M76 - Dungeons and Dragons - Game Thread [HIDDEN]

If you have a game you want to play on the forum, you can do so here.
Forum rules
This is an area for forum games. Please note that to support mafia games players cannot edit their own posts in this forum. Off Topic threads will be relocated or deleted. Issues taking place in forum games should be dealt with by respective game GMs and escalated to the moderators only if absolutely necessary.
wolfu

Re: M76 - Dungeons and Dragons - Game Thread [HIDDEN]

#461 Post by wolfu » Wed Sep 14, 2022 2:42 pm

damo666 wrote:
Wed Sep 14, 2022 12:09 pm
@wolfu thoughts re survey?
i don't care about it lol

why do you think it's useful

brainbomb

#462 Post by brainbomb » Wed Sep 14, 2022 2:50 pm

I think damo choosing to like the bozo survey and then basing his hunt upon the idea is bad.

the idea that scum would avoid wanting to participate in the survey just to conceal what roles they have in play is just about as idiotic of a hunting methodology as relying upon bird signs to tell you when the trojans are coming.

damo was always going to just do something annoying anyway. Which is why I find this more likely to be damo actually thinking there is some intrinsic value in pursuing the maybe mafia wont share their role secrets pathway.

To be clear, in case you are confused, damo is town. The way he is hunting is anti town, and just bad. But he is town nonetheless.

As for why this way of hunting is bad, as we have already covered. the survey is already meaningless, scum can lie, scum can tell the truth, the survey can be misused to accidentally kill a villager who guessed way too accurately, or could be misused to miskill a villager who guessed way too poorly. The survey is not even important because if anyone actually tries to use this for something other than hey hey cool jimmy dickfuck got it right then you are literally just wasting your life.

TLDr
Survey bad, meaningless, bad, maybe comes from scum bozo even
damo good, but bad at game

dargorygel
Site Moderator
Site Moderator

#463 Post by dargorygel » Wed Sep 14, 2022 2:53 pm

brainbomb wrote:
Wed Sep 14, 2022 2:08 pm
wolfu wrote:
Wed Sep 14, 2022 2:00 pm
brainbomb while i'm here and catching up, do you mind telling me any initial reads you have?
Town
DemonRhK
worcej
TomBomb
neon
wolfu

less town
damo

on the fence
rumi
sabi
bona
bozo
pyxxy

scum
dargo
Really, brain? You've described nothing really more than gut feeling on ne. Did your scum team come up with a list of folk whose playstyle you think yiu can get a misskill on? Can you explain why you put me as your only acum absolute sure scumread? I can accept gut reads on d1... expect them, even. But this is overthetop.

brainbomb

#464 Post by brainbomb » Wed Sep 14, 2022 2:53 pm

think of it like guessing who the top 4 will be in college football playoff.

like no one actually takes the preseason guesses seriously. desmond howard had notre dame, utah, and texas A&M.

It is fun to guess, and fun to dream.

brainbomb

#465 Post by brainbomb » Wed Sep 14, 2022 2:54 pm

dargorygel wrote:
Wed Sep 14, 2022 2:53 pm
brainbomb wrote:
wolfu wrote:
brainbomb while i'm here and catching up, do you mind telling me any initial reads you have?
Town
DemonRhK
worcej
TomBomb
neon
wolfu

less town
damo

on the fence
rumi
sabi
bona
bozo
pyxxy

scum
dargo
Really, brain? You've described nothing really more than gut feeling on ne. Did your scum team come up with a list of folk whose playstyle you think yiu can get a misskill on? Can you explain why you put me as your only acum absolute sure scumread? I can accept gut reads on d1... expect them, even. But this is overthetop.
I asked you a considerable amount of questions quite a few pages back. Did you skip ahead to this or do you read the thread moving back through?

brainbomb

#466 Post by brainbomb » Wed Sep 14, 2022 2:55 pm

Ive been talking pretty heavily about bozo being scum as well. I already have seen you defend him for his survey so I presume you are townreading bozo yes?

BesharamSabi

#468 Post by BesharamSabi » Wed Sep 14, 2022 3:03 pm

Bonatogether wrote:
Wed Sep 14, 2022 2:06 pm
BesharamSabi wrote:
Wed Sep 14, 2022 12:27 pm
Tom Bombadil wrote:
Wed Sep 14, 2022 12:22 pm
What do we make of damo actually comparing the results of bozos survey? Does scum or town damo actually care about the results? Or is it NAI?
Town damo would bring up irl stuff and what not. He rarely gets engaged with the game D1 because he doesn't feel like he has enough info to be useful.

The fact he's this engaged is weird.
i call cap, idt you've even played with town and scum damo??
I have played with wolf damo twice. Next

wolfu

#469 Post by wolfu » Wed Sep 14, 2022 3:05 pm

impression of the brainbomb/dargory dustup on page 21 is dargory comes off looking worse from it, reaction to suspicion from brainbomb is a little over the top

Bonatogether wrote:
Wed Sep 14, 2022 2:14 pm
wolfu wrote:
Wed Sep 14, 2022 1:40 pm
dunno, weird fixation on (often trivial) mechanics in more casual game environments tends toward town more often than not in my experience

kind of felt like - mechanically minded players will try to latch onto basically anything concrete, even if trivial/not very important, b/c its their entry point into the game, not as used to making social reads

(definitely feels like a setup where more fun to be scum than town)

wouldn't necessarily hang my hat on that read but seemed okay to me
why say something if you don't believe it
i do believe it, it's just not a strongly held belief
brainbomb wrote:
wolfu wrote:
Town
DemonRhK
worcej
TomBomb
neon
wolfu

less town
damo

on the fence
rumi
sabi
bona
bozo
pyxxy

scum
dargo
can vibe with the townreads generally, explan rhk and damo to me? i assume there's some meta behind those.

