M76 - Dungeons and Dragons - Game Thread [HIDDEN]

If you have a game you want to play on the forum, you can do so here.
Forum rules
This is an area for forum games. Please note that to support mafia games players cannot edit their own posts in this forum. Off Topic threads will be relocated or deleted. Issues taking place in forum games should be dealt with by respective game GMs and escalated to the moderators only if absolutely necessary.
wolfu

Re: M76 - Dungeons and Dragons - Game Thread [HIDDEN]

#1721 Post by wolfu » Sat Sep 17, 2022 5:50 pm

bozotheclown wrote:
Sat Sep 17, 2022 5:43 pm
I am not sure what to make of wolfu and myself having similar reads and both being wagons.
i mean i kind of thought you were trying to buddy up to me for a while so shrug

wolfu

#1722 Post by wolfu » Sat Sep 17, 2022 5:50 pm

sabi made a somewhat towny post but i don't want to elaborate

Rumi Tobari

#1723 Post by Rumi Tobari » Sat Sep 17, 2022 5:50 pm

RagingIke297 wrote:
Sat Sep 17, 2022 4:32 pm
Obviously people could lie, but I would be interested to see the data on how many and which living players everyone can name in five minutes without looking at the bot or posts. When I made my quick reads list I could list 13 of 14 without looking
You, Sabi, Neon, RHK, darg, chaqa, I think bo and rdr are here? Bona, bozo.

I uh... barely remember half the players are here and kept referencing Neon's read list when I did mine earlier to make sure I wasn't forgetting people.

... give me a moment to run though a quick memory exercise.
Neon, Eden, Bona, Sabi, rdr, jamie, bo, RHK... I can't actually remember half the players from M75 offhand either.

(note: these memory exercises might be a function of having just woken up)

DemonRHK
Bronze Donator
Bronze Donator

#1724 Post by DemonRHK » Sat Sep 17, 2022 5:54 pm

Like, am I off base on what Sabi is trying to do here? Becuase it seems like blind defense.

I haven't been this frustrated since that really cocky guy brain brought in back in the 40s or 50s.

pyxxy
Gold Donator
Gold Donator

#1725 Post by pyxxy » Sat Sep 17, 2022 5:54 pm

Caught up on the thread in this cab to my hotel. Mobile so no quotes.

No voting is weird. Bozo is trying. wolfu case and vote feel opportunistic. Staying on bo would be vanity of me. Sad that HR has not returned.

Voting Tom feels wrong. I don’t buy this wolfu case. Back to bozo i guess.

##VOTE bozo

bozotheclown

#1726 Post by bozotheclown » Sat Sep 17, 2022 5:55 pm

wolfu wrote:
Sat Sep 17, 2022 5:50 pm
bozotheclown wrote:
I am not sure what to make of wolfu and myself having similar reads and both being wagons.
Is that your primary reason for suspecting that I am mafia?

wolfu

#1727 Post by wolfu » Sat Sep 17, 2022 5:55 pm

Princess Neon wrote:
Sat Sep 17, 2022 7:50 am
damo666 wrote:
Sat Sep 17, 2022 7:28 am
I doubt Neon would gain traction so I kind of down to rdr, Ike and Sabi.
So your choices are

1. RDR which like okay but there are better choices on the table right now RDR isn't the most vocal potential that

2. Ike the lowest of low hanging fruit a wasted DK and someone who probably just gets modkilled or replaced again.

3. Sabi who like once again okay but I still think we should givethem time as they are showing glimpses of their town game now.

Of these I'm kinda only willing to entertain RDR and like barely.
how long are you willing to let a slot go with posting literally no content at all? because eventually you're gonna get a point where it's like, ah crap, we still haven't gotten anything from the crimsonfox slot, what do we do

Rumi Tobari

#1728 Post by Rumi Tobari » Sat Sep 17, 2022 5:55 pm

Bonatogether wrote:
Sat Sep 17, 2022 5:48 pm
Rumi Tobari wrote:
Sat Sep 17, 2022 5:42 pm
Bonatogether wrote:
Sat Sep 17, 2022 5:38 pm

don't you know him out-of-game?
Yeah. That's why I'm confused. I'm also used to voice or text chat.
so is he normally like this? you'd be best suited to answer
No. But I kind of was assuming it was thing where people act differently ina forum context vs a voice text context. You know? Someone can have a perfectly intellectual discussion in text chat (while calling you a sociopath, this is a thing I'm used to and eyeroll at at this point), then jump onto reddit and turn into the average 4chan poster?

