M76 - Dungeons and Dragons - Game Thread [HIDDEN]

If you have a game you want to play on the forum, you can do so here.
Forum rules
This is an area for forum games. Please note that to support mafia games players cannot edit their own posts in this forum. Off Topic threads will be relocated or deleted. Issues taking place in forum games should be dealt with by respective game GMs and escalated to the moderators only if absolutely necessary.
pyxxy
Gold Donator
Gold Donator

Re: M76 - Dungeons and Dragons - Game Thread [HIDDEN]

#2481 Post by pyxxy » Tue Sep 20, 2022 3:33 am

Catching up.

pyxxy
Gold Donator
Gold Donator

#2482 Post by pyxxy » Tue Sep 20, 2022 3:39 am

DemonRHK wrote:
Mon Sep 19, 2022 9:46 pm
##Vote DemonRHK

Just to speed things up
Scummy til the end, huh.

pyxxy
Gold Donator
Gold Donator

#2483 Post by pyxxy » Tue Sep 20, 2022 3:41 am

Chaqa wrote:
Mon Sep 19, 2022 9:49 pm
Day 3 final vote count:
Votes Day 3
------------
DemonRHK (6): Princess Neon, BesharamSabi, damo666, Bonatogether, bo_sox48, DemonRHK
BesharamSabi (1): wolfu
Bonatogether (1): bozotheclown

DemonRHK has died! He was the Barbarian (Vengeful)!

In his rage, he kills the oldest vote on him:

PRINCESS NEON has died! She was Coco the Kobold (VT)!

DAY HAS ENDED EARLY
Neon wasn't bluffing? What the hell?

pyxxy
Gold Donator
Gold Donator

#2484 Post by pyxxy » Tue Sep 20, 2022 3:45 am

Grime PR:

#1 - Rumi for exploiting the rules and getting modkilled
#2 - Neon for selfishly putting your own desire to leave the game before what's actually good for town
#3 - Demon for self-voting to hammer so bozo couldn't arrange the voting order in time

pyxxy
Gold Donator
Gold Donator

#2485 Post by pyxxy » Tue Sep 20, 2022 3:53 am

rdrivera2005 wrote:
Mon Sep 19, 2022 10:00 pm
I don't like the way Bo voted before letting Neon consider moving his vote. If Sabi is scum Bo is likely his partner.
Sabi's not scum. I've been townreading them since like D2. Wanting to die is competely on brand (I read down a few posts but I'm quoting you rdr so that you and I are on the same page and are talking to each other)
pyxxy wrote:
Sat Sep 17, 2022 12:03 am
wolfu wrote:
Thu Sep 15, 2022 11:45 pm
Bonatogether wrote:
Thu Sep 15, 2022 11:00 pm

sources, MLA format, are required for this assignment
sure

so the general feeling i get is i'm not sure i see sabi working toward anything in their posts

normally my expectation is they try to build a towncore etc and they do give a few townreads once but they don't do it a lot, they don't build on those reads

they have two scumreads: you and damo. and the reasoning for both feels pretty unfair?

[wolfu wall post continues after here, cut for space reasons]
BesharamSabi wrote:
Fri Sep 16, 2022 12:03 am
*wolfy pop in*

Nyquil didn't put me to sleep so I was doing stuff to prep for next weekend.

Yea I'm not being my usual self this game. The set up is weird and the atmosphere is uncomfortable for me. I am struggling to find other town people and people are just not playing like they usually do hence why my ability to make a town core is not here.

I dunno, I just feel a bit lost.

But yea I'm going to try to get better at this game.

But yea scum reads are fine on me. I need some sort of pressure to push me.
I agree with this sentiment. I actually kinda expected Neon and Sabi to towncore each other on D1. I got a lot of mutually trusting vibes from the two of them. And I don't think it would have been a bad thing. I think Sabi would be in a better place rn with a partner by their side, even if they were hypothetically being pocketed. I think Sabi just plays better that way.

In before someone says I'm saying that Sabi is immune to pocketing :eyeroll:

Kinda raises the question of "Would scum!Sabi experiment with acting this way?" I mean, it is a different Sabi than I've ever seen before. Pretty much everyone agrees on this point.

But I'm not convinced it's scummy. At least not actively. Sure if Sabi is alive on D5 and hasn't really solved anything then that would be sus, but rn I think it's fine. Someone needs to shout at Bona :razz:
My townread is based on Sabi repeatedly showing humility and admitting to being different. It's not 100% accurate, see: Bona has been super different and way more humble than he normally is, but he comes off as way more sus than Sabi.

