MAFIA 75: TROUBLE AT THE PRECINCT [HIDDEN]

If you have a game you want to play on the forum, you can do so here.
Forum rules
This is an area for forum games. Please note that to support mafia games players cannot edit their own posts in this forum. Off Topic threads will be relocated or deleted. Issues taking place in forum games should be dealt with by respective game GMs and escalated to the moderators only if absolutely necessary.
Rumi Tobari

Re: MAFIA 75: TROUBLE AT THE PRECINCT [HIDDEN]

#1741 Post by Rumi Tobari » Wed Aug 17, 2022 6:34 pm

President Eden wrote:
Wed Aug 17, 2022 6:27 pm
This just makes me doubt your ability to spot agenda driven behavior lol. I even stopped needling him and gave him the night off to come back and reassess in the event that I had actually been egging on a stubborn prideful townie to double down on his read. His read is clearly not naturally evolving with the thread. And he’s now on damo based entirely on your claims, despite never having expressed any opinion on you one way or another that would indicate he should be blindly trusting you the way he is.
I know you're not speaking to me, but I have tons of doubts on my ability to spot this stuff, for reasons stated previously. The longer the thread goes on, the less certain I am of my reads on anyone.

Jamiet99uk

#1742 Post by Jamiet99uk » Wed Aug 17, 2022 6:34 pm

ghug wrote:
Wed Aug 17, 2022 6:13 pm
Byz wrote:
Wed Aug 17, 2022 12:42 pm
I like Jaime pestering me and others about his own wagon, a scum is more likely to just say "oh, fair enough, but you're wrong" Usually. Depends on meta.

Still see my original reasons to vote as good ones. Jamie doesn't seem super interested in original scumhunting. Which I'm just gonna be less forgiving of if there's a lot of noise in the thread. Correct me if I'm wrong, but you bandwagon voted Eden and then just parked there all day, right?
Jamie has no chill in any situation (love you Jimmit).
Not entirely true but I can often lack chill in a variety of webDip Mafia situations, I admit.
This signature is hard to read in dark mode.

Vecna

#1743 Post by Vecna » Wed Aug 17, 2022 6:36 pm

##vote Bona

I think im promoting Darg and Rdrivera to slight town as well, reasonably okay stuff.

Jamiet99uk

#1744 Post by Jamiet99uk » Wed Aug 17, 2022 6:39 pm

President Eden wrote:
Wed Aug 17, 2022 6:22 pm
President Eden wrote:
Wed Aug 17, 2022 3:15 pm
President Eden wrote:
Wed Aug 17, 2022 3:12 pm

your wagon of choice is tied for the lead though? And is de facto in the lead because if Chaqa doesn’t happen I’m probably switching to celaph out of those.

I think the bo wagon is doo doo trash but the others are reasonable
This is an interesting observation.
Ok I propose we kill one of Eden and Neon because in my current mental state I was capable of believing that this entire exchange was Eden talking to himself.
I'm sure I don't know what you mean, Ghug.

Chaqa
Bronze Donator
Bronze Donator

#1745 Post by Chaqa » Wed Aug 17, 2022 6:40 pm

Vecna wrote:
Wed Aug 17, 2022 5:43 pm
Chaqa wrote:
Wed Aug 17, 2022 1:36 pm
Yes, but I have a secret method to determining Vecna's alignment that I will share later.
does this mean I have to flip my read on your slot 26 times?

because that I can fake
25 should be enough, I'm Chipotle-powered today.

President Eden

#1746 Post by President Eden » Wed Aug 17, 2022 6:41 pm

I will call a little more attention to my observation on Byz’s behavior toward Sabi so it’s not lost in the back-and-forth.

Byz ISO: http://mafia.peterlund.se/e/web/msgs?g= ... 1&user=Byz

Sabi is mentioned 14 times. Aside from this one odd out-of-place post which he never follows up on…
Byz wrote:
Tue Aug 16, 2022 5:09 pm
Sabi, are you pocketing me btw?
…Byz never really expresses an opinion of Sabi’s alignment. Yet Byz speaks with almost implicit and assumed trust that Sabi is on his team. Byz is now outright sheeping Sabi onto damo, having expressed no opinion on damo or Sabi prior to now which would make sense of that decision. Why is that?

Obviously, their out-of-game familiarity has to be considered. Sabi invited Byz to play here, and aside from Bona, Sabi is the only player here that I believe Byz knew before the game. So you’d expect some camaraderie and lessened suspicion to start.

But Sabi has been under some scrutiny this phase (albeit mostly about play style and not alignment per se). Byz didn’t address any of it. Byz hasn’t ever given a read on Sabi one way or the other.

I don’t know that any of this reflects on Sabi necessarily, but it’s a very curious progression by Byz.

