MAFIA XXXVII: THE WHEEL OF WEB-TIME

If you have a game you want to play on the forum, you can do so here.
Forum rules
This is an area for forum games. Please note that to support mafia games players cannot edit their own posts in this forum. Off Topic threads will be relocated or deleted. Issues taking place in forum games should be dealt with by respective game GMs and escalated to the moderators only if absolutely necessary.
brainbomb

Re: MAFIA XXXVII: THE WHEEL OF WEB-TIME

#1481 Post by brainbomb » Tue Jul 17, 2018 8:22 pm

brainbomb wrote:
Thu Jul 12, 2018 1:08 am
Journal Entry 1

I left Toman Head at age 14. I had hoped my brother would come but his arrogance led him to an addiction he could never break. Some men want to reign supreme, some men want taco supreme. My brother, well, he wanted more than anything to practice high level dentistry at a reasonable prize.

I wanted to help of course. My brother was also my Uncle. Dont try to understand it. As time went on I gathered precious metals for him. He needed them to make fillings and I was quite good at foraging.

On his 34th name day he botched a root canal on a local oil slicked greaser. Chaqa he called himself. Chaqa sued my brother and bought a fancy Camaro with the blood money. I couldnt believe it. Hillary couldnt believe it. But one of the family was even more incensed.

The moral of the story is
Always ##Vote Doubting Thomas

Jamiet99uk

#1482 Post by Jamiet99uk » Tue Jul 17, 2018 8:24 pm

brainbomb wrote:
Tue Jul 17, 2018 8:22 pm
brainbomb wrote:
Thu Jul 12, 2018 1:08 am
Journal Entry 1

I left Toman Head at age 14. I had hoped my brother would come but his arrogance led him to an addiction he could never break. Some men want to reign supreme, some men want taco supreme. My brother, well, he wanted more than anything to practice high level dentistry at a reasonable prize.

I wanted to help of course. My brother was also my Uncle. Dont try to understand it. As time went on I gathered precious metals for him. He needed them to make fillings and I was quite good at foraging.

On his 34th name day he botched a root canal on a local oil slicked greaser. Chaqa he called himself. Chaqa sued my brother and bought a fancy Camaro with the blood money. I couldnt believe it. Hillary couldnt believe it. But one of the family was even more incensed.

The moral of the story is
Always ##Vote Doubting Thomas
That doesn't make you a doctor. It makes your brother a dentist. On that basis I claim that I'm the Hairdresser.

flash2015
Gold Donator
Gold Donator

#1483 Post by flash2015 » Tue Jul 17, 2018 8:25 pm

Foxcastle wrote:
Tue Jul 17, 2018 7:43 pm

Flash—Probably town. Engaged and eager, though I would like to see more reads and some cases built for your votes. The last minute vote on thedipplayer on Day 1, and the willingness to joke-vote Vecna as potentially your final vote if you didn't make it back for EOD give me pause, but my gut reaction is that they weren't calculated in malice.
Again, the last minute vote on day one was to just make absolutely sure there was no tie. The vote on Vecna was not a joke, and he did still seem to tunnel on Peter (he led that wagon). And I truly did not think I was back (I have a habit of setting alarms/reminders to do something then ignoring them) as I do have a crisis at work that I am supposed to be concentrating on.

I am hesitant to give out full readings as I am really not very confident in them. I thought Jamie was a slamdunk and I **thought** my reasons for joining on Jamie were the same reasons for which BB created the wagon (the sketchy voting from Jamie AS WELL AS not wanting to lynch a PR). But if I am now reading correctly now the ONLY reason for moving off teacher was the PR claim. This all feels wrong to me...but since I am not really seeing others see these moves as a problem (e.g. you claim both BB and Jamie are town - perhaps a move like Jamie's is common...and that is just inexperience for me not recognizing it?) I will wait later in D3 to reserve judgement (if I am here day 3 of course - I shouldn't get ahead of myself).

I think I need to go back and read who exactly slapped down Peter's idea that Jamie and BB are both scum. I know teacher was pushing that idea hard. Perhaps it isn't so silly after all?

I know I have to get over my bias of focusing on people that are posting a lot. It actually should be natural for scum to hide, as the more you post the more chance you have to get caught in a lie (which made teacher's game so impressive - he almost pulled it off). I know I really should not be discounting Bismark and damo. Keeping an eye on you and worcej. I think Peter and DoubtingThomas are town.

peterlund
Gold Donator
Gold Donator

#1484 Post by peterlund » Tue Jul 17, 2018 8:26 pm

I'd better post this before EoN2.