I figured it was like that. Change of style because change of medium.

On the subject of the thing above:
Demon has done several kind of insincere things (which he should know that i borderline interpret as personal attacks) that I think he should have known better about (which I've been reluctant to really push on because of a concern on taking it personally), two in the context of him knowing me as a person.

tl;dr I'm used to him being reasonably intellectual (remember: he did just run a game reasonably well), but the change in format to forum might mean he's got the average IQ of a 4chan user.

bozotheclown

#1729 Post by bozotheclown » Sat Sep 17, 2022 5:57 pm

pyxxy wrote:
Sat Sep 17, 2022 5:54 pm
Caught up on the thread in this cab to my hotel. Mobile so no quotes.

No voting is weird. Bozo is trying. wolfu case and vote feel opportunistic. Staying on bo would be vanity of me. Sad that HR has not returned.

Voting Tom feels wrong. I don’t buy this wolfu case. Back to bozo i guess.

##VOTE bozo
What is wrong with voting for Tom? Specifically, what about his D2 makes you think he would be a bad vote for today?

wolfu

#1730 Post by wolfu » Sat Sep 17, 2022 5:57 pm

bozotheclown wrote:
Sat Sep 17, 2022 5:55 pm
wolfu wrote:
bozotheclown wrote:
nnnno, i was following on the notion that your survey seemed like a time waster and had done very little else beside that, your reads have felt a bit flat, generic, easy, i haven't gotten the feel of a towny thought process behin them

even your intial read on me was just that i'm town because...i'm trying? like really? do mafia have a tendenc to simply not try here because if not that seems pretty silly to townread me for it

wolfu

#1731 Post by wolfu » Sat Sep 17, 2022 5:58 pm

Rumi Tobari wrote:
Bonatogether wrote:
Sat Sep 17, 2022 5:48 pm
Rumi Tobari wrote:
Sat Sep 17, 2022 5:42 pm

Yeah. That's why I'm confused. I'm also used to voice or text chat.
so is he normally like this? you'd be best suited to answer
No. But I kind of was assuming it was thing where people act differently ina forum context vs a voice text context. You know? Someone can have a perfectly intellectual discussion in text chat (while calling you a sociopath, this is a thing I'm used to and eyeroll at at this point), then jump onto reddit and turn into the average 4chan poster?

I figured it was like that. Change of style because change of medium.

On the subject of the thing above:
Demon has done several kind of insincere things (which he should know that i borderline interpret as personal attacks) that I think he should have known better about (which I've been reluctant to really push on because of a concern on taking it personally), two in the context of him knowing me as a person.

tl;dr I'm used to him being reasonably intellectual (remember: he did just run a game reasonably well), but the change in format to forum might mean he's got the average IQ of a 4chan user.
forum mafia turns people into animals

Rumi Tobari

#1732 Post by Rumi Tobari » Sat Sep 17, 2022 5:59 pm

BesharamSabi wrote:
Sat Sep 17, 2022 5:45 pm
What is everyone's thots on demon
You have my thoughts, and more can be found throughout throughout the thread. What about your thoughts?
rdrivera2005 wrote:
Sat Sep 17, 2022 9:45 am
In a remote past, lurking Demon was scum Demon.

I confess I don't like Demon reasoning to scumread Damo (he is playing to relaxed because he won't be a wagon thanks to scummates). This is as bullshit as it can be. Usually the most relaxed players are VT and I don't remember Demon doing this kind of reasoning. On a re-read his reads are pretty forced all around and he can replace Bona in my suspects list.
Like, until rdr said all this, I was just thinking that Demon's behavior is normal for mafia, but when I asked for more information about Demon in a mafia context, I don't really feel like I got an answer.

Does anyone else have an answer for this, aside from "career GM"?

Rumi Tobari

#1733 Post by Rumi Tobari » Sat Sep 17, 2022 6:00 pm

wolfu wrote:
Sat Sep 17, 2022 5:58 pm
forum mafia turns people into animals
Oh. I guess that explains it. NAI I guess?