Byz

#1747 Post by Byz » Wed Aug 17, 2022 6:41 pm

President Eden wrote:
BesharamSabi wrote:
Wed Aug 17, 2022 5:56 pm
President Eden wrote:
Wed Aug 17, 2022 5:54 pm
Well if that’s the criterion then I can see why damo’s being run up, but you’ll flip town damo just as well as mafia damo doing that
You’re going to flip Byz just as likely so then what? I isoed Byz and he doesn’t seem agenda driven in this game like he did in Bona game.
You mean aside from announcing he was rand/meme voting me, then coming up with a flimsy tone excuse for it to “actually be real,” then constantly shifting the goalposts to find new inventive reasons why his read is still okay and never actually reassessing in light of everything else that has happened since?

This just makes me doubt your ability to spot agenda driven behavior lol. I even stopped needling him and gave him the night off to come back and reassess in the event that I had actually been egging on a stubborn prideful townie to double down on his read. His read is clearly not naturally evolving with the thread. And he’s now on damo based entirely on your claims, despite never having expressed any opinion on you one way or another that would indicate he should be blindly trusting you the way he is.
This is such a bad faith interpretation of my actions in thread I'm seriously reconsidering leaving you for tomorrow

I never, ever said my vote on you was "just for the memes" I asked Sabi's preference for generating pressure, then found moments from you that pinged me, which I pointed out in thread. I'm allowed to develop a read lol.

Furthermore I have backed off on you and wanted to give you space to work, but you keep testing my patience with dumb posts like this

Jamiet99uk

#1748 Post by Jamiet99uk » Wed Aug 17, 2022 6:42 pm

With just over 3 hours left, these people should probably move their votes:

:points: damo666
:points: bo_sox48
:points: Rumi Tobari
:points: ghug
:points: Vecna

celaph

#1749 Post by celaph » Wed Aug 17, 2022 6:44 pm

Princess Neon wrote:
Wed Aug 17, 2022 12:43 pm
celaph wrote:
Wed Aug 17, 2022 12:37 pm
Princess Neon wrote:
Wed Aug 17, 2022 6:12 am

So we keep the potential scum alive now because they might probably make themself obvious later?

I don't understand this play but I will acquiesce to it I don't know where else to vote atm though.
For context, in my ~4 games as scum I've effectively obvscummed by D2 every game.
So I should ignore you scumming d1 because it will be more obvious d2 than?
I wouldn't mind that, though I concede that I don't see why it would make sense from your perspective. What did you think of my comments last night? Looking ahead at your iso, I dislike the fact that you went to bed, presumably through EoD, without giving your vote additional thought.

Jamiet99uk

#1750 Post by Jamiet99uk » Wed Aug 17, 2022 6:46 pm

President Eden wrote:
Wed Aug 17, 2022 6:41 pm
I will call a little more attention to my observation on Byz’s behavior toward Sabi so it’s not lost in the back-and-forth.

Sabi is mentioned 14 times. Aside from this one odd out-of-place post which he never follows up on…
Byz wrote:
…Byz never really expresses an opinion of Sabi’s alignment. Yet Byz speaks with almost implicit and assumed trust that Sabi is on his team. Byz is now outright sheeping Sabi onto damo, having expressed no opinion on damo or Sabi prior to now which would make sense of that decision. Why is that?

Obviously, their out-of-game familiarity has to be considered. Sabi invited Byz to play here, and aside from Bona, Sabi is the only player here that I believe Byz knew before the game. So you’d expect some camaraderie and lessened suspicion to start.

But Sabi has been under some scrutiny this phase (albeit mostly about play style and not alignment per se). Byz didn’t address any of it. Byz hasn’t ever given a read on Sabi one way or the other.

I don’t know that any of this reflects on Sabi necessarily, but it’s a very curious progression by Byz.
@Eden: In the context of these comments, what do you feel about the fact that Sabi is hardcore defending Byz, complaining and criticising anyone who suspects or votes Byz.... as if Byz is basically Sabi's top townread and, apparently, a hillock that Sabi is prepared to die on.

celaph

#1751 Post by celaph » Wed Aug 17, 2022 6:46 pm

dargorygel wrote:
Wed Aug 17, 2022 12:48 pm
I've posted my pyxxy concerns this morning. Basically hua case is rushed. Feels like a put up job. My trouble with celaph is less clear. Reading him feels like he's popping in, addressing, and job done, moving on. I have better memories of celaph than that. But i need to iso him.
Is this a read on my posts or just my activity? Because if it's the latter you're right. I remembered at work yesterday that mafia exists and was doing my best to catch up while I had time.

Chaqa
Bronze Donator
Bronze Donator

#1752 Post by Chaqa » Wed Aug 17, 2022 6:46 pm

Big sadge that the bo wagon is dead. We're gonna let him get away with this?

Rumi Tobari

#1753 Post by Rumi Tobari » Wed Aug 17, 2022 6:47 pm

Jamiet99uk wrote:
Wed Aug 17, 2022 6:42 pm

Maybe I'm ignorant, but is there a reason to hop on an existing wagon if they think the people they're voting for are scum?

Jamiet99uk

#1754 Post by Jamiet99uk » Wed Aug 17, 2022 6:47 pm

Chaqa wrote:
Wed Aug 17, 2022 6:46 pm
Big sadge that the bo wagon is dead. We're gonna let him get away with this?
With what, exactly?

