MAFIA XXXVII: THE WHEEL OF WEB-TIME

If you have a game you want to play on the forum, you can do so here.
Forum rules
This is an area for forum games. Please note that to support mafia games players cannot edit their own posts in this forum. Off Topic threads will be relocated or deleted. Issues taking place in forum games should be dealt with by respective game GMs and escalated to the moderators only if absolutely necessary.
brainbomb

Re: MAFIA XXXVII: THE WHEEL OF WEB-TIME

#1401 Post by brainbomb » Tue Jul 17, 2018 3:29 am

teacher2
Day-2 39:35
page 43
↑brainbomb: "If youd like to ask me why rdrivera is scum, or why yavuz is blatantly scum, or why vecna is very town im happy to answe..."
I mean I have a crackpot theory based on the nks and the difference from meta that yavuz is the serial killer, but Im glad to talk with you about them. I agree with all of your reads there (hence my readslist). But same reads does not mean same alignment.

This is pretty telling, I think hes making a valid observation here. Worth considering.

brainbomb

#1402 Post by brainbomb » Tue Jul 17, 2018 3:31 am

Based on the nightkills would imply scum thinks yavuz had motive to kill dr.

Yavuz doesnt know ike very well other than simulator.

I also dont think one scum throws the other under the bus as being sk.

This makes yavuz, combined with vca, probable town.

brainbomb

#1403 Post by brainbomb » Tue Jul 17, 2018 3:37 am

Teacher would be more inclined to think Dr was a meta kill than Ike.
Teacher knows nothing about the simulator, and ike and yavuz werent adverseries in it.

I was under the impression dr cjgc and yavuz had just played in jamies mini game.
So people more likely as sk to kill Dr would be yav, jamie, teacher, worcej

And id be very surprised if worcej or teacher killed dr., but whatever combo we know teacher performed scums kill on someone. And Ike makes more sense as being killed by scum if damo was scum too.
RagingIke297
Day-1 25:08
page 8 I should probably start using my vote ##vote Damo, come out and play!
Raging Ikes other positions included strongly townreading me, which scum would absolutely have wanted to see go down today not teacher.

Ike also scumread peter, but in what world is peter faking as doc? Ever?

brainbomb

#1404 Post by brainbomb » Tue Jul 17, 2018 3:40 am

So im at
SCUM
Damo666
Bismark
Foxcastle

Third party Yavuz or Jamie

Town
Vecna
Thomas
Peter
Worcej
Bozo
Flash

Null
Rivera

brainbomb

#1405 Post by brainbomb » Tue Jul 17, 2018 3:44 am

At the point teacher was at he was pretty willing to kill Jamie so theres. Decent chance Jamie is town and I am mistaken on him. In which case I apologize for making the game uglier and harder than it needed to be.

Teacher never once scumread Jamie, and only ever took his side wrt lynching me. Id assume Jamie would need some meteoric reevaluation on me in light of these facts. Unless he wants to peice together 52 pages of argument that teacher bussed me.

brainbomb

#1406 Post by brainbomb » Tue Jul 17, 2018 3:57 am

I was in the shower thinking about Jamie just now
And the thing is he has to be exactly the Serial Killer
Ive never seen Jamie fake claim or joke claim
I guess he maybe could be scum but thats alot less likely

bozotheclown

#1407 Post by bozotheclown » Tue Jul 17, 2018 4:18 am

DoubtingThomas wrote:
Tue Jul 17, 2018 2:04 am
bozotheclown wrote:
Tue Jul 17, 2018 12:34 am
DoubtingThomas wrote:
Mon Jul 16, 2018 10:31 pm

It might not be simple, but you just made it simple

If I were a townie in your position, I would try to explain or suggest something else that could be true

You saying, “the game is not simple” does not help the case and if you are an actual townie, you are just being a bad player and makes you look like a scum playing the bluff card

From the way you act, there is absolutely no way you are a VT you hardly care about someone deducing you as a scum

Maybe you might be a sk, as t looks like you were trying to tie the vote by moving to vote teacher who you refrained from doing so for 5 pages until there was enough chaos

