note that to support mafia games players cannot edit their own posts in this forum. Off Topic threads will be relocated or deleted. Issues taking place in forum games should be dealt with by respective game GMs and escalated to the moderators only if absolutely necessary.
worcej

Re: M1023: Mafarmia [GAME THREAD] [HIDDEN]

#721 Post by worcej » Mon Dec 19, 2022 3:59 am

Bonatogether wrote:
Mon Dec 19, 2022 3:01 am
like if they wanna play it cool, name a scummate

otherwise, they got a 7/8 or 8/9 chance of naming a genuine non-doc player

like idk who yall think you're gonna catch with this dumb shit survey
It's still better than nothing at an honest cost of nothing.

worcej

#722 Post by worcej » Mon Dec 19, 2022 4:04 am

Kakarroto wrote:
Mon Dec 19, 2022 3:41 am
Earlier I asked people about ghug and why the mafia would target him. The answers so far were pretty decent (I'd disagree with the ones who would say 'all' or name me specifically who would've targeted him since I'd preferred someone else to ruthlessly remove them from the game but that is just a minor appendix), there is however one reason no one spoke out (well Chaqa did kinda though in reverse logic):

Nobody said ghug was targeted because of his vote. Not even a short mention with 'oh it might be silly but ...', it's like everyone forgot that as an option (besides with an asterisk Chaqa). There were some games where mafia did target someone who voted for them and since most don't know Chaqa's alignment I at least expected that reasoning to come up.

But all I got was 'ghug is a respected member of the community and dangerous for mafia'. I'm not sure what to think about it exactly, but something doesn't add up. I hope it's not because I'm crazy.
Respected is a stretch... He typically lives longer into games because of the fact he's confrontational and doesn't usually rally the town in effective ways (my thoughts when I've been scum against him)

Anyways, the vote: ghug voting for Chaqa doesn't really move my needle in any way. I'm far to used to him scumming Chaqa for little reason or just not liking Chaqa's method of play at a given time.

worcej

#723 Post by worcej » Mon Dec 19, 2022 4:06 am

I'll just get on my soap box right now that I think bozo's survey could actually be value added down the road and those being obstinate to it are just stuck in their little singular box mindset that usually causes town to lose games.

Like, seriously, these votes on bozo are bad.

##vote Bona

Bonatogether

#724 Post by Bonatogether » Mon Dec 19, 2022 4:16 am

Kakarroto wrote:
Earlier I asked people about ghug and why the mafia would target him. The answers so far were pretty decent (I'd disagree with the ones who would say 'all' or name me specifically who would've targeted him since I'd preferred someone else to ruthlessly remove them from the game but that is just a minor appendix), there is however one reason no one spoke out (well Chaqa did kinda though in reverse logic):

Nobody said ghug was targeted because of his vote. Not even a short mention with 'oh it might be silly but ...', it's like everyone forgot that as an option (besides with an asterisk Chaqa). There were some games where mafia did target someone who voted for them and since most don't know Chaqa's alignment I at least expected that reasoning to come up.

But all I got was 'ghug is a respected member of the community and dangerous for mafia'. I'm not sure what to think about it exactly, but something doesn't add up. I hope it's not because I'm crazy.
ghug target based on vote implicated chaqa - do you think that's what did it?

Bonatogether

#725 Post by Bonatogether » Mon Dec 19, 2022 4:17 am

worcej wrote:
Mon Dec 19, 2022 3:59 am
Bonatogether wrote:

the cost is medium
the benefits are nil

i do not understand why this is a sticking point

Bonatogether

#726 Post by Bonatogether » Mon Dec 19, 2022 4:18 am

worcej wrote:
Mon Dec 19, 2022 4:04 am
Kakarroto wrote:

Respected is a stretch... He typically lives longer into games because of the fact he's confrontational and doesn't usually rally the town in effective ways (my thoughts when I've been scum against him)

Anyways, the vote: ghug voting for Chaqa doesn't really move my needle in any way. I'm far to used to him scumming Chaqa for little reason or just not liking Chaqa's method of play at a given time.
i'd say ghug is respected

agree

Bonatogether

#727 Post by Bonatogether » Mon Dec 19, 2022 4:19 am

worcej wrote:
Mon Dec 19, 2022 4:06 am
I'll just get on my soap box right now that I think bozo's survey could actually be value added down the road and those being obstinate to it are just stuck in their little singular box mindset that usually causes town to lose games.

