MAFIA 75: TROUBLE AT THE PRECINCT [HIDDEN]

If you have a game you want to play on the forum, you can do so here.
Forum rules
This is an area for forum games. Please note that to support mafia games players cannot edit their own posts in this forum. Off Topic threads will be relocated or deleted. Issues taking place in forum games should be dealt with by respective game GMs and escalated to the moderators only if absolutely necessary.
BesharamSabi

Re: MAFIA 75: TROUBLE AT THE PRECINCT [HIDDEN]

#561 Post by BesharamSabi » Tue Aug 16, 2022 1:41 pm

President Eden wrote:
Tue Aug 16, 2022 1:32 pm
Just to elaborate on my last post, the current state of my wagon is as follows:

1. Byz — ostensibly randomly picked between me and ghug for a random wagon, deferred to Sabi who chose me, then got high on his own supply and forced a very weak tonal read as a fig leaf

2. Sabi — was offered the chance to meme vote me, did, then made up something about vibes as a fig leaf

3. darg — chose for himself a narrative where I am putting on masks (which doesn’t describe my play in any context), found my behavior suspicious after reading it looking for suspicion, voted me

4. Jamie — pretended not to understand humor, voted me

Literally any of these people could have done this as any alignment. Byz is the only one that I consciously gave some credit for probably coming from town (“high on his own supply”). All three of the others are well within conceivable town or mafia range. My wagon was arbitrarily chosen and arbitrarily post-hoc rationalized, so trying to determine whether anybody is busing or going with the flow is going to be a fool’s errand. Which is why openly declaring a random wagon is silly, and why trying to backtrack and pretend it was based on something real doesn’t fool anyone.
Fine. I feel more confident that ghug is a hit anyways

##VOTE ghug
##end

Rumi Tobari

#562 Post by Rumi Tobari » Tue Aug 16, 2022 1:41 pm

dargorygel wrote:
Tue Aug 16, 2022 1:36 pm
I enjoy already Princess Neon's presence. I have a growing concern about a "me against the world " mentality and style. This might be scum- related. Or it might be meta, which we aren't privy to. It stands out to me that rumi and sabi are not included in the Hostile World. They are associated outside this game. It seems. But does thst make it worse or better? I note that when eden and chaqa were buddies, they tended to be harsher in game... going to watch, i guess.

Anyway, gone for a while
Would like to something here. And I will state it as true using Umineko-style red truth. (And I'd like to hope you all believe this is true and that I am not pulling one over on you all.

I do not know Neon outside the game. The only person here I know outside the game is the GM. Which he disclosed in the signup.

damo666

#563 Post by damo666 » Tue Aug 16, 2022 1:42 pm

Princess Neon wrote:
Tue Aug 16, 2022 1:39 pm
Rumi Tobari wrote:
Tue Aug 16, 2022 1:35 pm
Princess Neon wrote:
Tue Aug 16, 2022 1:33 pm

It's exclusively used to paint a picture of a new player in over their head to discredit them or an old player who sucks because they don't understand the principles of the game of mafia. You can infer by experience Level from my play
Ah. So from that perspective, does my lack of experience count against me and is everyone planning to use it to discredit me?
It likely will be at some point I think yes.
Can also work the other way. Benefit of the doubt and all that.

Princess Neon

#564 Post by Princess Neon » Tue Aug 16, 2022 1:43 pm

dargorygel wrote:
I enjoy already Princess Neon's presence. I have a growing concern about a "me against the world " mentality and style. This might be scum- related. Or it might be meta, which we aren't privy to. It stands out to me that rumi and sabi are not included in the Hostile World. They are associated outside this game. It seems. But does thst make it worse or better? I note that when eden and chaqa were buddies, they tended to be harsher in game... going to watch, i guess.

Anyway, gone for a while
I explained at least my reasoning for everything I've done. I'm willing to answer questions and work with town where in its possible to do so without it exclusively being used to push a narrative on me

I've also admitted my bad habit and explained why it exists.

But you don't know me and have no reason to trust my self meta. You should trust what Sabi has seen but it's openly been acknowledged their known meta on me doesn't matter.