Lynch order:
1 Jamiet99uk, Scum: very scummy voting EoD2, "cop" claim, does not seem to follow the thread properly, low posting compared to normal, tunneling on brain. Should be lynched first thing Day 3. Getting no votes and no real pressure from Teacher. (Was Jamie Teachers deep threat?)
2 Vecna, Scum or SK: Lazy bastard, tunneling
3 brainbomb, Scum or SK: Very assertive statement EoD1 about dips future flip, that he did not explain, very scummy voting EoD2, lots of other shit, latest is fake claiming Doc.

Teacher avoid voting Brain completely D1 and do early D2 voting on Brain seemingly only in order to distance himself from Brain. He seem to try to steer one of his scum buddies into the right direction (Is this buddy Brain or Jamie or both?):
teacher2
Day-1 20:32
page 14 Im inclined to see Brain v. Jamie as TvT, though Im mighty close to casting a policy vote on Brain for being a jerk. This is a GAME, be sports. I think Jamie has raised legitimate issues, but ones that dont ultimately hold up for me - so townish scumhunting, even if I disagree. And I think Brain is being too much of a jerk for him to be scum, but Im planning on meta'ing while Im online this session and doing a readslist.

@Jamie: Take a step outside yourself and think, have you ever seen a crumb/scumslip that obvious in any game? I havent. And even if I had, I dont think Brain would be the one to make it.

@Brain: Youre getting really pissed at Jamie for overreading a shitpost of yours. But you did the same to Fox's shitpost. Why are the situations different? Also, Im still wondering about the self-vote. You explained it as not wanting to no-lynch but we were 25hrs+ from the deadline so its not like it mattered. Any other reason?
4 BismarckAlive, Scum: Silent/scared newbie scum, Teacher do early voting on BA D1 with no intention to stay there, only to make him more active.
5 damo666, Newbie: Scum or misguided town
6 rdrivera2005: The Joker as always
7 Squigs44: - too much trust in Teacher, + Did not move off Teacher EoD2.
8 Foxcastle: seems towny
9 bozotheclown: seems towny
10 flash2015: newbie town
11 worcej: newbie town
12 DoubtingThomas - newbie town
13 yavuzovic - Early vote on Teacher - TOWN

Foxcastle

#1485 Post by Foxcastle » Tue Jul 17, 2018 8:27 pm

Flash, you should give End of Night reads.

flash2015
Gold Donator
Gold Donator

#1486 Post by flash2015 » Tue Jul 17, 2018 8:28 pm

Also not sure what to really make of bozo, rdrivera and yav.

Foxcastle

#1487 Post by Foxcastle » Tue Jul 17, 2018 8:32 pm

flash2015 wrote:
Tue Jul 17, 2018 8:28 pm
Give'em an ISO and see what you come up with...

Bozo
Rdrivera
Yavuz

Foxcastle

#1488 Post by Foxcastle » Tue Jul 17, 2018 8:35 pm

Foxcastle wrote:
Tue Jul 17, 2018 8:32 pm
flash2015 wrote:
Tue Jul 17, 2018 8:28 pm
Give'em an ISO and see what you come up with...

Bozo
Rdrivera
Yavuz
Now with 66% less shitty links...
Bozo
Rdrivera
Yavuz

yavuzovic

#1489 Post by yavuzovic » Tue Jul 17, 2018 8:38 pm

Jamiet99uk wrote:
Tue Jul 17, 2018 7:25 pm
brainbomb wrote:
Tue Jul 17, 2018 7:20 pm
yavuzovic wrote:
Tue Jul 17, 2018 4:37 pm
:congo:
Why do we have Congo flag emoji?

You dont know shit about the Congo do you
They eat people down there.
Why!?

damo666

#1490 Post by damo666 » Tue Jul 17, 2018 8:40 pm

Peter, yes new. Please explain how I am misguided (not saying I'm not).

Jamiet99uk

#1491 Post by Jamiet99uk » Tue Jul 17, 2018 8:40 pm

Here is my ISO-read of Doubting-Thomas:

Page 4: Vows some kind of revenge after Brainbomb votes for him.

Page 10: Votes for Brainbomb

Page 13: Votes Bismarck because "I don't really wanna be a deciding vote". This seemed scummy to me at the time. Teacher2 questions him about this (as do I) and he answers on p.17...

Page 17: The answer is that he doesn't want to be disqualified for not voting, and Bismarck was AFK. He then says: "I dont wanna be voting Brainbomb yet".

Looking back, this explanation is all over the place. He says he put what was no more than a placeholder vote on Bismarck because he was conscious of the 'must vote' rule. Yet he had already cast a vote, for Brainbomb, which had satisfied the rule. Then he says he doesn't want to vote Brainbomb "yet" - despite already having done so! Sketchy.

Page 18: Plays the "I'm a newb" card, hard.

Page 20: Asks Teacher2 who he should vote for. Nobody else, just Teacher2. Says he does not want to vote Brainbomb.

