Au Revoir Mes Amis

General discussions that don't fit in other forums can go here.
Forum rules
Feel free to discuss any topics here. Please use the Politics sub-forum for political conversations. While most topics will be allowed please be sure to be respectful and follow our normal site rules at http://www.webdiplomacy.net/rules.php.
MajorMitchell
Location: Now Performing Comedic Artist Dusty Balzac Bush Philosopher from Flyblown Gully by the Sea

Au Revoir Mes Amis

#1 Post by MajorMitchell » Thu Dec 15, 2022 11:20 pm

I will be giving up on playing Diplomacy soon. It just has not given me what I need this year and cannot give me what I need spritually, emotionally or intellectually in 2023 or 2024 and new alternate activities can give me what I need, acting, film making and a return to performing live standup comedy.
I have not performed any standup comedy since a performance at Laugh Lab at Rhino Room in late May after my trip to petform standup comedy in Sydney in May.

I have telephoned Lifeline at least 100+ times this year.
The infernal criminal charge from March 2021 is close to being resolved, the prosecution's last 3 adjournment requests have been to get approval to withdraw the charge and lay me a portion of my $Aus 12k legal costs.
It's very political, related to my political activism outside Chinese Consulates in recent years in support of Human Rights and Democracy activists in Hong Kong.

Manchester Chinese Consulate thugs beating up a UK citizen typifies the struggle we are engaged in against a Dictator Xi Jinpeng who is in my opinion, more dangerous than Adolf Hitler & Mussolini were last century.

My beloved mother died in April this year aged 94, on the day after my 64th Birthday, I had been her primary carer for last 20 years, my father died in 1995.
When your last surviving parent dies it is the toughest test of you as an adult if you loved them dearly as I Ioved my mother, writing about this is tough emotionally, I am weeping at the moment as I compose this post.

No future birthday I have will ever be truly happy, all joys, successes in my life ahead will be bittersweet ~ sweet for the joy, professional success but sad because I cannot share them with her or my beloved deceased Cousin Andy who was like an older brother to me, I have no brothers.

For example, the short film "Formosus, the Mystic and the Witch" in which I had a few small extra roles and was a production assistant, released on youtube has just won an Audience and Jury vote prize at the 10th Andromeda Film Fedtival in Istanbul Turkey.
Wonderful news, my dissident beggar small role with grim Ram's Skull Staff i conceived and made the Producer told me has made me a minor film star in Istanbul [apparently I now have fans in Istanbul who made Goat's Skull Staffs and came with them to subsequent screenings of the film to show their appreciation of my role as a dissident beggar] and he is offering me a much bigger role in a new film project, a crime series in initial development, as a contributing writer, bigger acting role, more work as a production assistant~
However the person I would most like to share this wonderful news with died in April this year.. that's the sadness that taints the joy

So when I finish the two Diplomacy games I am currently playing that is the end of playing Diplomacy for me for at least two years and possibly longer.

My health has suffered significantly and I am determined to try and burn brightly in my new career for the time I have left in this mortal world.
Fuck dying in a hospital bed or bed in a Care Facility!
I will invest in more camera equipment next year, refit an 18ft dual axle caravan for film location work.
I plan to convert a HZ Holden one ton traytop ute to a 6 wheeler light truck capable of carrying 3 metric tons as a tow vehicle for the caravan and to use as a camera unit vehicle.
When I was a dashing whippersnapper many decades ago I was a keen motorcyclist and am currently looking at 2nd hand Ducatis, mainly the supersport model.
I may well purchase one, as I wrote, Fuck the Hospital beds, I will live for my acting, film making, comedy, enjoy cosmic madness on a Ducati at SPEED, burn as brightly as I can and would much prefer to die after doing a live comedy performance like Bob Saget, or during / after a day's film work or out on a highway pushing the envelope of speed on a Ducati.

Hopefully I will continue my political activism, entertain people, make them consider aspects of "the human experience", how we live, love and fight each other and then exit the stage of life in a way that suits my needs, desires and perhaps be remembered in our cultural zeitgiest.
Tempus fugit, au revoir mes amis, have a Merry Christmas, Happy New Year and whippersnappers, please do some things to make our world a slightly better place for others who suffer oppression, disadvantages as well as yourselves, otherwise life is without substantive meaning imho.

kestasjk
Developer
Developer

Re: Au Revoir Mes Amis

#2 Post by kestasjk » Fri Dec 16, 2022 7:41 am

Wish you all the best for real, sorry to hear about your mum but 94 is a good innings .. though I feel like your standup comedy routine might end up with you in a mental hospital or FBI watch list ;p take care

Octavious

#3 Post by Octavious » Fri Dec 16, 2022 10:48 am

Toodle pip, old chap. You'll be missed :-)
I eat cookies to improve my snacking experience

gimix
Site Moderator
Site Moderator

#4 Post by gimix » Fri Dec 16, 2022 3:18 pm

We will miss you, MM. Although I'm not sure you will really stay away from here for two years or longer :smirk:
And after all, do you want me to be the only 64-years old remaining on this site?

PRINCE WILLIAM

#5 Post by PRINCE WILLIAM » Fri Dec 16, 2022 4:39 pm

Good Luck with all your projects and plans, Major. I hope we'll see you again around here (after all you wrote au revoir, not adieu) or meet somewhere out there!

MajorMitchell
Location: Now Performing Comedic Artist Dusty Balzac Bush Philosopher from Flyblown Gully by the Sea

#6 Post by MajorMitchell » Sat Dec 17, 2022 2:13 am

Thank you for the kind messages. I daresay I will visit Webdiolomacy not to.play but to look.at Forum posts etc.
Kestas, I am undoubtedly on the watch list of the Chinese Intelligence services in Australia, they've been taking photos of me for a few years.
The criminal charge I have been defending for nearly two years does in my opinion have local political interests, there's a lot of relatively powerful business people here doing business with China and many local politicians who don't want to offend the Chinese Dictatorship. Cannot go into details publicly until the charge is officially withdrawn, my protagonists would love to exploit any mistakes I might make.