Jamiet99uk

#1755 Post by Jamiet99uk » Wed Aug 17, 2022 6:48 pm

Rumi Tobari wrote:
Wed Aug 17, 2022 6:47 pm
Jamiet99uk wrote:

Maybe I'm ignorant, but is there a reason to hop on an existing wagon if they think the people they're voting for are scum?
I don't understand this question.

Can you be clearer about who the "they"s are in your question please?

BesharamSabi

#1756 Post by BesharamSabi » Wed Aug 17, 2022 6:49 pm

Jamiet99uk wrote:
Wed Aug 17, 2022 6:46 pm
President Eden wrote:

Byz wrote:

@Eden: In the context of these comments, what do you feel about the fact that Sabi is hardcore defending Byz, complaining and criticising anyone who suspects or votes Byz.... as if Byz is basically Sabi's top townread and, apparently, a hillock that Sabi is prepared to die on.
I'm doing the same to neon and Byz, two people I invited and don't want either voted out D1. After D1 yall can do that.

It's a pride thing for me

Rumi Tobari

#1757 Post by Rumi Tobari » Wed Aug 17, 2022 6:49 pm

Jamiet99uk wrote:
Wed Aug 17, 2022 6:48 pm
Rumi Tobari wrote:
Jamiet99uk wrote:

I checked and other than me who is currently unvoted, the other four are all people who are the single vote toward another person. Is there a reason for them to change the vote if they believe the person they're voting for might be scum?

Jamiet99uk

#1758 Post by Jamiet99uk » Wed Aug 17, 2022 6:50 pm

Jamiet99uk wrote:
Wed Aug 17, 2022 4:39 pm
Worcester Sauce wrote:
Wed Aug 17, 2022 3:16 pm
Jamiet99uk wrote:
Wed Aug 17, 2022 9:20 am

I responded to Byz's incorrect post and pointed out where he was mistaken.

Why are you so happy to swallow this inaccurate depiction of me? Are you scum or just lazy?
No.
Why are you so happy to swallow this inaccurate depiction of me? If you think it is accurate, read the whole thing again.
@WORCEJ:

Can I press you for a proper answer, please?

Jamiet99uk

#1759 Post by Jamiet99uk » Wed Aug 17, 2022 6:51 pm

Rumi Tobari wrote:
Wed Aug 17, 2022 6:49 pm
Jamiet99uk wrote:
Wed Aug 17, 2022 6:48 pm
Rumi Tobari wrote:

I checked and other than me who is currently unvoted, the other four are all people who are the single vote toward another person. Is there a reason for them to change the vote if they believe the person they're voting for might be scum?
You realise that's why I listed them, yes? They are on one-vote wagons that have no traction. So their vote is very unlikely to contribute to the outcome.

Generally it's good for town if people try to make their vote count.

President Eden

#1760 Post by President Eden » Wed Aug 17, 2022 6:52 pm

Byz wrote:
President Eden wrote:
BesharamSabi wrote:
Wed Aug 17, 2022 5:56 pm

You’re going to flip Byz just as likely so then what? I isoed Byz and he doesn’t seem agenda driven in this game like he did in Bona game.
You mean aside from announcing he was rand/meme voting me, then coming up with a flimsy tone excuse for it to “actually be real,” then constantly shifting the goalposts to find new inventive reasons why his read is still okay and never actually reassessing in light of everything else that has happened since?

This is such a bad faith interpretation of my actions in thread I’m seriously reconsidering leaving you for tomorrow

I never, ever said my vote on you was “just for the memes” I asked Sabi’s preference for generating pressure, then found moments from you that pinged me, which I pointed out in thread. I’m allowed to develop a read lol.

Furthermore I have backed off on you and wanted to give you space to work, but you keep testing my patience with dumb posts like this
This is a flat-out inversion of reality. You can frame it as a “pressure vote” all you want, but you took a name given to you by somebody else and went with it (rand), and you accepted the frame just an hour ago that it was a meme by saying “memes are better than logic in mafia 60% of the time anyway” (meme). You then gave some flimsy nonsense about a turn of phrase “striking you wrong” —you can argue all you want that it wasn’t flimsy if you can’t handle objective reality I guess, but objectively it’s flimsy—and you have now declared my slot “a reasonable shot at an impactful [mafia]” in lieu of presenting any serious argument or addressing the high volume of content I’ve produced since.

Then you frame it like I’ve been the one poisoning the well when you have:
- repeatedly insinuated I have some ego problem, when all I have done is carefully and logically explained why your initial idea was not going to work (which played out exactly as I explained it would);
- incorrectly framed my posts as insulting you when, at worst, I’ve teased you for your idea not working out
- now resorted to a completely unwarranted dismissive attitude that acts as though I’ve been hung up on you, when in reality I’ve been engaging just about everybody in the thread on a number of issues

Just a total inversion of everything that has actually happened. It’s just a fact that your progression on me is flimsy and your sheeping Sabi without any explained reasoning is suspicious.