Like maybe this is a meta-read too since I've known Sabi for a while now and I'm being tricked into thinking that I can read tone and mood etc etc tldr it's town!Sabi, it's just gotta be.

Honestly Neon and Sabi being friends makes a lot of sense and having a competition for who gets to die to vengeful in order to leave the game is just so incredibly on brand.

pyxxy
Gold Donator
Gold Donator

#2486 Post by pyxxy » Tue Sep 20, 2022 4:06 am

Pausing catch up for a thought, my problem is that I thought Neon was bluffing, so I disregarded her reads, the reason that convinced her that suicide-by-vengeful was acceptable.

That's a prior-games!Bona level of conviction. That kind of unshakability. So I'm not sure what to do with that.

A summary of Neon D3:
http://mafia.peterlund.se/e/web/msgs?us ... t=D3-&g=76

- votes Demon frame 1
- suggests "Demon/Damo/Sabi/???" scum team
- updates to "Demon/Damo/Sabi/Rumi" after that post
- weirdly suggests that she is CCing Demon?
Princess Neon wrote:
Mon Sep 19, 2022 1:20 am
damo666 wrote:
Mon Sep 19, 2022 1:16 am
Somebody please explain
I won the game with my amazing game play and fantastic CC
which makes no goddamn sense, if she's commuter then she 100% wouldn't suicide herself, right? That would be absurd. Which is why Bozo and I suspected her:
Princess Neon wrote:
Mon Sep 19, 2022 1:57 am
bozotheclown wrote:
Mon Sep 19, 2022 1:55 am
Princess Neon wrote:
Mon Sep 19, 2022 1:53 am
I'm dying to RHK

Than your going to kill Damo tomorrow

Than your going to hunt for last scum might not be Sabi but I think Rumis reaction to me saying everyone was lying and I know the scum team is self explanatory so kill me and scum RHK I'll flip town and your gonna sheep me

Win the fucking game and let's stop fucking around I wanna be done with this game after that bullshit
Can you please confirm your commuter claim?
No i'm not commuter lol i'm just good at the game.
- flips to wolfu being scum instead of sabi
- also suggests killing bozo (?????)
- this is the last important Neon post imo
Princess Neon wrote:
Mon Sep 19, 2022 2:32 am
bozotheclown wrote:
Mon Sep 19, 2022 2:27 am
Princess Neon wrote:
Mon Sep 19, 2022 2:24 am
There's a reason I don't trust the claim. There's a reason I do trust Rumi
There's a reason why I do not give a fuck about a CC.

Also. I think Wolfu is 3rd woof not Sabi. Got reasons for that now too.
I would like to know your reasons. Also, if BesharamSabi is not mafia, then Rumi Tobari was misleading us about the mafia team, which would indicate getting mod killed was at least in part a mafia ploy.
Maybe. But maybe not. Because of Rumi thought I blew up the whole mafia plan which she clearly did and she thought it was because of Demon the reaction makes sense with or without my solve being 100% accurate
tldr:

Neon died for her beliefs. I think Sabi has gotta be confirmed town because of how Neon died. If Neon had flipped scum, it would look so bad for Sabi because it would basically be bussing to beg to be the vengeful kill before we actually 100% knew demon was vengeful post-flip.

Neon ended on a scum team of rumi demon wolfu and ???, where ??? was most often damo.

Make of that what you will. I'm not sure what to do with it yet.

pyxxy
Gold Donator
Gold Donator

#2487 Post by pyxxy » Tue Sep 20, 2022 4:34 am

bozotheclown wrote:
Mon Sep 19, 2022 10:59 pm
With a high confidence in the identity of the Vengeful, there is no excuse not to use that to force a mafia into refusing to be the first vote or to reveal a town that was a possible mis-DK.

The next 2 DKs should be Bonatogether and damo, and if somehow one of them is town, BesharamSabi or bo_sox should be next.
Well, to be fair, bozo, you were the one who both first suggested demon was vengeful and you also had the highest confidence out of everyone, which paid town vibe dividends when you turned out to be right and is a big part of why I townread you.
bozotheclown wrote:
Sun Sep 18, 2022 10:18 pm
It is not impossible that RHK was given a fake scan by the fake inventor, but that would be a big coincidence, so I suspect he is scum going for a mis-kill. He might even be the vengeful, which would be bad for town.
This was after demon claimed commuter + a scan on you.

