M76 - Dungeons and Dragons - Game Thread [HIDDEN]

If you have a game you want to play on the forum, you can do so here.
Forum rules
This is an area for forum games. Please note that to support mafia games players cannot edit their own posts in this forum. Off Topic threads will be relocated or deleted. Issues taking place in forum games should be dealt with by respective game GMs and escalated to the moderators only if absolutely necessary.
damo666

Re: M76 - Dungeons and Dragons - Game Thread [HIDDEN]

#481 Post by damo666 » Wed Sep 14, 2022 3:24 pm

wolfu wrote:
Wed Sep 14, 2022 2:31 pm
damo666 wrote:
Wed Sep 14, 2022 11:23 am
Caught up. Didn't understand about half the posts as I don't get the game references but no matter.

Why was brain being Gollum?

I like Bozo's survey. My vote will be confined to non participants unless there is a 100% response.

I will give my response in next post.
not sure if this will get answered but what exactly do you like about it and why would you vote for a non participant?
I think in time it will be a very useful tool.

To encourage participation. I have a theory about how and when mafia would reply, not gonna disclose though.

Tom Bombadil
Gold Donator
Gold Donator

#482 Post by Tom Bombadil » Wed Sep 14, 2022 3:25 pm

Demon,

You just wrote a paragraph on bozo and Sabi with exactly zero consclusions…

Do you have a read there or just writing to write?

DemonRHK
Bronze Donator
Bronze Donator

#483 Post by DemonRHK » Wed Sep 14, 2022 3:28 pm

Tom Bombadil wrote:
Wed Sep 14, 2022 3:25 pm
Demon,

Bozo is doing bozo shit and sabi and neon are tag teaming him with the power of friendship.

It's a net NAI but I am lowkey scumreading one of neon and sabi, but I don't think they're both scum.

damo666

#484 Post by damo666 » Wed Sep 14, 2022 3:28 pm

DemonRHK wrote:
Wed Sep 14, 2022 3:17 pm
Ok, caught up while I am working.

for now, ##UNVOTE

I want to navigate this shit from a reset perspective. Dargo is still on the list, but it was half a shitpostvote.

So brain make a lot of good points, and his convo with wolf made me realize this is unlike most D1s not only because it's half length, but because scum actually has had a chance to talk shit over.

Bozo against the Sabi Super Sentai Subout Team is a lot of static. Mech talk help foster traffic and content. Is it a bible to live by? Fuuuuuuck no. But does going full Karen and stating he is the devil, when he is expanding the talk that darg started, it a little off. I get the 'lazy content' aspect, but I feel the counter of 'that's stupid and you're stupid' is a pot meets kettle arguement.

Uno reverse card time, damo's willingness to take it as gospel can be looked upon as wither coasting play or a desire to be able to deflect blame later on.
What?

Tom Bombadil
Gold Donator
Gold Donator

#485 Post by Tom Bombadil » Wed Sep 14, 2022 3:31 pm

DemonRHK wrote:
Wed Sep 14, 2022 3:28 pm
Tom Bombadil wrote:
Demon,

Bozo is doing bozo shit and sabi and neon are tag teaming him with the power of friendship.

It's a net NAI but I am lowkey scumreading one of neon and sabi, but I don't think they're both scum.
Is there a reason you didn’t state the “low key scumreading” in your first post. Seems like the conclusion to your recap would be something you would want to express.

BesharamSabi

#486 Post by BesharamSabi » Wed Sep 14, 2022 3:32 pm

DemonRHK wrote:
Wed Sep 14, 2022 3:18 pm
I felt like I was too nice in that last post.

So everyone gets a 'screw all y'all' to balance the karma.
Love me back

BesharamSabi

#487 Post by BesharamSabi » Wed Sep 14, 2022 3:33 pm

Tom might be town idk

DemonRHK
Bronze Donator
Bronze Donator

#488 Post by DemonRHK » Wed Sep 14, 2022 3:33 pm

Tom Bombadil wrote:
Wed Sep 14, 2022 3:31 pm
DemonRHK wrote:
Tom Bombadil wrote:
Demon,

Is there a reason you didn’t state the “low key scumreading” in your first post. Seems like the conclusion to your recap would be something you would want to express.
Because it was a catchup after 200 posts since I went to sleep while working and I just was typing what was in my head. Sorry I guess? Do I need a thesis on each player with a bibliography by the end of the phase father tom?

brainbomb

#489 Post by brainbomb » Wed Sep 14, 2022 3:35 pm

I require full MLA citation and footnotes, otherwise your posts will be considered plagiarized.