Page 21: Gets hyper defensive about me having a slight scumread on him, and claims I am only scumreading him because he is new (which is not the case).

Page 21: Votes DemonRHK (now Squigs44) on the basis that he has not participated. Defends Brainbomb.

Page 22: Tells RagingIke "I want to NOT KILL brain"

Page 32: "I am confident that jamie and brain are fighting each other in maf qt rn"

- What the fuck? He said on four or five separate occasions during D1 that he didn't want to vote for Brainbomb, and now as soon as we're into N2, he is "confident" that Brainbomb is scum. WTF?

Page 44: Says: "I think we should go over what Teacher has to say before continuing to persecute Brain".

Page 49: While defending himself to Squigs44, he says "I feel like Brain is a town".

Page 53: Is critical of Worcej's scumread on Peter. Points out the "superior quality" of Peter's posts(!).

Page 53: Addressing Teacher and me, says he now has Brainbomb as a null, but I'm his strongest scumread.

Page 54: Votes Peterlund because of Peterlund's vote for Teacher2.

Page 56: Abruptly starts suspecting Teacher2 because of the way Teacher pushed the TheDipplayer lynch.

Page 57: Pushes his questioning of Teacher2 for jumping on and off Peterlund. However it's interesting that he describes Teacher2 as a "scumlean" whereas his read on me was "hard" scum.

Page 58: He votes for Teacher2. This was the third vote on Teacher2, with 1hr33min remaining, after Peterlund started the wagon and Yav had also joined it. Peterlund was still 5-3 ahead at that point.

Page 59: Tells Bozo that if Teacher2 flips scum, Bozo is next. Has upgraded Teacher to "strong scum" now, and townreads Peter.

Page 60, 61: Goes after Bozo hard, because Bozo is questioning his scumread of Teacher2. Keeps advocating others to join the Teacher2 wagon.

Page 63: Agrees with Brainbomb that Peterlund is useless. An odd comment when earlier he had praised the "superior quality" of Peter's posts.

Page 67: "Vote Bozo next if I die"

Page 69: "Lynch Jamie D3"

(Then has a salty argument with me over the last few pages).

I would say that looking back at how hard DoubtingThomas pushed the Teacher2 lynch, that would be some really ballsy bussing, especially given the importance of the Ninja's role and the effect on the Janitor of losing the Ninja. Reflecting on that, I'm re-grading Thomas to a townlean. I do have some questions though.

QUESTIONS for DoubtingThomas:

1. You spent the latter part of D1 repeatedly saying you didn't want to lynch Brainbomb. Then, abruptly, as N1 fell, you declared you were "confident" that Brainbomb was Mafia. You then downgraded Brainbomb to a "null", and then a few pages later decided he was town. What happened between the end of D1 and the early part of the night that convinced you Brainbomb was scum, and what made you change your mind again later in the same phase?

2. Why did I suddenly jump above Bozo in your scum list?

damo666

#1492 Post by damo666 » Tue Jul 17, 2018 8:42 pm

IF (big if) I survive the night I will reread entire thread in light of new information and post findings (probably in about 18 hours).

Jamiet99uk

#1493 Post by Jamiet99uk » Tue Jul 17, 2018 8:43 pm

peterlund wrote:
Tue Jul 17, 2018 8:26 pm
1 Jamiet99uk, Scum: very scummy voting EoD2, "cop" claim, does not seem to follow the thread properly, low posting compared to normal, tunneling on brain.
1. What do you mean I am not following the thread properly?

2. What was scummy about my EoD2 voting - and why do you not accept the detailed explanation I have given of those actions?

3. I am not tunnelling on Brainbomb.

4. I am the second most prolific poster in the game, according to your Bot, and this is a game with Brainbomb in it, who is always the most prolific poster in any game he is in. Your claim that I am posting with low frequency is either a lie to slander me, or you've made a really big mistake.

DoubtingThomas

#1494 Post by DoubtingThomas » Tue Jul 17, 2018 8:45 pm

Jamiet99uk wrote:
Tue Jul 17, 2018 8:40 pm
Here is my ISO-read of Doubting-Thomas:

Page 4: Vows some kind of revenge after Brainbomb votes for him.

Page 10: Votes for Brainbomb

Page 13: Votes Bismarck because "I don't really wanna be a deciding vote". This seemed scummy to me at the time. Teacher2 questions him about this (as do I) and he answers on p.17...

Page 17: The answer is that he doesn't want to be disqualified for not voting, and Bismarck was AFK. He then says: "I dont wanna be voting Brainbomb yet".

Looking back, this explanation is all over the place. He says he put what was no more than a placeholder vote on Bismarck because he was conscious of the 'must vote' rule. Yet he had already cast a vote, for Brainbomb, which had satisfied the rule. Then he says he doesn't want to vote Brainbomb "yet" - despite already having done so! Sketchy.