I know I do dumb things. I also know they work. I know I have bad habits. I also know I'm right when I TR people in general. I think everyone voting me is using flimsy and awful reasons to do it.

Princess Neon

#565 Post by Princess Neon » Tue Aug 16, 2022 1:43 pm

Rumi Tobari wrote:
Tue Aug 16, 2022 1:41 pm
dargorygel wrote:

Anyway, gone for a while
Would like to something here. And I will state it as true using Umineko-style red truth. (And I'd like to hope you all believe this is true and that I am not pulling one over on you all.

I do not know Neon outside the game. The only person here I know outside the game is the GM. Which he disclosed in the signup.
Fax

Chaqa
Bronze Donator
Bronze Donator

#566 Post by Chaqa » Tue Aug 16, 2022 1:43 pm

okidok i'm gonna go back to working on my gundam RPG system...

err...

just working. yeah.

damo666

#567 Post by damo666 » Tue Aug 16, 2022 1:45 pm

We are not even 16 hours into the game and we have 5 end votes on 4 different people.

Madness.

Princess Neon

#568 Post by Princess Neon » Tue Aug 16, 2022 1:46 pm

damo666 wrote:
Tue Aug 16, 2022 1:42 pm
Princess Neon wrote:
Rumi Tobari wrote:
Tue Aug 16, 2022 1:35 pm

Ah. So from that perspective, does my lack of experience count against me and is everyone planning to use it to discredit me?
It can sure. But it is far more likely wolves use a general newness to Mafia to push a narrative where in they can use seeds of doubt. Say...in assuming an off hand remark is a scum slip in a grand sea of obvious towniness

damo666

#569 Post by damo666 » Tue Aug 16, 2022 1:46 pm

damo666 wrote:
Tue Aug 16, 2022 1:29 pm
Jamiet99uk wrote:
Tue Aug 16, 2022 10:20 am
Princess Neon wrote:
Tue Aug 16, 2022 10:05 am

I'd prefer to keep the new town player alive than allow a mis yeet that's just how I play read me based off it.
You don't know he's town.

Or do you?
@Princess this. RSVP
Answer this please PN.

BesharamSabi

#570 Post by BesharamSabi » Tue Aug 16, 2022 1:46 pm

Webdip mafia is back

damo666

#571 Post by damo666 » Tue Aug 16, 2022 1:47 pm

Princess Neon wrote:
Tue Aug 16, 2022 1:46 pm
damo666 wrote:
Princess Neon wrote:

It can sure. But it is far more likely wolves use a general newness to Mafia to push a narrative where in they can use seeds of doubt. Say...in assuming an off hand remark is a scum slip in a grand sea of obvious towniness
LOL

worcej

#572 Post by worcej » Tue Aug 16, 2022 1:47 pm

Princess Neon wrote:
Tue Aug 16, 2022 1:33 pm
Princess Neon wrote:
worcej wrote:
Tue Aug 16, 2022 1:28 pm
I guess so - because it’s rather unhelpful to withhold information from people to try to learn more about you simply because of an inherently meh principle when you’re able to have players like Sabi flaunt their knowledge about you in front of us.
Sorry that question sucks and always will *shrugs* kill me over it I won't answer it
It's exclusively used to paint a picture of a new player in over their head to discredit them or an old player who sucks because they don't understand the principles of the game of mafia. You can infer by experience Level from my play
I mean, I won’t deny the possibility of this happening but my intent was to try to learn more about you.

In my explicit case, I know nothing about you and want to establish some sort of way to look at you as a player. Otherwise I am kinda stuck in the ‘gotta kill one of the MU players Sabi brought over’ to figure out the group.

So you can stand by your principles here and hopefully die for it or try to engage with a new group so we learn you. Your call.

Rumi Tobari

#573 Post by Rumi Tobari » Tue Aug 16, 2022 1:48 pm

Princess Neon wrote:
Tue Aug 16, 2022 1:43 pm
dargorygel wrote:

Anyway, gone for a while
I explained at least my reasoning for everything I've done. I'm willing to answer questions and work with town where in its possible to do so without it exclusively being used to push a narrative on me

But you don't know me and have no reason to trust my self meta. You should trust what Sabi has seen but it's openly been acknowledged their known meta on me doesn't matter.

