MAFIA 75: TROUBLE AT THE PRECINCT [HIDDEN]

If you have a game you want to play on the forum, you can do so here.
Forum rules
This is an area for forum games. Please note that to support mafia games players cannot edit their own posts in this forum. Off Topic threads will be relocated or deleted. Issues taking place in forum games should be dealt with by respective game GMs and escalated to the moderators only if absolutely necessary.
BesharamSabi

Re: MAFIA 75: TROUBLE AT THE PRECINCT [HIDDEN]

#1621 Post by BesharamSabi » Wed Aug 17, 2022 4:07 pm

worcej wrote:
Wed Aug 17, 2022 3:37 pm
BesharamSabi wrote:
Wed Aug 17, 2022 1:01 pm
Good morning,

Someone mentioned pyxxy case and overall post being weak sauce. Going to look that over.

Byz pissing off Jamie. Is funny.

Why did Jamie ignore my and ghug discussion in regards to him? He didn't acknowledge it.

Neon you can vote for celaph if you want to.
Curious - what’s your opinion of Jamie as a player?
I think he's town. You can go through this conversation with ghug for my thoughts:

viewtopic.php?p=306584#p306584

Click through all the quotes.

Vecna

#1622 Post by Vecna » Wed Aug 17, 2022 4:07 pm

pathfinder; wrath of the righteous is probably the best thing to ever come out of russia

and i fucking love that potato-brew vodka they make

Vecna

#1623 Post by Vecna » Wed Aug 17, 2022 4:10 pm

Bonatogether wrote:
Wed Aug 17, 2022 2:36 am
worcej wrote:
Wed Aug 17, 2022 2:25 am
Bonatogether wrote:
Wed Aug 17, 2022 2:19 am

what's pf2e?
Best TTRPG
sounds like boomer shit 8-)
your generation thinks minecraft is the best game to ever be made

BesharamSabi

#1624 Post by BesharamSabi » Wed Aug 17, 2022 4:10 pm

Vecna wrote:
Wed Aug 17, 2022 3:46 pm
BesharamSabi wrote:
Wed Aug 17, 2022 1:08 am
Vecna wrote:
Tue Aug 16, 2022 11:18 pm
not overly thrilled by darg btw. he seems to rely a bit too much on easy points.

also, why make the statement you want me to participate so you can apply your read on me? why would you say that as town? feels like a bit on the busy-work side of things.
Do you think you have a tell like Darg said you do?

Also hi Vecna, I missed u 💕
Theres definately something certain people tend to pick up on after enough exposure, although im not quite sure what it is. The statement is consistent though, Darg claims to be able to read me every game (and I also think he singled me out correctly in my last game as non-town).

Also, hi, likewise. We can do that solve/towncore-y thing u were talking about before.

You and Eden just need to chill and steer clear of eachother. Both probably town, just a mismatch in personalities.
Me and Eden are fine now, he finally found me as town after all that drama. Something something skill issue.

You are invited to the towncore.

What are your thoughts on pyxxy and damo.

pyxxy
Gold Donator
Gold Donator

#1625 Post by pyxxy » Wed Aug 17, 2022 4:12 pm

Princess Neon wrote:
Wed Aug 17, 2022 3:20 pm
I'm going to bed. Flash wagon and kill me while I'm not here because it'll be funny

Hearts xoxo

Gossip girl
It's giving....Sabi.

Rumi Tobari

#1626 Post by Rumi Tobari » Wed Aug 17, 2022 4:13 pm

BesharamSabi wrote:
Wed Aug 17, 2022 4:10 pm
Vecna wrote:
BesharamSabi wrote:
Wed Aug 17, 2022 1:08 am

Do you think you have a tell like Darg said you do?

Also hi Vecna, I missed u 💕
Theres definately something certain people tend to pick up on after enough exposure, although im not quite sure what it is. The statement is consistent though, Darg claims to be able to read me every game (and I also think he singled me out correctly in my last game as non-town).

Also, hi, likewise. We can do that solve/towncore-y thing u were talking about before.

You and Eden just need to chill and steer clear of eachother. Both probably town, just a mismatch in personalities.
Me and Eden are fine now, he finally found me as town after all that drama. Something something skill issue.

I still feel ambivalent towards most people, and I know you're not asking me. But I do agree with the post list that damo does not seem to have opinions of his own and seems to just agree with others really quickly.