BesharamSabi

#1734 Post by BesharamSabi » Sat Sep 17, 2022 6:00 pm

Rumi Tobari wrote:
Sat Sep 17, 2022 5:59 pm
BesharamSabi wrote:
You have my thoughts, and more can be found throughout throughout the thread. What about your thoughts?
rdrivera2005 wrote:

I confess I don't like Demon reasoning to scumread Damo (he is playing to relaxed because he won't be a wagon thanks to scummates). This is as bullshit as it can be. Usually the most relaxed players are VT and I don't remember Demon doing this kind of reasoning. On a re-read his reads are pretty forced all around and he can replace Bona in my suspects list.
Like, until rdr said all this, I was just thinking that Demon's behavior is normal for mafia, but when I asked for more information about Demon in a mafia context, I don't really feel like I got an answer.

I just don't know what he is trying to do

bozotheclown

#1735 Post by bozotheclown » Sat Sep 17, 2022 6:03 pm

wolfu wrote:
Sat Sep 17, 2022 5:57 pm
bozotheclown wrote:
wolfu wrote:

nnnno, i was following on the notion that your survey seemed like a time waster and had done very little else beside that, your reads have felt a bit flat, generic, easy, i haven't gotten the feel of a towny thought process behin them

even your intial read on me was just that i'm town because...i'm trying? like really? do mafia have a tendenc to simply not try here because if not that seems pretty silly to townread me for it
It depends on the game, usually there are some mafia in the low participants. I think making the kind of effort you have made is difficult to do for most players as mafia, but since you are an experienced mafia player, I realize that it is possible. However, your reason for not voting for me D1 makes me think you are probably town, but that is unique to my perspective, since you and I are the only ones who know that we are not both mafia.

Rumi Tobari

#1736 Post by Rumi Tobari » Sat Sep 17, 2022 6:08 pm

bozotheclown wrote:
Sat Sep 17, 2022 6:03 pm
wolfu wrote:
Sat Sep 17, 2022 5:57 pm
bozotheclown wrote:

It depends on the game, usually there are some mafia in the low participants. I think making the kind of effort you have made is difficult to do for most players as mafia, but since you are an experienced mafia player, I realize that it is possible. However, your reason for not voting for me D1 makes me think you are probably town, but that is unique to my perspective, since you and I are the only ones who know that we are not both mafia.
Uhh... "since you and I are the only ones who know that we are not both mafia."? How do you know he's not? can you rephrase that in a way that makes me mentally stumble over interpretation less, or explain what that means.

DemonRHK
Bronze Donator
Bronze Donator

#1737 Post by DemonRHK » Sat Sep 17, 2022 6:08 pm

BesharamSabi wrote:
Sat Sep 17, 2022 6:00 pm
Rumi Tobari wrote:
Sat Sep 17, 2022 5:59 pm
BesharamSabi wrote:
rdrivera2005 wrote:

I just don't know what he is trying to do
What I am trying to do?!

I'm trying to scumhunt and make points, and your rebuttal to my vote is a strawman and 'nuh-uh we have the powa of frwendship'!

wolfu

#1738 Post by wolfu » Sat Sep 17, 2022 6:08 pm

DemonRHK wrote:
Sat Sep 17, 2022 1:49 pm
In the mid 70s, Re:damo's scumread of the sentai block

I just had a realization that I am very likely wrong and that it's wolf who is the wolf.

It's oine of the two.
what the hell is "the sentai block" supposed to mean?

Rumi Tobari

#1739 Post by Rumi Tobari » Sat Sep 17, 2022 6:11 pm

wolfu wrote:
Sat Sep 17, 2022 6:08 pm
DemonRHK wrote:
Sat Sep 17, 2022 1:49 pm
In the mid 70s, Re:damo's scumread of the sentai block

I just had a realization that I am very likely wrong and that it's wolf who is the wolf.

It's oine of the two.
what the hell is "the sentai block" supposed to mean?
I think its his slang term for you, Neon, and Sabi

bozotheclown

#1740 Post by bozotheclown » Sat Sep 17, 2022 6:11 pm

I am starting to think pyxxy may have been fake town telling D1, he seems to be going along with the general consensus, and his return to my wagon could have been a response to me voting for Tom.