I know I do dumb things. I also know they work. I know I have bad habits. I also know I'm right when I TR people in general. I think everyone voting me is using flimsy and awful reasons to do it.
This feels a bit like you're defending yourself with defensiveness.

That aside, this whole "I know I'm right thing" is something I've mentioned earlier in the thread (I think in relation to Byz, I have something of a poor memory and might be misremembering) as possibly blinding you to the possibility of being wrong.

It is wholely possible for people to be wrong about something they are sure about. And I think its best to be flexible with the possibility that a call can be wrong.

damo666

#574 Post by damo666 » Tue Aug 16, 2022 1:48 pm

damo666 wrote:
Tue Aug 16, 2022 1:47 pm
Princess Neon wrote:
damo666 wrote:

LOL
Who says this about themeslves?

worcej

#575 Post by worcej » Tue Aug 16, 2022 1:50 pm

Princess Neon wrote:
dargorygel wrote:

Anyway, gone for a while

I am not going to just trust Sabi’s opinions of you over figuring you out on my own.

Princess Neon

#576 Post by Princess Neon » Tue Aug 16, 2022 1:51 pm

damo666 wrote:
damo666 wrote:
Tue Aug 16, 2022 1:29 pm
Jamiet99uk wrote:
Tue Aug 16, 2022 10:20 am

You don't know he's town.

Or do you?
@Princess this. RSVP
Answer this please PN.
I don't know what these words mean. I've explained why I said what I said though.

BesharamSabi

#577 Post by BesharamSabi » Tue Aug 16, 2022 1:52 pm

Neon is town but I will let yall figure that out but I swear to God if you scare her off I will send you to the shadow relm.

President Eden

#578 Post by President Eden » Tue Aug 16, 2022 1:53 pm

BesharamSabi wrote:
Tue Aug 16, 2022 1:41 pm
President Eden wrote:
Just to elaborate on my last post, the current state of my wagon is as follows:

1. Byz — ostensibly randomly picked between me and ghug for a random wagon, deferred to Sabi who chose me, then got high on his own supply and forced a very weak tonal read as a fig leaf

2. Sabi — was offered the chance to meme vote me, did, then made up something about vibes as a fig leaf

3. darg — chose for himself a narrative where I am putting on masks (which doesn’t describe my play in any context), found my behavior suspicious after reading it looking for suspicion, voted me

4. Jamie — pretended not to understand humor, voted me

Literally any of these people could have done this as any alignment. Byz is the only one that I consciously gave some credit for probably coming from town (“high on his own supply”). All three of the others are well within conceivable town or mafia range. My wagon was arbitrarily chosen and arbitrarily post-hoc rationalized, so trying to determine whether anybody is busing or going with the flow is going to be a fool’s errand. Which is why openly declaring a random wagon is silly, and why trying to backtrack and pretend it was based on something real doesn’t fool anyone.
Fine. I feel more confident that ghug is a hit anyways

##VOTE ghug
##end
Mondo cap

Beaucoup capé

Massimo capo

Princess Neon

#579 Post by Princess Neon » Tue Aug 16, 2022 1:53 pm

damo666 wrote:
Tue Aug 16, 2022 1:48 pm
damo666 wrote:
Tue Aug 16, 2022 1:47 pm
Princess Neon wrote:

LOL
Who says this about themeslves?
It wasn't about me

Princess Neon

#580 Post by Princess Neon » Tue Aug 16, 2022 1:55 pm

worcej wrote:
Tue Aug 16, 2022 1:50 pm
Princess Neon wrote:
dargorygel wrote:

Anyway, gone for a while

I am not going to just trust Sabi’s opinions of you over figuring you out on my own.
And you don't have to people play mafia different but I think it's kind of silly to ignore info being given to you from someone who actually does have a base understanding of my play. You can take that and align it with what you see or you can ignore it.