DemonRHK
Bronze Donator
Bronze Donator

#490 Post by DemonRHK » Wed Sep 14, 2022 3:36 pm

damo666 wrote:
DemonRHK wrote:
Wed Sep 14, 2022 3:17 pm
Ok, caught up while I am working.

for now, ##UNVOTE

I want to navigate this shit from a reset perspective. Dargo is still on the list, but it was half a shitpostvote.

So brain make a lot of good points, and his convo with wolf made me realize this is unlike most D1s not only because it's half length, but because scum actually has had a chance to talk shit over.

Bozo against the Sabi Super Sentai Subout Team is a lot of static. Mech talk help foster traffic and content. Is it a bible to live by? Fuuuuuuck no. But does going full Karen and stating he is the devil, when he is expanding the talk that darg started, it a little off. I get the 'lazy content' aspect, but I feel the counter of 'that's stupid and you're stupid' is a pot meets kettle arguement.

Uno reverse card time, damo's willingness to take it as gospel can be looked upon as wither coasting play or a desire to be able to deflect blame later on.
What?
damo666 wrote:
Wed Sep 14, 2022 11:23 am
Caught up. Didn't understand about half the posts as I don't get the game references but no matter.

Why was brain being Gollum?

I like Bozo's survey. My vote will be confined to non participants unless there is a 100% response.

I will give my response in next post.

Tom Bombadil
Gold Donator
Gold Donator

#491 Post by Tom Bombadil » Wed Sep 14, 2022 3:37 pm

Aiight. Kinda like RHK response. Townlean

wolfu

#492 Post by wolfu » Wed Sep 14, 2022 3:38 pm

kind of like bona coming at me for not being helpful but maybe i'm just a sucker for that sort of thing

pyxxy gives me a bit of posting just to post vibes which is maybe scum indicative

Rumi Tobari

#493 Post by Rumi Tobari » Wed Sep 14, 2022 3:39 pm

Tom Bombadil wrote:
Demon,

I read that paragraph as maybe darg not scum, but that's the only thing I got out of it.

Also wow. It only took me 25 pages to feel completely overwhelmed this game. Last time it took 80.

Rumi Tobari

#494 Post by Rumi Tobari » Wed Sep 14, 2022 3:42 pm

wolfu wrote:
Wed Sep 14, 2022 3:38 pm
kind of like bona coming at me for not being helpful but maybe i'm just a sucker for that sort of thing

pyxxy gives me a bit of posting just to post vibes which is maybe scum indicative
Kind of agree? But I was kind of feeling the same way last time about Pyx in D1, but pyx kinda started being more active later on. So it might be a bit of D1 ennui.

dargorygel
Site Moderator
Site Moderator

#495 Post by dargorygel » Wed Sep 14, 2022 3:49 pm

brainbomb wrote:
Wed Sep 14, 2022 3:11 pm
DemonRHK entry into the game felt pretty legit. I have seen him post that way as town quite often. One issue he runs into is that he will look super aggro and hungry but then just disappear and it tends to diminish the might of tonereads on him.
I beleived he was town at the time and I think hes voting for potential scum although darg is my closest friend here and his AtE is coming at me hard right now.

Damo is more just, if I find him totally annoying and I wanna kill him or strangle him hes town. Usually he does something that is ridiculously irritating when he is town and this feels like that. I dont know his scumgame as well but I think its not that powerful. he gets caught as a wolf alot. not to say he is bad, but his tricks are well documented and known by this community.
(((brain)))
play the game, brain. If you believe i am scum, of course stick to it. I'll still wuv you. I wonder if you are overcomping. You have a feeling, but your list in particular makes me think you are presenting it as MORE than just a feeling. That seem scummy to me. Thus my vote.

dargorygel
Site Moderator
Site Moderator

#496 Post by dargorygel » Wed Sep 14, 2022 3:49 pm

brainbomb wrote:
Wed Sep 14, 2022 2:54 pm
dargorygel wrote:
Wed Sep 14, 2022 2:53 pm
brainbomb wrote:
Wed Sep 14, 2022 2:08 pm