Like I agree with your reasoning:
bozotheclown wrote:
Sun Sep 18, 2022 10:42 pm
I suspect RHK is the Vengeful, it would explain his overly aggressive persona this game.
I'm just saying that you didn't lead with your reasoning. You led with "I'm getting framed, pls help". Give Sabi a break.

pyxxy
Gold Donator
Gold Donator

#2488 Post by pyxxy » Tue Sep 20, 2022 4:38 am

bozotheclown wrote:
Sun Sep 18, 2022 10:15 pm
A message to town:

Whatever you do, do not hammer me until everyone have posted, in case RHK is not the real commuter.
Scumslip? jkjk....unless 8-)

I'm just messing with you bozo gotta lighten the mood

pyxxy
Gold Donator
Gold Donator

#2489 Post by pyxxy » Tue Sep 20, 2022 4:42 am

Stealing a move from Eden's playbook:
damo666 wrote:
Mon Sep 19, 2022 11:16 pm
BesharamSabi wrote:
Mon Sep 19, 2022 11:08 pm
Damo and bozo can both die tomorrow.

I'm not voting outside of that.

Tinfoil is bozo is op mafia role hence why they wanted to bus him
Bozo is town [barring a ridiculous scum ploy]. I am town [you just have to take my word for it.

The voting pool should be between Bona and Bo.

I think we all know who the NK is gonna be so can we all pm the GM to request a night hammer.
The browner the word, the shittier the statement.

pyxxy
Gold Donator
Gold Donator

#2490 Post by pyxxy » Tue Sep 20, 2022 4:43 am

bo_sox48 wrote:
Mon Sep 19, 2022 11:35 pm
Lol you guys think I’m actually aware of any of the mechanical things going on, that’s cute
Oh hey, it's bo.

Presented without additional commentary :neutral:

pyxxy
Gold Donator
Gold Donator

#2491 Post by pyxxy » Tue Sep 20, 2022 4:52 am

wolfu wrote:
Tue Sep 20, 2022 12:16 am
i entirely get what you're saying about using the kill to the town's benefit

bear in mind when i say this: i have been working all day, i haven't logged in to read the game since when i posted last night (est). i have basically no context at all for what happened and am only piecing it together from how people are talking about it

i would agree there's a fair deal of scum motivation/benefit in hammering to end the day early but i'd have to reread to see how it happened
*puts on a Neon mask*

"only scum do AtE"

pyxxy
Gold Donator
Gold Donator

#2492 Post by pyxxy » Tue Sep 20, 2022 5:02 am

bozotheclown wrote:
Tue Sep 20, 2022 12:53 am
If we can assume BesharamSabi was not counting on Neon refusing to move her vote when she asked Neon to let her be first on RHK, BesharamSabi is probably not a good use of our DKs.

If we assume bo_sox would not have been allow to continue as mafia after missing D2 and/or that he has no interest in this game despite being a participant, he is probably not a good use of our DKs.

I am now inclined to think Bonatogether and wolfu are the best scum candidates, with damo next.
Good DKs and probable scum are similar but not identical things.

That's a wild thing to assume about bo and about how this game is being GM'd, especially after the conversation that I had with HR about how bo was a bad DK because he doesn't help solve the game.

Remember that now we know that Rumi literally ended D1 on Unvote and was not subbed or modkilled.

So I think it's a bit of a reach to assume that bo would be subbed out for the mere crime of openly not giving a shit about helping town win cough hack cough I mean not posting for an entire day not reading the setup and not reading the thread.

pyxxy
Gold Donator
Gold Donator

#2493 Post by pyxxy » Tue Sep 20, 2022 5:03 am

pyxxy wrote:
Tue Sep 20, 2022 5:02 am
bozotheclown wrote:
Tue Sep 20, 2022 12:53 am
If we can assume BesharamSabi was not counting on Neon refusing to move her vote when she asked Neon to let her be first on RHK, BesharamSabi is probably not a good use of our DKs.

If we assume bo_sox would not have been allow to continue as mafia after missing D2 and/or that he has no interest in this game despite being a participant, he is probably not a good use of our DKs.

I am now inclined to think Bonatogether and wolfu are the best scum candidates, with damo next.
Good DKs and probable scum are similar but not identical things.

That's a wild thing to assume about bo and about how this game is being GM'd, especially after the conversation that I had with HR about how bo was a bad DK because he doesn't help solve the game.