Pyx I don't have any opinions towards right now, I could try to figure out some.

BesharamSabi

#1627 Post by BesharamSabi » Wed Aug 17, 2022 4:13 pm

Rumi Tobari wrote:
Wed Aug 17, 2022 3:55 pm
Vecna wrote:
Wed Aug 17, 2022 3:48 pm
Rumi Tobari wrote:
Wed Aug 17, 2022 3:42 pm

Like what? Leashes and chains? Sure as long as I'm holding the leash.

I don't mind that you do that, I was just offering to help you get a better read on me. Though because I've never played I ahve no idea how to interpret most things and can only filter this through my experience in general oscial situations.
Its probably best if you dont let inexperience stop you from just blurting out whatevers on your mind. Sniff/snuff out all that kinky stuff and let loose whatever is your tool of preference n all that.
Don't let inexperience stop me from blurting on wahtevers on my mind? Kay.

I kind of lowkey feel like Sabi is doing this whole white knight thing for Neon.

Or was I supposed to let social appropriateness stop me from blurt on things on my mind?
I dunno why you keep twisting our friendship on weird ways. I do hardshield people I confidently know are town. I have gotten a rep of big font, obnoxiously yelling people to back off my towncore. It's how I protect those who's. Opinion I value.

President Eden

#1628 Post by President Eden » Wed Aug 17, 2022 4:13 pm

Vecna wrote:
Wed Aug 17, 2022 3:56 pm
President Eden wrote:
Wed Aug 17, 2022 1:45 am
BesharamSabi wrote:
Wed Aug 17, 2022 1:31 am

Eden time to make current game related reads since there’s new people
I’ve made plenty. But I guess an update is in order since some of the absentees arrived. List is sorted within ranks by signup order, no significance to order within a rank.

Solid Town: Rumi, Bona
Satisfactory D1: worcej, damo, rivera, Sabi, Neon, Byz, Vecna
Still Not Here: bo
Here, But I’m Not Sure: pyxxy
Killable: darg, ghug, Jamie, Chaqa, celaph

I’m less inclined to get after celaph than I was in our last game together, because it did appear to me that celaph genuinely wasn’t around to start the game. But I think I’m seeing more of the in-the-background, surface-level analytics that I saw in past mafia games. Less inclined to pursue it this time around because I’m pretty confident he actually showed up ~20 pages late, so he may just be catching up. That said, he’s clearly in killable to me.

Somewhere in my arguing with Sabi, I caught myself typing “Frankly, it’s like you can’t even understand why I might think you’re suspicious here,” which made me realize Sabi is probably just town. And ever since the more heated discussion earlier in the day, Sabi’s inquiries and insights have markedly improved in my eyes and definitely reflect the growth they alleged occurred since their last game here. So I’m down with a D1 pass and generally feeling alright about Sabi.

Vecna’s looked solid in limited time. He’s been out for quite a while and probably busy during this game so far, but what he’s shown seems all good.

I don’t think pyxxy has earned a D1 pass yet, but I found myself wanting to put pyx there because his posts have seemed alright.

Killing bo is a massive cop-out and also means no snowy sub, so that option is a huge no-go for me.
Why are rumi and bona solid town though? just some basic simpletonian explenation will do.
I am taking Rumi’s claims about her personality and anxiety and such at face value, and taking them as such, I just don’t believe that a totally new player who rolled mafia would call attention to any self-perceived contradiction or undermining, as Rumi did here for instance.

Rumi also fairly extensively “townslipped” in the sense that she expressed that she didn’t realize at the start of the game that the mafia knew each other, which is why she initially struggled to understand why I was inquiring into her, in her post here.

Finally, while I note Rumi has been somewhat fearful of pressure when questioned at times, Rumi has been quite open in her answers and has been rather active for a first time player, neither of which are typical of brand new mafia players who roll mafia.

Taking all that together, in my mind you’d have to think Rumi is putting on a big act and show with all of this to think she is mafia. Otherwise everything points to new nervous town worried about fitting in and her own (false) self-perception as a burden.

As for Bona… actually I’m gonna defer on this to ask him something.

Bona son, I went to reread your big catch-up post that impressed me the first time, and on a reread I note that you’re actually pretty light on alignment-specific conclusions and mostly recapping. Can you tell me who you’re open to killing, who you are willing to give a day, and who you think is just town?