Town
DemonRhK
worcej
TomBomb
neon
wolfu

less town
damo

on the fence
rumi
sabi
bona
bozo
pyxxy

scum
dargo
Really, brain? You've described nothing really more than gut feeling on ne. Did your scum team come up with a list of folk whose playstyle you think yiu can get a misskill on? Can you explain why you put me as your only acum absolute sure scumread? I can accept gut reads on d1... expect them, even. But this is overthetop.
I asked you a considerable amount of questions quite a few pages back. Did you skip ahead to this or do you read the thread moving back through?
I saw most of your comments to me as rhetorical. I'll tab them and try to respond, sorry if I missed a question-question.

dargorygel
Site Moderator
Site Moderator

#497 Post by dargorygel » Wed Sep 14, 2022 3:49 pm

brainbomb wrote:
Wed Sep 14, 2022 2:55 pm
Ive been talking pretty heavily about bozo being scum as well. I already have seen you defend him for his survey so I presume you are townreading bozo yes?
I do townread bozo, because I do not see anything un-bozo-like in his survey (which I am in favor of) or how he has presented his discussion.

dargorygel
Site Moderator
Site Moderator

#498 Post by dargorygel » Wed Sep 14, 2022 3:50 pm

brainbomb wrote:
Wed Sep 14, 2022 1:16 pm
The wrong amount of upsettness
First, he presents just the wrong amount of upset-ness when people are not interacting with him to his liking. It seem controlled rather than natural. Town brain gets more upset at town not already following him or expressing our interest in his comments. In a similar vein, no theories yet.
My initial reaction to this statement is that after a game several years ago dargorygel informed me that my many theories helped him understand the game even if he couldnt agree. This was because town!darg tends to want to eliminate theories that are farfetched and focus on theories that are logical.

The first part of this argument is that I am controlling my temper and I was disgusted with gamestate but had to unnaturally pretend I wasnt.

I have alot of explanations for that: my time away, the community I have been playing at since, my participation in champs, overall desire to not flame people, mod warning at beginning of setup pledginh zero tolerance for bullshit.

basically, I cant really afford to lose my shit over people wasting the first 13 pages on how to simp guides, and who to stan for. I dont get all the new jargon but im 38 years old and im not supposed to have a clue what half these people are talking about.
I would expect theories to be erupting.
But why?
There will be theories when there are reasons to have them.
When he is town, he is always right about my alignment. I am town, yet he is oddly suspicious of me. Ergo brain is scum. Brain is voting for me, having made a few reasonish things. When I pushed back on him with a small amount of button-pushing he ignored me.
You find my reasons for scumreading you odd?
When did you “push back?” was that the gettysburg thing?

I kept wanting to ask you if this was picketts charge
I do benifit from your tinfoil hats. And I am not seeing them here. Why is that scum inditicative for me?

I find your 'reasons' odd because they are not reasons. It seems like gut clothed in reason.

Yes, the gettysburg... and also later when I accused you of lacking subtlety.

dargorygel
Site Moderator
Site Moderator

#499 Post by dargorygel » Wed Sep 14, 2022 3:50 pm

brainbomb wrote:
Wed Sep 14, 2022 1:23 pm
dargorygel wrote:
Wed Sep 14, 2022 12:51 pm
Princess Neon wrote:
Wed Sep 14, 2022 12:48 pm
Fun fact

Bozo has spent 23 of his 43 posts talking about his survey. Take out the very random part where he voted 5 random players in a row and its 23 out of 38

That's 60% of his day 1 focus on mech.

I don't think I'm moving my vote.
As someone else has said... this is bozo. It is not alignment oriented.
who else said it though? and why do you believe it?
and why do you think a new player should abandon their instincts and trust meta reads from someone you arent even willing to remember the name of?

surely this forum can do better than habitual meta defense of poor play simply because its just how he is.

maybe he needs to get better at mafia then. or he is just scum as neon suggests.

I dont have a read on bozo but I did find his survey much weaker than some of his past surveys that actually helped solve games. This survey feels like time wasting which gets people thinking about roles instead of people
No, I do not remember who said it. I know that I was not the only one pointing it out. And I don't need to remember who it was to agree with it. I was not writing it because someone else said it.

Bozo just seems like bozo to me. NAI. But yes, I do lean town on him.

Regarding the new player, I dunno. I was not expecting them to change (I do not consider neon new, though) but I thought it was worth pointing out a meta.

You know as well as I do that I am not a primarily meta analyst, though.

brainbomb

#500 Post by brainbomb » Wed Sep 14, 2022 3:50 pm

The way you just posted this feels like a little red suited man sitting on my shoulder whispering to trust him.

sneaky sneaky dargo