##vote Bona
i will persist in my little box mindset and laugh at you

lfischl

#728 Post by lfischl » Mon Dec 19, 2022 4:26 am

worcej wrote:

##vote Bona
Why do you think the survey is valuable?

bo_sox48
Site Admin
Site Admin

#729 Post by bo_sox48 » Mon Dec 19, 2022 4:49 am

bozotheclown wrote:
Mon Dec 19, 2022 12:44 am
Bonatogether wrote:
Sun Dec 18, 2022 11:39 pm
bozo givith cringe reasoning

are not the scum more likely to lie (with literally no blowback possibility) versus singling themselves out by refusing to answer
Maybe, or they could just claim they did not check anyone.
I kinda thought about that possibility as well, but I just thought that would be stupid. But maybe thinking something wouldn’t happen because it is the wrong play is dumb on my part.

President Eden

#730 Post by President Eden » Mon Dec 19, 2022 4:55 am

sleepy vpa

bozotheclown (4): Chaqa, rdrivera2005, Kakarroto, Bonatogether
lfischl (1): bo_sox48
Chaqa (1): damo666
Kakarroto (1): bozotheclown
Bonatogether (1): worcej

bozotheclown is set to be killed at the end of day 2 in approximately 19h05m (6pm Central Dec 19).

celaph, heartthrob, and lfischl need to vote.

bo_sox48
Site Admin
Site Admin

#731 Post by bo_sox48 » Mon Dec 19, 2022 4:57 am

It’s weird for me to feel like a bozo survey is actually serving a good purpose, and even weirder that so many want him daykilled for it. I usually hate his surveys but this one isn’t so mindless.

lfischl

#732 Post by lfischl » Mon Dec 19, 2022 4:58 am

bo_sox48 wrote:
Mon Dec 19, 2022 4:57 am
It’s weird for me to feel like a bozo survey is actually serving a good purpose, and even weirder that so many want him daykilled for it. I usually hate his surveys but this one isn’t so mindless.
Why do your think it is good? no scum player would ever fall for it

bo_sox48
Site Admin
Site Admin

#733 Post by bo_sox48 » Mon Dec 19, 2022 5:21 am

Kakarroto wrote:
Mon Dec 19, 2022 3:24 am
bo_sox48 wrote:
Sun Dec 18, 2022 6:29 am
Kakarroto wrote:
Sun Dec 18, 2022 12:00 am
desperately need to post more:
chaqa
bo

need to post more:
heartthrob
worcej
bozo

RD - I kinda want to put him into the 'need more', but with his thing posted (even when I think it was kinda bääääähd because of shortening the PR list) RD should be fine

damo - I'm bad at reading damo, feel a bit suspicous of him, but that was always town damo when I felt that way so probably here too?

lfischl - hmm, not a fan, not too bad though, posted enough I think but I can't get a good feel. nullish for me

bona - I'm leaning town for bona, though in his mafia game he found day after day people to shove/push for like here bunny. For D1, it looks enough town for me to be fine with it, but if that continues day after day with other people, be very prepared.

ghug - I miss from him the desire to hunt, I don't see that he wants to know who is a wolf. There is also a bit of defensiveness I don't like. Maybe it's just lazyness or something else, but it looks to me it's wolf-ghug. Maybe he's the wolf in sheepskin and wants to be scanned ... feels a bit that way at least.