Vecna

#1629 Post by Vecna » Wed Aug 17, 2022 4:14 pm

bo_sox48 wrote:
Wed Aug 17, 2022 3:31 am
Without any context it seems likely that one of the four people that voted for the guy who hadn't posted 17 hours into the game if not more than one is probably scum looking to make it seem like they're doing something important!
galaxy brain deduction

BesharamSabi

#1630 Post by BesharamSabi » Wed Aug 17, 2022 4:15 pm

Rumi Tobari wrote:
Wed Aug 17, 2022 4:13 pm
BesharamSabi wrote:
Vecna wrote:

I still feel ambivalent towards most people, and I know you're not asking me. But I do agree with the post list that damo does not seem to have opinions of his own and seems to just agree with others really quickly.

Pyx I don't have any opinions towards right now, I could try to figure out some.
It doesn't seem like damo. I will wait till you look at pyxxy to share my thoughts.

President Eden

#1631 Post by President Eden » Wed Aug 17, 2022 4:16 pm

Vecna wrote:
Bonatogether wrote:
Wed Aug 17, 2022 2:36 am
worcej wrote:
Wed Aug 17, 2022 2:25 am
Best TTRPG
sounds like boomer shit 8-)
your generation thinks minecraft is the best game to ever be made
:lol: destroyed

BesharamSabi

#1632 Post by BesharamSabi » Wed Aug 17, 2022 4:16 pm

I would love if more people look at damo iso and join me on this wagon Choo choo

BesharamSabi

#1633 Post by BesharamSabi » Wed Aug 17, 2022 4:20 pm

Jamiet get over your ego and Unvote Byz.

Rumi Tobari

#1634 Post by Rumi Tobari » Wed Aug 17, 2022 4:20 pm

President Eden wrote:
I am taking Rumi’s claims about her personality and anxiety and such at face value, and taking them as such, I just don’t believe that a totally new player who rolled mafia would call attention to any self-perceived contradiction or undermining, as Rumi did
I come from a forum background so its a little less intensive against my social difficulties. I have fewer problems socializing on stream or in voice chat, but I probably would have sigificanty difficulty in the chat-based flavors of Mafia that some of the people here have implied to be existing elsewhere.
President Eden wrote:
Finally, while I note Rumi has been somewhat fearful of pressure when questioned at times, Rumi has been quite open in her answers and has been rather active for a first time player, neither of which are typical of brand new mafia players who roll mafia.
I actually tend to do this in most social situations as a whole. Its a personal failing on my part and I can't control it. I apologize.
BesharamSabi wrote:
Wed Aug 17, 2022 4:16 pm
I would love if more people look at damo iso and join me on this wagon Choo choo
I totally agree that damo is lacking opinions of his own. But I don't understand what that means enough to draw conclusions of guilt or innocence like everyone else can

BesharamSabi

#1635 Post by BesharamSabi » Wed Aug 17, 2022 4:23 pm

Rumi Tobari wrote:
Wed Aug 17, 2022 4:20 pm
President Eden wrote:
I am taking Rumi’s claims about her personality and anxiety and such at face value, and taking them as such, I just don’t believe that a totally new player who rolled mafia would call attention to any self-perceived contradiction or undermining, as Rumi did
I come from a forum background so its a little less intensive against my social difficulties. I have fewer problems socializing on stream or in voice chat, but I probably would have sigificanty difficulty in the chat-based flavors of Mafia that some of the people here have implied to be existing elsewhere.
President Eden wrote:
I actually tend to do this in most social situations as a whole. Its a personal failing on my part and I can't control it. I apologize.
BesharamSabi wrote:
Wed Aug 17, 2022 4:16 pm
I totally agree that damo is lacking opinions of his own. But I don't understand what that means enough to draw conclusions of guilt or innocence like everyone else can
So lack of his own opinions tend to be mafia alignment just because they are informed of people's alignment (town or mafia) so it's hard to have their own opinion because they know the truth. They also tend to go along with whoever opinion so they don't ruffle feathers and draw attention to themselves.

Meta wise: damo is know to have his own unique opinions on people. This feels unlike him.