The FBI are far too busy watching all their domestic cases in USA.

Ogion

#7 Post by Ogion » Sat Dec 17, 2022 6:15 am

I've been away for quite some time, and just recently reemerged to read this. I wish you all the best in those endeavors. Losing your last parent is a tough row, but with time it becomes warmth and gold. Now, years past, the moments where I wish I could share something my mom just make me grateful for what she shared with me. Today we took her youngest granddaughter, whom she never met, to see the Nutcracker in the same theater where she once took me as a child.

It seems to me you go on to do the important work that must be done in the world, and I laud you for it. Konw that we here will miss you and respect what you're doing.

We'll always save a spot for you!

Jamiet99uk

#8 Post by Jamiet99uk » Sat Dec 17, 2022 4:49 pm

So long, MM, and thanks for all the fish.
There are decades where nothing happens, and there are weeks where decades happen. - Lenin.

Crazy Anglican

#9 Post by Crazy Anglican » Sat Dec 17, 2022 11:51 pm

Grab life by the boo boo man. I will miss your missives. I even stole Dusty Balzac for a character name in our D&D campaign (we can discuss royalties later). When the other gnome names himself Noam Chomsky, it was really the only reasonable choice on my part.

Seriously best of luck, seems lots of us lost our moms last year. 2022 sucked in that regard, Mom, 2 Sensei s, and another friend.

Wusti

#10 Post by Wusti » Sun Dec 18, 2022 12:19 am

Sorry to hear about your mental health issues MM - calling Lifeline 100+ times makes me sad for you. I lost my 100 year old grandmother this year as well, and as we get older the black dog finds it easier to worm his way into our hearts and minds.

I'm also really sorry now that I missed your Sydney gig, but maybe your renewed focus will let our paths cross at last.

You've always been a bit of an oddbod, but probably a decent bloke to have a brew or two with - so if you make it to Sydney sometime - ping me here.

All the best mate, and most often the beginning of the rise out of the depths is simply deciding to not stay there any more - looks like you 've made that call so onwards and upwards!
Octavious is an hypocritical, supercilious tit.

A_Tin_Can
Lifetime Site Contributor

#11 Post by A_Tin_Can » Mon Dec 19, 2022 3:57 am

Look after yourself, MM. Health (especially mental) is very important. Good on you for taking care!

MajorMitchell

#12 Post by MajorMitchell » Wed Dec 21, 2022 9:33 pm

Thanks for the kind comments. Have driven to Adelaide for important appearance in Adelaide Magistrates Court today linked to my political activism in support of Human Rights and Democracy activists in Hong Kong, elsewhete in PRC and in Myanmar.

You can, if interested, do a Farcebook search to find my "Dusty Balzac Bush Philosopher" page to read more, see photos.

MajorMitchell

#13 Post by MajorMitchell » Thu Dec 22, 2022 11:29 am

Hooray, the 21 month legal battle against that commit assault charge is ended. Charge withdrawn, prosecution will pay me ~$Aus3,300 towards my legal expenses. Have appt at dentist Sat 24th december to get remnant of a molar tooth in my lower right jaw extracted, it's had an infection around the root for about 10 days.
Still in Adelaide, it's ~10pm local time, had dinner at Diverse City Restaurant Nightclub & chatted with comedian Kym MacKenzie & accepted his invitation to participate in his 2023 Adelaide Fringe Festival show ~latte Feb-mid March
Will drive home to Flyblown Gully by the Sea tonight

Tomorrow afternoon I am hoping to drive to southern subs of Adelaide to look at a shiny Yellow 2005 Ducati Supersport with 800cc engine that is for sale.
One young Lady owner since new, ~30,000km use.

Given the stress for nearly 2 years of the commit assault charge I have had and the awful year this year, I predict that I will make a strong cash offer on the shiny Yellow Ducati and hope to purchase it as a christmas present for myself & after my time in this mortal world is done for my whippersnapper nephew Tom to inherit.

The city traffic is "gridlock chaos" compared to ParadisebLost Cove & the rural road to Flyblown Gully by the Sea, City CBD parking problematic & a good motorcycle is a wonderful solution.
Au revoir mes amis, dusty old MM

Octavious

#14 Post by Octavious » Thu Dec 22, 2022 1:29 pm

Huzzah! Just ice demanded and achieved! Clearly you weren't rebelling hard enough 😉.

Keep buggering on, sir!
I eat cookies to improve my snacking experience

MajorMitchell

#15 Post by MajorMitchell » Fri Dec 23, 2022 5:21 pm

Have aquired the shiny yellow 2005 Ducati Supersport 800cc engine motorcycle and riding it is a joyful, happy experience. It is magnificent, beautiful design, engineering and fabrication.
I am pleased it is the 800cc model, there are 1000cc models but I did not want one of those, they're a bit heavier, a little bit less weight makes the 800cc a little bit more nimble, one common complaint is they give riders strained wrists bevause of riding position, handle bar positions, but to that I say "it's a Ducati not a Step Through Scooter or light 125cc Motorcycle~ what did you expect?"
Nor is it a Honda Gold Wing or BMW 1200cc high comfortTouring motorcycle
It's heritage, design philosophy, design choices are linked Ducati's superbike racing motorcycles and they are made for discerning consumers.wanting a motorcycle that is in the "high performance" spectrum, can be ridden fast.

It has glorious acceleration and distinctive Ducati twin cylinder engine exhaust rumbles & thumping and barking bass serenades sounding it's approach and passing.