BesharamSabi

#470 Post by BesharamSabi » Wed Sep 14, 2022 3:09 pm

I'm bored. Where's bozo and hr

brainbomb

#471 Post by brainbomb » Wed Sep 14, 2022 3:11 pm

DemonRHK entry into the game felt pretty legit. I have seen him post that way as town quite often. One issue he runs into is that he will look super aggro and hungry but then just disappear and it tends to diminish the might of tonereads on him.
I beleived he was town at the time and I think hes voting for potential scum although darg is my closest friend here and his AtE is coming at me hard right now.

Damo is more just, if I find him totally annoying and I wanna kill him or strangle him hes town. Usually he does something that is ridiculously irritating when he is town and this feels like that. I dont know his scumgame as well but I think its not that powerful. he gets caught as a wolf alot. not to say he is bad, but his tricks are well documented and known by this community.

damo666

#472 Post by damo666 » Wed Sep 14, 2022 3:12 pm

BesharamSabi wrote:
Wed Sep 14, 2022 12:18 pm
damo666 wrote:
Wed Sep 14, 2022 12:15 pm
BesharamSabi wrote:
Wed Sep 14, 2022 12:12 pm
I do think Tom and damo are being weirdly pushy in terms of causing in fighting in the game thread. Just making a note of that.

For now tho ##VOTE damo because his iso is bad and kinda shit stirry. It's not relaxed like usual
What on earth are you talking about?
Your pushes have been opportunistic and you are using the fact people didn't participate in bozo little poll as a basis of your scum hunting when it's NAI.

Also you have been instigating shit.
I think you'll find that in time the survey will be very illuminating. I am not going to explain why yet. Forcing participation is beneficial. That is why I am only willing to vote non-participants.

BesharamSabi

#473 Post by BesharamSabi » Wed Sep 14, 2022 3:12 pm

BesharamSabi wrote:
Wed Sep 14, 2022 3:09 pm
I'm bored. Where's bozo and hr
I meant bosox

wolfu

#474 Post by wolfu » Wed Sep 14, 2022 3:13 pm

brainbomb wrote:

like no one actually takes the preseason guesses seriously. desmond howard had notre dame, utah, and texas A&M.

in this analogy alabama is the dayvig i guess

wolfu

#475 Post by wolfu » Wed Sep 14, 2022 3:14 pm

brainbomb wrote:
Wed Sep 14, 2022 3:11 pm
Damo is more just, if I find him totally annoying and I wanna kill him or strangle him hes town. Usually he does something that is ridiculously irritating when he is town and this feels like that. I dont know his scumgame as well but I think its not that powerful. he gets caught as a wolf alot. not to say he is bad, but his tricks are well documented and known by this community.
Lol i can already see what you mean

brainbomb

#476 Post by brainbomb » Wed Sep 14, 2022 3:15 pm

I agree that this game really needs HR and bo because that is quite a large tapestry section to be missing. HR usually comes in late on day 1's and I am not that worried about his odds of showing. Bo kinda same deal, theyre both busy and play when theyre ready to play.

crimsonfox may just not show up. I dont see him sign up that often, and usually he tends to joke around alot and never takes the game too serious. Which I appreciate on some level even if thats not how I operate.

brainbomb

#477 Post by brainbomb » Wed Sep 14, 2022 3:16 pm

wolfu wrote:
Wed Sep 14, 2022 3:13 pm
brainbomb wrote:

in this analogy alabama is the dayvig i guess
si

DemonRHK
Bronze Donator
Bronze Donator

#478 Post by DemonRHK » Wed Sep 14, 2022 3:17 pm

Ok, caught up while I am working.

for now, ##UNVOTE

I want to navigate this shit from a reset perspective. Dargo is still on the list, but it was half a shitpostvote.

So brain make a lot of good points, and his convo with wolf made me realize this is unlike most D1s not only because it's half length, but because scum actually has had a chance to talk shit over.

Bozo against the Sabi Super Sentai Subout Team is a lot of static. Mech talk help foster traffic and content. Is it a bible to live by? Fuuuuuuck no. But does going full Karen and stating he is the devil, when he is expanding the talk that darg started, it a little off. I get the 'lazy content' aspect, but I feel the counter of 'that's stupid and you're stupid' is a pot meets kettle arguement.

Uno reverse card time, damo's willingness to take it as gospel can be looked upon as wither coasting play or a desire to be able to deflect blame later on.

wolfu

#479 Post by wolfu » Wed Sep 14, 2022 3:17 pm

dargorygel wrote:
##Vote dargorygel

DemonRHK
Bronze Donator
Bronze Donator

#480 Post by DemonRHK » Wed Sep 14, 2022 3:18 pm

I felt like I was too nice in that last post.

So everyone gets a 'screw all y'all' to balance the karma.