Chaqa
Bronze Donator
Bronze Donator

#1636 Post by Chaqa » Wed Aug 17, 2022 4:25 pm

Vecna wrote:
Wed Aug 17, 2022 4:06 pm
also, baldurs gate3 is shaping up to be the biggest atrocity of remakes known to man.

you just do not make a game thats so much worse than any of the divinity titles, and then attach that name to it. bad belgium people, bad.
This is like the exact opposite of every other opinion on Baldur's Gate 3 I've heard.

pyxxy
Gold Donator
Gold Donator

#1637 Post by pyxxy » Wed Aug 17, 2022 4:32 pm

Rumi Tobari wrote:
Wed Aug 17, 2022 12:42 pm
dargorygel wrote:
Wed Aug 17, 2022 12:35 pm
Byz wrote:
Wed Aug 17, 2022 12:16 pm
My pronouns are he/him celaph

Reading your ISO, I would like to know who you actually scumread. I know some players solve by townread, but if it comes down to it, who are you pushing over today?
Not addressed to me. I know... but i am feeling the lack of scum reads myself.

I have concerns about celaph, eden, and pyxxy. Stronger lownleans towards worcej, damo, sabi, and ghug.

I'm not overly fond of bo's lackadaisical participation upon arrival.
can i hear your reasonings on Celaph and Pyxxy, I think it might have been Eden who said that they wouldn't reveal what they thought was up with Celaph until D2, and I'm kind of looking for something more useful to do with my vote.

I'm not going to feel particularly good about myself if my spite vote gets Bo removed and he turns out to have been town.
you're thinking of Bona, Bona said hold off on Celaph until D2

Chaqa
Bronze Donator
Bronze Donator

#1638 Post by Chaqa » Wed Aug 17, 2022 4:36 pm

So here's kinda where I'm at. I'm going to start with a list of all players minus myself.

BesharamSabi
Bonatogether
bo_sox48
Byz
celaph
damo666
dargorygel
ghug
Jamiet99uk
President Eden
Princess Neon
pyxxy
rdrivera2005
Rumi Tobari
Vecna
worcej

First, I'm going to remove players who I'm personally townreading. Vecna, due to some various reasons but overall I'll call this a soul read. Sabi and Eden are both heavily involved, though Eden is driving discussion more so while Sabi is facilitating discussion. The contributions I've seen from worcej are enough to remove him from consideration for now. Ditto for Princess Neon.

Ghug is out because given a bit more time I'll be able to figure him out. Ditto for Bona.

So this brings me to what I would call the "wide pool" of players. I would currently vote for any of these people over those listed above.

bo_sox48
Byz
celaph
damo666
dargorygel
Jamiet99uk
pyxxy
rdrivera2005
Rumi Tobari

Rumi Tobari

#1639 Post by Rumi Tobari » Wed Aug 17, 2022 4:39 pm

pyxxy wrote:
Wed Aug 17, 2022 4:32 pm
Rumi Tobari wrote:
Wed Aug 17, 2022 12:42 pm
dargorygel wrote:
Wed Aug 17, 2022 12:35 pm

Not addressed to me. I know... but i am feeling the lack of scum reads myself.

I have concerns about celaph, eden, and pyxxy. Stronger lownleans towards worcej, damo, sabi, and ghug.

I'm not overly fond of bo's lackadaisical participation upon arrival.
can i hear your reasonings on Celaph and Pyxxy, I think it might have been Eden who said that they wouldn't reveal what they thought was up with Celaph until D2, and I'm kind of looking for something more useful to do with my vote.

I'm not going to feel particularly good about myself if my spite vote gets Bo removed and he turns out to have been town.
you're thinking of Bona, Bona said hold off on Celaph until D2
Thanks for the correction. I have trouble rememebring these things.

Jamiet99uk

#1640 Post by Jamiet99uk » Wed Aug 17, 2022 4:39 pm

worcej wrote:
Wed Aug 17, 2022 3:16 pm
Jamiet99uk wrote:
Wed Aug 17, 2022 9:20 am
worcej wrote:
Wed Aug 17, 2022 2:06 am
I like this.

##vote Jamie
##end

89.9197327856346% chance this vote won't move.
I responded to Byz's incorrect post and pointed out where he was mistaken.

Why are you so happy to swallow this inaccurate depiction of me? Are you scum or just lazy?
No.
Why are you so happy to swallow this inaccurate depiction of me? If you think it is accurate, read the whole thing again.
This signature is hard to read in dark mode.