Remember that now we know that Rumi literally ended D1 on Unvote and was not subbed or modkilled.

So I think it's a bit of a reach to assume that bo would be subbed out for the mere crime of openly not giving a shit about helping town win cough hack cough I mean not posting for an entire day not reading the setup and not reading the thread.
Meant to write "Rumi as scum literally ended D1 on Unvote" because it's the scum part that's relevant re: bo's existence.

pyxxy
Gold Donator
Gold Donator

#2494 Post by pyxxy » Tue Sep 20, 2022 5:04 am

lmao I am going to just fill an entire page by myself

L + ratio + sad loser alert weeooo weeooo weeooo

pyxxy
Gold Donator
Gold Donator

#2495 Post by pyxxy » Tue Sep 20, 2022 5:49 am

One last post, I tell myself, so that I will go to sleep at a reasonable hour tonight.

People I will not vote tomorrow:
bozo, sabi, probably rdr too?

People I would vote tomorrow:
Bona, Ike, wolfu

People I want to vote tomorrow:
bo, damo, but damo >>> bo because of the whole "flip tells us things" idea

damo666

#2496 Post by damo666 » Tue Sep 20, 2022 9:05 am

rdrivera2005 wrote:
Mon Sep 19, 2022 11:41 pm
damo666 wrote:
Mon Sep 19, 2022 10:49 pm
bozotheclown wrote:
Mon Sep 19, 2022 10:46 pm

You had the chance to look more like town after trying to hammer me, but instead helped hammer RHK when it was not is town's interest to do so.
it was not in town's interest to kill an outed scum?
Not with an obvious town Neon being the first vote. I understand you not wanting to die, but not acknowledging is a bad move to hammer with Neon being first is weird.
Someone had to vote first and die. Given Neon's unhelpful attitude and wrongness I thought it may as well be her and stated as much .

damo666

#2497 Post by damo666 » Tue Sep 20, 2022 9:39 am

I think Bona was saved day 1 and the last remaining scum is Ike, Bo, Wolfu (that order).

I assume players left tomorrow will be Sabi, Bona, Bo, Wolfu, Ike,, Rdr, me.

With current attitudes I am the most likely DK Bo but that would be a mk.

So we then start day 5 as 3-2. I would hope you would then kill Bona and that he would flip scum.

Start day 6 2-1. Probably Bo , Wolfu and Ike. Prob town win about 33%.

Now if flip scum Bona day 4 we start day 5 as 4-1. Mk me then and as before we go into day 6 2-1. BUT by this stage you will have seen me off town worcej, off town Tom, on scum Demon and on scum Bona and you would hopefully reconsider.

This supposes Bona is scum but he's my best bet at the moment.

It would be a serious mistake to kill me tomorrow. Bona should be the target.

bozotheclown

#2498 Post by bozotheclown » Tue Sep 20, 2022 10:34 am

DemonRHK wrote:
Sat Sep 17, 2022 3:13 pm
wolfu wrote:
Sat Sep 17, 2022 12:17 am
scum are likely in here:
BesharamSabi
Tom Bombadil
bozotheclown
CrimsonFox
bo_sox48
Bruhhhhhhhhh
bozotheclown wrote:
Sat Sep 17, 2022 7:15 am
wolfu wrote:
Sat Sep 17, 2022 12:17 am
<Snipped wolfu's reads list>
I found this post very interesting because it is very close to my position early D2 (expect for myself being likely scum). If you are town, we have similar opinions, right or wrong. If you are mafia, I am likely way off track, depending on how much distancing you like to do with your mafia teammates.
DOUBLE BRUHHHHHHHH

wolfu I can almost see, but bozo REALLY???

Your D2 reads included a player who ISN'T IN THE FUCKING GAME??

-----
rdrivera2005 wrote:
Sat Sep 17, 2022 9:45 am
In a remote past, lurking Demon was scum Demon.

I confess I don't like Demon reasoning to scumread Damo (he is playing to relaxed because he won't be a wagon thanks to scummates). This is as bullshit as it can be. Usually the most relaxed players are VT and I don't remember Demon doing this kind of reasoning. On a re-read his reads are pretty forced all around and he can replace Bona in my suspects list.
Death, Taxes, and rdr scumreading me. What a fucking shock.

-----

Ok, my leading mission for today is to solve The Sentai Bloc.