Either way vote you d3, as it stands you are a toxic player for townies even if you are actually townie
To address your comment/question as to why I voted for teacher when I did, teacher claimed to be a town PR when faced with a likely lynch, but did not say which PR. Not specifying a PR looks suspicious, since it is not possible for the real PR to counterclaim. Still, lynching an uncontested PR claimant should be avoided, but I already had my vote on peter. Then peter claimed doc with only four minutes to go, and even though teacher tried to then claim vet, it was obviously in response to peter's doc claim, so peter's claim was more believable. That is when I switched my vote to teacher. After that I was watching the push to vote Jamie to avoid lynching either of the PR claimants, but I did not think he would get enough votes in time. My vote brought the vote from 7-6 teacher to 8-5 teacher, so I do not know why you would interpret that as an attempt to tie the vote.
who are your scum read and explain, please
Jamie and Vecna are my top scum candidates. Jamie unvoting EOD D2 makes it appear he was going to flip to peter even before teacher claimed PR. Also, Jamie saying he still scum reads peter after D2 makes it appear he was not considering what happened EOD D2 from a town perspective. When peter claimed doc, Vecna started pushing a Bismarck lynch even though teacher's genetic PR claim looked fake. While it was not a bad idea in theory, and brainbomb did the same with Jamie, Vecna's comment that he believed teacher's claim made it seem he felt he needed to explain his actions. I also never understood why Vecna's scum read of peter was so strong.

Vecna

#1408 Post by Vecna » Tue Jul 17, 2018 8:16 am

bozotheclown wrote:
Tue Jul 17, 2018 4:18 am
DoubtingThomas wrote:
bozotheclown wrote:
Tue Jul 17, 2018 12:34 am

To address your comment/question as to why I voted for teacher when I did, teacher claimed to be a town PR when faced with a likely lynch, but did not say which PR. Not specifying a PR looks suspicious, since it is not possible for the real PR to counterclaim. Still, lynching an uncontested PR claimant should be avoided, but I already had my vote on peter. Then peter claimed doc with only four minutes to go, and even though teacher tried to then claim vet, it was obviously in response to peter's doc claim, so peter's claim was more believable. That is when I switched my vote to teacher. After that I was watching the push to vote Jamie to avoid lynching either of the PR claimants, but I did not think he would get enough votes in time. My vote brought the vote from 7-6 teacher to 8-5 teacher, so I do not know why you would interpret that as an attempt to tie the vote.
Jamie and Vecna are my top scum candidates. Jamie unvoting EOD D2 makes it appear he was going to flip to peter even before teacher claimed PR. Also, Jamie saying he still scum reads peter after D2 makes it appear he was not considering what happened EOD D2 from a town perspective. When peter claimed doc, Vecna started pushing a Bismarck lynch even though teacher's genetic PR claim looked fake. While it was not a bad idea in theory, and brainbomb did the same with Jamie, Vecna's comment that he believed teacher's claim made it seem he felt he needed to explain his actions. I also never understood why Vecna's scum read of peter was so strong.
Except if I was scum with Teacher I would probably know what type of fakeclaim he was gonna produce, and I would not put that post about unvoting or changing votes = policy death just before changing regardless.

The claim was smart and believable, because thats exactly how an actual veteran should play it in that situation. You cannot fake-claim another PR because you might accidentally out them, so you claim random pr in the hopes to drag some scum with you tonight.

brainbomb

#1409 Post by brainbomb » Tue Jul 17, 2018 10:07 am

Vecna wrote:
Tue Jul 17, 2018 8:16 am
bozotheclown wrote:
Tue Jul 17, 2018 4:18 am
DoubtingThomas wrote:

Except if I was scum with Teacher I would probably know what type of fakeclaim he was gonna produce, and I would not put that post about unvoting or changing votes = policy death just before changing regardless.

The claim was smart and believable, because thats exactly how an actual veteran should play it in that situation. You cannot fake-claim another PR because you might accidentally out them, so you claim random pr in the hopes to drag some scum with you tonight.
I mean yes if you were scum the specific role and reasoning wouldve been debated in maf chat n1. The bismark push was your first outlet cfd. Lets talk why bismark over damo?
How are you reading damo?

Vecna

#1410 Post by Vecna » Tue Jul 17, 2018 11:05 am

Fuck me if I know, I just had the feeling Bismarck was the most likely to succeed since plenty of people were uttering suspicion about that spot.

Split second decision-making and all that.

peterlund
Gold Donator
Gold Donator

#1411 Post by peterlund » Tue Jul 17, 2018 12:19 pm

Please notice how silent scum/SK Jamie has become.

rdrivera2005
Gold Donator
Gold Donator

#1412 Post by rdrivera2005 » Tue Jul 17, 2018 12:26 pm

I find interesting Brain is acting like he is cleared. And he is not, his interaction with Teacher at night seems really forced and I pointed it at start of D2. Teacher answered that "it's hard to talk with Brain" and Brain didn't answer.

Then when I voted Teacher and he was top wagon he tried to start a wagon on me. Then he voted Teacher telling he was online (a signal to claim?) and after the claim he started a wagon on Jamiet that almost worked.

Also, Teacher never voted you D1 when you were at risk and only voted at start of D2, changing with more then 6 hours to go to Peter, that was the lynch he really wants. The only cleared people here are Peter and Thomas.

brainbomb

#1413 Post by brainbomb » Tue Jul 17, 2018 12:37 pm

rdrivera2005 wrote:
Tue Jul 17, 2018 12:26 pm
I find interesting Brain is acting like he is cleared. And he is not, his interaction with Teacher at night seems really forced and I pointed it at start of D2. Teacher answered that "it's hard to talk with Brain" and Brain didn't answer.