celaph - his posting style is fine, but I didn't like that he supported my ghug vote with a page long paragraph stating about the same reasons as me then before EoN gets around goes off. That felt like a wolf distancing from another wolf, testing water if there would be anyone who wants to vote ghug. My wool stood up with that action. Feels very bad.
- Why are Chaqa and I in the same category when he has been here far more than I have? Is his participation that bad to you?
- What is “his thing” that rdr posted, and what did it accomplish to you to get him out of the needs more category?
- If you do not have a read on damo and lfischl, why do you not think they need to contribute more? Is your lack of a read on them your fault or theirs?
- Are you scared of Bona?
-) yes, at the time, all I read from chaqa's posts were 'placeholder' and yes, there weren't many posts (I think 3 at the time?). Which might be due to different circumstances, in case of chaqa contrary to ghug such a thing is NAI. Also chaqa's strength lies in direct communication with others so I also wanted him to gear up his engine
-) I think everybody should know already, but his '100% vannilla town/sheep/...' is something he only does as vanilla town (well maybe as miller too since he doesn't know if he were it). Until now, in every game he did that, he was indeed vanilla town, has a 100% truth rate. I doubt he would sacrifice that in this game, especially uncontested and on D1.
-) because it wouldn't be fair since I felt they did contribute, but in their case it is more a deficiency of me reading them. Especially damo I've read more than once wrong (in fact mafia used my wish to vote him out the thing to make me their winning day mis vote next day).
-) Bona is a fly guy. I'm afraid my sympathy for him makes me reading him too townsided and overlook any signs of him being mafia, but I hope I compensate for it.
I vehemently disagree with your second point but I don’t want to drag it into wifom territory so I’ll just leave it at that.

How do you suppose you could improve your read on damo and lfischl without them doing anything more, and why didn’t you just do whatever that is to begin with?

I don’t understand your last point. It’s written in English but that’s as much as I was able to decipher.

bo_sox48
Site Admin
Site Admin

#734 Post by bo_sox48 » Mon Dec 19, 2022 5:24 am

Kakarroto wrote:

What kind of mafia team have you played on that kills N1 based on a D1 vote?

bo_sox48
Site Admin
Site Admin

#735 Post by bo_sox48 » Mon Dec 19, 2022 5:26 am

Bonatogether wrote:
Mon Dec 19, 2022 4:18 am
i'd say ghug is respected
eh

bo_sox48
Site Admin
Site Admin

#736 Post by bo_sox48 » Mon Dec 19, 2022 5:26 am

lfischl wrote:
Mon Dec 19, 2022 4:26 am
worcej wrote:

##vote Bona
Because you’re talking about it

bo_sox48
Site Admin
Site Admin

#737 Post by bo_sox48 » Mon Dec 19, 2022 5:27 am

##VOTE kaka

worcej

#738 Post by worcej » Mon Dec 19, 2022 5:30 am

lfischl wrote:
Mon Dec 19, 2022 4:26 am
worcej wrote:

##vote Bona
It could be valuable and it isn't costing us anything of merit. Bona dismisses the fake pets inserted by scum to mean nothing, but they could very easily be their downfall if they fucked up their claims.

Several people are claiming it shows who we think could be a PR, but I fall in the camp of the fact scum don't give a fuck who the sheep think are a PR - they're going to go with their own information gathering attempts. Let's say we all ended up petting the same person - does that mean they will kill there for sure? Fuck no it doesn't.

worcej

#739 Post by worcej » Mon Dec 19, 2022 5:32 am

lfischl wrote:
Mon Dec 19, 2022 4:58 am
bo_sox48 wrote:
Mon Dec 19, 2022 4:57 am
Why do your think it is good? no scum player would ever fall for it
What do you think scum are going to fall for or do wrong about it?

worcej

#740 Post by worcej » Mon Dec 19, 2022 5:37 am

Bonatogether wrote:
Mon Dec 19, 2022 4:17 am
worcej wrote:
Mon Dec 19, 2022 3:59 am
Bonatogether wrote:

the cost is medium
the benefits are nil

i do not understand why this is a sticking point
And here is why we're different - it's actually this:

the cost is nil
the benefits are medium

Town should want to build upon information to develop potential connections and facts for future flips. Wanting to limit any information gathering is inherently scummy.