Sabi is my strongest townread, and I'd go to the gallows myself on that one.

Neon's 'TIE ALL THE THINGS' comes across slightly revisionist, and I was seeing hints of a bozo save?

wolfu is scummy as ALLLLLL hell. Drafted on Neon at EoD 1 to take the heat. Encourages a CC D2 with a scum day vig very likely in the game. Proceeds to scumread players NO LONGER IN THE GAME.

(Related note, Ike and walku are most likely mutually exclusive scum)

Anyway, ##Vote wolfu
Demonc wrote:
Sat Sep 17, 2022 5:31 pm
BesharamSabi wrote:
Sat Sep 17, 2022 5:25 pm
DemonRHK wrote:
Sat Sep 17, 2022 5:15 pm
Wait, why are we even arguing about this?

You're using Neon to surrogate argue for wolfu.

What the actual fuck?
I'm not.

I'm literally saying that neon is town.

Does your arm hurt from reaching
Ok. Have your cake I guess?

wolfu is the most likely scum. Hence why I am voting him.

I said you were the most town of the three of you, in my eyes.

You are arguing the point that...you're more scummy than Neon?
DemonRHK wrote:
Sat Sep 17, 2022 6:36 pm
BesharamSabi wrote:
Sat Sep 17, 2022 6:35 pm
DemonRHK wrote:
Sat Sep 17, 2022 6:25 pm
If any one of you tells me that "Dayvig shooting a PR' is a towny point of view I will switch my vote to SwingTheSubs, and dip until D3, if I don't get DKd on NKd by that point.
It's pretty normal pov.

Mafia dayvig either target pr or town leaders

Who else would a dayvig target?
Cool

coolcoolcoolcool

##Vote RagingIke

I hope whichever one it is takes the rest of ya to KILO for the heartbreak
The part where RHK asks for validation to move his vote off of wolfu after scum reading him all D2, while wolfu was still only one vote away from being the top wagon, is consistent with RHK bussing wolfu.

bozotheclown

#2499 Post by bozotheclown » Tue Sep 20, 2022 10:44 am

Bonatogether wrote:
Fri Sep 16, 2022 7:21 pm
wolfu wrote:
Fri Sep 16, 2022 7:13 pm
Bonatogether wrote:
Fri Sep 16, 2022 7:08 pm
i don't understand why wolfu has received almost zero flak today
Bonatogether wrote:
Fri Sep 16, 2022 7:08 pm
nobody seems to be thinking about them in any capacity
in fairness i'm not sure i understand it either

would you like to give me flak?
im coming up with a wallpost
Bonatogether was also voting for wolfu most of D2, and this sequence seems odd. Bonatogether followed with a long post talking about how wolfu seemed to know damo's alignment.

bozotheclown

#2500 Post by bozotheclown » Tue Sep 20, 2022 10:49 am

Hellenic Riot wrote:
Thu Sep 15, 2022 3:15 pm
wolfu wrote:
Thu Sep 15, 2022 3:04 pm
Hellenic Riot wrote:
Thu Sep 15, 2022 2:32 pm
Not really, I've never played forum mafia with him, only live mafia, and aside from the couple months in early first lockdown when a lot of us started playing on EM again for the first time in years before it happily shut down forever, I don't think we'd even played live mafia together for a good 5-6 years. I still find it dubious that he had reads on basically everybody that were more than total gut feel (and thus he would be able to back them up as claimed if pressed on) that early in the game. And I find his vote flip from worcej to rivera that late in the day just as bad as I did before.
basically fine and understandable but as you know me you should know it's more or less expected for me to tryhard in a game

as for the flip, was as simple as: i vote a weaker townlean who was a wagon at deadline over other options, brain votes rdrivera, who i do not have a townread on, so i swap to him

i recognize that it's entirely possible i screwed that up pretty bad if one of bozo/bona is scum but if that is the case, i accept the consequences of my actions
I also tryhard, but in strategy game parlance I play Tall and focus on getting strong reads on a group of people and then let the nobodies fall into place later than trying to play Wide and read on everybody in the game, though I'll usually have a few gut thoughts by the end of the first night (which usually has 24 additional hours of content to peruse).

I can tolerate that explanation for why you didn't vote Bozo or Bona. I struggle a lot to tolerate it as an explanation for voting worcej but then changing to rivera a bit closer to the deadline.
This post is HR suspecting wolfu early, although he was not actively scum reading wolfu when he was NKed N2.