Then when I voted Teacher and he was top wagon he tried to start a wagon on me. Then he voted Teacher telling he was online (a signal to claim?) and after the claim he started a wagon on Jamiet that almost worked.

Also, Teacher never voted you D1 when you were at risk and only voted at start of D2, changing with more then 6 hours to go to Peter, that was the lynch he really wants. The only cleared people here are Peter and Thomas.
Im cleared because teacher very strongly and repeatedly talked about me being scum and jamie being justified in wanting to lynch me. A position he also flaked on d2.

He talked about me a ton. If you look he was arguing with me about reads, about sk claim strategy and more.

Thats very overstated to be scum talking to scum. Its congestive and hedgy. Forced implies that my willingness to answer his questions felt agenda-laden. Which it didnt, I called him scum the entire time.

At a pivotal moment I called his claim suspect, I tilted it to 7 v 6 at a 5 minute nark calling him out for beimg on, reading but not posting.

I only moved from him as he claimed vet, which I wasnt willing to risk lynching.

brainbomb

#1414 Post by brainbomb » Tue Jul 17, 2018 12:38 pm

Tone reading me as forced when ive given massive amounts of townspewing analysis is bullshit

DoubtingThomas

#1415 Post by DoubtingThomas » Tue Jul 17, 2018 12:43 pm

brainbomb wrote:
Tue Jul 17, 2018 3:40 am
So im at
SCUM
Damo666
Bismark
Foxcastle

Third party Yavuz or Jamie

Town
Vecna
Thomas
Peter
Worcej
Bozo
Flash

Null
Rivera
How is Bozo a town?

He seems so suspicious and have no reason for us to clear him as town, like I have been pointing out since BEFORE teacher was even wagoned

He's best at null

rdrivera2005
Gold Donator
Gold Donator

#1416 Post by rdrivera2005 » Tue Jul 17, 2018 12:44 pm

brainbomb wrote:
Tue Jul 17, 2018 12:38 pm
Tone reading me as forced when ive given massive amounts of townspewing analysis is bullshit
I didn't said you were always forced, on contrary I found only your interaction with Teacher forced. More on Teacher side to be honest and this is why I voted him, but you seemed a lot more organic on your interaction with Jamiet.

DoubtingThomas

#1417 Post by DoubtingThomas » Tue Jul 17, 2018 12:46 pm

rdrivera2005 wrote:
Tue Jul 17, 2018 12:26 pm

This is something I have started to think about

I really don't know so I need to ask, is there a way for you to get a notification when you are called out?

I find it interesting that brain was the first one to notice teacher online, and then teacher immediately (before I refreshed the page after brain pointed out) came out and tried to explain why he was online

Sounds like a readied dialogue to me

DoubtingThomas

#1418 Post by DoubtingThomas » Tue Jul 17, 2018 12:57 pm

For me:
Hard Town
Thomas - town because he pushed teacher HARD (check page 28-31)

Most likely Town
Peter - prob town, but scums could have played an amazing bussing

Likely Town
Fox - Pointed this out before teacher vote too, but have been against teacher's actions and reads seem like that of a town. I have 4 more scummy candidates, so I would put him at town for sure
Flash - seems pretty consistently clean all around

Town lean
Vecna; thought he was a town for sure, but why the change of vote at d2? but still a little town
Worcej; pretty quiet, but numerous times have been picked out by teacher+bozo

Null
Rivera; idk

Scum Lean

Brainbomb; honestly, I thought he was pretty townie, but his reactions after ninja's lynch seems pretty funny. I think he can more than likely be SK who is trying to develop chaos. Town clearing Bozo, I do not understand at all

Damo; didn't really see him
Bismarck; where is he???

Likely Scum
Bozo; let me know your venmo I will bet money he's a scum IMO more scummy than Jamie, always for Teacher even without much reasoning, but acted a little more like a town than Jamie.. still def scum for me

Hard scum
Jamie; suspicious voting activity with even less likely claiming of cop. would town do this even if they were nervous? no. Perhaps a SK, but idk

damo666

#1419 Post by damo666 » Tue Jul 17, 2018 1:22 pm

Got a bit of catching up to do. Back later.

peterlund
Gold Donator
Gold Donator

#1420 Post by peterlund » Tue Jul 17, 2018 1:50 pm

DoubtingThomas wrote:
Tue Jul 17, 2018 12:57 pm
Most likely Town
Peter - prob town, but scums could have played an amazing bussing
Scum knows that I am not on their team! They will probably come after me tonight...