Page 18: Plays the "I'm a newb" card, hard.

Page 20: Asks Teacher2 who he should vote for. Nobody else, just Teacher2. Says he does not want to vote Brainbomb.

Page 21: Gets hyper defensive about me having a slight scumread on him, and claims I am only scumreading him because he is new (which is not the case).

Page 21: Votes DemonRHK (now Squigs44) on the basis that he has not participated. Defends Brainbomb.

Page 22: Tells RagingIke "I want to NOT KILL brain"

Page 32: "I am confident that jamie and brain are fighting each other in maf qt rn"

- What the fuck? He said on four or five separate occasions during D1 that he didn't want to vote for Brainbomb, and now as soon as we're into N2, he is "confident" that Brainbomb is scum. WTF?

Page 44: Says: "I think we should go over what Teacher has to say before continuing to persecute Brain".

Page 49: While defending himself to Squigs44, he says "I feel like Brain is a town".

Page 53: Is critical of Worcej's scumread on Peter. Points out the "superior quality" of Peter's posts(!).

Page 53: Addressing Teacher and me, says he now has Brainbomb as a null, but I'm his strongest scumread.

Page 54: Votes Peterlund because of Peterlund's vote for Teacher2.

Page 56: Abruptly starts suspecting Teacher2 because of the way Teacher pushed the TheDipplayer lynch.

Page 57: Pushes his questioning of Teacher2 for jumping on and off Peterlund. However it's interesting that he describes Teacher2 as a "scumlean" whereas his read on me was "hard" scum.

Page 58: He votes for Teacher2. This was the third vote on Teacher2, with 1hr33min remaining, after Peterlund started the wagon and Yav had also joined it. Peterlund was still 5-3 ahead at that point.

Page 59: Tells Bozo that if Teacher2 flips scum, Bozo is next. Has upgraded Teacher to "strong scum" now, and townreads Peter.

Page 60, 61: Goes after Bozo hard, because Bozo is questioning his scumread of Teacher2. Keeps advocating others to join the Teacher2 wagon.

Page 63: Agrees with Brainbomb that Peterlund is useless. An odd comment when earlier he had praised the "superior quality" of Peter's posts.

Page 67: "Vote Bozo next if I die"

Page 69: "Lynch Jamie D3"

(Then has a salty argument with me over the last few pages).

I would say that looking back at how hard DoubtingThomas pushed the Teacher2 lynch, that would be some really ballsy bussing, especially given the importance of the Ninja's role and the effect on the Janitor of losing the Ninja. Reflecting on that, I'm re-grading Thomas to a townlean. I do have some questions though.

QUESTIONS for DoubtingThomas:

1. You spent the latter part of D1 repeatedly saying you didn't want to lynch Brainbomb. Then, abruptly, as N1 fell, you declared you were "confident" that Brainbomb was Mafia. You then downgraded Brainbomb to a "null", and then a few pages later decided he was town. What happened between the end of D1 and the early part of the night that convinced you Brainbomb was scum, and what made you change your mind again later in the same phase?

2. Why did I suddenly jump above Bozo in your scum list?

Man I was just about to post that now he’s gonna pretend to have reread me and put me town lean because literally everybody is putting me st town

O well currently out on mobile, I will answer you D2 if I. Survive

Jamiet99uk

#1495 Post by Jamiet99uk » Tue Jul 17, 2018 8:46 pm

Or, Thomas, you could answer now.

DoubtingThomas

#1496 Post by DoubtingThomas » Tue Jul 17, 2018 8:48 pm

Jamiet99uk wrote:
Tue Jul 17, 2018 8:46 pm
Or, Thomas, you could answer now.
No, I’d like to incentivize you to not kill me yet

Foxcastle

#1497 Post by Foxcastle » Tue Jul 17, 2018 8:48 pm

Doubting Thomas and Damo both seem to think they're NK targets. Why?

ND

#1498 Post by ND » Tue Jul 17, 2018 8:49 pm

##GM NOTE
Eleven minutes remain in the phase.

DoubtingThomas

#1499 Post by DoubtingThomas » Tue Jul 17, 2018 8:49 pm

Foxcastle wrote:
Tue Jul 17, 2018 8:48 pm
Because I am town read by everyone so killing me would get rid of a town?

Foxcastle

#1500 Post by Foxcastle » Tue Jul 17, 2018 8:51 pm

Foxcastle wrote:
Tue Jul 17, 2018 8:48 pm
Let me rephrase this more usefully.

Doubting Thomas, you seem to think you're a possible NK target, what is your reasoning for why you're a target?

Damo, you seem to think you're a possible NK target, why do you think you're a target?